LC Semi Final - Tickets on sale Monday 14/10 ( updated )

Sooperstar

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If this is true it should serve as a wake up call to CL & AB about the mood of the fans at the moment.  It won’t though. 

What - that hearts fans can never be arsed going to semi finals? 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• davemclaren

• Newton51

• Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

we sold around 10,000 for the 2012 SC semi FFS! 

That was an early kick off so many fans couldn’t attend due to lack of public transport. A 3pm KO on a Sunday, we should be selling our allocation. 

5 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Thats pish pants!! The number seems to get lower on here by the hour!!!

5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

What - that hearts fans can never be arsed going to semi finals? 

IIRC 25000 or so could be arsed last year. 

15 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If this is true it should serve as a wake up call to CL & AB about the mood of the fans at the moment.  It won’t though. 

Not at all.  We normally get a low crowd for semis v the Old Firm in Glasgow.

24 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Being honest, I haven't bought a ticket and don't really plan on it, and I'm not a fan who boycotts matches if results aren't going right.

There probably is an element of me feeling like we'll get turned over, but I've got something on the Saturday which is an all day thing so could do with a chilled Sunday, otherwise I'd have to take the Monday off work. Also, money is a factor. I can't be arsed forking out whatever to go all the way to Hampdump. League Cup semi makes it somewhat less attractive too, plus having gone to both semi's last year, the novelty has somewhat wore off a little. A final is a different story, but a Semi isn't really an occasion. Most countries don't even play their semi's at neutral venues!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What a load of ballocks. Balloons shitting it despite strong performance in recent weeks bar Kilmarnock. 

Noses being cut off to spite the weaklings faces

Johnny Sandiego
15 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Likely the venue had a huge part in that. Compare the figures to previous OF games at Hampden and you'll get a better idea.

Out of interest, have you (or anyone else for that matter) actually boycotted because of our current form? 

11 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Not at all.  We normally get a low crowd for semis v the Old Firm in Glasgow.

Can't remember the last semi v Rangers that was played on a weekend? 

Only really the 2012 semi against Celtic was a 'poor' turnout and even then it was 12-14k. 

Still got our 2/3 to buy to boost the numbers as was holding out for F to open.  😁

24 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

That was an early kick off so many fans couldn’t attend due to lack of public transport. A 3pm KO on a Sunday, we should be selling our allocation. 

Nah, not sure about that.

It was a 12.45 KO and we took 12K.

The reason the take up was low was because many thought we would get stuffed, not because they couldn’t get a train.

38 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Absolutely this. ☹️

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What a load of ballocks. Balloons shitting it despite strong performance in recent weeks bar Kilmarnock. 

Noses being cut off to spite the weaklings faces

And St Mirren.

Seymour M Hersh
36 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

That was people sending a future message to AB & CL as they are clairvoyant. 

Normally I would be there but not this time.

I was planning on being there with junior but I'm doing the next level of my coaching qualifications that day so sadly I won't be attending. 

Gutted because we had a great time at the last couple of cup games we attended and he's hooked on supporting Hearts. 

In what universe are we ever shifting more that 10 - 15k tickets for a diddy cup final in Glasgow?  

laveen oot laveen oot

laveen oot laveen oot

laveen oot laveen oot

laveen oot laveen oot

Poor sales. Regardless of the pish we've been served up this season it's a semi final, anything can happen, so if the story is true that they've been given 7k of our allocation that's embarrassing and also surprising given there's still a bit of time to go. However as other posters have alluded to perhaps no surprise going by our recent semi final crowds against the OF. 

Shame - in the unlikely event we make the final and face celtic I wouldn't be surprised if we get a pish allocation as a result. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

What an utter pile of shite.

Why don't you look back over the past 30 years at our semi final attendances against the Uglies. It won't make you look too clever .

been here before
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Truly embarrassing stuff, but a good indicator as to how the majority of the fans are feeling right now. 

Ita not really. Reasons for poor sales are all over this thread as are comparable figures for previous LC semis.

You crack on though.

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Ita not really. Reasins for poor sales are all over this thread as are comparable figures for previous LC semis.

You crack on though.

Watch this space for dwindling attendances at Tynecastle too. At least they can still say there was 13k in attendance, even if goes below that in reality. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Watch this space for dwindling attendances at Tynecastle too. At least they can still say there was 13k in attendance, even if goes below that in reality. 

Random.

Very random.

50 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Out of interest, have you (or anyone else for that matter) actually boycotted because of our current form? 

No, I’ve not personally deliberately “boycotted” any games however, as per one of my previous threads, I do think there is a large amount of apathy amongst the support. There’s been quite a few home games over the last wee while where I’ve just not bothered going despite having a ST. 

There’s 8 of us in our group, only 4 of whom are going to this game (including a 7 year old). 

Romanov's regime boosted attendances and brought in new season ticket holders that the club still enjoys today. But that legacy is not safe forever.

5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Romanov's regime boosted attendances and brought in new season ticket holders that the club still enjoys today. But that legacy is not safe forever.

Great point

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yep, too many  people choose to ignore that

17 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

No, I’ve not personally deliberately “boycotted” any games however, as per one of my previous threads, I do think there is a large amount of apathy amongst the support. There’s been quite a few home games over the last wee while where I’ve just not bothered going despite having a ST. 

There’s 8 of us in our group, only 4 of whom are going to this game (including a 7 year old). 

I think you have to factor in the team that Hearts will likely be able to field. I know that this will unconcern a lot of fans but by the same token it will discourage others. In a match anything can happen but the inclusion of Naismith, Walker, Haring, Souttar, Washington would give the fans more belief. So, is it apathy, for a semi final?  

Edited by Riccarton3

FFS make your mind up . Early ko in Glasgow low crowd (CLs fault?) . Game at Murray field big crowd (CLs fault?)

I can't fekkin keep up 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Being honest, I haven't bought a ticket and don't really plan on it, and I'm not a fan who boycotts matches if results aren't going right.

There probably is an element of me feeling like we'll get turned over, but I've got something on the Saturday which is an all day thing so could do with a chilled Sunday, otherwise I'd have to take the Monday off work. Also, money is a factor. I can't be arsed forking out whatever to go all the way to Hampdump. League Cup semi makes it somewhat less attractive too, plus having gone to both semi's last year, the novelty has somewhat wore off a little. A final is a different story, but a Semi isn't really an occasion. Most countries don't even play their semi's at neutral venues!

Hampden is hardly neutral anyway.

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

I cannot recall in recent times where they thought the mood of the fans mattered in the slightest.........

They dont give a flying f....k about supporters ! Never will ,, or something would have gave  long before now !!!

Hoping to buy in a group so waiting until mates can afford tickets after they're paid on Friday.

If the allocation had been likely to sell out I'd have bought my tickets already.

Sunday attendances are always a good bit lower at tynie than Saturdays and I’m talking about bums on seats. Last Sunday was a good example. Lots of people have other commitments on sundays. 

No chance whatsoever are we making it to any final,run umpteen busses in past to semis and finals,now totally deflated and pissed off,only one thing will get me back to tynecastle.get rid of the pair of them.

Yes, because it was a game everyone thought we would win and neither of the ugly sisters were involved. 

Have we ever went into a semi on good form v any of the uglies? 

I think if are playing well we easily take in excess of 15,000.

88, playing well, must’ve taken over 20,000 v Celtic. Played Rangers a season later in the league cup but weren’t on form, not a great number through.

Semi in 93 v Rangers, from what I remember about 16,000 went through.  Not playing that well in 05, must’ve been around 10, 11 thousand v Celtic. 

One or two others but I think the point is about being on form to get optimism at a height when facing them. Pish last season but we still

took 18,000 v ICT. If the fans think there’s a chance, they’ll go in numbers. 

pettigrewsstylist
21 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think you have to factor in the team that Hearts will likely be able to field. I know that this will unconcern a lot of fans but by the same token it will discourage others. In a match anything can happen but the inclusion of Naismith, Walker, Haring, Souttar, Washington would give the fans more belief. So, is it apathy, for a semi final?  

Complete apathy IMO. Borne out of believing we will set up to fail.

4 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

No chance whatsoever are we making it to any final,run umpteen busses in past to semis and finals,now totally deflated and pissed off,only one thing will get me back to tynecastle.get rid of the pair of them.

Totally agree 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👍

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, because it was a game everyone thought we would win and neither of the ugly sisters were involved. 

Celtic at Murrayfield? 

1 minute ago, benny said:

Has there ever been a time when we have took more than 10000 for a league cup semi final in Glasgow.

Has there ever been a league cup semi final in Glasgow at the weekend? 

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

When we beat Gretna on penalties, we filled the vast majority of the east stand as well as the east end of the South Stand, although our main allocation was for the west stand.

Probably the most Hearts fans at a game since the cup final against Aberdeen in 86?

Must have been 40k at 86 final.. we had about 26/27 k at semi v Dundee utd...