General Election 2019

Shanks said no

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Atest Polls and media coverage suggesting the Tories.lead is dropping. Combination of popularity In Labours manifesto and comments made by London bombing victims relative about Boris statement. 

Hopefully too the Boris the Chicken theme is catching on

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Hopefully too the Boris the Chicken theme is catching on

I tell you, if the leader of the party I was supporting refused to debate openly on level terms with the leaders of the main competing parties, I'd be livid.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Atest Polls and media coverage suggesting the Tories.lead is dropping. Combination of popularity In Labours manifesto and comments made by London bombing victims relative about Boris statement. 

EKvQP6lXYAEIY6K.png

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I tell you, if the leader of the party I was supporting refused to debate openly on level terms with the leaders of the main competing parties, I'd be livid.

We're well past all that, democracy now means dirty tricks and shenanigans, anything to get a competitive advantage, and your supporters will cheer you to the rafters.

Fake newspapers, blatant lies, avoiding scrutiny, hiding the likes of Rees-Mogg away so people forget what ****s they're really voting for, bluster and bullshit is king.

Perhaps Brexit will allow proper taxation of the super-giants.

Over the last decade Amazon amassed UK revenue of £75.8 Billion

and paid £83 million in tax.

Done by diverting all bookings through Luxembourg

Or maybe not, but they appear to be making hay whilst burning the high street to the ground

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Isn't Cleese a full on Farage disciple now?

Perhaps, but the image is from the 'what have the Roman's ever done for us?' scene in The Life of Brian.

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

One could easily imagine there was a Nicola Party as she has been the almost exclusive face of the SNP during this campaign. No sign of Mr Potato Heid Blackford or other numpties.

Same as the rest. 

One could easily imagine there was a Nicola Party as she has been the almost exclusive face of the SNP during this campaign. No sign of Mr Potato Heid Blackford or other numpties.

Blackford is constantly on in the morning, either being interviewed by Piers Morgan or Dan Walker. 

Captain Sausage

Just catching up on Corbyn’s AN interview. 

Ooft, both him and Sturgeon absolutely slaughtered. It will be an absolute travesty if Boris Johnson doesn’t face the same scrutiny. 

57 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Just catching up on Corbyn’s AN interview. 

Ooft, both him and Sturgeon absolutely slaughtered. It will be an absolute travesty if Boris Johnson doesn’t face the same scrutiny. 

The story is they were all told the Conservatives had agreed too. 

Captain Sausage
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The story is they were all told the Conservatives had agreed too. 

They should bring forward any proof. Anything to highlight the sleaziness of this prick. 

Johnson's refusal to participate in proper scrutiny will not make one iota of a difference.    His supporters and likely voters don't give a shit.

There was a focus group shown on C4 news.    The same men who roundly slaughtered Corbyn for supposedly being completely untrustworthy,   can't believe a single word he says,   don't know what he stands for,  etc,   dismissed questions regarding Johnson's honesty by saying things like,   he's a likeable buffoon,  you can't necessarily believe everthing he says but most of it resonates well,  etc.

People simply don't 'punish' Johnson's dishonesty and worse because of his persona / image.     They do punish Corbyn.   Not for the same dishonesty... for the perception of it.

Totally warped and ****ed up world.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Johnson's refusal to participate in proper scrutiny will not make one iota of a difference.    His supporters and likely voters don't give a shit.

There was a focus group shown on C4 news.    The same men who roundly slaughtered Corbyn for supposedly being completely untrustworthy,   can't believe a single word he says,   don't know what he stands for,  etc,   dismissed questions regarding Johnson's honesty by saying things like,   he's a likeable buffoon,  you can't necessarily believe everthing he says but most of it resonates well,  etc.

People simply don't 'punish' Johnson's dishonesty and worse because of his persona / image.     They do punish Corbyn.   Not for the same dishonesty... for the perception of it.

Totally warped and ****ed up world.

Much in the same way that Morelos is allowed to do as he likes and Scottish refs let him off because "We all know he's a bit of a cheeky chappie"

Any Hearts player that acts in the same manner would be sent off and given a three match ban.

:seething:

It's a real thing alright.    Judged by different standards.     Corbyn / Labour slated for much of the same notions as Johnson / Tories are excused.    I've seen lots of people fumbling and stumbling around various issues and conveniently coming to the conclusion that Corybn is the racist,  antichrist leader of the neo-Marxist peril and that Johnson is the 'he's one of us... straight talking... lovable rogue... says wot we fink...' pied piper of the working class.

The reality is that they believe Johnson will give them what they think they want.   A clean break,  let's bash Johnny Europa,  where's my union jack bowler hat Doris? Brexit... and to keep taxes low and still pay for stuff.   But they aren't honest enough to admit it.

Mind the good old days when Ed Milliband was declared "not fit to rule" because he slightly stumbled when stepping off a stage on live tv and ate a bacon butty a bit messily?

It was a more innocent time.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Johnson running away from scrutiny is seen as a positive,  right and justified thing.    To prevent a metropolitan liberal elitist,  remainer,  fifth columnist media from unfairly depicting Johnson as an illusionary arsehole.

Edited by Victorian

dobmisterdobster
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Johnson running away from scrutiny is seen as a positive,  right and justified thing.    To prevent a metropolitan liberal elitist,  remainer,  fifth columnist media from unfairly depicting Johnson as an illusionary arsehole.

I wouldn't describe Andrew Neil as that.

May ran away from scrutiny. Johnson has appeared in a head to head with Corbyn  (with another still to come), appeared in the daft Question Time special, and was interviewed by Andrew Marr. Gove (former environment minister) was at the Channel 4 ambush but they wouldn’t allow him to participate, caring more about their childish stunt than a debate on an important subject. With a lead in the polls and a week or so to go Johnson would be crazy to risk being eviscerated by Andrew Neil. That’s certainly what his advisors will be telling him. And his non-appearance won’t make any difference to the outcome of the election one way or another.

The greatest political actor/media performer of recent times, Tony Blair, wouldn’t go near these so called debates. It’s the media that inflates their importance for their own reasons. We certainly don’t learn anything from them.

You haven't, that's for sure.

Shanks said no
8 hours ago, Cade said:

The arsehole lives on a Caribbean island 

View of the Caribbean island of Nevis from Saint Kitts.

Why would he want to give up London town to live on Nevis, just makes no sense at all

Just now, weehammy said:

You’re absolutely correct as I didn’t watch any of them.

And on that basis you feel entitled to claim that those who did watch didn't learn anything either. 

For me, and i suspect many others watching these events renew my contempt and revulsion for our PM and his sycophantic acolytes. However if you can't bear to watch, i totally understand.

8 hours ago, weehammy said:

Is he still wanting to extend the franchise to 12 year olds and all the citizens of the world?

No, that's the Libdems. Aw you mean voting!

I actually think it would make no difference whatsoever if Johnson did go in front of Neil and was utterly devoured and reduced to a brown puddle.     People just don't put any importance on the profoundly flawed and questionable character of him.    They've bought into the thin veneer of him supposedly being down to earth,  straight talking, amiable and personable.     The zeitgeist of personality politics disguises the horrendous party political philosophy underneath.    

They like Johnson.   They've been conditioned to dislike Corbyn.   Johnson is giving them what they want,   or the perception of it.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I actually think it would make no difference whatsoever if Johnson did go in front of Neil and was utterly devoured and reduced to a brown puddle.     People just don't put any importance on the profoundly flawed and questionable character of him.    They've bought into the thin veneer of him supposedly being down to earth,  straight talking, amiable and personable.     The zeitgeist of personality politics disguises the horrendous party political philosophy underneath.    

They like Johnson.   They've been conditioned to dislike Corbyn.   Johnson is giving them what they want,   or the perception of it.

"They" have not been conditioned to dislike Corbyn.

His policies are utterly shambolic, and his spending plans are both ridiculous and unaffordable.

His taxation plans are ruinous.

He is launching a class war against everyone in work, who owns a home,  or who has spent a lifetime trying to better themselves and improve their families lot in life.

He is on a mission to destroy self reliance and aspiration.

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

His policies are utterly shambolic, and his spending plans are both ridiculous and unaffordable.

He is launching a class war against everyone in work, who owns a home,  or who has spent a lifetime trying to better themselves and improve their families lot in life.

Replace Corbyn with Johnson above and the exact same statement could be attributed to him as well . 

I think you missed Victorians point. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

7 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

All pretty ludicrous.    Corbyn is disliked and distrusted by huge numbers of much less well off people.    People who have been hammered by the Tories.    People who could benefit greatly from a Labour government ending austerity and making the first steps towards addressing inequality.    To work towards a new settlement where the economy is managed for the benefit of people and not something to be milked for all it's worth by macro business interests and the super wealthy.

The obvious personal intetests of relatively poor people are not cutting through the bullshit of personality politics and the deceit of Brexit.

Another deception is that everyone will become much better off after Brexit gets done.    The dishonest impression that there will be an instantaneous Brexit dividend once the UK's potential is unleashed.    The lie that the UK will simply be gifted the blue ribband of trade deals with the EU and the USA and others,   whilst ceasing to hand over all that money to the EU and having to adhere to any EU laws and regulations and freedom of movement.

Don't trust the Maxists.   They'll borrow badly,   introduce unaffordable wage levels and tax everyone to oblivion.    Trust us 'cos we'll borrow at our magical, special negative interest rates that only us Tories can access.    Austerity is over folks but we'll keep cutting funding and services 'cos we're prudent and austerity is just a notional word that you don't understand in any case.   

35 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Dunno... as much as I wouldn't vote for the guy, you seem pretty conditioned right there.

My employer (intelligent and fairly wealthy) doesn't like Corbyn because his specs rarely sit evenly on his face and he seems to peer awkwardly and he's got a sparse,  wirey looking beard and he's not a natural orator.

Nothing to do with the preservation of a low taxation economy.   No definitely not.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

My employer (intelligent and fairly wealthy) doesn't like Corbyn because his specs rarely sit evenly on his face and he seems to peer awkwardly and he's got a sparse,  wirey looking beard and he's not a natural orator.

Nothing to do with the preservation of a low taxation economy.   No definitely not.

We are NOT a low tax economy.

28 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Dunno... as much as I wouldn't vote for the guy, you seem pretty conditioned right there.

Everything I said is true.

A corbyn government would massively increase my tax bills, all based on the presumption by government that they can spend my money better than I can.

That the private education  I work hard to provide ( and that Corbyn himself had,  and John Mcdonnell had)  should cease.

That redistributive policy works, despite it not working elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Everything I said is true.

A corbyn government would massively increase my tax bills, all based on the presumption by government that they can spend my money better than I can.

That the private education  I work hard to provide ( and that Corbyn himself had,  and John Mcdonnell had)  should cease.

That redistributive policy works, despite it not working elsewhere.

How massively? What percentage of your income are we talking here?

I think I pay the maximum possible amount of tax = we are not an unsustainably low taxation economy = if I am taxed more it means I am taxed massively more = any more tax will only be wasted anyway.

26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think I pay the maximum possible amount of tax = we are not an unsustainably low taxation economy = if I am taxed more it means I am taxed massively more = any more tax will only be wasted anyway.

Do you regard the top rate of 46% as too low? That is what it currently is.

Means you keep more of what you earn than the government take.

Seems quite high, does it not?

You earn £100, you get to spend £54

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Do you regard the top rate of 46% as too low? That is what it currently is.

Means you keep more of what you earn than the government take.

Seems quite high, does it not?

You earn £100, you get to spend £54

It's a rate of a band of income.   You don't pay that rate on all your income,  as you well know.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

It's a rate of a band of income.   You don't pay that rate on all your income,  as you well know.

Didn't say I did.

THough  I would state that my labour is worth just the same for my 80th hour of the week as the 1st, though I receive a lot less in my pocket for it than the first.

Do you think 46% is low tax?

Trump says NHS not part of any deal even if handed on a plate to US - despite previously saying it would be.

It's as if with the closing polls one compulsive liar has contacted another compulsive liar to say something the help the other one out, only to renage on at a later date.

Banks will be on the phone to Farage already 'wtf Nige......thought you had brown nosed Trump and we had this all sewn up'

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Add into the mix that when the Scottish Gvernment made us the highest taxed part of the UK, the overall income tax take fell by 100 million- and that was with a 1% increase, and that is a picture repeated in other countries.

Increase the tax rates and the amount generated falls

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Didn't say I did.

THough  I would state that my labour is worth just the same for my 80th hour of the week as the 1st, though I receive a lot less in my pocket for it than the first.

The whole spectrum is low.

It's a valid point re take home pay and disposable income though.    The economy would benefit from markedly higher take home pay and disposable income levels.    But it is best effective at the mass population level of income.    More money available to circulate around the real economy.    That's what sustainably produces growth.

Personal debt.

Millions of less well off people service forms of personal debt that deprives the real economy of wealth circulation.    Give people more take home pay in order to reduce their reliance on the servicing of unneccesary debt.    Money freed up to drive economic growth.

20 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Didn't say I did.

What is the % increase you would get under Labour?