East of Scotland Leagues

systemx

Footballfirst

The Tay Bridge boundary only comes into play for clubs seeking to join the Lowland League.   For 95% of clubs seeking to join the EOS, the LL will be beyond them for several years.  Should a club become a contender a few years down the road, then the pyramid rules may have changed by then.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• RobboM

• Tasavallan

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The Tay Bridge boundary only comes into play for clubs seeking to join the Lowland League.   For 95% of clubs seeking to join the EOS, the LL will be beyond them for several years.  Should a club become a contender a few years down the road, then the pyramid rules may have changed by then.

Which makes a mockery of regionalisation. Clubs from the Borders and Lothians shouldn't have to travel further north just because the clubs in Tayside don't like where the border is.

There are more than enough clubs north of the Tay to make a proper feeder into the Highland league.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, HMS Jambo said:

Which makes a mockery of regionalisation. Clubs from the Borders and Lothians shouldn't have to travel further north just because the clubs in Tayside don't like where the border is.

There are more than enough clubs north of the Tay to make a proper feeder into the Highland league.

I don't think that the EOS has finalised its structure below tier 6 as yet, having voted to stick with conferences this season.  It may be that they end up with a premiership at tier 6, championship at tier 7 and regionalised leagues at tier 8, which could accommodate tin interests and abilities of clubs from Hawick to Brechin.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think that the EOS has finalised its structure below tier 6 as yet, having voted to stick with conferences this season.  It may be that they end up with a premiership at tier 6, championship at tier 7 and regionalised leagues at tier 8, which could accommodate tin interests and abilities of clubs from Hawick to Brechin.

I just don't see the point. If geographically they feed into the highland league, there should be a feeder North of Scotland league, that that can be regionalised below that.

By letting Tayside clubs in to the EOS it just creates more confusion and fudging later down the line.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"Could" but with 147 teams already in the Lowland League already vying for a single play off place against 17 teams in the Highland League vying for the same single play off place it already feels too lop sided. Time for the Highland League to step up and take some responsibility for feeder leagues in their region imo.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, HMS Jambo said:

I just don't see the point. If geographically they feed into the highland league, there should be a feeder North of Scotland league, that that can be regionalised below that.

By letting Tayside clubs in to the EOS it just creates more confusion and fudging later down the line.

The EOS has already admitted a club into it's ranks from north of the boundary line, Luncarty FC.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, RobboM said:

"Could" but with 147 teams already in the Lowland League already vying for a single play off place against 17 teams in the Highland League vying for the same single play off place it already feels too lop sided. Time for the Highland League to step up and take some responsibility for feeder leagues in their region imo.

That would need the NRJFA and the NCL leagues to join the pyramid, which they have chosen not to do as yet.

Pedant Edit: there are only 17 teams in the LL.   However 130 clubs in the LL's catchment area are seeking to reach the LL.

Edited by Footballfirst

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2021 at 19:02, RobboM said:

Where are you hearing this Tas? Most of the clubs from the East Region Juniors have already left to join the pyramid. From those remaining Whitburn have announced that they have applied but have so far left it open whether they apply to the East or the West. Livingston Utd applied too late for the EoS last season and are expected to see that through for next season. Lots of rumours about other West Lothian clubs but remember the East RegionJuniors includes clubs north of the Tay and therefore into Highland League territory. As the East league already stretches down to the border and beyond I can't see there being any appetite for league matches between sides based deep in the Borders and teams as far North as Forfar.

Apologies in taking so long to respond.  I heard it from the chairman of  a WL based juniors.  I believe it is only the 11 (?)  WL clubs in the Premier & Super leagues that have been speaking among themselves about moving.  As you say whether East or West is still to be decided.   Maybe the EOS will need additional conferences.   The Falkirk, Lanarkshire and Fife teams still to make a decision.

Footballfirst

The EOSFL and WOSFL have confirmed their geographical boundaries.

Bathgate Thistle have since confirmed that they have applied to join the EOSFL. I'd expect that the rest of the West Lothian Juniors to follow.

If the EOS leagues do not resume, then it may work in the W Lothian clubs' favour if they join the EOSFL in Tier 7 conferences, assuming they are retained for next season.

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Bathgate Thistle have since confirmed that they have applied to join the EOSFL. I'd expect that the rest of the West Lothian Juniors to follow.

If the EOS leagues do not resume, then it may work in the W Lothian clubs' favour if they join the EOSFL in Tier 7 conferences, assuming they are retained for next season.

Leagues Make Sensible Decision Shock!

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Leagues Make Sensible Decision Shock!

They have also confirmed the Tay Bridge boundary line of latitude as their northern limit, which will exclude the Dundee and Angus clubs from joining the EOSFL..

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

They have also confirmed the Tay Bridge boundary line of latitude as their northern limit, which will exclude the Dundee and Angus clubs from joining the EOSFL..

Where will they play?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Where will they play?

At the moment they are still Junior in the ERJFA, but if they wanted to join the pyramid, then they would have to create a new league as a feeder to, or apply directly to the Highland League.

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So if Brechin City bullied their way into the Lowland League and subsequently ended in the relegation spot ..... 😂

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Whitburn and other WL juniors are applying to join the seniors, the only thing outstanding was will it be EOSFL or WOSFL that they would be joining.   The question will be where will the Falkirk clubs go.

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Whitburn and other WL juniors are applying to join the seniors, the only thing outstanding was will it be EOSFL or WOSFL that they would be joining.   The question will be where will the Falkirk clubs go.

All W Lothian teams will apply to the East, same with Falkirk

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

So if Brechin City bullied their way into the Lowland League and subsequently ended in the relegation spot ..... 😂

Must admit, if I was involved with Brechin, I would be bullying my way into the Lowland.

Feck travelling to Wick, Brora, Fort William  etc.

Actually don't mind Brechin, would rather dump Albion Rovers or Cowdenbeath before them.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Must admit, if I was involved with Brechin, I would be bullying my way into the Lowland.

Feck travelling to Wick, Brora, Fort William  etc.

Actually don't mind Brechin, would rather dump Albion Rovers or Cowdenbeath before them.

It's 185 miles from Brechin to Dalbeattie Star, 150 miles to Berwick Rangers.
I'm sure Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath's time will come soon too but Brechin City sticks in the craw just now.

Tommy Brown
27 minutes ago, RobboM said:

It's 185 miles from Brechin to Dalbeattie Star, 150 miles to Berwick Rangers.
I'm sure Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath's time will come soon too but Brechin City sticks in the craw just now.

They're getting away with it, 2 years running.

Niemi’s gloves
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

To my mind this should also be the boundary between a Lowland League West and Lowland League East, with the latter extending to cover Dundee, Perthshire and Angus. That would create a three league structure at Level 5 of the Scottish game. As it’s now set up, and with the influx of junior clubs to the seniors, there is a huge imbalance between Highland and Lowland in terms of the number and quality of clubs who potentially aspire to those two leagues. Forcing Tayside clubs into the Highland region isn’t a way forward and ensures there are at least 4 SPFL clubs (Arbroath, Brechin, Montrose and Forfar) who will resist any moves to open up the game to greater movement between SPFL and the level below - something that is clearly desirable to create a proper pyramid system.

11 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To my mind this should also be the boundary between a Lowland League West and Lowland League East, with the latter extending to cover Dundee, Perthshire and Angus. That would create a three league structure at Level 5 of the Scottish game. As it’s now set up, and with the influx of junior clubs to the seniors, there is a huge imbalance between Highland and Lowland in terms of the number and quality of clubs who potentially aspire to those two leagues. Forcing Tayside clubs into the Highland region isn’t a way forward and ensures there are at least 4 SPFL clubs (Arbroath, Brechin, Montrose and Forfar) who will resist any moves to open up the game to greater movement between SPFL and the level below - something that is clearly desirable to create a proper pyramid system.

Agreed, 3 regions feels right for the geography of the country. Seems to date back to the inception of the pyramid where the SFA and SPFL clubs were concerned about the drop in status moving from a National league in Div 2 to a regional league and were pushing for a national league below L2. The Scottish Junior FA were already in the 3 regions you suggest and pushed for that structure. When they lost out the SJFA pretty much took their toys home and wouldn't play with the pyramid. We are where we are. From what I have seen there is very little leadership within SFA that would pull off a signifcant change.

Footballfirst

The WOSFL has intimated what they need to complete the season.  It's worth noting that they mention the LL playoffs.  Any club hoping to take part will have to be licensed (or at least have had their application approved, if not formally awarded by the SFA Board).

Footballfirst

The Lowland League is still mulling over how the season will conclude.

Here is an extract of an interview with Lowland League chairman George Fraser published in the Record.

George Fraser admits the latest Old Firm colts proposals and uncertainty over how League One and League Two will complete their season has left the Lowland League in the dark over its campaign.

The chairman of the fifth tier says it's a complicated picture for the setup as they try to map out their return to the field - and says they can't remain on the sidelines forever.

Fraser insists the Lowland League won't be imminently following the West of Scotland League decision earlier to announce the season will be declared null and void if they can't return to training by April 3.

And he says they are not about to follow suit because of the intricacies surrounding their position in the pyramid setup.

A proposal for Old Firm Colts to join the SPFL - and the fact League One and Two are yet to come to an agreement with the SPFL on the format for the remainder of their season - also muddies the waters in terms of the way forward.

So Fraser is now seeking clarification from the Scottish FA and Scottish Government on what the future holds for their clubs, who are still suspended from playing.

He told Lanarkshire Live Sport : "It's slightly more complicated for us [compared to the WOSL].

"We need to take into consideration potential play-offs between Lowland and Highland Leagues and League Two.

"We don't actually have clarification on what League One and Two are doing yet, so what they decide will offer us guidance as to the direction of travel for us.

"It would be wrong of us to put a date on any decision at the moment, but it is fair to say we can't go on forever.

"I think it's a case of being sensible and pragmatic about it and then taking a view on it.

"But at this moment in time we won't be making any decisions on end dates because there is a lot in the pipeline.

"In the background there is potential reconstruction in League Two with the Colts proposal, which could radically effect the Lowland League as well in terms of losing two teams.

"So there is a lot to take into consideration which, with all due respect to the West of Scotland League, they don't have at this time.

"I've got a duty of care to the teams at the bottom of the Lowland League as well and we need to decide the fairest way to do things there as well.

"We need to know from the East of Scotland and South of Scotland League [who play in the tiers below the Lowland] what they are doing at that end of the table, so there is a lot of balls being juggled at the moment.

"I would like to think after the First Minister's statement yesterday that we will get clarification imminently on our situation and I believe we are all waiting on guidance from sportscotland.

"It's bordering on farcical that from Friday you can have 15 members of the public going and doing exercise in a park somewhere, but you can't have 15 footballers going to a pitch where it is more regulated.

"That's the sort of areas we will be looking for clarification on."

League One and Two were given the green light to return to training last week and matches are due to resume on March 20.

The Lowland League has been in cold storage since January and Kelty Hearts currently top the table by six points from BSC Glasgow. Third-place East Kilbride are seven points adrift of Barry Ferguson's Kelty with a game in hand.

Fraser, who is also general manager at BSC, added: "It's difficult.

"I really appreciate that people and clubs want answers and clarification, but we can't do that until we get clarification from the Scottish FA and Scottish Government."

I received the following from the Scottish FA (via the WLYFA) concerning restarting of youth football:

Football Guidance Update – 11 March, 2021

Following the announcement from Scottish Government on Tuesday, 9 March, we have issued the following important information, key dates and next stages in the return to football, applicable from Friday, 12 March.

As clubs start to plan and prepare a return to activity, we encourage all organisations to consult with parents, carers and players to agree and risk assess all proposed activity in line with the following guidance. We continue to work with all the Affiliated National Associations to provide support and guidance to enable everyone to plan safely for the return to football in some capacity.   

In line with Scottish Government and sportscotland guidance, we have set out guidance for all, as well as age-related guidance for Under-12s, 12-17 year-olds and 18 years and older.

Please note, only Under-12s are permitted to engage in contact training, as per Government and sportscotland guidance.

If you do not live on mainland Scotland, you can follow the guidance for your area here.

Guidance for All

• All activity for all age groups must take place outdoors.
  • A reminder that information on the Level 4 travel restrictions can be seen here.
  • All activity must be arranged to take place in an appropriately risk assessed venue.
  • All activity must only be arranged by Scottish FA registered clubs (clubs registered with an appropriate Affiliated National Association).
  • All activity should avoid inter-club training, competition or events.
  • Parents/carers are reminded that spectating is not permitted at any time and they should not congregate at the facility or nearby.
  • At no stage should groups mix and appropriate one way systems should be in place at your respective facility.
  • Please ensure that hygiene measures are implemented at all times.

All players, participants over the age of 13, and parents and carers are advised to undertake a COVID-19 eLearning course if they or their children are to participate in sports training, competitions and other events.  

Under-12s

Scottish Government and sportscotland guidance for children under the age of 12 permits participation in outdoor contact group activity. sportscotland Level 4 guidance can be found here.

We would urge everyone to adhere to the following guidance:

• Contact activity for this age group is permitted, however physical distancing should be in place before and after activity.
  • Parents/carers can take a young person under the age of 18 out of their Local Authority area for their organised activity.
  • Physical distancing is necessary for coaches.
  • All group activity can consist of a maximum of 26 players and four officials per 1/3 of a pitch (the officials must be PVG certified and contain a COVID Officer, First Aider and an appropriately qualified coach).

12-17 years

The Scottish Government and sportscotland guidance regarding children between age 12-17 who are permitted to participate in outdoor non-contact group activity with full Level 4 guidance can be found here.

• All activity must be non-contact, ensuring physical distancing is in place at all times before, during and after activity takes place.
  • Parents/carers can take a young person under the age of 18 out of their Local Authority area for their organised activity.
  • It is recommended that activity is limited to twice a week and for a maximum of 60 minutes per session.
  • All group activity must consist of a maximum of 13 players and two officials per 1/4 of a pitch (the two officials must be PVG certified and contain a COVID Officer, First Aider, and an appropriately qualified coach).

18 years and above

The Scottish Government and sportscotland guidance regarding 18 years and above who are permitted to participate in outdoor non-contact group activity with full Level 4 guidance can be found here.

• All activity must be non-contact, ensuring physical distancing is in place at all times before, during and after activity takes place.
  • All activity must be organised within your own Local Authority area and players are not permitted to travel to neighbouring authorities to participate, as per Scottish Government travel restrictions.
  • It is recommended that activity is limited to twice a week and for a maximum of 60 minutes per session.
  • All group activity must consist of a maximum of 15 players and officials (two appropriate PVG officials for SYFA) and all activity must contain a COVID Officer and First Aider per 1/4 of a pitch.

Key Dates/Next Stages

The following are indicative dates that will allow clubs to start to prepare for future activity and over the coming weeks we will continue to engage with the Scottish Government and sportscotland to gain more clarification on specific areas.

5 April

• Stay at home: Stay at home requirement removed

26 April

• Strategic (Levels) Framework:  Return to a levels system, which includes regional variation based on data. Further detail will be published in as soon as it is available.
  • Sport:The levels system will support the phased re-opening of sport. The detail of what activity will be permitted in each level will be confirmed this month.

We once again thank all our clubs, volunteers and players for their continued patience as we start to progress over the coming weeks towards a safe return to football.

At this time, we would encourage everyone to maintain daily physical activity within their own household or by following the Scottish Government ‘meeting others outdoors’ guidance.

49 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I received the following from the Scottish FA (via the WLYFA) concerning restarting of youth football:

Also, in effect. all non league football (ages 18 plus) not already covered by the League 1 & 2 announcemnt last week.

Looks like those dates boot far into touch any prospect of lower leagues resuming and completing to a point where a reasonable proportion of games can be completed by play off cut off dates.

Some of it just makes you wonder have they really thought this through. Ages 12-17 maximum 13 players training? Does that mean you have to exclude some of your squad, seriously?

The steady drip of announcements of East Junior sides applying to join the East of Scotland league has continued. Whitburn Juniors, West Calder United, Bathgate Thistle, Pumperston Juniors, Livingston United & Syngenta from Grangemouth have all applied.

Latest news is a surprise though. Forfar West End have applied to EoS. There is a line of latitude specified for the relegation of Club 42 to either the Highland League or the Lowland League. Whilst it is implicit therefore that the leagues that feed into the Lowland and Highland Leagues would also follow the same geography it has never been seriously tested.At present there is no feeder league covering Tayside & Angus into the Highland League so any club is snookered if they want to get SFA licenced as it is a basic requirement that you play within the Pyramid.

In other East of Scotland news that might have been of direct interest to Hearts (but now isn't).

Huge stooshie at Camelon.

Management team away. All players threatening to  leave. Chairman's statement on their website hinting at very dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes with the authorities involved. Had they beaten Brora there's a chance our Scottish Cup game could have beena  walkover!

https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/chairmans-statement-march-2021/

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

The steady drip of announcements of East Junior sides applying to join the East of Scotland league has continued. Whitburn Juniors, West Calder United, Bathgate Thistle, Pumperston Juniors, Livingston United & Syngenta from Grangemouth have all applied.

Of those WL junior clubs, Whitburn are making major investment in both ground improvements and players with a goal of rising quickly through EOSFL into the LL  It looks like the wave of new clubs in the EOSFL and WOSFL will be replacing the old underperforming League 2 clubs in the coming seasons.  Queens Park have seen the future and adapted, the likes of Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir, Brechin, Cowdenbeath, etc. will need to follow or go down.

3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Of those WL junior clubs, Whitburn are making major investment in both ground improvements and players with a goal of rising quickly through EOSFL into the LL  It looks like the wave of new clubs in the EOSFL and WOSFL will be replacing the old underperforming League 2 clubs in the coming seasons.  Queens Park have seen the future and adapted, the likes of Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir, Brechin, Cowdenbeath, etc. will need to follow or go down.

With the set up as it is atm I think it would be many years before any of this batch of W Lothian juniors reach the Lowland League. There is a single play off spot available for promotion to LL for the winner of a play off between the East, West and South of Scotland leagues. I would expect as much as half the future LL would be former West Region juniors, maybe 3/4 former East Region Juniors and the remainder former L2 sides with maybe a South of Scotland side. That is going to be one tough league to get into.

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

With the set up as it is atm I think it would be many years before any of this batch of W Lothian juniors reach the Lowland League. There is a single play off spot available for promotion to LL for the winner of a play off between the East, West and South of Scotland leagues. I would expect as much as half the future LL would be former West Region juniors, maybe 3/4 former East Region Juniors and the remainder former L2 sides with maybe a South of Scotland side. That is going to be one tough league to get into.

Agree, it is going to have a totally different look and maybe the LL/HL need to be split into conferences like the National League in England.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

In other East of Scotland news that might have been of direct interest to Hearts (but now isn't).

Management team away. All players threatening to  leave. Chairman's statement on their website hinting at very dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes with the authorities involved. Had they beaten Brora there's a chance our Scottish Cup game could have beena  walkover!

The is a Hearts link.  Their new manager Andy Colley and assistant Dave Strathie were former youth coaches at Riccarton.

Edited by Footballfirst

Players and Manager not best pleased with club Secretary it seams 😷

Players and Manager not best pleased with club Secretary it seams 😷

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The is a Hearts link.  Their new manager Andy Colley and assistant Dave Strathie were former youth coaches at Riccarton.

Thanks FF, I didn't know that. Tough one for Bathgate Th too who are only held tgether with chewing gum and string at the moment.

Footballfirst

In a new development last night, East Junior side Forfar West End confirmed that they had applied for membership of the EOSFL.  It will be interesting to see how that goes for the Tayside teams and whether the EOS seeks to set a formal northern boundary (there is nothing in their rules ATM, although boundaries exist for teams dropping from tier 4 or 5)

Edited by Footballfirst

In a new development last night, East Junior side Forfar West End confirmed that they had applied for membership of the EOSFL.  It will be interesting to see how that goes for the Tayside teams and whether the EOS seeks to set a formal northern boundary (there is nothing in their rules ATM, although boundaries exist for teams dropping from tier 4 or 5)

As it looks at the moment the LL encompasses EOSFL (including SOSFL)  and WOSFL, however the Perthshire/Tayside/Aberdeenshire junior clubs do not have a mechanism for progressing up the ladder unless the HL is expanded with Level 6 & 7 leagues.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The East Juniors have called it a day.  Now they can all join the EOSFL (maybe?).

I received the same notice from both Whitburn and Pumphy.  Both looking to join EOSFL.

From Scottish Junior FA
All Clubs
Following today’s update from the Scottish Government stating that adult contact training/football will not be allowed until 17th May 2021, the management committee of the Scottish Junior FA have decided to end season 2020/2021 and declare all competitions null & void.
We can now set our sights on moving forward and hopefully welcoming fans back at some point in the new season.
This decision gives us all some clarity and the opportunity to look at starting next season a bit earlier than normal. Further details will be announced in due course.
Please continue to follow the Scottish Government guidelines and Stay Safe.
Alex McDowall
Chief Operating Office
Scottish Junior FA

With a 5 team league and an early start they should have 2021/22 wrapped up way before the clocks go back 😂

davemclaren
From Scottish Junior FA
All Clubs
Following today’s update from the Scottish Government stating that adult contact training/football will not be allowed until 17th May 2021, the management committee of the Scottish Junior FA have decided to end season 2020/2021 and declare all competitions null & void.
We can now set our sights on moving forward and hopefully welcoming fans back at some point in the new season.
This decision gives us all some clarity and the opportunity to look at starting next season a bit earlier than normal. Further details will be announced in due course.
Please continue to follow the Scottish Government guidelines and Stay Safe.
Alex McDowall
Chief Operating Office
Scottish Junior FA

With a 5 team league and an early start they should have 2021/22 wrapped up way before the clocks go back 😂

Who are the 5 remaining teams?

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who are the 5 remaining teams?

I think it was a bit tongue in cheek re the 5 teams, although there will be a few who are reluctant to cross the rubicon, e.g. Armadale. The future of the "new" junior versions of Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie are also questionable.

According to Pie & Bovril, the following clubs are believed to have applied to join the EOSFL so far. 

Bathgate Thistle, Bo'ness Juniors CFC, Forfar West End, Livingston United, Pumpherston Juniors, Syngenta, West Calder United, Whitburn Juniors, Cupar Hearts, Letham AFC.

Among those for whom the jury is still out. 

Armadale Thistle, Fauldhouse United, Harthill Royal, Sauchie CFC, Stoneyburn Juniors, Scone Thistle, Tayport.

I believe that Harthill want to join the WOSFL. While the town is in the WOSFL catchment area, the ground is in Greenrigg which is in West Lothian. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think it was a bit tongue in cheek re the 5 teams, although there will be a few who are reluctant to cross the rubicon, e.g. Armadale. The future of the "new" junior versions of Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie are also questionable.

According to Pie & Bovril, the following clubs are believed to have applied to join the EOSFL so far. 

Bathgate Thistle, Bo'ness Juniors CFC, Forfar West End, Livingston United, Pumpherston Juniors, Syngenta, West Calder United, Whitburn Juniors, Cupar Hearts, Letham AFC.

Armadale Thistle, Fauldhouse United, Harthill Royal, Sauchie CFC, Stoneyburn Juniors, Scone Thistle, Tayport.

I believe that Harthill want to join the WOSFL. While the town is in the WOSFL catchment area, the ground is in Greenrigg which is in West Lothian. 

How much longer can the SJFA continue as a viable and meaningful entity I wonder?

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How much longer can the SJFA continue as a viable and meaningful entity I wonder?

There were, I think, still 32 clubs in the North Region Juniors, 30 in the East Region (16 Tayside 1 Fife and 13 West Lothian) at the start of the season.  Most if not all of the West Lothian clubs will probably end up joining the EOSFL.  

There remain a few unresolved matters in terms of Tayside clubs entry or otherwise to the EOSFL and whether the Highland League will seek to absorb the North Region Juniors as feeders in a pyramid setup.  Banks O'Dee is the only licensed club among the juniors and thus eligible for promotion to tier 5 at present.

Edited by Footballfirst

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There were, I think, still 32 clubs in the North Region Juniors, 30 in the East Region (16 Tayside 1 Fife and 13 West Lothian) at the start of the season.  Most if not all of the West Lothian clubs will probably end up joining the EOSFL.  

There remain a few unresolved matters in terms of Tayside clubs entry or otherwise with the EOSFL and whether the Highland League will seek to absorb the North Region Juniors as feeders leagues in a pyramid setup.  Banks O'Dee is the only licensed club among the juniors and thus eligible for promotion to tier 5 at present.

Cheers. 

All the clubs (bar Cupar Hearts) have confirmed their applications via Twitter and/or Facebook.
Harthill to the West of Scotland is a shoo-in too.

10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

All the clubs (bar Cupar Hearts) have confirmed their applications via Twitter and/or Facebook.
Harthill to the West of Scotland is a shoo-in too.

Harthill's ground is actually in Greenrigg, West Lothian so would they come under EoS?

Edited by HMS Jambo

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, HMS Jambo said:

Harthill's ground is actually in Greenrigg, West Lothian so would they come under EoS?

There are likely to be a couple of anomalies close to regional borders, so I'd hope there would be a pragmatic solution.

Luncarty is another. Although it is a member of the EOSFL, it's ground is to the north of the HL/LL boundary, but much of the town is to the south. It won't become an issue in the short term unless the team wins promotion from the EOS Premier league to the HL/LL.

If Hearts was to move to a new stadium, say at Straiton, would they no longer be the best team in Edinburgh?

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Bit confused with Bo'ness Juniors CFC applying to join EoS set up as Bo'ness United already in the pyramid. A bit like old firm colts teams in the spfl.