*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So if you can't even tell me what that's supposed to mean when faced by such a gigantic gulf in class then you're right. There is no point. This give their all nonsense is as meaningless as just have a go at this level of football.

I asked you a straight question and gave you an example of what I meant yet you still decided to kid on you never knew what I meant.

i expected better than the last 18 games today. I didn’t get it,

Giving their all is not nonsense. I’ve followed hearts since 1984 and know the difference between trying our best and going through the motions with players hiding and failing to fight for our cause. It may as well have been Ross county or Hamilton facing rangers today.

this isn’t the Hearts I know or the Hearts I want to know but if you’re happy to continue making excuses for them all the way to relegation then bash on. It’s no skin of my nose.

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

In comparison to the league 1 and 2 freebies McInnes has to play with they are elite. 

Yet last season Aberdeen did well against Rangers and Hearts managed a draw only a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I asked you a straight question and gave you an example of what I meant yet you still decided to kid on you never knew what I meant.

i expected better than the last 18 games today. I didn’t get it,

Giving their all is not nonsense. I’ve followed hearts since 1984 and know the difference between trying our best and going through the motions with players hiding and failing to fight for our cause. It may as well have been Ross county or Hamilton facing rangers today.

this isn’t the Hearts I know or the Hearts I want to know but if you’re happy to continue making excuses for them all the way to relegation then bash on. It’s no skin of my nose.

Why did you expect better against Rangers at Hampden?

Just now, Spoleto said:

Why did you expect better against Rangers at Hampden?

if you had watched the game you’re trolling. If you didn’t watch it you’ll get a replay on bt sports or sky. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

if you had watched the game you’re trolling. If you didn’t watch it you’ll get a replay on bt sports or sky. 

That makes no sense at all. 

The question was "why did you EXPECT better"?

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

That makes no sense at all. 

The question was "why did you EXPECT better"?

Any proper Hearts fan expected a better performance than that.

I’ve explained what I expected in my previous posts on this thread.

if you didn’t expect a better performance from a hearts team maybe supporting a consistently more mediocre team like Hamilton or Ross county would suit you better.

Guys like you who have chosen to  accept any pile of shit performance that is served up to them are part of the problem. 

Your contribution to the board as a wumming, trolling pain in the arse is just an embarrassment to you. This board used to have posters who were actually good at trolling. You’re just pathetic, only showing up to try (and usually fail) to stick the boot in when hearts fans are suffering.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

if you didn’t expect a better performance from a hearts team maybe supporting a consistently more mediocre team like Hamilton or Ross county would suit you better.

Guys like you who have chosen to  accept any pile of shit performance that is served up to them are part of the problem. 

Your contribution to the board as a wumming, trolling pain in the arse is just an embarrassment to you. This board used to have posters who were actually good at trolling. You’re just pathetic, only showing up to try (and usually fail) to stick the boot in when hearts fans are suffering.

I EXPECT most Hearts fans "hoped" for better". I don't think they would have "expected" better though.

No need for the personal abuse though. I hope it makes you feel better.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I EXPECT most Hearts fans "hoped" for better". I don't think they would have "expected" better though.

No need for the personal abuse though. I hope it makes you feel better.

Hoped for a better result, expected a better performance. The condescending way you’ve put expect in capitals, as if I didn’t know what the word meant is unnecessary.

Truth hurts.

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scored a good goal v Aberdeen in the Quarters

Yes he slotted that one away after having roughly 20 seconds to realise where he was. 

Any person picking him from the start really needs their head checked. 

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Like this?

This was bizarre behaviour, pretty embarrassing , to be honest I thought he looked like he was very frustrated when he came on. 

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Maclean simply carried out the strategy which was disrupt play and waste time and to be fair that's pretty much what everybody else does against them them because at the end of the day there's little alternative. 

Did we not play them a couple of weeks ago?

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Amen

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

For those who appear not to have watched Hearts playing in weegie land against the bigot brothers, you have to face not only the opposition but also biased officials, hostile police, thousands of slavering bigots, a crappy  transport system, dodgy parking and a good number of homicidal maniacs.

Same as it ever was 😁😁

You know I don't think I have ever seen the sheer volume of ignorance about the realities of the professional game as I have on this forum. Pinned back by a superior team? Bring on the vacuous babble about 'having a go' and such stupidity which is in fact meaningless at the top level of the game no matter who is in charge of the team.

A recent classic example of that. Barcelona 7 - Celtic 0

Possession: Barcelona 72% - Celtic 28%

Shots: Barcelona 15 - Celtic 3

Celtic could barely get out of their own half but then they were manged by that loser Brendan Rodgers who had failed to have a look in here to get the genius info about having a go. Plus his team was littered with the likes of Dembele, Brown, Sinclair, and so on. You know. Players who just don't give enough.

The reality is when you're outclassed in every position on the pitch all this utter shite about having a go and not giving enough is absurd and that's exactly what happened to Hearts today and will happen to many others in Scotland facing the OF this season. In Scotland the OF are Barcelona in comparison to the rest.

Unless of course they drop by here to get the real gen on how to cope with it?

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

You know I don't think I have ever seen the sheer volume of ignorance about the realities of the professional game as I have on this forum. Pinned back by a superior team? Bring on the vacuous babble about 'having a go' and such stupidity which is in fact meaningless at the top level of the game no matter who is in charge of the team.

Celtic could barely get out of their own half but then they were manged by that loser Brendan Rodgers who had failed to have a look in here to get the genius info about having a go. Plus his team was littered with the likes of Dembele, Brown, Sinclair, and so on. You know. Players who just don't give enough.

The reality is when you're outclassed in every position on the pitch all this utter shite about having a go and not giving enough is absurd and that's exactly what happened to Hearts today and will happen to many others in Scotland facing the OF this season. In Scotland the OF are Barcelona in comparison to the rest.

Or Celtic Shat themselves.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Another meaningless diatribe. You should start a blog rather than post,

I could give countless actual examples of Scottish teams playing rangers and Celtic in Glasgow where half the side didn’t show up but won’t bother because you’ll just come back and tell us about a European game years ago as proof that there was nothing we could do other than lose. I don’t mind losing to better sides if we get our tactics right and the players give 100% but you are happy to ignore the fact we got our tactics wrong and some of the side didn’t turn up. It was no different to most of the games since the start of the season (most of those games were against sides who are not Scotland’s version of Barcelona}.

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Another meaningless diatribe. You should start a blog rather than post,

I could give countless actual examples of Scottish teams playing rangers and Celtic in Glasgow where half the side didn’t show up but won’t bother because you’ll just come back and tell us about a European game years ago as proof that there was nothing we could do other than lose. I don’t mind losing to better sides if we get our tactics right and the players give 100% but you are happy to ignore the fact we got our tactics wrong and some of the side didn’t turn up. It was no different to most of the games since the start of the season (most of those games were against sides who are not Scotland’s version of Barcelona}.

So now you're a tactical expert too. Tactical nous way beyond that of actual experts being highly paid for it yet still nothing but an internet blowhard spouting banal cliches.

And an advocate of why bother spending millions on better players because all you need to do is have an inferior side, tell them to 'turn up' and hey presto beat anybody. Baffles me how the OF are running away at the top of that league. Just 'turn up' and beat them.

Some people really are too stupid to comprehend their own stupidity.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So now you're a tactical expert too. Tactical nous way beyond that of actual experts being highly paid for it yet still nothing but an internet blowhard spouting banal cliches.

And an advocate of why bother spending millions on better players because all you need to do is have an inferior side, tell them to 'turn up' and hey presto beat anybody. Baffles me how the OF are running away at the top of that league. Just 'turn up' and beat them.

Some people really are too stupid to comprehend their own stupidity.

the new chief excuse maker has spoken eh?

there was zero difference between that performance yesterday to most of the other shocking performances we’ve had this season 

just so you know I never once said we should have beat them. Our performance was awful. Just dire. 

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

What happened when we drew 1-1 at Tynecastle? Blip in the matrix?

Surely to have a narrow setup on a big Hampden pitch versus them is only inviting a goal deficit. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/michael-smith-hearts-were-poor-against-rangers-and-lacked-bravery-people-need-grow-set-825441

@JFK-1 Looks like Michael Smith knows nothing about football either. Glad at least one of the players recognise just how unacceptable yesterday was.

Edited by GinRummy

It was said that levein wouldn't be attending the final because we didn't want his presence seen as being negative.  What's the difference between that and him being at riccarton everyday?  What do we gain from him still still coming to work at the club?  

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/michael-smith-hearts-were-poor-against-rangers-and-lacked-bravery-people-need-grow-set-825441

@JFK-1 Looks like Michael Smith knows nothing about football either. Glad at least one of the players recognise just how unacceptable yesterday was.

He is spot on.    Though it was clear that yesterday was unacceptable.   Not sure why a few folk are blinkered to it, or using the loser’s mentality of ‘We can’t be expected to beat Rangers’.   It might be true normally, but effort and belief would have been nice.   

For me, he should be our captain.  Our best player this season, and will play. It’s times than Naismith will.  

Seen alot of chat on kickback like "dont want stephen Robinson"...

question should be "why would he want to come to hearts" along with other names on shortlist.

15 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

First of all, it has to be said that we were very poor today and our defending was, at times, appalling - particularly for the first 2 goals.  We are also playing with a complete lack of confidence.  In truth, that is understandable given our form this season.

However, once again we have seen the fundamental problem with Scottish football writ large.  McLean gets booked in the first half for a challenge that did not appear from the pictures to involve any contact with the defender's face.  He then had to be substituted for his own good after playing on after the whistle and getting a completely unnecessary talking to from Beaton.  We then see a succession of challenges which are worse than McLean's and which result in only free kicks - especially Morelos and one by possibly Helander(?) in the first half.  In the second half Beaton decides to randomly book Naismith after a bunch of Sevco players start pushing and shoving after Naismith is fouled.  Finally, Defoe only gets a yellow card for an elbow in the face which really should have been red.

To cap it all, we also have a stonewall penalty not given after 76 minutes.  Now, I'm not suggesting that makes any difference to the final result, or even that we would have scored a penalty.  However, that is not the point.  2 goals down with 13/14 minutes left, we have a better chance than 3 goals down.

As I said at the beginning, we weren't good enough today.  However, all the little decisions (and some big ones) went the way of Sevco.  I foolishly thought that the demise of the Cheats of Govan might have changed Scottish football for the better.  It did not and I am resigned to the fact that it never will.  All I really have left is the hope that Sevco never manage to stop Celtic from winning titles and Cups and they eventually go bust again.  Of course that it pretty pointless too since the GFA will find a way to ensure that Scotland's shame can just start again.

Spot on, Rangers were the better team they deserved to win so to lay it at the ref's door would sound like sour grapes. That said there is no question in my mind that the penalty would have been given at the other end.  To my older eyes I thought the decision was correct given how 'soft' it was but given the rules make no distinction for that it should of been awarded.

14 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

Hearts are the experts at turning a potential attack into a defensive situation – Levein’s tactics. 

Sorry, guys and girls, that was awful today, one of the worst.  

This.  Rangers couched up the ball  plenty of times in midfield in positive positions for Hearts yet the first thought was to turn and play it back, instead of pausing lifting the head and looking for a pass into someone attacking, lol.

Rangers were average today, but that was more than enough for our shower!

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

ahh but ahh, it was really because Rangers were/are like prime Barcelona.  :vrface:

1 hour ago, Naisysback said:

You obviously don't watch the young players play and yet you are dismissing them as lower level players. In pre season McDonald was outstanding, remember the liquid football comment, all came through him, press said he was worth the entrance money...the managers comment, he needs to learn to defend...that is the problem. Levein wanted to setup to not lose, instead of win and that suffocates creative players.

The introduction of 30+ players, 95% of whom are average at best didn't help the young players in any way, it stifled them when they should have been playing and progressing. In the reserves McDonald must have scored in every game, and probably created most of the goals but that still wasn't enough for CL to put him into the team. Harry Cochrane had a great start to his career but the same thing has happened, a bucket load of players brought in that blocked his way to the team. Hickey is a decent player, not great and all this talk of millions in transfer money is pie in the sky. He has probably had 3 or 4 decent games, the rest....well pretty much like the rest of the team...average.

Look at Motherwell, brought in Hastie\Turnbull and stuck with them, had faith in their abilities and they have flourished...Hamilton\Aberdeen doing the same...

We have very very good young players but if the manager doesn't have the nerve to play them then they will go.

Yes, I don't disagree with the comments and all you say is partly the reasons, there are/were too many below average signings however, when they do get in the first team and look promising they start to fall away. But that's not just the case with youngsters, many players we've brought in start well and fall away to a level of mediocrity. The youngsters tend to look upto them, or at least should, but there's not a lot for them to be inspired by. Maybe it's purely down to coaching. I'm a fan of McDonald but it's been said that he's reached a level where his development has stagnated and is now being sent out on loan. Great for him if it helps his game, and Cochrane as well for that matter but you do wonder when plenty others in the last few years have went out on loan, came back and are not what's expected. Zanatta was at Hearts five years. Morrison for example, for me he has pace but gets to a crossing position, turns back in on himself and passes backwards or sideways. Again, maybe down to the way they are being coached but for a winger, he can't cross a ball or isn't confident enough to get it into the box the way a winger should. I look back on Billy King, was far better at crossing and look at him now, no idea where he is since he was released from Dundee Utd. I just hope that all our young players do go on to become and integral part of the team. The whole idea of youth teams is to make the club money on transfers and if we're not getting big money for them then the coaching/development side of things needs to be looked at. As for your other points regarding Motherwell/Hamilton etc. yes, they do really well with young players. Motherwell also lose a few players every season and have to rebuild, and they do. That's down to good scouting and style they're coached.

We need to look at the coaching from youth players right up to the first team regulars. There's something lacking and has been since 2016.