Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think the guy I replied to will take it as a joke, exactly the way I intended it.

You'd hope so but that's not the way it works here sadly. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, smiler said:

You'd hope so but that's not the way it works here sadly. 

Well if a bit banter isn’t allowed maybe we are in the wrong place.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its not really much to say he's in talks, after he has f all to do, because he keeps getting sacked after a year. He's managed that in both his jobs, relegating one of his teams and no doubt would have doubled up on that.

I hope he talks himself out of our job as he appears to have done in his 2 others, whilst cosying up to the fans

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I find it quite remarkable that only a day ago the sun said Hearts had there man with sporting director to be Austin Macphee then all of a sudden he will take a bit of persuading to come to us paper and press are clutching at straws?

They didn't though they said he was Hearts top target.

Barnsley fan here.

if you do get Daniel it will be a great  move. Last year the quality of football was great, it was entertaining and loads of goals. Ok so it was the English 3rd division but we got our money's worth. Some purists will be happy with a 1-0 but I think most of us would to see a 3-2 win.

This season has been garbage but if your owners sold your number 1 keeper, the main 2 centre backs and your top scoring centre forward and replaced em with a bunch of teenagers it ain't rocket science as they say but it's pretty obvious what will happen.

Daniel  is a great guy as well, he was quick to learn English and the Summer he joined us he was in town with the fans watching the World Cup on the big screens in the pubs. When he got booted they had a leaving do and he came for a few beers with the fans.

The owners treated him disgracefully, just google the press statement they made when he left, it was is he had took the club down to the Barnsley Sunday league 

if if he does join there will be loads of us in the great republic of South Yorkshire will adopt Hearts as our Scottish team

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Knew this would become a dick measuring contest. 

They have a 50/50 chance though huh...pot luck, pick a side and slaver pish about it whilst hoping for the best.

If you get it right, halfwits will believe you're every post...get it wrong, 'things must have changed' excuses bonanza.

Either way, attention seeking craving satisfied.

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not really much to say he's in talks, after he has f all to do, because he keeps getting sacked after a year. He's managed that in both his jobs, relegating one of his teams and no doubt would have doubled up on that.

I hope he talks himself out of our job as he appears to have done in his 2 others, whilst cosying up to the fans

A bit of a strange view.

Who would you prefer?

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Stendel is in talks with the club. Media stirring the pot.  

BOOM!

This is who I was waiting to post.

👍

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm surprised no newspaper has actually spoke to Stendel to ask him what his opinion on the situation actually is.

Not even a "he declined to comment" or anything. Strange.

Suspect it's easier to log on here and write the article from your desk in twenty minutes...

lovereallyhurtwithoutdjoum
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What a slaver man 😂

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

BOOM!

This is who I was waiting to post.

👍

Genuinely...why?

Let me guess...he's got so much right before?

Chortle.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Genuinely...why?

Let me guess...he's got so much right before?

Chortle.

No not really, thread was getting a bit stale TBH.

EDIT: "Chortle" ? WTF man? Do you read the Broons or something? Who the hell "chortles" nowadays anyway?

Edited by Pans Jambo

3 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Suspect it's easier to log on here and write the article from your desk in twenty minutes...

True dat.

Lazy journalism (or efficient as its now known as).

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

True, what it really needed was one more ITK to chuck another slaver grenade into the mix.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

EDIT: "Chortle" ? WTF man? Do you read the Broons or something? Who the hell "chortles" nowadays anyway?

He must be from Tranent.👨‍🌾

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Interesting aside and I don't know if this has been mentioned previously on the thread, but Barnsley are part owned by Billy Beane of the Oalkland Raiders in the MLB, and the club employ Beane's 'Moneyball' method when recruiting players and managers.

Oakland Raiders are an American Football team, not baseball.  I take it you mean the Oakland Athletics?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Oakland Raiders are an American Football team, not baseball.  I take it you mean the Oakland Athletics?

yeah Oakland A’s

10 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

They have a 50/50 chance though huh...pot luck, pick a side and slaver pish about it whilst hoping for the best.

If you get it right, halfwits will believe you're every post...get it wrong, 'things must have changed' excuses bonanza.

Either way, attention seeking craving satisfied.

I like “Slaver grenade”. 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Stendel is in talks with the club. Media stirring the pot.  

daza is usualy spot on with his info so im optomistic something might happen. It does not mean Davie deans is wrong though, Stendel might be speaking to us just out of courtesy while hoping it might trigger a job offer from down south. Who knows..........

kingantti1874

Daza is one of the few people with a history of being correct on occasion before the news.. 

Davie seems very confident in his source and hasn’t given any reason to doubt his validity.. 

Who knows eh

1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

daza is usualy spot on with his info so im optomistic something might happen. It does not mean Davie deans is wrong though, Stendel might be speaking to us just out of courtesy while hoping it might trigger a job offer from down south. Who knows..........

Mate, you're FAR too sensible. You wont be getting a thread ban at this rate...

Seymour M Hersh
54 minutes ago, smiler said:

Dazajambo's source is actually his Mum. True story. 

Source? Me. 

If his mum is Senga the tea lady then maybe, just maybe. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mate, you're FAR too sensible. You wont be getting a thread ban at this rate...

I will...I collect them like Panini Stickers.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Daza is one of the few people with a history of being correct on occasion before the news.. 

Davie seems very confident in his source and hasn’t given any reason to doubt his validity.. 

Who knows eh

Was thinking about that. Has he actually be right before? All I can remember is posting unprovable rumours. Like "He is in talks with the club". Or "We are going to sign a real crowd pleaser".

Not suggesting he is lying or not ITK but can't remember when he has came out and said X has signed.

17 hours ago, Bootboy100 said:

Can someone explain why we have to pay Barnsley compensation if he was sacked? Surely it’s Barnsley paying up Stendel? 
Apologies if this has been asked already

It's probably been answered already, but it's unlikely to be a question of us having to pay Barnsley, rather Stendel looking for Barnsley to pay him. If his contract runs to next summer and his annual salary is/was £200k, he'll be due a bit over £100k from them. If he takes another job, they'll be able say he's no longer available to work for them if required and will stop paying him. If his new job pays less, he'd probably then be able to take Barnsley to court and have them ordered to pay the difference over the remaining period of his contract but that'd be it I think. If he can negotiate a lump sum payoff from Barnsley before going after a new job, he could potentially get most, or a large chunk anyway, of the £100k+ he's potentiality due from them up front and then get himself a new job!

8 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Battle of the itk 

Akin to Mystic Meg having a Royal Rumble with Uri Geller and Derek Acorah.

Ooooft, and in swoops Comical Ali with a haymaker.

Edited by Deviskan

Arthur Morgan
5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

None of this has been proven so technically speaking you have made an arse of yourself.

Aye ok then 🙄

48 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Yes it was a predictive text typo but thanks for highlighting.

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

That’s a good post.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You don't get it do you? Is giving the manager over 2 seasons of failure the done thing now ? Across the city the manager had 9 months and when it wasn't working him and his assistant were punted ! At our club the manager failed to meet the minimum target 2 seasons in a row while presiding over dreadful football and wasting money like it was confetti 

I’m afraid it’s you who doesn’t get it.

Let me get my crayons out for you and we’ll give it one last bash......

You said we accept failure....you then said we reward failure....yes ?

Cathro was a failure. We didn’t accept it....and he wasn’t rewarded for it.

Levein was a failure. We didn’t accept this....and he wasn’t rewarded for it.

Now.....if you don’t accept that as an absolute fact then you are beyond any possible help.

Lets just it leave it there before you cause the Selkirk education system any further embarrassment with your ramblings.

33 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Akin to Mystic Meg having a Royal Rumble with Uri Geller and Derek Acorah.

Ooooft, and in swoops Comical Ali with a haymaker.

image.jpeg.dd76277503930127a23578fe22e4b1d6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Compensation could cause a delay if it is to be him. 

Don't see compensation being a problem,  shouldn't think it would be more than £120,000.  First Division managers don't earn more than £200,000 according to the oracle that is Google.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A bit of a strange view.

Who would you prefer?

A proven manager Warnock. Its an alternative view, rather than a strange one. Everyone seems to have gone gegenpress mad without really looking much closer

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A proven manager Warnock. Its an alternative view, rather than a strange one. Everyone seems to have gone gegenpress mad without really looking much closer

Can't see Warnock upping sticks and moving up here at his stage in life. Why would he want to? Didn't he say he was having another season at Cardiff,  or finishing this season then packing it in before he got the bullet? Not in those words but along those lines. I get why some would think he'd be a good appointment but it wouldn't be long term. Just a short term fix then we'd have to go through the whole process again a year or so down the line. So for me, it's a no.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, lovereallyhurtwithoutdjoum said:

What a slaver man 😂

Might bookmark this. I reckon if he arrives, big if, he will be gone in a year, one way or the other.

A bit of research. For example, the board have been criticised at Barnsley. He knew full well what the policy was and signed players, arguably better than Adam Jackson (Hibs superstar) and Liam Lindsay (ex Partick superstar that cant get a gig as Scotlands 10th centre back).

Look closer would be my advice.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Can't see Warnock upping sticks and moving up here at his stage in life. Why would he want to? Didn't he say he was having another season at Cardiff,  or finishing this season then packing it in before he got the bullet? Not in those words but along those lines. I get why some would think he'd be a good appointment but it wouldn't be long term. Just a short term fix then we'd have to go through the whole process again a year or so down the line. So for me, it's a no.

Thought Warnock had a place up here?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

His wife apparently had always fancied living in Scotland. But it could have been hot air.

With regard to a year, well Hodgson is still going strong in the biggest league in the world just over a year older.

Our man here has managed 2 clubs and been sacked after a year at each, so on form, yeah we would be going through that process again in a year. We could be with anyone.

The 3 year and 5 year plans are over rated, purely in my view, until we get back into Europe, its a priority I believe, or the new manager is going to be another Levein "jam tomorrow" target.

Our fans in my 40 years watching Hearts prefer results over myths and philosophy

• davemclaren locked this topic