General Election 2019

Shanks said no

dobmisterdobster
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

LibDem policy alert - will block a second Independence Referendum. 

(A policy that would help them in an alliance or coalition with the Conservatives) 

Fair play.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

34 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Maybe mixing up referenda? The SNP were officially against joining the EC back in the day, as were Plaid Cymru

She definitely wasn't getting mixed up, as she said the EU referendum by name, besides there wasn't a referendum on our joining what was then the EEC back in 1972-73, Westminster decided it, the electorate didn't get a say on our joining.

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That useless, lying bint is my MP! 

Safe Lib Dem seat, mate. 👍

She will get my vote and everyone in my family in Edinburgh West to keep out the nats.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She definitely wasn't getting mixed up, as she said the EU referendum by name, besides there wasn't a referendum on our joining what was then the EEC back in 1972-73, Westminster decided it, the electorate didn't get a say on our joining.

You are splitting hairs there.  Labour invoked a referendum just after that as to whether to remain.

manaliveits105

Watching Surgeon on news it seems snp have abandoned all policies except keep the Tories out and are happy to prostitute themselves with any party to try and achieve this

Its gonna bite them on the bum big time 

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are splitting hairs there.  Labour invoked a referendum just after that as to whether to remain.

Not splitting hairs at all, the question was whether she was getting mixed up with her referendums.

Kinda bit of a time difference from the '75 referendum to either the 2014 Indy ref or the 2016 EU ref, besides Christine Jardine was only 14 at the time of the '75 referendum, so I think we can discount that one for her to be getting mixed up about, and she specifically mentioned the 2016 EU referendum that the SNP only joined the remain side after the result, which as we all know is complete and utter tosh.

SectionDJambo
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Voting%20intention%20by%20age%20October%

Over 50s are a ****Ing disgrace.

It's probably the case that, whilst people are starting out their working life, they are more concerned about workers' rights than their pension funds. As they get older, they start to worry more about their pension fund. Near the end of their working life, they don't give a hoot about workers' rights, but get interested in their pension pot. The Tories are regarded as being good for private pensions, rightly or wrongly, whilst Labour not so much, but good for workers rights. You would think, though, that 60s and over would expect Labour to provide more state pension that the Conservatives.

I have a mate who has voted Labour all his life and went on strike at various times to fight for his rights at work. He's now retired and voted Leave. When I asked him about the threat to the current UK workers rights, without the EU to keep a right wing Tory government in check, he happily said it wasn't his concern anymore.

People will vote to look after themselves and what they think are their interests.

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Watching Surgeon on news it seems snp have abandoned all policies except keep the Tories out and are happy to prostitute themselves with any party to try and achieve this

:cornette_dog:

15 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It's probably the case that, whilst people are starting out their working life, they are more concerned about workers' rights than their pension funds. As they get older, they start to worry more about their pension fund. Near the end of their working life, they don't give a hoot about workers' rights, but get interested in their pension pot. The Tories are regarded as being good for private pensions, rightly or wrongly, whilst Labour not so much, but good for workers rights. You would think, though, that 60s and over would expect Labour to provide more state pension that the Conservatives.

I have a mate who has voted Labour all his life and went on strike at various times to fight for his rights at work. He's now retired and voted Leave. When I asked him about the threat to the current UK workers rights, without the EU to keep a right wing Tory government in check, he happily said it wasn't his concern anymore.

People will vote to look after themselves and what they think are their interests.

(some) Over 50s are a ****Ing disgrace.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Is it aye?

Dirty tricks in full swing.

Hindus across the UK are receiving whatsapp messages claiming Labour is anti-Hindu and anybody voting Labour is a traitor to India.

:vrface:

Cummings putting the hours in, it seems.

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Dirty tricks in full swing.

Hindus across the UK are receiving whatsapp messages claiming Labour is anti-Hindu and anybody voting Labour is a traitor to India.

:vrface:

Cummings putting the hours in, it seems.

Time to introduce "strict liability", start with fines, then take seats off them. It's the only way they'll learn! 😉

6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Voting%20intention%20by%20age%20October%

Over 50s are a ****Ing disgrace.

The older people are the more personal wealth they tend to enjoy. Coupled with the other chart we can see that stupid old people are greedy and in turn vote Tory. 

6 hours ago, Cade said:

Climate change and the hard winters that come with it will cull the Tory base.

Silver linings and all that, eh?

::troll::

I'm praying for an icy election day to keep them all at home by the fire.

33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm praying for an icy election day to keep them all at home by the fire.

Probably be their last winter if the Tories get back in. They should enjoy keeping the fire on while they can afford to. 

4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Probably be their last winter if the Tories get back in. They should enjoy keeping the fire on while they can afford to. 

The election launch from the nats looked extremely desperate - the last throw of the dice from a party that has no policies other than Independence and a shoddy record in government.

The hypocrisy of Sturgeon going on about the damage Brexit to the Scottish Economy when she is proposing to pull us out of the UK.   If the SNP are the No Brexit party I guess the rest of the parties must be No Independence and that is how the partizan campaign will line up.

There are almost no permutations of General Election result which will give them an Indy Ref 2 vote.  Lib Dems will veto it before doing any deal with other parties, Tories will veto it, and Labour are unelectable.

Francis Albert

The Lib Dem leader's claim that the SNP should give up its "obsession" with independence rates, even  in the current  sea of political mediocrity, as one of the stupidest remarks from.a politician, let alone a party leader, in recent times.

33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Lib Dem leader's claim that the SNP should give up its "obsession" with independence rates, even  in the current  sea of political mediocrity, as one of the stupidest remarks from.a politician, let alone a party leader, in recent times.

Anyone planning to vote Lib Dem needs their head looked at

Swinson also said that the SNP has only been obsessing about Independence for the last 8 years.

It's been the central aim of the party since it was formed in 1934 ya clueless bint.

I'd love to see her lose her seat.

Love it.

CircularFaintBats-small.gif

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yep. The Lib Dems need to give up their obsession with thinking they are a serious political party with any beliefs of their own. Cameron wants us to prop him up. OK. Corbyn. Probably. The SNP at Holyroood in  the future. Well of course.

Edited by Francis Albert

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

Safe Lib Dem seat, mate. 👍

She will get my vote and everyone in my family in Edinburgh West to keep out the nats.

Not the brightest. Supporting liars and moronic beliefs. Libdems are as poisonous as any unionist party. I presume your family are not particularly discerning and just anti SNP for no real reason? No answer required. 

I was in a wee restaurant tonight in West Edinburgh and over heard 2 Edinburgh Rugby fans discussing politics. "Nicola Sturgeon has played a blinder with Brexit" was one of the things they said. They also said if the currency and border stuff was sorted then more or less we'd be independent. There's a definite shift in opinion. Even my wife who's a no voter thinks it could happen because of Johnson. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not the brightest. Supporting liars and moronic beliefs. Libdems are as poisonous as any unionist party. I presume your family are not particularly discerning and just anti SNP for no real reason? No answer required. 

I was in a wee restaurant tonight in West Edinburgh and over heard 2 Edinburgh Rugby fans discussing politics. "Nicola Sturgeon has played a blinder with Brexit" was one of the things they said. They also said if the currency and border stuff was sorted then more or less we'd be independent. There's a definite shift in opinion. Even my wife who's a no voter thinks it could happen because of Johnson. 

If the currency and border stuff could be  sorted seems a pretty big if

Francis Albert
14 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Its cliche central with the publicity shots just now   I saw her  dancing and trying to look like she was enjoying herself  bullshit 

The level of political debate has never been too high but we are currently plumbing new depths. The mainstream media is bad enough but the internet where most now get their "news" is just awful. Actually frighteningly so

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

LibDem policy alert - will block a second Independence Referendum. 

(A policy that would help them in an alliance or coalition with the Conservatives) 

The Lib Dems are a farce of a party and anyone agreeing with their Brexit and Scottish Independence positions is a hypocrite.

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

100% agree. Jo Swinson is utterly appaling.

On another note, the folk on here trying to convince themselves the SNP will do anything bar increase their seat count are going to be pretty disappointed. Like it or lump it but the SNP will be the winning party in Scotland at every election until independence eventually happens.

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

I might vote Lib Dem. My main rationale is to keep the Tories out in my constituency and I will vote any centre or left party that gives that a greater chance. I've always tactically voted in our first past the post system - it's the only rational response.

5 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

:rofl:

The Lib Dems will walk Edinburgh West.  I don't agree with their policies but they have no chance of winning the election but can do your lot significant damage.

The hypocrisy in the Nats launch yesterday was staggering - vote for them to stop brexit and protect the Scottish economy while brushing over the fact the economy will be irreparably damaged by Independence, the uncertainty on currency, hard border with England etc.

:jj_facepalm:

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If the currency and border stuff could be  sorted seems a pretty big if

I think these can be sorted, no problem. The issue is Westminster and its lack of maturity also the way the MSM propaganda portray it! 

I couldn't care less what currency we use, if it's sterling(which won't be worth much without Scotland) or the euro. Continental Europe manage fine with borders. If only we could get grown up actions like the Czechs and Slovaks with their "velvet divorce" but we've got to deal with obnoxious Westminster, Sky, BBC and the rest! 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The Lib Dems will walk Edinburgh West.  I don't agree with their policies but they have no chance of winning the election but can do your lot significant damage.

The hypocrisy in the Nats launch yesterday was staggering - vote for them to stop brexit and protect the Scottish economy while brushing over the fact the economy will be irreparably damaged by Independence, the uncertainty on currency, hard border with England etc.

Morning Frank. 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The only damage being done to Scotland is being part of the union. Tell us about the time you voted yes, again.

Oh and you said you and your family will vote yes, making the Libdems unbeatable. Is constituency in a gypsie camp?

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The only damage being done to Scotland is being part of the union. Tell us about the time you voted yes, again.

Oh and you said you and your family will vote yes, making the Libdems unbeatable. Is constituency in a gypsie camp?

Go back to bed, Aussie! :rofl:

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You been here all night, Roxy? 🤔

Just woke up as couldn't sleep. Had a lovely curry last night and got breath like a lib dem politician's armpit! You may be correct about Lib Dems in EWest and it's extremely frustrating! Scotland is quite capable of self governance and managing it's resources. The SNP will win Scottish elections for ever more which is great as couldn't suffer Westminster as their asset stripping and ignorance of us is and would be unbearable. I mean for goodness sake, do you really believe Swinson, Jardine, Cole-Hamilton, Corbyn and Johnson have Scottish interests at heart? If you do, your a lost cause. I think we could do so much better. 

I think, if as expected, SNP win in scotland and the tories win down south, we will see further shifts to the yes side. I also think we will see public figures who were previously for NO come out and declare their support for another referendum. 

In such a situation, the lib dem's position will be unsustainable. 

Edited by jambogaza

9 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I think, if as expected, SNP win in scotland and the tories win down south, we will see further shifts to the yes side. I also think we will see public figures who were previously for NO come out and declare their support for another referendum. 

In such a situation, the lib dem's position will be unsustainable. 

But hey, at least they'll always have Edinburgh West :lol:

9 hours ago, Cade said:

Swinson also said that the SNP has only been obsessing about Independence for the last 8 years.

It's been the central aim of the party since it was formed in 1934 ya clueless bint.

I'd love to see her lose her seat.

Love it.

CircularFaintBats-small.gif

I’m a Lib Dem voter, but I’d love to see her lose her seat as well.  She’s the weak link, utterly hopeless.  

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

I might vote Lib Dem. My main rationale is to keep the Tories out in my constituency and I will vote any centre or left party that gives that a greater chance. I've always tactically voted in our first past the post system - it's the only rational response.

Keep Tories out or help get them in? I thought about it as well in fairness as I want to Remain but I don't trust them to deliver even if the won the damn thing.

My constituency will return a Conservative whatever I vote sadly. 

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Just woke up as couldn't sleep. Had a lovely curry last night and got breath like a lib dem politician's armpit! You may be correct about Lib Dems in EWest and it's extremely frustrating! Scotland is quite capable of self governance and managing it's resources. The SNP will win Scottish elections for ever more which is great as couldn't suffer Westminster as their asset stripping and ignorance of us is and would be unbearable. I mean for goodness sake, do you really believe Swinson, Jardine, Cole-Hamilton, Corbyn and Johnson have Scottish interests at heart? If you do, your a lost cause. I think we could do so much better. 

Can't stand Swinson.  I would find it amusing if she lost her seat - she seems unhinged, and perhaps needs to take up a less stressful occupation. 

Jardine and Cole-Hamilton do decent work for the constituency tbf - particularly on local issues.  The SNP did **** all when they held those seats.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Can't stand Swinson.  I would find it amusing if she lost her seat - she seems unhinged, and perhaps needs to take up a less stressful occupation. 

Jardine and Cole-Hamilton do decent work for the constituency tbf - particularly on local issues.  The SNP did **** all when they held those seats.

I liked Michelle Thomson. She was castigated for nothing. I understood why the SNP didn't support her as they should have as our fascist media are bad enough with their contorted hypocrisy about them. We need balance in a democracy and we certainly don't have that in the UK. There are a lot of mentally challenged out there who haven't a clue about politics, my wife and her friends worry me! Intelligent women but their lack of knowledge is almost a joke! 

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I liked Michelle Thomson. She was castigated for nothing. I understood why the SNP didn't support her as they should have as our fascist media are bad enough with their contorted hypocrisy about them. We need balance in a democracy and we certainly don't have that in the UK. There are a lot of mentally challenged out there who haven't a clue about politics, my wife and her friends worry me! Intelligent women but their lack of knowledge is almost a joke! 

"Our fascist media". There certainly are some mentally challenged out there including some who don't know what fascist means.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

If anyone is interested as to why Johnson has refused to reveal the contents of the report into Russian meddling in UK politics ahead of the GE date might want to take a look at this . Very revealing. 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/11/09/russian-influence-in-britain-what-johnson-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

Aye but did you ken Salmond does a tv programme on a Russian tv channel likes? What about that eh?! 

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye but did you ken Salmond does a tv programme on a Russian tv channel likes? What abouthat eh?! 

He'll be the fall guy for all this. 😁😁