Odds on next manager

DB-14

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The more I've thought about this, the more U turns I've had.  My expressed view that she will wait to see how MacPhee performs I now think is completely wrong.

First reason is, that's what she did with levein and look how that turned out.  More importantly, she promised a high-profile appointment and he is not that.  With respect to him  neither is Stendel.  I had never heard of him.

Thinking now that the latest odds are probably right and it will be Warnock.

MacPhee may be offered the other role.

You also didn’t know who Stephen Dobbie and Lawrence Shankland were ...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

For a slice of perspective, Cardiff have appointed Neil Harris who has spent the last four years at Millwall. They’re an English Championship club who have had two decent EPL stints. Who the **** are you expecting Hearts to appoint?

I’d rather just give it to Austin over someone like Stuart McCall.  I’d have Austin above most of the rumoured “candidates” certainly over those who have supposedly been interviewed to date

Warnock has always been a journey man and at 70 i can't see him fulfilling a 3 year deal. I want a mananger in for the long haul, no just a quick fix, someone who can stabilise us for a number of years. As good as i rate Warnock at 70 , i just can't see him being here longer than 1-2 years 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Warnock has always been a journey man and at 70 i can't see him fulfilling a 3 year deal. I want a mananger in for the long haul, no just a quick fix, someone who can stabilise us for a number of years. As good as i rate Warnock at 70 , i just can't see him being here longer than 1-2 years 

I wonder if a rolling contract type deal others have had would work with him. Give him until the end of the season to have a crack at Scottish football and see how we both like it. Could work for all parties if he gets us to a better place on the pitch.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d rather just give it to Austin over someone like Stuart McCall.  I’d have Austin above most of the rumoured “candidates” certainly over those who have supposedly been interviewed to date

I would as well, at least to the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

The long term going nowhere manager has just been sacked! If we get a Stendel / Freedman type with English Championship experience they will be head hunted for jobs down south at the first sign of success. Look at Neilson.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The long term going nowhere manager has just been sacked! If we get a Stendel / Freedman type with English Championship experience they will be head hunted for jobs down south at the first sign of success. Look at Neilson.

That's true at our level, and applies to players we sign too, but we can't not appoint someone in case they turn out to be good!

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

McCall is probably bottom of my list just now. Would be interested to see how MacPhee or McCann would get on. Would rather have a Freedman, Cotterill, Warnock or Stendel.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That's true at our level, and applies to players we sign too, but we can't not appoint someone in case they turn out to be good!

I was only responding to the idea that Warnock wouldn’t be long term. Stendel wouldn’t either. Come in and qualify for the  Europa League or win a Cup and he’d be off!

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You also didn’t know who Stephen Dobbie and Lawrence Shankland were ...

I still don't know who Stephen Dobbie is.  I may have once but only fleetingly.  😂😂😂

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I was only responding to the idea that Warnock wouldn’t be long term. Stendel wouldn’t either. Come in and qualify for the  Europa League or win a Cup and he’d be off!

Ah right. Yeah, anyone who does well is likely to be off. That's partly why I like ex-Hearts appointments. There's more chance of them showing a little more loyalty, even if they do well. Wegot JJ, Levein (first time) and probably others for longer because of their Hearts connection IMO. If Neilson hadn't been Hearts, he could easily have left at the end of his first or second season, like Stubbs did after one bit of success.

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I still don't know who Stephen Dobbie is.  I may have once but only fleetingly.  😂😂😂

Well that’s the issue with the phrase ‘high profile’ right there!

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well that’s the issue with the phrase ‘high profile’ right there!

Too subtle.  Are you saying this guy Dobbie is high profile.  Like Warnock for example?  Or Messi.

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So we recruit again, this time from a stronger position, and we move on. 

As Torque says, we cant be afraid to appoint someone in case they are succesful and attract the attention of bigger clubs. 

And there are no Hearts-minded candidates out there who are decent tbh

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Too subtle.  Are you saying this guy Dobbie is high profile.  Like Warnock for example?  Or Messi.

Stephen Dobbie is fairly high profile in Scottish football.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

When did Ms Budge tell you this? Serious question.

Common sense tells me . 

The only people mentioning the guys name are a handful of fantasists on here perpetuating the mirh he's the second coming of Jose . 

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Apparently he has handed in his CV according to a poster on here (can't remember who). 

I honesty wouldn’t believe everything you read on here.

Arthur Morgan
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

That's why I said apparently. Don't have a clue if he has or not. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think we should get somebody so average that he will stay with us for 10 years at least and never do well enough to have another team interested him.

Finishing 4th and 5th each year should do that - performing just below our resources potential.

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

That’s the only worthwhile information on this entire thread.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

That's why I said apparently. Don't have a clue if he has or not. 

If you have no idea if he’s applied.....how do you have a feeling he isn’t being considered based on a post on here ?

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think we should get somebody so average that he will stay with us for 10 years at least and never do well enough to have another team interested him.

Finishing 4th and 5th each year should do that - performing just below our resources potential.

Levein?

Could it be something like Warnock as some kind of SD role with a loose arrangement of McPhee for next say 6-8 weeks to see how he goes and giving Warnock time to assess situation? 

If McPhee is an unlikely success then maybe stick with him. If not it's given the board time . 

Was it not stated that the club wanted a SD in first?

Utter guesswork obviously .   

Arthur Morgan
Just now, DH1986 said:

If you have no idea if he’s applied.....how do you have a feeling he isn’t being considered based on a post on here ?

I'm guessing if he has applied, he wouldn't be considered anyway. 

Walter Bishop
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Given your track record of talking absolute ****in dung, I think it’s a fairly safe bet to assume Hearts haven’t been in contact with Mark Hughes.

Capiche?

Example? 

Surely the point of a forum is to pass on any info you may hear thats relevant to the club? 

And pretty sure I posted middle of week Jack Ross had been introduced to Hibs staff 2 days before they made any announcement despite someone saying he hadn't and was holding out for a job down south. 👍

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Based on the fact that we are looking for an experienced and high profile manager.

I think Ann Budge will be regretting using that phrase.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

undoubtedly. Unless we pull a rabbit out the hat, she is going to take a bit of criticism I think.  

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

undoubtedly. Unless we pull a rabbit out the hat, she is going to take a bit of criticism I think.  

Is that a hint that the new boss' first name is Roger?

Coburg Hearts
38 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Common sense tells me . 

The only people mentioning the guys name are a handful of fantasists on here perpetuating the mirh he's the second coming of Jose . 

Seeing as you called the winner of the big fight I'm believing you. 😉

The Old Tolbooth
22 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Robinson or Warnock and I’ll be delighted 👍🏻

Blimey, talk about a huge gulf in class, I can't get my head around that statement 

52 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah, I think she just trying to say that it won't be anyone like Fox, Daly or Kirk without wanting to slag them off.

7 hours ago, David McCaig said:

He got an unfancied side promoted to the Premier League just 18 months ago.

Pivotal to his success was making the absolute most out of the enigma that is Callum Paterson.

In the intervening period since leaving United, he also won the Championship with QPR in 2011.  

The one criticism that can be levelled at him is that the EPL has always proved a step too far, but at Football League level his record is phenomenal.

Doesn't really seem to get backing with investment with the clubs he gets promoted though.

Walter Bishop

Really hope Robinson doesnt get it.There's enough decent candidates out of work without going down the route of ploughing cash into another team for their manager.£120K could be used in January for new man to boost squad.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Really hope Robinson doesnt get it.There's enough decent candidates out of work without going down the route of ploughing cash into another team for their manager.£120K could be used in January for new man to boost squad.

Agreed. You could get half a Craig Wighton for that kinda money!

Leveins Battalion

Hopefully announce Robinson this week!!!

Young,upcoming manager,the rest of the ‘alleged’ candidates are utter dross.

LarrysRightFoot

The Daily Record are reporting Austin will definitely be in charge for the Killie game. They also say he will have an interview sometime after and could be in charge for a further 8 games.

Now it is the Daily Record but it terms of the betting - the bookies pay out after 10 games in charge. If you can get a good price it may be worth a flutter 

Also I see Gerhard Struber is favourite for the Barnsley job. I know very little about him or his record but he has previously been a coach at RB Salzburg. So his philosophy is potentially all out attacking football.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot