General Election 2019

Shanks said no

34 minutes ago, Boab said:

Vote Labour and trust the Scottish electorate to vote NO in Indyref 2.....whenever that will be !

Voting SNP means nothing like Independence. The only way a swing big enough to ensure a YES vote on independence is if the Tories get in and really **** things up. And they won’t agree to a second Indy vote !

A swing big enough? 3%

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

If you vote Conservative you vote for a buffoon

His latest escapade is to hide in a freezer to avoid having to answer questions from a reporter...no you read it right HIDING IN A FREEZER

Johnson was at the Modern Milkman dairy company in Yorkshire for a photoshoot on the eve of the U.K.’s general election. ITV Correspondent Jonathan Swain spotted the prime minister during the event, but when he tried to get close and ask Johnson if he will ever come on Good Morning Britain, Swain was intercepted by Johnson’s press secretary, Rob Oxley, who seemed to say “oh for ****’s sake.”

Morgan and co-host Susanna Reid were stunned by that moment as they watched in-studio, but Swain continued to pursue the PM. After several more tense moments, Swain got close enough to Johnson to ask his question. Instead of answering though, Johnson told Swain “I’ll be with you in a second” before he walked off into a freezer full of milk bottles.

Just now, sadj said:

so 3.1% its not very much is it. 

Sadj, you’re frying my brains here, buddy.

I’m on the Chianti so apologies.

I thought swing was % this time as against % last time. 
Would that not be -1 ?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sadj, you’re frying my brains here, buddy.

I’m on the Chianti so apologies.

I thought swing was % this time as against % last time. 
Would that not be -1 ?

haha its all good at the moment it would need a swing of 3.1% to be voted as yes to independence. From the last referendum its swung 0.5% toward no based on your poll. These polls are usually with 2/3% error. So it could be 50/50 right now.

If it was 56/44 then a 3.1% swing to yes is not really a big swing in political terms. 

I would love independence for Scotland , i an sick of hearing of xenophobic comments and attitude by the government of the UK. However I don’t think we will see it soon. People are tired of politics , referendums etc. Drained is maybe a better way of putting it and with modern social media the scaremongering of people and the idiocy of others (such as oh no vote No or we wont have a currency tomorrow) just becomes more prevalent. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’ll be voting tactically to get the Tories out.  I have no political party allegiances these days, they’re all useless, but I do have strong allegiances to supporting us remaining in the EU  and ending austerity.  At a push, despite my views on Scottish independence I would vote SNP to stop us leaving the EU.  Another Independence referendum is a lesser evil than Brexit imo.

Its a bloody toughie. I cant stand any of the party leaders, and trust none of them to deliver a single thing.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its a bloody toughie. I cant stand any of the party leaders, and trust none of them to deliver a single thing.

Yep, that’s kinda where I am as well. Too many own goals. 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Yep, that’s kinda where I am as well. Too many own goals. 

Yup, I think the whole behaviour over brexit then failing to get it done(I voted against it but fairs fair the leave won), just proves they are self serving and cant keep their word on anything other than when its time to give themselves a pay rise!

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup, I think the whole behaviour over brexit then failing to get it done(I voted against it but fairs fair the leave won), just proves they are self serving and cant keep their word on anything other than when its time to give themselves a pay rise!

They have a duty of care to look after the best interests of the country. Nobody has presented anything close to resembling a good Brexit deal. The options brought to the table have been unpalatable. 

The Tories thought it was a good idea to have a referendum on leaving the EU without having any plan in place for doing so. This clusterf*** lies entirely on their shoulders, nobody else's. 

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Please, stop calling people traitors.

I am sick to the back teeth of Scottish Nationalist people behaving like they are the centre of the universe. 

We're sick of unionists behaving like England is. 

Well look, according to Boris its like this!!!

If you want to fix the last 9 years of tory disasters foisted upon us, then vote for Boris.

:vrface:

Diadora Van Basten

Agree with Robert Peston that there has been little or no sophisticated debates in the election campaign and it has been a race to the bottom.

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

And voting SNP enables that

Wait, so if you vote SNP you end up with the tories in Westminster?

I wonder if Scottish Independence could remedy that?

4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Austerity my arse. I grew up in the 70s poor and it didn't do me any harm, just gave me an appreciation and a will to get out of it. And btw, Independence would mean LESS money and everything more expensive as it is in every small country. All you Sturgeon cultists are under a tin foil tartan hat.

I think, from reading your posts, that it maybe done you more harm than you realise.

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Speaking with you is like sitting on a toilet and part of my brain plops into the water. 

You're telling us your brain is up your arse? 

Explains a lot tbh. 

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

"Get Brexit Done".

Laugh? I almost negotiated a free trade agreement in an unprecedented timescale.

:D

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Oh FFS, here it is again.  "I grew up poor and it didn't do me any harm"

Along with "I grew up getting belted by my parents and it didn't do me any harm" and "I grew up in a house where everyone smoked and it didn't do me an harm" are just the kind of statements that drive me up the wall.  The world is an entirely different place these days. To compare the 70s with now is utterly ridiculous.  It's nearly 50 years ago! That would be like someone in the late 80s saying "I grew up getting bombed by the Germans every day and it didn't do me any harm.

As for voting Tory, it's your right to vote for who you want.  It's just a shame that the party you are going to vote for have been accountable and responsible for creating a massive problem when it comes to social issues across the entire board.

That really is a first class post, sir.

8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Like when the SNP say they will stop Boris Johnson, a bit of fun

Labour are dead in Scotland and the fact you would refuse to vote tactically for the SNP to keep the Tories out--and have to play make believe to convince yourself to boot--nicely sums to a big fat goose egg what your opinion of Scottish nationalism is worth. Long may it give you the boak.

Just now, Zlatanable said:

Voting for the SNP is more selfish than voting for the Conservative party AND more authoritarian than voting for the Conservative Party.

:rofl:

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Voting for the SNP is more selfish than voting for the Conservative party AND more authoritarian than voting for the Conservative Party.

Most idiotic post on the thread. Well done. 

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

:facepalm:

Montgomery Brewster
13 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Austerity my arse. I grew up in the 70s poor and it didn't do me any harm, just gave me an appreciation and a will to get out of it. And btw, Independence would mean LESS money and everything more expensive as it is in every small country. All you Sturgeon cultists are under a tin foil tartan hat.

You really need to stop reading the Daily Mail.

All this we are  to wee , too stupid , too poor drivel which is constantly served up from your English masters is really starting to grow weary.

Scotland has more natural resources , wind , hydro and not to forget the oil and gas that’s still in the ground , than places like Ireland and I don’t hear them getting told that they are to stupid , too wee etc.

start educating yourself man. 

btw - I am no fan of the snp and there are many things they could be doing better. However at least they have a backbone and are willing to help build a better country for all the people who live here , regardless of how they vote. 

8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Wow how drunk were you last night....you were drunk eh ?

If not well done on a belter of a post..not in a good way.

i have to say i voted for the lesser evil this morning than a party i had true faith in to deliver everything needed.

Edited by Jamboelite

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Still don't know if I'm voting SNP or Labour. 

I've a working day to ponder over it. 

Tough call mate i was similar.

8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

But wait, you said youre not a tory!!!

41 minutes ago, Homme said:

Vote for the party most likely to keep the tories out. 

That's what I am doing. 

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That's what I am doing. 

That's what I likely will be doing. I'm about 70/30 for that party atm. 

23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

'X' in the box for Kenny MacAskill & the SNP this morning.

Enjoy your day folks.

The Mods will be along soon to tell you off for sharing details of your vote, which is technically illegal before the polls close.

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That's what I am doing. 

Yup. Although in my seat (Edinburgh East) it's basically SNP or Labour so no real tactical voting required.

For election night, this is a useful guide to expected declaration times

https://public.tableau.com/profile/christabel.cooper#!/vizhome/Time_15760854433110/Timings

Great reading this thread, and looking at the poll result, and then thinking about certain posters on here and teh absolute seethe they are experiencing.  

:D

33 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Yup. Although in my seat (Edinburgh East) it's basically SNP or Labour so no real tactical voting required.

For election night, this is a useful guide to expected declaration times

https://public.tableau.com/profile/christabel.cooper#!/vizhome/Time_15760854433110/Timings

Tommy shephard is a good guy but so is Shelia Gilmore a good person. Tough choice. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, Homme said:

C'mon Homme, SNP, like a couple others,  ye can vote Labour at the first G.E. after Independence.

:yas:

Edited by ri Alban

Skivingatwork

I’m no great fan of the SNP or Sturgeon but they remain the best (only) option on the ballot paper to bring about an independent Scotland. After that the formation of new parties in a proportional representation parliament will bring about the government Scotland chooses to act in its best interests.

Easy as ABC...

Anyone but Conservative.

Slim chance of a hung parliament.    Only a larger than expected amount of tactical voting can save the day.    

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

C'mon Homme, SNP, like a couple others,  ye can vote Labour at the first G.E. after Independence.

:yas:

This isn't a referendum! Or not directly anyway. 

I'm an independence supporter who despises the SNP :lol: