Jump to content
The Frenchman Returns

General Election 2019

Recommended Posts

Taffin
33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Lib Dem leader's claim that the SNP should give up its "obsession" with independence rates, even  in the current  sea of political mediocrity, as one of the stupidest remarks from.a politician, let alone a party leader, in recent times.

 

Anyone planning to vote Lib Dem needs their head looked at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Swinson also said that the SNP has only been obsessing about Independence for the last 8 years.

It's been the central aim of the party since it was formed in 1934 ya clueless bint.

 

 

I'd love to see her lose her seat.

Love it.

 

CircularFaintBats-small.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

 

Anyone planning to vote Lib Dem needs their head looked at

Yep. The Lib Dems need to give up their obsession with thinking they are a serious political party with any beliefs of their own. Cameron wants us to prop him up. OK. Corbyn. Probably. The SNP at Holyroood in  the future. Well of course.

Edited by Francis Albert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

Safe Lib Dem seat, mate. 👍

 

She will get my vote and everyone in my family in Edinburgh West to keep out the nats.

Not the brightest. Supporting liars and moronic beliefs. Libdems are as poisonous as any unionist party. I presume your family are not particularly discerning and just anti SNP for no real reason? No answer required. 

 

I was in a wee restaurant tonight in West Edinburgh and over heard 2 Edinburgh Rugby fans discussing politics. "Nicola Sturgeon has played a blinder with Brexit" was one of the things they said. They also said if the currency and border stuff was sorted then more or less we'd be independent. There's a definite shift in opinion. Even my wife who's a no voter thinks it could happen because of Johnson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not the brightest. Supporting liars and moronic beliefs. Libdems are as poisonous as any unionist party. I presume your family are not particularly discerning and just anti SNP for no real reason? No answer required. 

 

I was in a wee restaurant tonight in West Edinburgh and over heard 2 Edinburgh Rugby fans discussing politics. "Nicola Sturgeon has played a blinder with Brexit" was one of the things they said. They also said if the currency and border stuff was sorted then more or less we'd be independent. There's a definite shift in opinion. Even my wife who's a no voter thinks it could happen because of Johnson. 

If the currency and border stuff could be  sorted seems a pretty big if

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
14 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Its cliche central with the publicity shots just now   I saw her  dancing and trying to look like she was enjoying herself  bullshit 

The level of political debate has never been too high but we are currently plumbing new depths. The mainstream media is bad enough but the internet where most now get their "news" is just awful. Actually frighteningly so

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

SNP set to gain seats then. Lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

LibDem policy alert - will block a second Independence Referendum. 

 

(A policy that would help them in an alliance or coalition with the Conservatives) 

 

The Lib Dems are a farce of a party and anyone agreeing with their Brexit and Scottish Independence positions is a hypocrite.

 

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The Lib Dem leader's claim that the SNP should give up its "obsession" with independence rates, even  in the current  sea of political mediocrity, as one of the stupidest remarks from.a politician, let alone a party leader, in recent times.

 

100% agree. Jo Swinson is utterly appaling.

 

On another note, the folk on here trying to convince themselves the SNP will do anything bar increase their seat count are going to be pretty disappointed. Like it or lump it but the SNP will be the winning party in Scotland at every election until independence eventually happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

 

Anyone planning to vote Lib Dem needs their head looked at

 

I might vote Lib Dem. My main rationale is to keep the Tories out in my constituency and I will vote any centre or left party that gives that a greater chance. I've always tactically voted in our first past the post system - it's the only rational response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
5 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not the brightest. Supporting liars and moronic beliefs. Libdems are as poisonous as any unionist party. I presume your family are not particularly discerning and just anti SNP for no real reason? No answer required. 

 

I was in a wee restaurant tonight in West Edinburgh and over heard 2 Edinburgh Rugby fans discussing politics. "Nicola Sturgeon has played a blinder with Brexit" was one of the things they said. They also said if the currency and border stuff was sorted then more or less we'd be independent. There's a definite shift in opinion. Even my wife who's a no voter thinks it could happen because of Johnson. 

 

:rofl:

 

The Lib Dems will walk Edinburgh West.  I don't agree with their policies but they have no chance of winning the election but can do your lot significant damage.

 

The hypocrisy in the Nats launch yesterday was staggering - vote for them to stop brexit and protect the Scottish economy while brushing over the fact the economy will be irreparably damaged by Independence, the uncertainty on currency, hard border with England etc.

 

:jj_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If the currency and border stuff could be  sorted seems a pretty big if

 

I think these can be sorted, no problem. The issue is Westminster and its lack of maturity also the way the MSM propaganda portray it! 

 

I couldn't care less what currency we use, if it's sterling(which won't be worth much without Scotland) or the euro. Continental Europe manage fine with borders. If only we could get grown up actions like the Czechs and Slovaks with their "velvet divorce" but we've got to deal with obnoxious Westminster, Sky, BBC and the rest! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

:rofl:

 

The Lib Dems will walk Edinburgh West.  I don't agree with their policies but they have no chance of winning the election but can do your lot significant damage.

 

The hypocrisy in the Nats launch yesterday was staggering - vote for them to stop brexit and protect the Scottish economy while brushing over the fact the economy will be irreparably damaged by Independence, the uncertainty on currency, hard border with England etc.

 

:jj_facepalm:

Morning Frank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Morning Frank. 

 

You been here all night, Roxy? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

:rofl:

 

The Lib Dems will walk Edinburgh West.  I don't agree with their policies but they have no chance of winning the election but can do your lot significant damage.

 

The hypocrisy in the Nats launch yesterday was staggering - vote for them to stop brexit and protect the Scottish economy while brushing over the fact the economy will be irreparably damaged by Independence, the uncertainty on currency, hard border with England etc.

 

:jj_facepalm:

The only damage being done to Scotland is being part of the union. Tell us about the time you voted yes, again.

 

 

Oh and you said you and your family will vote yes, making the Libdems unbeatable. Is constituency in a gypsie camp?

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The only damage being done to Scotland is being part of the union. Tell us about the time you voted yes, again.

 

 

Oh and you said you and your family will vote yes, making the Libdems unbeatable. Is constituency in a gypsie camp?

 

Go back to bed, Aussie! :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

You been here all night, Roxy? 🤔

Just woke up as couldn't sleep. Had a lovely curry last night and got breath like a lib dem politician's armpit! You may be correct about Lib Dems in EWest and it's extremely frustrating! Scotland is quite capable of self governance and managing it's resources. The SNP will win Scottish elections for ever more which is great as couldn't suffer Westminster as their asset stripping and ignorance of us is and would be unbearable. I mean for goodness sake, do you really believe Swinson, Jardine, Cole-Hamilton, Corbyn and Johnson have Scottish interests at heart? If you do, your a lost cause. I think we could do so much better. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambogaza

I think, if as expected, SNP win in scotland and the tories win down south, we will see further shifts to the yes side. I also think we will see public figures who were previously for NO come out and declare their support for another referendum. 

 

In such a situation, the lib dem's position will be unsustainable. 

Edited by jambogaza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
9 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I think, if as expected, SNP win in scotland and the tories win down south, we will see further shifts to the yes side. I also think we will see public figures who were previously for NO come out and declare their support for another referendum. 

 

In such a situation, the lib dem's position will be unsustainable. 

 

But hey, at least they'll always have Edinburgh West :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9
9 hours ago, Cade said:

Swinson also said that the SNP has only been obsessing about Independence for the last 8 years.

It's been the central aim of the party since it was formed in 1934 ya clueless bint.

 

 

I'd love to see her lose her seat.

Love it.

 

CircularFaintBats-small.gif

I’m a Lib Dem voter, but I’d love to see her lose her seat as well.  She’s the weak link, utterly hopeless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
5 hours ago, redjambo said:

 

I might vote Lib Dem. My main rationale is to keep the Tories out in my constituency and I will vote any centre or left party that gives that a greater chance. I've always tactically voted in our first past the post system - it's the only rational response.

 

Keep Tories out or help get them in? I thought about it as well in fairness as I want to Remain but I don't trust them to deliver even if the won the damn thing.

 

My constituency will return a Conservative whatever I vote sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Just woke up as couldn't sleep. Had a lovely curry last night and got breath like a lib dem politician's armpit! You may be correct about Lib Dems in EWest and it's extremely frustrating! Scotland is quite capable of self governance and managing it's resources. The SNP will win Scottish elections for ever more which is great as couldn't suffer Westminster as their asset stripping and ignorance of us is and would be unbearable. I mean for goodness sake, do you really believe Swinson, Jardine, Cole-Hamilton, Corbyn and Johnson have Scottish interests at heart? If you do, your a lost cause. I think we could do so much better. 

 

 

 

Can't stand Swinson.  I would find it amusing if she lost her seat - she seems unhinged, and perhaps needs to take up a less stressful occupation. 

 

Jardine and Cole-Hamilton do decent work for the constituency tbf - particularly on local issues.  The SNP did **** all when they held those seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

Can't stand Swinson.  I would find it amusing if she lost her seat - she seems unhinged, and perhaps needs to take up a less stressful occupation. 

 

Jardine and Cole-Hamilton do decent work for the constituency tbf - particularly on local issues.  The SNP did **** all when they held those seats.

I liked Michelle Thomson. She was castigated for nothing. I understood why the SNP didn't support her as they should have as our fascist media are bad enough with their contorted hypocrisy about them. We need balance in a democracy and we certainly don't have that in the UK. There are a lot of mentally challenged out there who haven't a clue about politics, my wife and her friends worry me! Intelligent women but their lack of knowledge is almost a joke! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye

Good to see a new Jonathan Pie video uploaded. Always worth a watch on YouTube. 

 

Jonathan Pie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Good to see a new Jonathan Pie video uploaded. Always worth a watch on YouTube. 

 

Jonathan Pie

He pretty much nails it everytime :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
44 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He pretty much nails it everytime :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
44 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He pretty much nails it everytime :lol: 

He must know Frank Black. :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He must know Frank Black. :rofl:

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I liked Michelle Thomson. She was castigated for nothing. I understood why the SNP didn't support her as they should have as our fascist media are bad enough with their contorted hypocrisy about them. We need balance in a democracy and we certainly don't have that in the UK. There are a lot of mentally challenged out there who haven't a clue about politics, my wife and her friends worry me! Intelligent women but their lack of knowledge is almost a joke! 

"Our fascist media". There certainly are some mentally challenged out there including some who don't know what fascist means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

If anyone is interested as to why Johnson has refused to reveal the contents of the report into Russian meddling in UK politics ahead of the GE date might want to take a look at this . Very revealing. 

 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/11/09/russian-influence-in-britain-what-johnson-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

Aye but did you ken Salmond does a tv programme on a Russian tv channel likes? What about that eh?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye but did you ken Salmond does a tv programme on a Russian tv channel likes? What abouthat eh?! 

He'll be the fall guy for all this. 😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

He'll be the fall guy for all this. 😁😁

:lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
45 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

If anyone is interested as to why Johnson has refused to reveal the contents of the report into Russian meddling in UK politics ahead of the GE date might want to take a look at this . Very revealing. 

 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/11/09/russian-influence-in-britain-what-johnson-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

It seems that The Times is doing a piece on the ISC report tomorrow

Breaking - 9 Russian businessmen who gave money to the Conservative party are named in a secret intelligence report on the threats posed to UK democracy which was suppressed last week by Downing Street. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times story with @cazjwheeler
Oligarchs and other wealthy Tory donors were included in the report on illicit Russian activities in Britain by the cross-party intelligence & security select committee (ISC), whose publication was blocked last week by No10. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times 
Some Russian donors are personally close to the prime minister, including Alexander Temerko, who had close links to the Kremlin’s defence industry, and who has spoken warmly of his “friend” Boris Johnson. He has donated over £1.2m to the Tories over the past 7 years.
MPs on the intelligence committee were also briefed on concerns regarding Alexander Lebedev, the former KGB spy who was allowed to buy the London Evening Standard newspaper. Alexander’s son Evgeny has hosted prime minister Boris Johnson at his Italian estate near Perugia
When he was foreign secretary, Johnson travelled to the Lebedev’s Italian estate in April 2018 - apparently without the close protection police officers that normally accompany senior ministers of state. He was photographed by tourists at the local airport looking worse for wear.
It is not known whether the Russian Tory donors are mentioned in main ISC report, or the classified annex. Britain’s intel agencies are understood to be “furious” at the failure to publish as all necessary steps to protect national security have been taken. See tomorrow’s ST
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
51 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

He'll be the fall guy for all this. 😁😁

 

He might have other problems to worry about. 

 

:verysmug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It seems that The Times is doing a piece on the ISC report tomorrow

Breaking - 9 Russian businessmen who gave money to the Conservative party are named in a secret intelligence report on the threats posed to UK democracy which was suppressed last week by Downing Street. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times story with @cazjwheeler
Oligarchs and other wealthy Tory donors were included in the report on illicit Russian activities in Britain by the cross-party intelligence & security select committee (ISC), whose publication was blocked last week by No10. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times 
Some Russian donors are personally close to the prime minister, including Alexander Temerko, who had close links to the Kremlin’s defence industry, and who has spoken warmly of his “friend” Boris Johnson. He has donated over £1.2m to the Tories over the past 7 years.
MPs on the intelligence committee were also briefed on concerns regarding Alexander Lebedev, the former KGB spy who was allowed to buy the London Evening Standard newspaper. Alexander’s son Evgeny has hosted prime minister Boris Johnson at his Italian estate near Perugia
When he was foreign secretary, Johnson travelled to the Lebedev’s Italian estate in April 2018 - apparently without the close protection police officers that normally accompany senior ministers of state. He was photographed by tourists at the local airport looking worse for wear.
It is not known whether the Russian Tory donors are mentioned in main ISC report, or the classified annex. Britain’s intel agencies are understood to be “furious” at the failure to publish as all necessary steps to protect national security have been taken. See tomorrow’s ST
 

From Twitter, Mark Urban , BBC.....

 

As Dominic Grieve acknowledged to

@BBCNewsnight

last night, there’s a real risk the Russia report will not now be published at all. If the chair and much of the Intelligence & Security Cttee change after the election they may chose not to publish it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye but did you ken Salmond does a tv programme on a Russian tv channel likes? What about that eh?! 

 

Salmond appearances on Russia Today is the least of the worries about Alex Salmond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

 

Salmond appearances on Russia Today is the least of the worries about Alex Salmond. 

Seriously man I really don’t give a monkeys but I remember the pathetic attempts to outrage us at the time. If they hadn’t went on and on and on nobody would’ve cared or even knew it was on. 
If salmond is guilty of what he’s accused of I hope he gets what he deserves but I honestly couldn’t care less, it really matters not despite unionists believing it will somehow derail Scottish independence and you’ll all get to stop shiteing yourselves and go back to constant labour drones in Scotland. Salmond had a high opinion of himself that’s not in doubt but whatever happens to him is his problem. 
It won’t stop Scotland regaining its backbone. It’s coming down the tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Seriously man I really don’t give a monkeys but I remember the pathetic attempts to outrage us at the time. If they hadn’t went on and on and on nobody would’ve cared or even knew it was on. 
If salmond is guilty of what he’s accused of I hope he gets what he deserves but I honestly couldn’t care less, it really matters not despite unionists believing it will somehow derail Scottish independence and you’ll all get to stop shiteing yourselves and go back to constant labour drones in Scotland. Salmond had a high opinion of himself that’s not in doubt but whatever happens to him is his problem. 
It won’t stop Scotland regaining its backbone. It’s coming down the tracks. 

You don't really give a monkeys? 

It seems like you give a monkeys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You don't really give a monkeys? 

It seems like you give a monkeys.

I give a monkeys about Scotland yeah. Salmond? Not a monkeys😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I give a monkeys about Scotland yeah. Salmond? Not a monkeys😄

 

Me, and probably a lot of people in Scotland, know exactly what you mean when you re-write history. I worry you don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

 

Me, and probably a lot of people in Scotland, know exactly what you mean when you re-write history. I worry you don't. 

:orly?:
I bid you goodnight friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:orly?:
I bid you goodnight friend.

You can' t hide forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

"Our fascist media". There certainly are some mentally challenged out there including some who don't know what fascist means.

Whom are you referring to? The Tories and Brits in general appear to be creating a fascist state. I hate the UK at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

 

Me, and probably a lot of people in Scotland, know exactly what you mean when you re-write history. I worry you don't. 

Salmond will go through the due process of his trial and the outcome will be what it will be. 

 

The continual movement towards Scottish independence won't stop either way. The characters involved will come and go but the destination will not change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

This seems to be an attempt to break the world record for candidates forced to stand down due to racist/anti-Semitic comments made in the past. Politics seems to attract a proper shower of shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This seems to be an attempt to break the world record for candidates forced to stand down due to racist/anti-Semitic comments made in the past. Politics seems to attract a proper shower of shite.

Lots don’t learn from other’s mistakes.

No surprise there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Lots don’t learn from other’s mistakes.

No surprise there.

 

Exactly, it is staggering the number of people who have written something in the past, something which has come back to haunt others, that somehow they seem to think that the same or similar will not affect them in the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
On 07/11/2019 at 17:19, RobboM said:


... and cover up the report on Russian interference in the Brexit referendum

Keeping people in ignorance is almost offical Johnson Government policy


... and the report on Government finances

... and another


https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/police-probe-jennifer-arcuri-scandal-shelved-after-election-920617?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=ijp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
8 minutes ago, RobboM said:


Is anyone else seeing a pattern here? Our democratic process is being starved of real information or kept in the dark and fed shit

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/infowars-unit-attacked-jeremy-corbyn-20849892.amp?__twitter_impression=true

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Popular Now

    • Last Laff
      72
×
×
  • Create New...