Odds on next manager

DB-14

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Ross??? He’s awful.

Could barely win a game at Sunderland. 
no thanks.

Really?

50% win ratio, only lost 10 games in 75. 

Certainly not the worst by far.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

6 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Chris Hughton, if we could afford him

Was gonna say him seems steady enough but both Newcastle and Brighton ditched him for no apparent reason! But we’d never afford him anyway.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Naismith as player/ manager till jan? 

We need someone with more experience, were second bottom and it's too risky giving it to a rookie.  

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Really?

50% win ratio, only lost 10 games in 75. 

Certainly not the worst by far.

He had a budget that dwarfed everyone in the league.

And I work beside a couple of Sunderland ST holders that explained regularly how boring they were, and how Ross had a tendency to try and sit on a 1 goal lead, invariably leading to disaster.

He’s straight from the Levein school of coaching. No thanks. Someone fresh please.

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

He had a budget that dwarfed everyone in the league.

And I work beside a couple of Sunderland ST holders that explained regularly how boring they were, and how Ross had a tendency to try and sit on a 1 goal lead, invariably leading to disaster.

He’s straight from the Levein school of coaching. No thanks. Someone fresh please.

He drew too many games. They’re not much better since he was sacked. Played good football at St Mirren though and he’s still young enough to improve. 

We’re not going to get a manager that has a CV with a 100% record. Let’s be real.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Mort said:

On a serious note, it’s Robbo for me. Everyone gets behind him fully straight away and get the fans back on board. 

no, I love John Robertson and I think he was badly treated last time.. imagine it doesn’t work and the fans turn on him like we did on levein.. I’d hate that.. leave him where he is.. legendary status forever

Gerard has done well at rangers and Lampard doing well at chelsea. I wonder if someone along those lines would be a good shout? Played at a good level, learnt off the best managers, has a winning mentality, enthusiastic and looking to carve out a career in management. 

kingantti1874

Those suggesting jack Ross is a done deal clearly forgetting he was fired, and the reason why we fired him.. if you want to have a bet on jack Ross just send your cash to me instead.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Those suggesting jack Ross is a done deal clearly forgetting he was fired, and the reason why we fired him.. if you want to have a bet on jack Ross just send your cash to me instead.

The alleged reason of Jack Ross leaving the club is nonsense.

maroonplatoon87
7 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Gerard has done well at rangers and Lampard doing well at chelsea. I wonder if someone along those lines would be a good shout? Played at a good level, learnt off the best managers, has a winning mentality, enthusiastic and looking to carve out a career in management. 

Darren Fletcher 

Robbie

Robinson 

Robertson

Ross

It's like we're working through the phone book!

I'd go for O'Neill if we can get him, possibly with him continuing with NI for the rest of this campaign. That might mean McPhee as interim boss til the summer.

Or Moyes if he can rediscover the spark he had at Everton, possibly with Naismith joining him in a player coach role. No compensation puts him ahead of several others on the list.

Robbo would be top of my list of former Hearts players/managers to be given a proper chance at the job he would love to have.

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Remember this just a few weeks ago..Sun are not too bad with Hearts info

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4731176/stephen-robinson-hearts-motherwell-target-axe-craig-levein/

Ann Budge gave the strongest of hints that his agent had contacted her out of the blue and no doubt gave the story to the Sun. All to get his man linked with the Hearts job and any others that come up. 

43 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

From the list, Gemmill would be an interesting choice 

from those not on list

Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe

Michael Flynn from Newport 

Joey Barton from Fleetwood

Simon Grayson from Blackpool 

Nigel Clough from Burton

Michael Duff from Cheltenham

Paul Hurst from Scunthorpe 

Jurgen Klinsmann?

Robinson would be a decent enough appointment, his Motherwell side are doing a hell of a lot better than us at the moment and he has a good record of bringing youth into the team.

Wouldn't touch Jack Ross and I doubt he's got any interest anyway given the apparent issues last time round. But aside from that he's a complete myth who couldn't get a premier league sized club out of league 1. A good season with St Mirren in the lower leagues doesn't excuse that.

We likely won't see Moyes at Hearts, he'd raise the profile for certain but he'll be hanging about England waiting for a gig down there.

Honestly the main thing for me is that the new man needs to be given the financial backing to bring in his own backroom staff not left anchored by the dregs of the previous regime. If we decide to recruit from within (*sick in mouth*) I could just about accept Andy Kirk due to the fact our reserves are doing the business right now, NONE of the first team coaches are anywhere near good enough though, the thought of Fox or Daly getting the job makes me want to die on the spot and McPhee isn't exactly whats required despite his uses.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Scot Gemmill could do alright. He has contacts and his team play fast, exciting football

Certainly didn't against Lithuania at Tynie.

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Whatever said:

The alleged reason of Jack Ross leaving the club is nonsense.

It was not a mutually agreed departure.. I’d say virtually no chance of him coming back 

27 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

john terry?

I'd have no issues going back for Ross. Time moves on, things happen. Young manager with already decent experience, motivated and hungry for success. Available and knows the club.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It was not a mutually agreed departure.. I’d say virtually no chance of him coming back 

The ‘rumour’ that has surrounded him since his departure was all bullshit. That’s all I’m saying.

kingantti1874
Just now, Whatever said:

The ‘rumour’ that has surrounded him since his departure was all bullshit. That’s all I’m saying.

fair enough! I’ll take your word mate .. 

StirlingJambo

I’d go for a foreign manager this time, bring in fresh ideas. What about Javi Garcia just been sacked by Watford. But if a long shot but think we should push the bank balance for this one. Maybe Gus Poyet? Who knows 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

What are the odds of our new manager being in the dug-out in our next home game?

TBH given that results have been so bad for a while the card should have been considering possible options beforehand. 

If they ave prepared correctly they should have a target in mind

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Please god, not Robinson. Every time I've watched Motherwell, they've been honking. 

agree, the way some talk about him you’d think motherwell were anything other than shite

41 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

john terry?

Exactly who I was thinking, would kick the players arses into gear. Well worth taking the chance.

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Bring Aidy Boothroyd home. 😳

I've mentioned him even before CL was appointed but I think he has a fair bit left on his contract with England.

If nothing else I'd imagine he has some good contacts for players.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

That would be Joe Cole then. As well as being a terrific player, he was one of those players who just seemed to love the game of football. He comes with a similar pedigree to Gerrard and Lampard. As much chance as fly in the air mind.

How about Takis Fyssas?

I'd like a young manager with new ideas and an attacking philosophy. Hate to say it but both Gerard and Lampard are doing well with wee Frank in particular operating with restrictions.

Edited by Jamhammer

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Nicky Butt?