• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Forever Hearts

• DS98

• GorgieFifeLife

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Craig Gordon will always be a Hearts Legend. Would he be welcomed back ? You bet he would.

Guaranteed, or as Stephen Pressley would say - Hisssssss!

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If he is the best available keeper then why not ?

Can't keep going with the likes of Doyle and Bobby bombscare

If is the best available, ok. But really, he'll be 37 next season, likely will have gone a season and a half without playing. In world football, if he is the best we can get then we really do have scouting and recruitment issues. If he came in January, maybe a different story, but I'm assuming Joel is here for the season, at least. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is that the same ones that decided that Zlamal and Doyle were good enough?  Perhaps best not to let them decide then.  

That's what they are paid to do until such time they are deemed surplus to requirements.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

You do understand a football forum is about fans giving opinions on things that concern the club. I would have though it's pretty obvious it isn't experts posting.

Would take Gordon back in a heartbeat

That is certainly obvious. I'd wager that nobody has actually committed the time to really analyse his current ability especially since he has hardly played recently, so these opinions are not really informed enough to be worthwhile. It's all just emotional reactions because he went across to the dark side.

Only thing I've seen Gordon being really dodgy about was Rogers insistence on playing from the wide full backs to start every move (which didn't half work most of the time) and has led to some goals, e.g Cochrane in the 4.0 game.

Oh and the odd cross but that's not really any different to most modern day keepers and has been for the last couple of decades.

Otherwise he has been well ahead of good for Celtic since he came back up the road.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, bigdav said:

Nope. Had his chance. Pereira looks to be developing well,have him for this season then re-assess for next season.

If Pereira develops we’ll be will be back offski tout suite to Man Utd.

I cant blame Gordon going for one last big pay deal with the unwashed and would take him back home for a couple of good years.

21 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

If is the best available, ok. But really, he'll be 37 next season, likely will have gone a season and a half without playing. In world football, if he is the best we can get then we really do have scouting and recruitment issues. If he came in January, maybe a different story, but I'm assuming Joel is here for the season, at least. 

So he'll be the same age as McGregor is this season???

If he's fit it's a no brainer for me

Jambo, Goodbye

Nah, too old to build a team around. Sick of changing the goalkeeper every single year. 

Sub keeper and GK coach,  maybe 

20 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That is certainly obvious. I'd wager that nobody has actually committed the time to really analyse his current ability especially since he has hardly played recently, so these opinions are not really informed enough to be worthwhile. It's all just emotional reactions because he went across to the dark side.

yeah in my uninformed opinion I’d take him back. 

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That's their job until such time that it's not!  

I'm fully aware it's their job. I'm also fully aware they couldn't spot a dog in a cat home. 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You could have read the article. 

Don't/won't subscribe to herald , where I saw it . So , therefore , instead of being obtuse , do tell .

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

236 appearances in 5.5 years. Injury prone 😂

Think it’ll be up to him in the end. If he chooses to come back then he will be here. If not he’ll go back down the road for another couple of years of big money

Think those days are past. Wonder if he regrets turning down the Arsenal move. Would be playing just as little with them as he is now.

Tokyo Drifter
6 hours ago, wagy said:

Out of favour with popcorn teeth.

Would you take him or is he past it?

I'd  take him. Best keeper we've ever had and could be again. And a Jambo to boot.

He'd be coming back a hero IMO. Biggest ever transfer fee returning home to finish out his career and help mentor and coach Harry Stone who is tipped for big things?

The answer is yes. Bring him home. 

2 hours ago, jambostuart said:

Think those days are past. Wonder if he regrets turning down the Arsenal move. Would be playing just as little with them as he is now.

No sure about that. He’s been fit since March but Bain was un-droppable at that time. Gordon finally gets back in then Lenny signs his big mate Lurch. Even the Celtic fans, who have never really taken to Craig, admit he’s had a raw deal. 

Edited by DS98

4 hours ago, Barack said:

"Funny guy."

"Don't be a phallus."

Or something completely new & original in reply to you, mate...let's wait and see. JKB is rapt.

I mean, he did ask what my source was...

4 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Nah, too old to build a team around. Sick of changing the goalkeeper every single year. 

Sub keeper and GK coach,  maybe 

Our number 1 is off back at the end of the season. 

I’d offer him the gig as goalkeeper coach/back up to Joel P until the young laddie Stone is ready to take that on.

No real harm to the current incumbent but I think a change in goalkeeper coach wouldn’t be a bad thing. The issues we’ve had with both Bobby and Doyle is not a great looking CV 

It’s a no brainer , plays or coaches whatever he’s able for?...along the line of Naismith, he would bring a bundle,, yes please 🙏🏼

Jambo, Goodbye
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Our number 1 is off back at the end of the season. 

Exactly. We should be securing our future number one for years to come. Not another one-season goalkeeper. 

6 hours ago, DS98 said:

No sure about that. He’s been fit since March but Bain was un-droppable at that time. Gordon finally gets back in then Lenny signs his big mate Lurch. Even the Celtic fans, who have never really taken to Craig, admit he’s had a raw deal. 

Don't get me wrong, I still think he could do a job for us at this level, but I can't see any big money moves down South appearing for him if/when he leaves Celtic. 

Sorry I dont get this injury prone narrative 🤔...he has been dropped in favour of Bain initially and then Forster but prior to that, what was his injury situation since signing for the Tic?

I dont recall any pattern or worries re his fitness or otherwise in his time at Tic...

He clearly looks after himself, his desire to play is there for all to see re his injury set back at Sunderland and the career he has made for himself post stadium of light, and I would imagine he still see's himself as being in and around the best we have short term for Scotland if he gets a good platform....

I am all in favour in his return...we got very lucky with Big Jon who was exceptional for us, since then our GK sitiuation is clearly a weakness in our make-up and Craig IMHO would sort that out overnight and actually give us a base to build from...

I would be astonished if we havent already sounded him out about a return and equally surprised if he didnt want to do a 'Berra' to boot....

18 hours ago, wagy said:

Out of favour with popcorn teeth.

Would you take him or is he past it?

Hi guys used to drop in to read kickback for a while so decided to sign up. 

Anyway no I wouldn’t take Craig back he hasn’t been great for The Timothy’s the past year and I would rather find a younger alternative. 

Edited by New Guy

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Sorry I dont get this injury prone narrative 🤔...he has been dropped in favour of Bain initially and then Forster but prior to that, what was his injury situation since signing for the Tic?

I dont recall any pattern or worries re his fitness or otherwise in his time at Tic...

He clearly looks after himself, his desire to play is there for all to see re his injury set back at Sunderland and the career he has made for himself post stadium of light, and I would imagine he still see's himself as being in and around the best we have short term for Scotland if he gets a good platform....

I am all in favour in his return...we got very lucky with Big Jon who was exceptional for us, since then our GK sitiuation is clearly a weakness in our make-up and Craig IMHO would sort that out overnight and actually give us a base to build from...

I would be astonished if we havent already sounded him out about a return and equally surprised if he didnt want to do a 'Berra' to boot....

"The Tic" boak 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Would just be another nail in the coffin of the once great West Edinburgh institution should he be welcomed back. Do you all need a reminder of his actions when we played the mhanks previously? 

Edited by GPaterson51

Would love him to come back to finish his career here, while mentoring his replacement. Also love threads like these as they bring out the best in our old, and very new loyalist posters

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If he hadn't played for Hearts nobody would be interested in bringing him back. Very much the heart ruling the head. 

Quite a lot of people on here were excited about us signing Alan McGregor, who has had a very similar career and was No 2 to Gordon when they were both at their peak. 

Whether we like it or not this signing would be a similar profile of person/career stage to Berra, Naismith, Whelan etc. He's a bit older, but you can play for longer as a keeper. With big hopes for Harry Stone, would i take a (fit) Gordon for a year or 2 to mentor him, then Stone take over. Seems logical.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Don't let that mask slip now, FH! :)

Hearts fans calling Celtic "the Tic" is vomit inducing. 

Oh, and mods have given out warnings about posters implying others support a different team on here. Just a wee heads up. 👍

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hearts fans calling Celtic "the Tic" is vomit inducing. 

Oh, and mods have given out warnings about posters implying others support a different team on here. Just a wee heads up. 👍

You big bully, you, with your "wee heads up" threats. :D

The "Tic" is only vomit-inducing to those with a predilection for the Huns. And anyway, why would the mods care about someone who supports two teams, as you almost certainly do going by your previous posting history?

25 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Quite a lot of people on here were excited about us signing Alan McGregor, who has had a very similar career and was No 2 to Gordon when they were both at their peak. 

Whether we like it or not this signing would be a similar profile of person/career stage to Berra, Naismith, Whelan etc. He's a bit older, but you can play for longer as a keeper. With big hopes for Harry Stone, would i take a (fit) Gordon for a year or 2 to mentor him, then Stone take over. Seems logical.

Totally agree. Even if he only plays 50/60% of games then it gives Harry a chance to dip in and out of the first team and build up experience while being kept out of the sort of pressure Cochrane was subject to. And over maybe two years Craig transitioning to backup and Harry to first choice.

Maybe it's maroon tinted glasses, and the fact he is one of my favourite hearts players ever, but come home Craig.

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You big bully, you, with your "wee heads up" threats. :D

The "Tic" is only vomit-inducing to those with a predilection for the Huns. And anyway, why would the mods care about someone who supports two teams, as you almost certainly do going by your previous posting history?

I'm not a bully and it wasn't a threat. 

The rest of your post is just lazy, stereotypical garbage. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

On the subject of Gordon's injury problems as a reason for not signing him. Well, we've used three different keepers already this season, none of whom are as good at their best as Gordon is at his worst (even now). So what's the difference between having to use three keepers because none of them are all that good and having a very good, potentially still great, keeper who might miss a number of games through injury resulting in having to call on one of those less reliable ones?  Even if he was injured for a large part of a season he'd still improve our results over the course of the season and, if he managed to stay injury free, could well be the difference between winning a trophy or not.

Look at it this way, if by some daft circumstance we managed to sign him tomorrow, would that not instantly improve our chances of reaching the League Cup Final and perhaps winning it?

12 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Exactly. We should be securing our future number one for years to come. Not another one-season goalkeeper. 

ideally I totally agree. but....it's a tricky one. We find a very good keeper (e.g. John McLaughlin) - and they leave after a year anyway.

What we need is a Michael Smith equivalent keeper who is competent....but of an age / or unspectacular enough to not leave....

Bazzas right boot

He'd be ok for a season or two. 

Upgrade on Bobby and Doyle without a doubt. 

Goalies can play until a good age. 

Jury our on our loanee, but he commanded his area well on Sunday.