Odds on next manager

DB-14

2 minutes ago, Col4444 said:

Haven't seen Davie Robertson (Kashmir) mentioned anywhere, he's held in high regard is he not ? 

First post,cherry popped!

In Kashmir maybe. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

5 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Interesting to see if Austin MacPhee follows O'Neill to Stoke...

At least we’ll get some money for him. Every cloud and all that. 🙃

4 minutes ago, Col4444 said:

Haven't seen Davie Robertson (Kashmir) mentioned anywhere, he's held in high regard is he not ? 

First post,cherry popped!

I saw the documentary for the first time last week... he get them fired up that’s for sure! 

Realistically, it’ll probably be

Stephen Robinson

Robbie Neilson

Jack Ross

Outsiders

Robbo

Sir Paul

Neil McCann

Snake

😬😬😬😬

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stephen Robinson

Robbie Neilson

Jack Ross

Outsiders

Robbo

Sir Paul

Neil McCann

Snake

😬😬😬😬

I agree.  Unless it's someone really left field I think it'll be one of the first three.  Not much between them but i have always thought Ross would come back to Tynecastle. Would dread it if he went to Easter Road.

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, RENE said:

I agree.  Unless it's someone really left field I think it'll be one of the first three.  Not much between them but i have always thought Ross would come back to Tynecastle. Would dread it if he went to Easter Road.

Why would you dread it ? I’ll actually be delighted if hibs choose him.

4 minutes ago, RENE said:

Could you imagine robbo going to ER 🤫

5 minutes ago, RENE said:

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Why would you dread it ? I’ll actually be delighted if hibs choose him.

Jack Ross will probably be Hibs next Manager but they also want Nathan Jones. Fair play to them for looking past shite like Stubbs etc.. 

Hopefully we’re going to be a bit more ambitious.

See if Alex McLeish turns up though 😭

Tommy Wright wanted  to replace O'Neill as NI boss. Manager roundabouts at the moment, hopefully we have a preferred candidate and are targeting him rather than being passive and waiting to see who applies or is left. 

Arthur Morgan

There's a Sunderland fan I know and when I asked him his opinion on Jack Ross he said: Absolutely shite. Plays diabolical football, avoid at all costs. 

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I would really like a European coach

I'm not sure we've ever had a coach who wasn't European?

Although lack of managing at club level I am slightly surprised Scot Gemmil has not been touted more than he has. Well thought of at the SFA . Would be a gamble but at our level so will everyone else.

15 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Although lack of managing at club level I am slightly surprised Scot Gemmil has not been touted more than he has. Well thought of at the SFA . Would be a gamble but at our level so will everyone else.

Isn't the worst shout. 

3 minutes ago, His name is said:

I'm starting to get nervous about who will be appointed. I've got a horrible feeling it'll end in disaster! 

Chill out, how long ago was Levein sacked? 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

These two new managers have a massive challenge in restoring the integrity of football in the city.  Collectively we're not much better than a laughing stock.

Much as I dislike Hibs, them being strong and us being considerably stronger is actually good for the game overall.

At the moment, we're anything but.

Hibs are in trouble imo. 

Us, time will tell when our better players Come back and at least some stay fit. 

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

🤔😂

5 minutes ago, His name is said:

I'm starting to get nervous about who will be appointed. I've got a horrible feeling it'll end in disaster! 

Yep, there is a massive deja vu here.

Last time we were supposedly talking to/interviewing Davies, McLaren, Boothroyd, Freedman only to find "the right man was already at the club"!

57 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

SG 's getting old, he maybe meant 'continental'. 

16 minutes ago, His name is said:

Whoever it is they'd have to be truly diabolical to be worse than our last manager. We're talking Cathro diabolical. Believe.

kingantti1874

You know, we should know who we want and go make an appointment.. I’d have been absolutely raging if we had appointed derek Adams 😆

A_A wehatethehibs

I see Cove Rangers are top of the league. Sir Paul working the same miracles he worked at Alloa and Dundee to get both clubs performing well above their natural level. 

SPH in 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I see Cove Rangers are top of the league. Sir Paul working the same miracles he worked at Alloa and Dundee to get both clubs performing well above their natural level. 

SPH in 

Cove are probably the richest club in that league.

kingantti1874

Sir Paul hasn’t really proven it. But deep down I think he has what it takes to be a good manager.. especially for us.. he just got it.. 

not sure I’d support him getting the job at this time though tbh

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stephen Robinson

Robbie Neilson

Jack Ross

Outsiders

Robbo

Sir Paul

Neil McCann

Snake

😬😬😬😬

Well colour me meh if it's any of these and I don't believe any of them fit in with what Ann said at her presser. None high profile. I don't think any of them would unite the fans either. Like many I'd hate for Robbo to come in and have his legendary status ruined if it didn't go well. I think the highlighted would probably improve us but not to the extent we need to improve to challenge for 3rd.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Cove are probably the richest club in that league.

By a distance. It's not quite Gretna proportions but they are spending. 

Lad on loan from Aberdeen gets better treatment than he does in the youth team, for example. Recovery sessions,  massage etc

Leveins Battalion

Not high profile??Stephen Robinson is being touted with every job available including the N.I international manager ffs 🙈 I'd say that's high profile or should we going for Jose.

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not high profile??Stephen Robinson is being touted with every job available including the N.I international manager ffs 🙈 I'd say that's high profile or should we going for Jose.

Just because his agent is whoring him about left right and centre including, allegedly approaching Mrs B BEFORE CL was sacked. I just don't get the love in with him.

Bazzas right boot

Not one appointment will keep everyone happy. 

Time for something different. 

office102309b.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

Let's look outside the box for a change. See if Daniel Stendel would be interested. His German coaching background would make us difficult to beat, I believe he'd improve the players already at the club, not be scared to use a few young players, not be shit-scared of the old firm and have some good links within football to recruit a couple of quality players. It would and could be an exciting appointment and one that could get the club higher exposure. Forget Robbo or any other ex-player, definitely not Neilson, be bold for once and get the fans back on side.

Just now, jambonian said:

Let's look outside the box for a change. See if Daniel Stendel would be interested. His German coaching background would make us difficult to beat, I believe he'd improve the players already at the club, not be scared to use a few young players, not be shit-scared of the old firm and have some good links within football to recruit a couple of quality players. It would and could be an exciting appointment and one that could get the club higher exposure. Forget Robbo or any other ex-player, definitely not Neilson, be bold for once and get the fans back on side.

Agree with the sentiment even if it isn’t Stendel.  I know finances can dictate but let’s see a bit ambition from the board. 

No safe appointments or what can come across as in-house recommended.

I want to see what hunger this board really have to want ON park success.  

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

:spoton:

Adam_the_legend
55 minutes ago, brux said:

Chill out, how long ago was Levein sacked? 

He hasn’t been sacked. Moved jobs would be more accurate. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'd obviously like Keane. But...if we went for and got, a manager like this, I'd be more than happy.

If it was Stendel, I'd be even happier that we had a manager that was responsible in court, for sending Jailbird Joey Barton back to prison.

:greggy:

Seems like a top bloke.

36 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This high profile nonsense is grinding my gears a little we are where we are and thats not in a position to go out and get a big name from down south. Sadly all clubs out with the old firm are a stepping stone to the championship down south that's the reality. Robinson or Ross would be ideal hungry young and intelligent.

6 minutes ago, clark963 said:

This high profile nonsense is grinding my gears a little we are where we are and thats not in a position to go out and get a big name from down south. Sadly all clubs out with the old firm are a stepping stone to the championship down south that's the reality. Robinson or Ross would be ideal hungry young and intelligent.

In what sense are we not in a position to do that?

23 hours ago, shanyaks said:

Gordon Strachans name getting bandied about now -attending the game at the weekend and taking up duties from 11th .....

C'mon, Mods, not even subtle.  'shanyaks' ffs.  Get this spoon burner punted back to fisters.net.

8 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

At this rate we're going to miss out on Ross and Robinson. Dither and delay ...

Dont want any of the two.

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, Haken said:

C'mon, Mods, not even subtle.  'shanyaks' ffs.  Get this spoon burner punted back to fisters.net.

That was actually the story doing rounds on Facebook 

59 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yes yes yes and yes to this - all day long. 

Fed up seeing people wanting Robbo. Love the guy but let's be honest, we've got to aim higher.