• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Interviews are only at warm-up stage. More planned for next week and then final short lists week after that. Wins at Rugby Park and Ibrox could move Austin up the list but still not enough I’d think. 

Yeah

Warming up with the B list

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

My source ?

The source you took the odds from? Unless they were just off the top of your head. 

54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Neil is more realistic than that. He's approaching two years at Preston and you assume will be sacked if they don't go up this year, because that's what life is for managers in that league right now. It's dog eat dog. He might see that in his future and not fancy that merry go round of jobs even if the money is great.

The Hearts job is a chance to get your feet under the table at a more secure club with decent to good chance of European football or a cup run or even cup win. We could be a better stepping stone than a Championship club, to the Scotland job for example. Or if he does well he'd walk back into a Championship job again if he wanted. There's also always the chance that someone of a decent calibre just wants to work back in Scotland again, eg Steven Naismith. The sticking point is obviously he is in a job and doing well though, but that can change in a few months down there as he will know.

He will be earning £1m per annum in his current job. He has three guys in his backroom team. Assume they earn another £0.5m between them and that’s conservative. That’s £2m pa once NI, pension, insurance is added in. Where do we get the money from? I’d love him at tynie but we won’t get him for at least another 10 years. With the jobs he has done for small clubs at Norwich and Preston clubs will be queuing up for him when he leaves Preston 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

The source you took the odds from? Unless they were just off the top of your head. 

Stop being a tit

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

@Icon of Symmetry the waters are telling me Cotterill but their accent means I might be picking it up wrong....see if they tell you something different

If Stendel and Jones are not interested then,for me, Cotterill and Freedman are favourites from the names the media are spouting. 

Maroon Sailor

This is Cotterill's press conference when he got the Bristol City job. Interesting that he mentions stability........ It's actually worth a listen and see similarities to what his remit at Hearts would be

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Warming up with the B list

This. Given they’re a sensible board the majority of the time-it makes sense they’re having a few warm up interviews to practice negotiation questions/responses etc. I think this is only the 2nd time we’ve looked outside for a new manager without headhunting so they’ll want to get into the swing of things. Next week the big guns will come in.💪🏼

Fly the Saltire

If choice between Cotterill and Austin McPhee I would go for McPhee every time as he is a much safer and cheaper option who deserves a chance at managerial level.  Cotterill is a huge gamble and record not that great

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

If John Terry wants the job then it’s his is what I’ve heard.

oh join the list of slavers.

6 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

If choice between Cotterill and Austin McPhee I would go for McPhee every time as he is a much safer and cheaper option who deserves a chance at managerial level.  Cotterill is a huge gamble and record not that great

Cotterill is far more proven than McPhee 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sounds like a depressive guy. We need an enthusiastic rocket not a damp squib. Next.

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

JTs, JTs has a ring to it. :kirk:

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

I'd rather have Neil McCann than the likes of someone sleekit like Cotterill.

I'm not into getting personal

But the way McCann left us for Rangers and the Old Firm game being the best day of his life makes McCann IMO just as sneeky and disloyal in fact maybe even more so

As an Englishman I don't see why Cotterill would be desperate to manage one of the Old Firm

Edited by rudi must stay

Having read a bit more about Steve Cotterill and know him from his time a !orest. Could be what we are after. Is attacking minded and well thought of down south. Maybe picked to many basket cases of club! My Forest being one of them!

2 things I'd like to know.

1. Who is present on behalf of Hearts at the interviews.

2. Is keeping Levein's staff a requirement to getting the managers job.

Answers on the back of a fag packet will do.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

2 things I'd like to know.

1. Who is present on behalf of Hearts at the interviews.

2. Is keeping Levein's staff a requirement to getting the managers job.

Answers on the back of a fag packet will do.

1.Ann Budge and the board of directors 

2.course not

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

But the way McCanb left us for Rangers and the Old Firm game being the best day of his life makes McCann IMO just as sneeky and disloyal in fact maybe even more so

As an Englishman I don't see why Cotterill would be desperate to manage one of the Old Firm

McCann showed the hearts fans respect in his 1st game back at Tynie after he moved to rangers. He was a sub and warmed up beside the Gorgie stand instead of the roseburn. 

Hes ok in my book

39 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Aye right 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

McCann showed the hearts fans respect in his 1st game back at Tynie after he moved to rangers. He was a sub and warmed up beside the Gorgie stand instead of the roseburn. 

Hes ok in my book

I wasn't much of a fan back then (I was 8), but he bought into the Old Firm media too much for me. Never thanked Hearts for making him and he could have done that easily. He is an Old Firm symopthiser IMO and I wouldn't be delighted if he was appointed but I would ofcourse wish him well 

Walter Bishop
39 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I like the thinking behind this but he is too inexperienced and I dont think he has fully finished his coaching badges.

Graham Thomson
55 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

My Money was on JT from the word go!👍👌

Those interviews put me right off cotterill. Doesn't seem like a strong or inspiring character. Quite the opposite infact, comes over a bit wet. Reminds me of heckingbottom.

19 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I like the thinking behind this but he is too inexperienced and I dont think he has fully finished his coaching badges.

Currently got his uefa A license after being fast tracked by English fa

Working towards his pro.

Anyone know what the regulations are in spfl?

I think he might be fine as can manage up to championship level England just not EPL

https://tribuna.com/en/chelsea/news/3491239/

39 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Having read a bit more about Steve Cotterill and know him from his time a !orest. Could be what we are after. Is attacking minded and well thought of down south. Maybe picked to many basket cases of club! My Forest being one of them!

Hey Tree-Man - great words! 🦊 

If it is to be anyone associated with Hearts, it can only be MacPhee imo.  With the shackles off he now has the chance to prove himself.

I expect the players will play out of their skin for him against Killie and in subsequent games if no appointment is made in the interim.

If this scenario unfolds, I would be happy to give him an 18 month contract to prove himself.  He has the advantage that very good players whom he knows well will be returning in the very near future.

I wonder if AB is taking advice from Berra and Naismith in this regard.  I strongly suspect that she will be in no hurry and will want to see how Macphee goes over the next few games but as usual, I could be miles of the mark.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think Cotterill is going to be the man.

Judging by his time as a guest on football shows he seems the type of guy that would impress at interviews.

Hecky apparently impressed at his interview , that went well . 
Cotterhill , not for me thanks 

33 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Those interviews put me right off cotterill. Doesn't seem like a strong or inspiring character. Quite the opposite infact, comes over a bit wet. Reminds me of heckingbottom.

I agree with this.

48 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Re previous post, there is also the possibility that MacPhee already has a one way bus ticket to Stoke.

Fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I wasn't much of a fan back then (I was 8), but he bought into the Old Firm media too much for me. Never thanked Hearts for making him and he could have done that easily. He is an Old Firm symopthiser IMO and I wouldn't be delighted if he was appointed but I would ofcourse wish him well 

But Hearts didn’t make him. Dundee did. And he played for them, for free, in their hour of need after he’d retired. Why wouldn’t that old firm game be the best of his life? He scored two goals in the match that won them the title. 

You’re not much of a fan now either although you do write like an 8 year old. 

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Neil is more realistic than that. He's approaching two years at Preston and you assume will be sacked if they don't go up this year, because that's what life is for managers in that league right now. It's dog eat dog. He might see that in his future and not fancy that merry go round of jobs even if the money is great.

The Hearts job is a chance to get your feet under the table at a more secure club with decent to good chance of European football or a cup run or even cup win. We could be a better stepping stone than a Championship club, to the Scotland job for example. Or if he does well he'd walk back into a Championship job again if he wanted. There's also always the chance that someone of a decent calibre just wants to work back in Scotland again, eg Steven Naismith. The sticking point is obviously he is in a job and doing well though, but that can change in a few months down there as he will know.

You have to be joking. He’s been at Preston nearly two and a half years. He’s built a team that have a great chance of playing Premiership football next season. He’s extremely well thought of at the club - so much so that they waived away millions in compensation when West Bromwich came after him.

And you seriously think he’ll go “this is the right moment for me to get my feet under the table at Hearts - just in case I’m sacked soon” 😀😀😀

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

But the way McCann left us for Rangers and the Old Firm game being the best day of his life makes McCann IMO just as sneeky and disloyal in fact maybe even more so

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/neil-mccann-never-left-hearts-16439442.amp

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Hearts job is a chance to get your feet under the table at a more secure club with decent to good chance of European football or a cup run or even cup win. We could be a better stepping stone than a Championship club, to the Scotland job for example. Or if he does well he'd walk back into a Championship job again if he wanted. There's also always the chance that someone of a decent calibre just wants to work back in Scotland again, eg Steven Naismith. The sticking point is obviously he is in a job and doing well though, but that can change in a few months down there as he will 

Not a hope in hell that Alex Neil will be the next Hearts manager.