East of Scotland Leagues

systemx

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I follow Spartans as my youngest son is in their academy 2008 intake.

That makes sense, good for you. A supportive parent is what every up and coming footballer needs.  Oot of curiosity I see that Spartans are up North. Does that make it more of a Hibee friendly club or isn't that important as it's lower league football?  

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• RobboM

• Tasavallan

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, VikingHeart said:

That makes sense, good for you. A supportive parent is what every up and coming footballer needs.  Oot of curiosity I see that Spartans are up North. Does that make it more of a Hibee friendly club or isn't that important as it's lower league football?  

The first chairman of Spartans back in the 50s was a big Hearts man.

Over the years they have had good relationships with both Hearts and Hibs but, I get the feeling their relationship with Hearts as always just been that wee bit stronger.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The first chairman of Spartans back in the 50s was a big Hearts man.

Over the years they have had good relationships with both Hearts and Hibs but, I get the feeling their relationship with Hearts as always just been that wee bit stronger.

Thanks for the info John. I think it's quite similar then to Norway where the vast majority of clubs below the professional leagues are regarded as local community clubs somewhat linked to bigger clubs for geographical reasons.

Edited by VikingHeart
Spelling

21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

A good indication of what the pyramid clubs can gain from streaming.  Over 100 on PPV for a game scheduled opposite Scotland v Czech Rep.

Good ticket sales and even better - 6 points from 2 games to start

I watched the stream from the bo'ness game on Saturday and it was excellent. You would expect an increase in viewing figures as more people become aware, games are not up against scotland games and also bigger games to come. Hopefully other clubs at this level can offer similar services

11 minutes ago, Rab WL said:

Good ticket sales and even better - 6 points from 2 games to start

Just for comparison Bo'ness  Utd average home attendance last season was 370. Hard to know how promotion to Lowland League would affect that. Might be more of a home crowd but few Lowland League sides carry much of a travelling support.

4 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Just for comparison Bo'ness  Utd average home attendance last season was 370. Hard to know how promotion to Lowland League would affect that. Might be more of a home crowd but few Lowland League sides carry much of a travelling support.

I think an issue that bo'ness and others will have with the live streaming is that often their support is made up of more elderly supporters who, generally, will be less likely to have the means, or know how to watch online.
I was pleasantly surprised that 100 people paid when up against the scotland game. I watched scotland instead of buying it but on saturday, if edinburgh uni have streaming, i will pay/watch bo'ness on that.

2 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

It's always nice to hear when smaller clubs have the funds to do investments as it's not only beneficial to them but also hopefully the whole community as local kids/ youths get an arena to develop their skills and socialize in a positive manner. When I looked up Vale of Leithen on google maps I discovered that it's really close to Traquair House. Isn't that a brewery as well? I had a really good wee heavy once from Traquair which if I remember correctly wouldn't open a certain door again until another Stuart reigned Scotland. 

Aye, there is a brewery at Traquair. They use traditional methods rather than the chemistry set micro-brewers of today.

Several pubs to choose from for you pre and post beers too 👍

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Blackburn Utd and Fauldhouse for me.
For a variety of reasons Fauldhouse have not played a single home match in 2020!

That's too bad but sometimes one just have to wait as it's better to be safe than sorry. Here in Norway senior sides below level 2 couldn't even do full squad training sessions until a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Aye, there is a brewery at Traquair. They use traditional methods rather than the chemistry set micro-brewers of today.

Several pubs to choose from for you pre and post beers too 👍

Thanks for the info Dunks😀  

On 12/10/2020 at 08:13, RobboM said:

I don 't think there is any connection with the Linlithgow one. They used to be the Linlithgow team that played in the amateur leagues and it was probably just a bit of opportunism with the name of the club when they applied to play in the rump East Junior league. I think they play at the sports centre but did played at Prestonfield (real Linlthgow Rose home ground) for their Junior Cup match last season as they drew Pollok in the cup.

Seems to be more of a connection between the Bo'ness sides as they both play at Newtown park (which is now a 3G park) but certainly for player registration purposes they are different clubs and run separately as I understand it.

East Region Junior leagues/fixtures are now published.

There are Linlithgow Rose CFC, Bo'ness United CFC and a Sauchie CFC listed.  Checking their web sites it appears they are doing what Spartans did a few years ago and run both senior and junior teams.  I suspect that the Community teams will encompass the youth development age groups.

Whitburn's first east region junior superleague fixture is at home against Linlithgow Rose on 21 November.

11 minutes ago, RobboM said:

East of Scotland Premier League
Tynecastle FC v Blackburn Utd. Streaming tonight on Tynecastle's Facebook page from 7:15. Bound to be goals 🙂

Thanks for the heads up RobboM. I've wanted to watch Tynecastle FC amongst others for a while since first hearing about their existance so it would be a perfect starter before the Ajax game later tonight😀

Footballfirst

Confirmation today that this season's Scottish Cup will not have a restricted entry, as had previously been mooted.

However, there will be no replays.

The preliminary rounds start on 28th November.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Confirmation today that this season's Scottish Cup will not have a restricted entry, as had previously been mooted.

However, there will be no replays.

The preliminary rounds start on 28th November.

Hopefully they will continue with no replays in the future 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Careful what you wish for. 😄

I agree, what's how the National Cup (NM) is played here in Norway. Sometimes I really wish we had replays😉

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

East of Scotland Premier League
Tynecastle FC v Blackburn Utd. Streaming tonight on Tynecastle's Facebook page from 7:15. Bound to be goals 🙂

My laddie is No 8 for Tynecastle. They had a comfortable win 2-0 v Dundonald Bluebell at the weekend . 

1 minute ago, Meadows said:

My laddie is No 8 for Tynecastle. They had a comfortable win 2-0 v Dundonald Bluebell at the weekend . 

My laddie with Blackburn .... still looking for their first point 😞

15 minutes ago, RobboM said:

My laddie with Blackburn .... still looking for their first point 😞

You could’ve gave his shirt number so I can shout at him 😂

Blackburn have had difficult games to date, should be a good game tonight. 

Bit of a plug for EoSFL's newest senior side. Edinburgh South CFC have long been the biggest youth football club in the Lothian's in terms of teams and players. This season, after a huge amount of work by their manager and senior committee, and in the face of huge adversity, South, based at the Inch Park have launched a senior side to complete the pathway for players aged from 4 years old, through to senior league football. South will play home matches under a groundshare arrangement with Dalkeith Thistle, but have a vision of one day, being able to play matches in the south east of the city. Playing in conference A,  the team have won 1 and lost 2, although that's a 100% home record!

'Mon the South!

Edited by Greenbank2

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Meadows said:

Tynie 2-0 up already tonight

Edited by Footballfirst

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Tynie 2-0 up already tonight

Two first half penalties, finished 5-1 . Another good result for Tynecastle, Interesting that Callum Elliott has got Tranent a 100 % start with 4 wins from 4. 
The EOS Premier league will be great this season ( Covid allowing ) 

Footballfirst
52 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Two first half penalties, finished 5-1 . Another good result for Tynecastle, Interesting that Callum Elliott has got Tranent a 100 % start with 4 wins from 4. 
The EOS Premier league will be great this season ( Covid allowing ) 

I agree.  Result of the night was Newtongrange coming back from 0-2 down at half time to beat Musselburgh 5-2 at Olivebank.

Footballfirst

This week's Lowland League results saw Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness, East Kilbride and East Stirlingshire all lose their 100% records, leaving Kelty as the only team to have won all their games (4 from 4).

Bo'ness go back on top though, with 13 points from five games, the same points mark as BSC and East Kilbride.

LOWLAND LEAGUE STANDINGS

With the COVID-19 restrictions getting stricter, games and league titles may rest on which clubs can field their strongest team each week.  My lad was playing in the LL but has moved back to a West Lothian club due to travel restrictions. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Scottish Cup Prelim draws.

Could be an interesting game at Penicuik with each side trying to avoid a trip to Wick 🐵

Footballfirst

Leo Watson has also gone to Bonnyrigg Rose on loan.

Good move for the lad, as I believe that Brechin was interested. He will get more out of playing at NDP, that having to travel to train and play with the SPFL's worst side.

Bonnyrigg is at home tonight against Civil Service in the LL, so he may well get his debut.

Edited by Footballfirst

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Good move for the lad, as I believe that Brechin was interested. He will get more out of playing at NDP, that having to travel to train and play with the SPFL's worst side.

Bonnyrigg is at home tonight against Cilvil Service in the LL, so he may well get his debut.

What position does he play?

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What position does he play?

Left Back.  He's in a similar mould to Aaron Hickey, although his right peg isn't as strong.

Edited by Footballfirst

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Left Back.  He's in a similar mould to Aaron Hickey, although his right peg isn't as strong.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Scottish Cup Prelim draws.

Tough draw that for Musselburgh. Hoping to see them get through a couple of rounds, especially if there's the slightest chance of people allowed in to watch. Then again, not much seperating these 2 sides in the league atm so could go either way, but Penicuik will be desperate for more success after last years run.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Tough draw that for Musselburgh. Hoping to see them get through a couple of rounds, especially if there's the slightest chance of people allowed in to watch. Then again, not much seperating these 2 sides in the league atm so could go either way, but Penicuik will be desperate for more success after last years run.

But can either side afford the bus fare to Wick.  It would take a fair whack of the £3k or so, that will be on offer for reaching the next round.

Niemi’s gloves

On Leo Watson, I’d agree that Bonnyrigg is a better move than Brechin, all else being equal. That said, Leeroy Makovora seems to be getting regular starts at Brechin whereas Sean Ward may not be getting that at Gala Fairydean Rovers in the Lowland League. GFR seem to be poor at showing team lists but (from opponents Cumbernauld Colts’ website) Sean only got the last 20 minutes on Saturday.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

But can either side afford the bus fare to Wick.  It would take a fair whack of the £3k or so, that will be on offer for reaching the next round.

That's a valid point I guess. I'd fancy either side to beat WIck though, so the prize money would compensate. Surprised we didn't go down the route that the FA took for their cup and regionalise the preliminary rounds. Doesn't make sense to have teams travelling away up there, especially when there's no fans to add to the funds.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

That's a valid point I guess. I'd fancy either side to beat WIck though, so the prize money would compensate. Surprised we didn't go down the route that the FA took for their cup and regionalise the preliminary rounds. Doesn't make sense to have teams travelling away up there, especially when there's no fans to add to the funds.

I wouldn't take Wick too lightly. I saw them beat Spartans comfortably at Ainslie Park a couple of seasons ago.  The EOS sides biggest advantage will be the lack of games for the HL sides that don't plan to start their season until later this month.

Edited by Footballfirst

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I wouldn't take Wick too lightly. I saw them beat Spartans comfortably at Ainslie Park a couple of seasons ago.  The EOS sides biggest advantage will be the lack of games for the HL sides that don't plan to start their season until later this month.

I didn't realise they had a potential start date. Be interested to see how they get on up there. 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Locky said:

I didn't realise they had a potential start date. Be interested to see how they get on up there. 

Breedon Highland League to Start
 The Highland League Management Committee met this evening and decided that the 2020-2021 Breedon Highland League will start on Saturday 28th November 2020. 

This is in keeping with its decision to pause the start of the season at a meeting on 28th September.  The decision also reflects improved prospects for spectators being admitted to matches.

Many details have to be sorted out over the next three weeks, including a rveised fixture list.  The fixtures and other matchday arrangements will be published as soon as is feasible.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:
Breedon Highland League to Start
 The Highland League Management Committee met this evening and decided that the 2020-2021 Breedon Highland League will start on Saturday 28th November 2020. 

This is in keeping with its decision to pause the start of the season at a meeting on 28th September.  The decision also reflects improved prospects for spectators being admitted to matches.

Many details have to be sorted out over the next three weeks, including a rveised fixture list.  The fixtures and other matchday arrangements will be published as soon as is feasible.

Cheers FF.

Footballfirst

EOSFL scores

Premier

Broxburn 0-3 Tynecastle

Nitten 2-0 Dunbar

Penicuik 2-2 Tranent

Conferences

Edinburgh South 2-1 Arniston

Preston Ath 7-0 Eyemouth

On 28/10/2020 at 22:01, systemx said:

Tranent beat Whitehill 6-1 ,5-0 at ht.Kayne Patterson bagged 4.5 out of 5 for Tranent

Neil Jancyk has resigned. 

My laddie is the Whitehill U20's keeper and ironically he played the 90 mins for the first team in a pre season friendly against Whitburn juniors and kept their only clean sheet to date.

The U20's league has been hung out to dry with the COVID rules.

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Bonnyrigg is at home tonight against Civil Service in the LL, so he may well get his debut.

Came on as sub 60 minutes. Winning debut with clean sheet. 

Updated table

20201111_115523.jpg

The Treasurer
21 hours ago, Locky said:

Common sense and the SFA ?