General Election 2019

Shanks said no

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I find Jo Swinson’s chest extraordinarily distracting 

Agree.  Saw her done up in lothian road earlier this year....  Looked great  :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Time you got your eyes tested mate. She looks like a feckin Clydesdale with tits. 

39 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

In keeping with recent behaviour I will not be respecting the result of the general election.

Unless my party wins.

I wouldn't worry too much. You'll get another chance in 2 years time 😋

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I wouldn't worry too much. You'll get another chance in 2 years time 😋

Agreed but I don't want any party getting in until then, put it all on hold.

Scottish Tories underline that they are now nothing but a single-issue party of protest who's only policy is "independence never"

dicks

Edited by Cade

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, hueyview said:

Every time I see her face I'm reminded of Shrek. 

dobmisterdobster
45 minutes ago, Cade said:

Scottish Tories underline that they are now nothing but a single-issue party of protest who's only policy is "independence never"

dicks

They are the only party standing up for the union.

Trapper John McIntyre
47 minutes ago, Cade said:

dicks

Scottish Natz  underline that they are now and always have been nothing but a single-issue party of protest who's only policy is "independence"

cocks

Brighton Jambo
8 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Who else would have been in government instead?

If those seats had gone to labour or SNP then labour could have formed a pact with SNP, had more seats than Tories and formed a minority government.    Even with DUP seats Tories couldn’t have matched that figure.  

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, Cade said:

Scotland voted 55% to remain in the UK but 62% to remain in the EU.

Square that circle, if you can

7 hours ago, Cade said:

Scotland voted 55% to remain in the UK but 62% to remain in the EU.

Square that circle, if you can.

But how many voted remain to avoid a push for second independence referendum.  My and my family voted to remain as I could see this sort of scenario happening.  I don’t want to leave EU but doing so wouldn’t make me now vote for independence.

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

After Independence, there will be no need for the SNP, they will have achieved their objective. 

Nobody can honestly believe they will just all ride off into the sunset. This is something that is said to try and appease no voters who don’t want a future dominated by the SNP

18 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

No, more like inaccurate, and old fashioned. 

Nope!

its cock on!

I will go further and say if you vote tory in Scotland youre a James Hunt. If youre a tory member then youre a very special type of James Hunt.
Even UKIP are not as bad as that filth!

No debate required thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Nobody can honestly believe they will just all ride off into the sunset. This is something that is said to try and appease no voters who don’t want a future dominated by the SNP

There wouldn’t be an SNP. Like there wouldn’t be a Tory Unionist Party or a Scottish Labour Regional Office in an Independent Scotland. 

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

There wouldn’t be an SNP. Like there wouldn’t be a Tory Unionist Party or a Scottish Labour Regional Office in an Independent Scotland. 

Exactly.

Some folk just don’t get it.

Naivety at its best.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Time you got your eyes tested mate. She looks like a feckin Clydesdale with tits. 

That's really unfair to Clydesdales.

Why would the Brexit Party do this when they allegedly hate the deal Johnson got and want a "Clean"* Brexit?

*It's not clean and only idiots or liars think otherwise 

dobmisterdobster

The SNP will continue under a new name and will continue to be run by Sturgeon and her entourage.

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly.

Some folk just don’t get it.

Naivety at its best.

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Why would the Brexit Party do this when they allegedly hate the deal Johnson got and want a "Clean"* Brexit?

It's either this or spoil the election for Boris and put JC in No 10.

I'm not sure Farage wants to be remembered for that.

7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I find Jo Swinson’s chest extraordinarily distracting 

She looks like an Aardman animation

Image result for aardman animation stone age  female character images

4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The SNP will continue under a new name and will continue to be run by Sturgeon and her entourage.

They may well do that but they won’t be the SNP if that objective is satisfied. They’ll be a party like any other who will be elected IF people like their manifesto.  Doesn’t necessarily mean people will vote for them. I certainly wouldn’t if there was a party that had a manifesto that better suited me.  

To insist that Nicola will be a de facto dictator for years/decades post independence, as some have insinuated, is absolute nonsense. It will be up to the people of Scotland. 

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

She looks like an Aardman animation

Image result for aardman animation stone age  female character images

I realise from numerous comments from fellow posters that her face may not be everyone’s cup of tea, not something I ever pay much attention to.

I received my first election flyers through the door today, both from the Liberals. Jo had 6 photos in one. 

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I realise from numerous comments from fellow posters that her face may not be everyone’s cup of tea, not something I ever pay much attention to.

I received my first election flyers through the door today, both from the Liberals. Jo had 6 photos in one. 

Her eyes are really close together. My daughter, first ever vote was Lib Dems to keep a Tory out. They won then went into partnership wi the Tories. She's never forgiven em and neither would I

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You might be right. They may also think they can get their neoliberal dream of a no deal Brexit with the failure of the UK to get a Free Trade Deal by the end of 2020.

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Farage, man of the people, man of his word, doesn't play games like the establishment politicians he despises said that unless there was a no deal Brexit he would arrange for Brexit Co. Ltd to contest every seat in the UK.

So, if he stands down candidates or puts up candidates that don't campaign then we must assume that Johnson has promised a no deal bill if a Tory majority and drop his dcurrent deal.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

You might be right. They may also think they can get their neoliberal dream of a no deal Brexit with the failure of the UK to get a Free Trade Deal by the end of 2020.

Suggests that is the plan and Boris / Cummings have promised it. 

Jambo, Goodbye
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If those seats had gone to labour or SNP then labour could have formed a pact with SNP, had more seats than Tories and formed a minority government.    Even with DUP seats Tories couldn’t have matched that figure.  

I see what your saying,  except I don't think your numbers add up correctly. Had Scotland not voted any Tory MPs. They still would have been the largest party with 304 members. So normally they would be claiming the right to make a coalition. 

They could then have 314 with DUP.

Give Scotland's vote to labour or the SNP and that coalition is only 310 if my math is correct. So I can't accept your assertion that we influenced that election. 

Either way,  you're basically suggesting that Scotland has influenced four elections since 1945, and not three,  which is what I stated. I'm not sure this changes my initial point in even the slightest bit. 

Shanks said no

Nicky Morgan has announced she will not stand again as an MP.
Mrs Morgan, who is currently the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, has represented Loughborough since the 2010 election.

dobmisterdobster
18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Farage, man of the people, man of his word, doesn't play games like the establishment politicians he despises said that unless there was a no deal Brexit he would arrange for Brexit Co. Ltd to contest every seat in the UK.

So, if he stands down candidates or puts up candidates that don't campaign then we must assume that Johnson has promised a no deal bill if a Tory majority and drop his dcurrent deal.

Its all about returning pro Brexit MPs to Westminster. There is no pact. Farage realises that taking 5-10% off the Tories in every seat isn't very smart and will make him the villain.

9 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Its all about returning pro Brexit MPs to Westminster. There is no pact. Farage realises that taking 5-10% off the Tories in every seat isn't very smart and will make him the villain.

Absolutely.

Playing politique.

Early messages even today should give an outline of the parties' key focus and strategy though that will take time to fully emerge. It is like watching a play or a film. 

Events though and how voters respond are the unknowns. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Brighton Jambo
11 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I see what your saying,  except I don't think your numbers add up correctly. Had Scotland not voted any Tory MPs. They still would have been the largest party with 304 members. So normally they would be claiming the right to make a coalition. 

They could then have 314 with DUP.

Give Scotland's vote to labour or the SNP and that coalition is only 310 if my math is correct. So I can't accept your assertion that we influenced that election. 

Either way,  you're basically suggesting that Scotland has influenced four elections since 1945, and not three,  which is what I stated. I'm not sure this changes my initial point in even the slightest bit. 

You might be right on the numbers to be fair.

what irritates me, and I’m not aiming this at you, is people who vote for SNP and then say they didn’t vote for the party in power.  The SNP can not form a Westminster government so if that what people want they should vote labour or conservative.  

I get why people vote for SNP and furthering the cause of independence but don’t then moan you didn’t get the Parliament in Westminster you voted for.  People can’t have it both ways.   

12 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Nicky Morgan has announced she will not stand again as an MP.
Mrs Morgan, who is currently the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, has represented Loughborough since the 2010 election.

Blamed abuse suffered.    Reality is there's an obvious alternative offer of 'employment' to revert to.    Same applies to Rudd.    

Take the overly generous MP resettlement grant and the consultancy postition / special adviser gig.

maroonlegions
On 29/10/2019 at 20:58, Gashauskis9 said:

Good evaluation chief.  Actually think Brexit Labour could go Brexit Party or Tory.  Only thing that’s certain is that Lib Dem and Brexit Party will do well and Labour will get pummelled.  There’s no way that the electorate will entertain the idea of a PM trying to renegotiate a deal even if the carrot is a 2nd referendum.  People’s Vote only has mileage if it’s the existing deal that is put to the people.  

Lib Dem stance is a strong one - vote for us if you want the whole thing revoked, with the plan B bring to support a People’s Vote.  That’s where my vote’s going. 

Yellow Tories all hoping for another pack with the nasty party, they were a part of austerity , cuts to the police ,fire stations and the NHS. These are the realities that i really hope anyone in the UK remembers before they  think of voting for LIb Tory Dems.

Swinson and the LDs have toned down the revoke message.    They're back to emphasising a peoples' vote instead.     Swinson has obviously been told by strategists that a position on the extreme viewpoint of Brexit is too limiting in appeal.

The objective is to make some small gains,   possibly enter government as the minor coalition party,   never have to enact anything they support.

As always.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Swinson and the LDs have toned down the revoke message.    They're back to emphasising a peoples' vote instead.     Swinson has obviously been told by strategists that a position on the extreme viewpoint of Brexit is too limiting in appeal.

The objective is to make some small gains,   possibly enter government as the minor coalition party,   never have to enact anything they support.

As always.

Perhaps the SNP should put candidates in the north of England. 

Lib Dems. Just why?

A Rabbi is advocating Jews tactically voting against Labour due to them being "a danger to the Jewish way of life as we know it".     

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Perhaps the SNP should put candidates in the north of England. 

Lib Dems. Just why?

The LD vote is a straight up and down statement vote.    Unless it's a tactical vote to deprive CON or LAB of a vote.

Easiest gig in Westminster politics.

Just now, Victorian said:

The LD vote is a straight up and down statement vote.    Unless it's a tactical vote to deprive CON or LAB of a vote.

Easiest gig in Westminster politics.

Complete waste of time party IMO. Never going to get into power unless they hang off the tory coat tails. Again.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Complete waste of time party IMO. Never going to get into power unless they hang off the tory coat tails. Again.

Clegg deciding to hang off the tory coat tails last time ****ed them as a political party because it's the opposite of what people who voted for them wanted them to do. 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Feet under the table.    Substantial additional ministerial pay.     Sit on their hands and abandon their own policies.     Facilitate Tory policies.    Crow about having reduced the extent of Tory policies (a lie).

Piece of piss.

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Feet under the table.    Substantial additional ministerial pay.     Sit on their hands and abandon their own policies.     Facilitate Tory policies.    Crow about having reduced the extent of Tory policies (a lie).

Piece of piss.

True. Easy money.

53 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Blamed abuse suffered.    Reality is there's an obvious alternative offer of 'employment' to revert to.    Same applies to Rudd.    

Take the overly generous MP resettlement grant and the consultancy postition / special adviser gig.

Seeing where all the MPs stepping down are and what they are doing will be informative.

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You might be right on the numbers to be fair.

what irritates me, and I’m not aiming this at you, is people who vote for SNP and then say they didn’t vote for the party in power.  The SNP can not form a Westminster government so if that what people want they should vote labour or conservative.  

I get why people vote for SNP and furthering the cause of independence but don’t then moan you didn’t get the Parliament in Westminster you voted for.  People can’t have it both ways.   

One thing's for sure,  nothing's ever simple in politics. It's just Game of Thrones but without any of the cool stuff.

maroonlegions

Outwith those who can AFFORD a private pension/s , the reality is that working classes voting Tory are like turkeys voting for Christmas.

If Boris wins.

They will be worse off and thats without  paying for an American style health insurance to cover medical , medicine and hospital  expenses if you get ill when Boris and Trump get their greasy hands on the NHS through its privatisation. 

And when they raise the retirement age to SEVENTY FIVE.

People really need to think before they even think about voting for this serial liar and his utter heartless millionaire cabinet. 

75246784_1016121798725275_6366473483634868224_n.png

Edited by maroonlegions