General Election 2019

Shanks said no

Footballfirst
45 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

If anyone is interested as to why Johnson has refused to reveal the contents of the report into Russian meddling in UK politics ahead of the GE date might want to take a look at this . Very revealing. 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/11/09/russian-influence-in-britain-what-johnson-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

It seems that The Times is doing a piece on the ISC report tomorrow

Breaking - 9 Russian businessmen who gave money to the Conservative party are named in a secret intelligence report on the threats posed to UK democracy which was suppressed last week by Downing Street. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times story with @cazjwheeler
Oligarchs and other wealthy Tory donors were included in the report on illicit Russian activities in Britain by the cross-party intelligence & security select committee (ISC), whose publication was blocked last week by No10. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times 
Some Russian donors are personally close to the prime minister, including Alexander Temerko, who had close links to the Kremlin’s defence industry, and who has spoken warmly of his “friend” Boris Johnson. He has donated over £1.2m to the Tories over the past 7 years.
MPs on the intelligence committee were also briefed on concerns regarding Alexander Lebedev, the former KGB spy who was allowed to buy the London Evening Standard newspaper. Alexander’s son Evgeny has hosted prime minister Boris Johnson at his Italian estate near Perugia
When he was foreign secretary, Johnson travelled to the Lebedev’s Italian estate in April 2018 - apparently without the close protection police officers that normally accompany senior ministers of state. He was photographed by tourists at the local airport looking worse for wear.
It is not known whether the Russian Tory donors are mentioned in main ISC report, or the classified annex. Britain’s intel agencies are understood to be “furious” at the failure to publish as all necessary steps to protect national security have been taken. See tomorrow’s ST

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

51 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

He'll be the fall guy for all this. 😁😁

He might have other problems to worry about. 

:verysmug:

annushorribilis III
36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It seems that The Times is doing a piece on the ISC report tomorrow

Breaking - 9 Russian businessmen who gave money to the Conservative party are named in a secret intelligence report on the threats posed to UK democracy which was suppressed last week by Downing Street. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times story with @cazjwheeler
Oligarchs and other wealthy Tory donors were included in the report on illicit Russian activities in Britain by the cross-party intelligence & security select committee (ISC), whose publication was blocked last week by No10. See tomorrow’s Sunday Times 
Some Russian donors are personally close to the prime minister, including Alexander Temerko, who had close links to the Kremlin’s defence industry, and who has spoken warmly of his “friend” Boris Johnson. He has donated over £1.2m to the Tories over the past 7 years.
MPs on the intelligence committee were also briefed on concerns regarding Alexander Lebedev, the former KGB spy who was allowed to buy the London Evening Standard newspaper. Alexander’s son Evgeny has hosted prime minister Boris Johnson at his Italian estate near Perugia
When he was foreign secretary, Johnson travelled to the Lebedev’s Italian estate in April 2018 - apparently without the close protection police officers that normally accompany senior ministers of state. He was photographed by tourists at the local airport looking worse for wear.
It is not known whether the Russian Tory donors are mentioned in main ISC report, or the classified annex. Britain’s intel agencies are understood to be “furious” at the failure to publish as all necessary steps to protect national security have been taken. See tomorrow’s ST

From Twitter, Mark Urban , BBC.....

As Dominic Grieve acknowledged to

@BBCNewsnight

last night, there’s a real risk the Russia report will not now be published at all. If the chair and much of the Intelligence & Security Cttee change after the election they may chose not to publish it

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Salmond appearances on Russia Today is the least of the worries about Alex Salmond. 

Seriously man I really don’t give a monkeys but I remember the pathetic attempts to outrage us at the time. If they hadn’t went on and on and on nobody would’ve cared or even knew it was on. 
If salmond is guilty of what he’s accused of I hope he gets what he deserves but I honestly couldn’t care less, it really matters not despite unionists believing it will somehow derail Scottish independence and you’ll all get to stop shiteing yourselves and go back to constant labour drones in Scotland. Salmond had a high opinion of himself that’s not in doubt but whatever happens to him is his problem. 
It won’t stop Scotland regaining its backbone. It’s coming down the tracks. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You don't really give a monkeys? 

It seems like you give a monkeys.

I give a monkeys about Scotland yeah. Salmond? Not a monkeys😄

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Me, and probably a lot of people in Scotland, know exactly what you mean when you re-write history. I worry you don't. 

:orly?:
I bid you goodnight friend.

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

"Our fascist media". There certainly are some mentally challenged out there including some who don't know what fascist means.

Whom are you referring to? The Tories and Brits in general appear to be creating a fascist state. I hate the UK at the moment. 

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Me, and probably a lot of people in Scotland, know exactly what you mean when you re-write history. I worry you don't. 

Salmond will go through the due process of his trial and the outcome will be what it will be. 

The continual movement towards Scottish independence won't stop either way. The characters involved will come and go but the destination will not change. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This seems to be an attempt to break the world record for candidates forced to stand down due to racist/anti-Semitic comments made in the past. Politics seems to attract a proper shower of shite.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This seems to be an attempt to break the world record for candidates forced to stand down due to racist/anti-Semitic comments made in the past. Politics seems to attract a proper shower of shite.

Lots don’t learn from other’s mistakes.

No surprise there.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Lots don’t learn from other’s mistakes.

No surprise there.

Exactly, it is staggering the number of people who have written something in the past, something which has come back to haunt others, that somehow they seem to think that the same or similar will not affect them in the same way.

On 07/11/2019 at 17:19, RobboM said:

... and cover up the report on Russian interference in the Brexit referendum

Keeping people in ignorance is almost offical Johnson Government policy

... and the report on Government finances

... and another

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/police-probe-jennifer-arcuri-scandal-shelved-after-election-920617?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=ijp

8 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here? Our democratic process is being starved of real information or kept in the dark and fed shit

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/infowars-unit-attacked-jeremy-corbyn-20849892.amp?__twitter_impression=true

dobmisterdobster

Instead of taking personal responsibility over the failure of the pro-Remain campaign. People still choose to blame outside forces like Putin.

11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Instead of taking personal responsibility over the failure of the pro-Remain campaign. People still choose to blame outside forces like Putin.

No, I blame Cameron for sacrificing the country to save the Tory party

maroonlegions
39 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Bojo at it again and people actually want this buffoon as PM of the UK.:cornette:

4 hours ago, RobboM said:

No, I blame Cameron for sacrificing the country to save the Tory party

I never really get this argument. Cameron gave the public a referendum. 

It was the people that voted to leave the EU not Cameron. 

6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I never really get this argument. Cameron gave the public a referendum. 

It was the people that voted to leave the EU not Cameron. 

The argument is that the EU membership was not a major issue as far as the public were concerned. It was, however, a major issue as far as a small number of increasingly obsessed Eurosceptic Tory MPs were concerned. Cameron was concerned about losing a couple of MPs to either their own Brexit extreme wing, or possibly a couple of seats to UKIP. Either way it was largely a fringe issue in British politics and not worth the extensive division and enormous cost, financial and reputational to the UK. In other words a tiny tactical sop to the Eurosceptics ended with an enormous strategic disaster for the country.

On 09/11/2019 at 06:18, frankblack said:

:rofl:

The Lib Dems will walk Edinburgh West.  I don't agree with their policies but they have no chance of winning the election but can do your lot significant damage.

The hypocrisy in the Nats launch yesterday was staggering - vote for them to stop brexit and protect the Scottish economy while brushing over the fact the economy will be irreparably damaged by Independence, the uncertainty on currency, hard border with England etc.

:jj_facepalm:

Aye, Scotland without Westminster is shite eh?

15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Could be (yet another) bad week for Boris and the nasty party:

9CAB0466-A049-4ACF-A1BF-9459A1FAB529.jpeg

Lets just hope there is no news to break about upcoming court cases in Scotland. 🤣

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Exactly how is that reply relevant to the post you quoted?

:conspiracy:

Is English your second language Frank?

:cornette:

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lets just hope there is no news to break about upcoming court cases in Scotland. 🤣

Aye so interference from a foreign country to influence an election and a corrupt UK government is not a serious issue.
An ex first minister accused of sexual harassment is what we should all be concerned with.
Clearly. 

42 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Could be (yet another) bad week for Boris and the nasty party:

9CAB0466-A049-4ACF-A1BF-9459A1FAB529.jpeg

Private Eye have been investigating the activities of the Conservative Party Treasurer for quite a while now. This investigation was shortlisted for the Paul Foot Awards for investigative journalism.

Since this episode back in March the man at the centre of the investigation into offshore funding was knighted in Teresa May's resignation honours list

The Tories are corrupt beyond belief, will likely win the election and when the truth comes out (far too late for it to matter) will likely just shrug it off.

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/eyeplayer/play-357

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye so interference from a foreign country to influence an election and a corrupt UK government is not a serious issue.
An ex first minister accused of sexual harassment is what we should all be concerned with.
Clearly. 

19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is English your second language Frank?

:cornette:

I repeat my previous post.  Don't think you will find more conspiracy theories on a UFO messageboard.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I repeat my previous post.  Don't think you will find more conspiracy theories on a UFO messageboard.

Thing is, Russian interference and a corrupt tory party is probably NOT a conspiracy. At all. 

But hey, deflection works though eh?

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

An official report into foreign money influencing our democratic elections - you don't think we should all care that the government is suppressing it in the lead up to an election?

The choice seems to be:

The Conservatives - who want to pursue a ruinous far right agenda including a no deal Brexit

Labour - who want to pursue a ruinous far left (in relative terms) agenda of nationalisation and higher taxation

The Lib Dems - who have no chance of being elected and want to simply override the EU referendum

The SNP who want to pursue a divisive and disruptive further independence referendum

It's the most truly awful choice that has perhaps ever been presented to the electorate.

3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The choice seems to be:

The Conservatives - who want to pursue a ruinous far right agenda including a no deal Brexit

Labour - who want to pursue a ruinous far left (in relative terms) agenda of nationalisation and higher taxation

The Lib Dems - who have no chance of being elected and want to simply override the EU referendum

The SNP who want to pursue a divisive and disruptive further independence referendum

It's the most truly awful choice that has perhaps ever been presented to the electorate.

Awful isn't it. If only we had taken power and control into our own in hands in 2014 then perhaps we'd just be an amused by stander... 🤔

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

An official report into foreign money influencing our democratic elections - you don't think we should all care that the government is suppressing it in the lead up to an election?

These parties are all funded by people with something to gain - Labour by the unions, Tories by business.  Its always been that way in my lifetime.

The tories lost their majority last election which is why this past parliament has been a shambles.  If foreign money was supposed to be benefitting the tories it isn't working.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

These parties are all funded by people with something to gain - Labour by the unions, Tories by business.  Its always been that way in my lifetime.

The tories lost their majority last election which is why this past parliament has been a shambles.  If foreign money was supposed to be benefitting the tories it isn't working.

And that's why you dont care that the government is suppressing an official report into foreign influence in our democratic elections? Seriously?

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And that's why you dont care that the government is suppressing an official report into foreign influence in our democratic elections? Seriously?

It doesn't bother me.

I am more bothered by the SNP suppressing an official enquiry into the Sick Kids fiasco and the upcoming court case.

Edited by frankblack

25 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It doesn't bother me.

I am more bothered by the SNP suppressing an official enquiry into the Sick Kids fiasco and the upcoming court case.

Jesus

51 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Jesus

Thanks, but that's not my name. 👍

The party facing the biggest sleaze allegation just now isn't the government at Westminster.

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

With the help of the Tory controlled media. 

This will be buried and 'big' story about the Royal family will conveniently break. 

3 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Awful isn't it. If only we had taken power and control into our own in hands in 2014 then perhaps we'd just be an amused by stander... 🤔

Why people in Scotland still want to remain part of the farce that is the UK is incredible.

I think it's just fear of change .

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

It doesn't bother me.

How have they suppressed an official enquiry?

3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

How have they suppressed an official enquiry?

Not suppressed but refused to allow one.

The details already in the public domain show a staggering level of incompetence at the expense of the public purse.

This is a party that aspires to be independent  and have full fiscal control! :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

It doesn't bother me.

:rofl:

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

Why people in Scotland still want to remain part of the farce that is the UK is incredible.

I think it's just fear of change .

Next time round, I think enough people  will change their mind/bite the bullet on the issue. 

The problem is getting the go ahead for a vote in the first place. 

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

The details already in the public domain show a staggering level of incompetence at the expense of the public purse.

This is a party that aspires to be independent  and have full fiscal control! :rofl:

This is a COUNTRY that aspires to be independent

11 hours ago, frankblack said:

Thanks, but that's not my name. 👍

The party facing the biggest sleaze allegation just now isn't the government at Westminster.

:vrwow:

Not enough of these :gok:

Typical head buried in the sand from the "Scotland is shite" brigade.

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

Contracts for non existent ferries?

31 Oct 50p coins?

Brexit public awareness advertising campaign?

Just in the past few months

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Contracts for non existent ferries?

31 Oct 50p coins?

Brexit public awareness advertising campaign?

Just in the past few months

We should of course, as members of a democratic society, be able to criticise anything and everything that governments fail on, and demand better--local councils on up to the top.

What you're highlighting here though, and which is consistently on show, is one poster, quite representative of the whole who are always, always, willing to gloss over or flat out ignore the failings of their favourites, while amplifying any criticisms, legitimate or not, against those they don't like.

@Smithee's exasperated response unfortunately sums up the ultimate result. There's no sign they ever listen, or have any desire to give any issues an actual fair shake. It harms the entire system, this blinkeredness, because it prevents regular people like us from having a sensible discussion. Still, for the sake of the lurkers, pointing out the hypocrisy and letting it crumble under its own weight is the best that can be done.

The Tories trying to say or imply they would stop prosecutions of UK soldiers for events pre 2000 is all very well.

But actually doing it is virtually impossible. What they need to do is work harder to to get an agreement in N.Ireland to draw a line under it all. Perhaps do what they did in South Africa and let people say what they did for reconciliation. 

Because the general view I hear from N.Ireland is all these things including investigating UK forces helping Protestant paramilitaries isn't helping everyone move on. 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

75264957_10157642480757629_3382831472007

Theres no accountability in the press. I'm all for freedom of speech and opinion but they just take the piss now.

We are discussing this on here but who else will be? They know they can get away with shite like this.

£10.50/hour is "more ambitions" as its the nasty lizard party but Labour's £10 an hour will "cost millions of Britons their jobs and destroy the efforts to get employment levels to record highs"

Tories and their supporters - Hypocrites.

Again, not enough of these: :facepalm:

Edited by Pans Jambo

12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Theres no accountability in the press. I'm all for freedom of speech and opinion but they just take the piss now.

We are discussing this on here but who else will be? They know they can get away with shite like this.

£10.50/hour is "more ambitions" as its the nasty lizard party but Labour's £10 an hour will "cost millions of Britons their jobs and destroy the efforts to get employment levels to record highs"

Tories and their supporters - Hypocrites.

Again, not enough of these: :facepalm:

Nor the BBC

Of course this is a trivial incident and I do not believe for one moment that Boris Johnson was intending any disrespect at all by laying his wreath upside down BUT why on earth would the BBC look to deliberately cover up this tiny gaffe?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-bbc-uses-old-footage-20858947