• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is that a serious question? Even if the forecast of 55 SNP seats is correct it is likely that unionist parties will have a majority of votes cast.

Agree. Very easy to win a seat on one issue when your opposition is split 3 ways. 

2 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

So going by your logic all Hearts fans should vote Labour. 

Wasn't there a discussion on here a while back about the political leanings of our support. I think the concensus was more to the left. This was before the Indy Ref mind.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This isn't an independence vote. Crack on with your comfort blanket of unionist/non-unionist parties.

And yet Sturgeon will use the result to bolster her case for it. 

Just now, Class of 75 said:

Ian Murray quoted on BBC that in every door he knocked on people mentioned Corbyn not Brexit. Very interesting 

Ssssh don’t tell Lieson

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Ian Murray quoted on BBC that in every door he knocked on people mentioned Corbyn not Brexit. Very interesting 

Every door I knocked on, and my team and I spoke to 11,000 people, mentioned Corbyn. Not Brexit but Corbyn. I’ve been saying this for years. The outcome is that we’ve let the country down and we must change course and fast.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Appreciate that. Tonight we're looking at a landslide for SNP v. a landslide for Boris. It's going to come to a head at some point. I think that point will be a second independence referendum.

Interesting days ahead

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This isn't an independence vote. Crack on with your comfort blanket of unionist/non-unionist parties.

I didn't say it was. In fact the opposite. I will crack.on with the facts.

2 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

So going by your logic all Hearts fans should vote Labour. 

In one constituency and that's what happened last time if you remember when he vastly increased his majority

PS if there are any other MP's who have nailed their colours to the mast then vote for them..any party

Voting with that issue in mind would be as good a reason as many voters will give you...there are voters voting for Boris..honestly voting for a liar, a womaniser a man with no principles who avoided scrutiny in the run up to the election....that is how low the people of the UK have allowed themselves to go

Mind you look at the other side...a fantasist being led by the extreme left who care little about the people but a lot about their 'principles' not understanding that they will never get enough support to put those into practice and like it or not they have to put foolish things aside and concentrate on the real issues

They ignored history and brought back the days of Michael Foot..all Corbyn needed was a donkey jacket and hey presto

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Appreciate that. Tonight we're looking at a landslide for SNP v. a landslide for Boris. It's going to come to a head at some point. I think that point will be a second independence referendum.

Also if that is the case Jo Swinson could lose her seat

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Every door I knocked on, and my team and I spoke to 11,000 people, mentioned Corbyn. Not Brexit but Corbyn. I’ve been saying this for years. The outcome is that we’ve let the country down and we must change course and fast.

Ian seems like a decent man but he’s pissing in the wind. Karie Murphy, Seamus Milne and recent member of the Communist Party, Andrew Murray, already have their next nutter lined up. They’re finished. 

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Mate, what he meant is that in any vote the SNP have to get over 50% in order for Sturgeon to claim UDI under Article 30. She might have between 40-50 seats but as a one issue party very easy to do in a FPTP system when the Unionist parties split 3 ways. SNP support currently down to 40% so still at 2014 levels. 

😁😁😁😁

I don't like judging a book by its cover but there's something about her I really don't like!

If the exit polls are correct, you may not need to be looking at that book much longer...

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Well said Ian Murray. Spot on.

I don't like judging a book by its cover but there's something about her I really don't like!

No worries there, you can judge her by her voting record and conclude the same.

7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I agree my friend 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

jesus christ you are a sad wee troll. 

Interesting that the Tories didnt give a **** about their Scottish reps and almost sacrificied them to ensure English wins. But people think Scotland matter to BoJo and the tories

Surprised you wasted typing time on that cretin Sadj. But fair play to you, good comment. 

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Surprised you wasted typing time on that cretin Sadj. But fair play to you, good comment. 

i know i shouldnt have but.....

Cheers just to go back to my normal who is the lassie rebecca on the bbc coverage? Proper would 😂😂

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Cheers just to go back to my normal who is the lassie rebecca on the bbc coverage? Proper would 😂😂

It's easy to get tripped up by Tripper in a weak moment, don't sweat it mate

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

It's easy to get tripped up by Tripper in a weak moment, don't sweat it mate

cheers mr murican...still who is rebecca?

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

cheers mr murican...still who is rebecca?

Nae idea, unlike you I'm able to turn my cock off for a bit, if only occasionally.

Edited by Justin Z

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha, Yes. I think Ms Miller is looking paticularly hot tonight.

Edited by whodanny

dobmisterdobster
39 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I quite like John Curtice. Seems balanced and neutral enough when asked for his opinions. 

He was hedging his bets a lot in this election.

"We could have a Tory majority or a hung parliament"

Probably being cautious after 2017.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Nae idea, unlike you I'm able to turn my cock off for a bit, if only occasionally.

haha lies its all lies

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

He was hedging his bets a lot in this election.

"We could have a Tory majority or a hung parliament"

Probably being cautious after 2017.

Massive swing from Labour to Tory in NE and NW England. Even iñ Labour strongholds.  Its all about Brexit.  Massive majority for Tories. 

37 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Agree. Very easy to win a seat on one issue when your opposition is split 3 ways. 

Sounds like the remain parties and the Tories. Does your logic apply to them?

47 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is that a serious question? Even if the forecast of 55 SNP seats is correct it is likely that unionist parties will have a majority of votes cast.

Same to you?

42 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Mate, what he meant is that in any vote the SNP have to get over 50% in order for Sturgeon to claim UDI under Article 30. She might have between 40-50 seats but as a one issue party very easy to do in a FPTP system when the Unionist parties split 3 ways. SNP support currently down to 40% so still at 2014 levels. 

Francis Albert
Just now, ri Alban said:

Sounds like the remain parties and the Tories. Does your logic apply to them?

Same to you?

If you mean same question to me ... I didn't ask.a question.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

this did not help on my google

Laura Miller, current top squeeze on BBc Scotland news, replacement for Jackie Bird.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If you mean same question to me ... I didn't ask.a question.

You made a statement. I'm asking you a question.

dobmisterdobster
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think they'll win 46.

Exit polls are difficult to do in Scotland. They don't even bother doing them in Northern Ireland.

The Tory candidate in Chesterfield is the grandson of a miner. If that doesn't say it all in one sentence, I don't know what does.

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hi @ri Alban

I get you support stuff and what not

Yet you seem so wound up. Relax. 

I'm fine, thanks for asking. 👍 I'm only questioning the consistency. Brexit has won the Tories the election, yes, but the remain vote is bigger. 

3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Exit polls are difficult to do in Scotland. They don't even bother doing them in Northern Ireland.

Yip. And one of the Candidates has been binned by the SNP. Gordon Brown's auld seat, I think.???

joondalupjambo

Did I just hear right on Channel 4?  BJ's father saying if I was a female fighter pilot I would want people to remove their Burka?  I assume he is on the sauce.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm fine, thanks for asking. 👍 I'm only questioning the consistency. Brexit has won the Tories the election, yes, but the remain vote is bigger. 

Are you counting Labour votes as remain votes?

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yip. And one of the Candidates has been binned by the SNP. Gordon Brown's auld seat, I think.???

What if the candidate wins Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath?

Are they SNP or independent?

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The Tory candidate in Chesterfield is the grandson of a miner. If that doesn't say it all in one sentence, I don't know what does.

Sorry but what does it say?