Odds on next manager

DB-14

4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Stab in the dark or suggesting something ??

A pure and unadulterated stab in the dark. 100%.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Budge said herself she will give it until the end of this week to get CV's in. I'd imagine they'll sift through them this weekend and have an idea of the names they're interested in. I'd imagine we'll get in touch with the ones we're keen on next week. Maybe be in place by next weekend, or the following week, depending on whether we need to negotiate releases.

They can take as long as they want, providing we get the best guy in.

Don't want another "we looked at the attributes we were looking for and realised we had the perfect candidate right under our noses - austin mcphee!" 😫

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Did you go to the games when neilson was in charge? If you did, I dont understand why you'd want him back. Apart from the championship season, it was boring to watch. 

Saw almost all home games and more than a few away. I didn't find his football boring in the slightest. Picking up points as often as he did and putting out teams that scored as many goals as he did and keeping us in the top 3 of each league he was in each season for the entire time he was with us is the very opposite of boring for me.

In fact, were we ever outside the top 3 at any time in his whole time with us, even at the start of a season? He had us at the top end of the league every year, which is what we want from a Hearts manager. Good football comes later, after you establish yourselves. Good football AND winning football is very rare, and any manager who does that with us won't be with us long. As a rookie he did brilliantly and I'm sure we would have improved and got better in the cups - his one weak point although he did get Celtic early in draws a couple of times - under him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Breathtaking levels of nonsense being posted on this thread, even for JKB. That’s what we love about this place, always striving to take it to the next level!

34 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I said this at the time & was shot down for it. If we had been more proactive we could’ve had a new manager in place for tomorrow’s game, which would have got everyone back feeling positive & potentially sold more tickets. Instead we’re sitting on our hands waiting for something to happen. The lack of urgency is a concern. It shouldn’t take any potentially candidates a week to apply 

We should have been looking for a manager  at least 3 weeks ago ! Budge didnt just realise she was firing    levein a week or so ago surely ?? So bloody amateur if her and the board didnt ........

35 minutes ago, pointon said:

Not trying to stir it just concerned that we will not move forward after this requirement process 

I take it you mean recruitment process??

It might be an idea to temper your concern until the process is actually finished, then your view might merit some consideration.

The Future's Maroon
13 minutes ago, pointon said:

I think I was pretty clear with my post what I was referring too, I will not be stupid enough to go with what bookies or red top rags print and will wait and see who is appointed....then, if I’m not happy I will air my displeasure.

As many have said on this thread the bookies odds are a load of keek, there will have been work going on behind the scenes which we are not aware of.

It’s not great not knowing what is actually going on and a pain in the arse having to wait to see who we get, not many clubs appoint a new manager within a week of removing another.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. A bit literal, lad. 

Take any job or profession then. 

I also said own business. 

Taking it a step back

Ask a fish to climb a tree and it can't do it. 

Use that old chestnut if you get overly excited about the plumbing comparison. 

Point still stands, if he's doing a good job elsewhere in the business , be silly to remove him, especially right now. 

I hope our New Sporting Director is not a fish.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I hope our New Sporting Director is not a fish.

heart-of-midlothian-v-birkirkara-fc-uefa-europa-league-second-qualifying-round-second-leg-tynecastle-stadium-2-310x415.jpg

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, farin said:

The new gaffer will prob want his own back room team in, with that in mind if there’s no place for MacPhee in that set up budge would need to find another position for him somewhere else within the club..

He could be Levein’s assistant.

7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I think I was pretty clear with my post what I was referring too, I will not be stupid enough to go with what bookies or red top rags print and will wait and see who is appointed....then, if I’m not happy I will air my displeasure.

As many have said on this thread the bookies odds are a load of keek, there will have been work going on behind the scenes which we are not aware of.

It’s not great not knowing what is actually going on and a pain in the arse having to wait to see who we get, not many clubs appoint a new manager within a week of removing another.

Here’s hoping we get it right this time i think a few of us are a bit wary after the last time 

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I take it you mean recruitment process??

It might be an idea to temper your concern until the process is actually finished, then your view might merit some consideration.

Cheers san👍

25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I think it will be Robbo.

Wouldnt surprise me if McPhee is the new SD and Robbo the new manager . 

Will be the end of me and many backing Ann if this comes to pass . The whole footballing set up stinks of the Old Pals act 

I'm starting to get a horrible feeling re these two appointments. 

2 hours ago, pointon said:

Any one else beginning to feel this managerial appointment is turning in to ground hog day

Nope.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, farin said:

Putting out the cones or tea boy ? 😊

Cones would probably be the easiest.

To many tea blends so would be harder.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I tell you what I found like Groundhog Day, reading your consistent negativity/trolling posts. Not one of the above posts was even replying to anyone, just persistent negative comments.

To me, and I may be wrong which if I am I will apologise, you are simply at it and trying to stir it...and not just today, the last few days. 

Please give it a rest, or at least engage in the discussion, countless negative random digs is becoming very tiresome to read. 

One of the biggest trolls on here

Dusk_Till_Dawn
52 minutes ago, Jodami said:

She openly admitted that she gave Levein the first quarter of the season to see if he could turn it around. As it was glaringly obvious that it wasn't working then there should have been some kind of succession planning kicking in. It's very easy to use third parties to sound out potential candidates without getting your hands dirty. Let's be honest it has been obvious for months going back to last season that he would be sacked. 

I hope that they are sitting there with the proverbial rabbit just waiting for the right moment to pull it out of the hat but after the post Cathro recruitment shambles it's understandable that many of us are doubtful. Fingers crossed because if they appoint MacPhee as manager many people are going to be understandably disappointed and angry. 

McPhee wouldn’t even get a single game from me. I’d boo him for the outset

GorgieFifeLife
48 minutes ago, farin said:

The new gaffer will prob want his own back room team in, with that in mind if there’s no place for MacPhee in that set up budge would need to find another position for him somewhere else within the club..

Yes I agree. I believe that is what will happen.

1 hour ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Is that the same Robbie Neilson that won the hardest Championship there has ever been with a record points total and with +70 goal diff and then finished 3rd with more wins in the season in the last 20 years par 2 and with more goals in a top flight season in the last 20 years par 2?

If he had stayed for another two seasons and had the funds others got we would have been in a far far better place.

Yes him.

The style wasnt easy on the eye at all. The results were enough but how we got there after his 1st season wasnt one which was edge of the seat stuff.

Supposition & conjecture how it would have panned out...good guy Robbie, but he is a defensive minded coach, Mr Magoo can see that, and personally I want to see my team entertain and attack....Robbie has evidenced after the championship season this is his mindset unfortunately....

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, bn jambo said:

Who's to say we have not approached people? We may accept applications but that doesn't stop us approaching someone. 

People are getting their knickers in a twist as nobody has been announced yet, I'd rather we got it right rather than jump in two footed for a quick fix.

It's incredible that some can't work that out for themselves.

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Robbie had is playing fantastic attacking football in the championship. Changed style in the spfl. I blame levein for that 🤪

It WAS attacking for sure but perhaps due to the quality of our squad in relation to the rest? Not sure who or want I blame for the change round in the latter part of Robbies tenancy. Slow ponderous play seeing us playing 4 passes when one would do,  and one helluva lot of tinkering, are my memories, apart from the money spinning replay comments

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, pointon said:

Any one else beginning to feel this managerial appointment is turning in to ground hog day

No.

39 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yes I agree. I believe that is what will happen.

Got a feeling he will be our new SD which is even more ridiculous than making him manager. 

17 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Yes him.

The style wasnt easy on the eye at all. The results were enough but how we got there after his 1st season wasnt one which was edge of the seat stuff.

Supposition & conjecture how it would have panned out...good guy Robbie, but he is a defensive minded coach, Mr Magoo can see that, and personally I want to see my team entertain and attack....Robbie has evidenced after the championship season this is his mindset unfortunately....

After what's been served up since he left I dont care how we play, as long as we win.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

That the same Jack Ross who had a documentary crew following him around all last season at Sunderland? The documentary that will soon be released?

:rofl: 

12 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Robbie had is playing fantastic attacking football in the championship. Changed style in the spfl. I blame levein for that 🤪

Certainly not got UTD playing attacking, or any sort of, football tonight. Awful. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I tell you what I found like Groundhog Day, reading your consistent negativity/trolling posts. Not one of the above posts was even replying to anyone, just persistent negative comments.

To me, and I may be wrong which if I am I will apologise, you are simply at it and trying to stir it...and not just today, the last few days. 

Please give it a rest, or at least engage in the discussion, countless negative random digs is becoming very tiresome to read. 

Cheers, I'm glad someone had the patience to do this. Reading Pointon's "posts" is indeed like Groundhog day.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. A bit literal, lad. 

Take any job or profession then. 

I also said own business. 

Taking it a step back

Ask a fish to climb a tree and it can't do it. 

Use that old chestnut if you get overly excited about the plumbing comparison. 

Point still stands, if he's doing a good job elsewhere in the business , be silly to remove him, especially right now. 

I’m afraid you are only right about the fish. These chestnut trees are hard to climb, I know I’ve tried.   :jj:

If there was a poll how many Hearts fans are 

1. Confident Ann Budge will make a good appointment for the new Hearts manager.

2. Not confident.

3. Don’t Know.

Me ?  I just worry.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

How some can survive the time leading up to Christmas without knowing what's in their stocking is a mystery.

Hackney Hearts
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

2. Not confident.

3. Don’t Know.

Me ?  I just worry.

What is abundantly clear from JKB is that whoever she appoints will not please everyone.

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I believe there is very little chance that Austin will leave the club.  He is very highly regarded by Ann Budge.

Off to Stoke maybe?

The Future's Maroon
25 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Cheers, I'm glad someone had the patience to do this. Reading Pointon's "posts" is indeed like Groundhog day.

11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

How some can survive the time leading up to Christmas without knowing what's in their stocking is a mystery.

👍

All roads lead to Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Certainly not got UTD playing attacking, or any sort of, football tonight. Awful. 

Knows a striker though. Shankland scores again🙂

21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

2. Not confident.

3. Don’t Know.

Me ?  I just worry.

Surely just worry should be number 4 then.

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Knows a striker though. Shankland scores again🙂

Yet CL could have signed him in the summer 😩

Obviously scores too many goals for Levein’s liking.