Odds on next manager

DB-14

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

3/4 games is not that abnormal tbh. 

Again, looking at the Stendel Barnsley Contract situation, it Likley explains the delay. 

I understand that. It’ll be worth the wait if we get the right guy. I just think our club had a long time to prepare for this and there seems to have been a distinct lack of forward planning. As I’ve said before, I think Ann had no intention of getting rid of Craig ‘till very late in the day. Again, this shows poor planning.

The ideal situation is the right guy in a few days after Levein had gone. I get that’s not always possible but we simply never gave ourselves the opportunity to do that.

All just my interpretation of course.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You would rather take the first available option than wait and get the best option? No offence, but that's what you, and plenty others, seem to be saying.

No. I’d have said that if that’s what I meant.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's a slaver carpet bombing right there. 

I’m having a laugh chill out gadgy, relax, don’t get your knickers in a twist.

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I understand that. It’ll be worth the wait if we get the right guy. I just think our club had a long time to prepare for this and there seems to have been a distinct lack of forward planning. As I’ve said before, I think Ann had no intention of getting rid of Craig ‘till very late in the day. Again, this shows poor planning.

The ideal situation is the right guy in a few days after Levein had gone. I get that’s not always possible but we simply never gave ourselves the opportunity to do that.

The big flaw was obviously the structure at the time. Ann could hardly ask her DOF to go look for a new manager, when the current manager was also the DOF. That's something that won't be repeated anytime soon, but it put her in a very difficult position. Albeit, a position of her own making, and perhaps that's why she's taking a bit longer to make sure she makes the right decision this time, though nothing is guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

You’d be absolutely amazed if that happened. 

I know mate, just not surprised at what comes out of Tynecastle now. 

3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

The big flaw was obviously the structure at the time. Ann could hardly ask her DOF to go look for a new manager, when the current manager was also the DOF. That's something that won't be repeated anytime soon, but it put her in a very difficult position. Albeit, a position of her own making, and perhaps that's why she's taking a bit longer to make sure she makes the right decision this time, though nothing is guaranteed. 

Yeah, I agree. Just saying it’s not the ideal situation to be in. It is what it is though. The end, hopefully, not far away.

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

unless you are the likes of Chelsea and can pay any amount for who you want, you can’t exactly identify the right candidate months ahead and sign them the day you bin the current manager. 

you cast the net wide, see what’s available at the time and pursue the preferred option. In this case, it appears the preferred option could not be done quickly. So you stick to your convictions or pant wet. Ann appears to be sticking to her convictions and kept going for the best option. Nothing other than professional and business like as she has been In the vast majority of dealing to rebuild this club. 

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hey man - you shoulda ended your post with your usual trademark keyboard thrashing ranting personal abuse of other posters, sure you're feeling OK?:biggrin2:

Despite the usual incredulous statements this board is relatively free from idiotic comments at the mo.

Nobody is raising my irritation levels where I feel the need to say something in a way that would “see me get my puss slapped if I said it in a pub” 

Edited by Jammy T

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, I agree. Just saying it’s not the ideal situation to be in. It is what it is though. The end, hopefully, not far away.

Certainly not the ideal situation. Big day on Monday, though, hopefully. Fingers crossed etc.

Just now, Sid said:

unless you are the likes of Chelsea and can pay any amount for who you want, you can’t exactly identify the right candidate months ahead and sign them the day you bin the current manager. 

you cast the net wide, see what’s available at the time and pursue the preferred option. In this case, it appears the preferred option could not be done quickly. So you stick to your convictions or pant wet. Ann appears to be sticking to her convictions and kept going for the best option. Nothing other than professional and business like as she has been In the vast majority of dealing to rebuild this club. 

If she had known Levein was getting the boot she could’ve seen who was available 4-6 weeks before she sacked him.

Sacked Thursday morning and new guy the following week.

She supported him too long and wouldn’t go behind his back chasing a new manager. Good for her conscience, good for levein but any period of uncertainty is bad for the club.

7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Ann will have to get in touch with Mitch41 Recruitmet if this Stendel situation is not resolved. My Agency will do all the work needed to find a manager of the highest quality and experience to manage this great club. 
My company has contacts with the Scottish over 65’s National Walking Football League and the West Lothian Schools Football Association where the standard of Football Management/ Coaching is the envy of the world.

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Ann will have to get in touch with Mitch41 Recruitmet if this Stendel situation is not resolved. My Agency will do all the work needed to find a manager of the highest quality and experience to manage this great club. 
My company has contacts with the Scottish over 65’s National Walking Football League and the West Lothian Schools Football Association where the standard of Football Management/ Coaching is the envy of the world.

I'm on the phone to John Hughes as we speak. haha

8 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm on the phone to John Hughes as we speak. haha

Shree-way call with an interpreter?

Coburg Hearts
16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A video call with sub-titles was the only way. Anyway, I told him to **** off, though I doubt he knew what the **** stood for. haha

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Ann will of ordered a thorough background check on Stendel, including medical records, political affiliations, private relationships, family, friends, education, credit check ect you know just the usual checks that take 4 to 6 weeks Oh she might even want to find out if he’s any good as a football manager I forgot about that.

She’s got you so no need. Does he meet with your approval?

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Despite the usual incredulous statements this board is relatively free from idiotic comments at the mo.

Nobody is raising my irritation levels where I feel the need to say something in a way that would “see me get my puss slapped if I said it in a pub” 

Good to see you keeping it civil 👍🏻

Every day I check these threads hoping for a cheeky wee update on the search for a new manager and every day find a bunch of 2 year olds screaming “are we there yet”?

As if that wasn’t bad enough you know, when we do get there most of em will still be moaning about it being shite and saying we should have gone somewhere else

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The plan was good. 

I'd rather go for Stendel than just go for the easiest option. 

You may think different. 

I agree but if we end up with someone shan after it then it definitely wasn't a good plan.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Ann will of ordered a thorough background check on Stendel, including medical records, political affiliations, private relationships, family, friends, education, credit check ect you know just the usual checks that take 4 to 6 weeks Oh she might even want to find out if he’s any good as a football manager I forgot about that.

Would you have preferred just to keep CL so avoiding this damned wait?

Actually Mitch that was a rhetorical question.

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You would rather take the first available option than wait and get the best option? No offence, but that's what you, and plenty others, seem to be saying.

I think it's fine to go after your number 1 target, but every business I can think of, including football, has a cut off point. I would suggest that Monday should be that day or this willl have descended into the realms of farce.

Hopefully it's Stendel and hopefully the Hearts support remember this is fhe start of a new plan and he is not responsible for all the crap that's gone before.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

3/4 games is not that abnormal tbh. 

Again, looking at the Stendel Barnsley Contract situation, it Likley explains the delay. 

I don't think any current delay will be due to contractual stuff now. If he is coming then the current delay will be his or AB's preference to be announced after the Rangers game. Monday it will be time for them to either shit or get off the pot.

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

I think it's fine to go after your number 1 target, but every business I can think of, including football, has a cut off point. I would suggest that Monday should be that day or this willl have descended into the realms of farce.

Hopefully it's Stendel and hopefully the Hearts support remember this is fhe start of a new plan and he is not responsible for all the crap that's gone before.

Not being facetious, but if Stendel says he can't sign till Tuesday, we tell him to bolt?* We don't know if their is a hold up, and if there has been one, what was the cause. 

My gut feeling is he has signed up.

* I know in some situations you need to have a cut off point, but I don't think we are at that stage....yet.

24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Every day I check these threads hoping for a cheeky wee update on the search for a new manager and every day find a bunch of 2 year olds screaming “are we there yet”?

As if that wasn’t bad enough you know, when we do get there most of em will still be moaning about it being shite and saying we should have gone somewhere else

I see that slavering idiot Miller is banging on about great Hibs were in signing Dross in a week while we have done nothing. Conveniently forgetting that Dross was Hibs third choice. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If appointed Hughes will work closely with Angus Beef to improve the academy product.

9 minutes ago, Prof said:

I see that slavering idiot Miller is banging on about great Hibs were in signing Dross in a week while we have done nothing. Conveniently forgetting that Dross was Hibs third choice. 

Who were the two others?

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

If appointed Hughes will work closely with Angus Beef to improve the academy product.

Dale Carrot - head of nutrition. 

24 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Not being facetious, but if Stendel says he can't sign till Tuesday, we tell him to bolt?* We don't know if their is a hold up, and if there has been one, what was the cause. 

My gut feeling is he has signed up.

* I know in some situations you need to have a cut off point, but I don't think we are at that stage....yet.

Well maybe it's contractual but you're saying Tuesday, I think the chase for Stendel has been going on for two or three weeks. His agent was sounded out a while ago, certainly before his contract sorted out re Barnsley. 

Hopefully Monday, if not then yes, I would pull the plug. As astonishing as this may seem there are other managers available throughout Europe and the UK, other teams get new managers all the time, and Stendel certainly isn't good enough to guarantee success.. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

She’s got you so no need. Does he meet with your approval?

Well he wasn’t my first choice but he’s got to be better than Cathro,Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox McCall, McCann and the other lot she short listed and interviewed. To tell you the truth I’ve been really disappointed with the standard of applicants that have been mentioned.

52 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Would you have preferred just to keep CL so avoiding this damned wait?

Actually Mitch that was a rhetorical question.

Does that mean I don’t answer it ?

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Does that mean I don’t answer it ?

Eh.  I think you've suddenly just become a little more patient if faced with that alternative.

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Who were the two others?

John Kennedy was one of them and mentioned a lot in the press. He made it pretty clear he wasn't interested in talking to them though. I've no idea who the other one was. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

John Kennedy was one of them and mentioned a lot in the press. He made it pretty clear he wasn't interested in talking to them though. I've no idea who the other one was. 

Yeah, remember him being discussed. 

54 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Was Darren Feltcher not asked first, but KBd them immediately?

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You never mentioned a CRB check. Maybe Ann is checking his Football Manager 2019 record.  

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

You never mentioned a CRB check. Maybe Ann is checking his Football Manager 2019 record.  

CRB check, oh aye. It’s probably the German authorities who are holding things up.

Let’s blame them rather than Ann for a change. 😎

Stendal now 1/6 as of 2300 on Bet Victor. 

However, option to bet on Next Hearts Manager disappeared from SkyBet..previously having been 1/10

🤔

Edited by MattyK82