dutch & belgian leagues to merge

Masonic

from what i understand only the top teams will be put in a "super league" the fa should follow suit and swallow up the spfl and stick us in with the english and welsh clubs dont have the exact plan in terms of how it would work but would be good imo. could also do away with the rank rotten national team anaw and just have a team GB.

its not quite the super league with barca real man utd bayern psg juventus etc but that might no be too far around the corner either

1 minute ago, Masonic said:

from what i understand only the top teams will be put in a "super league" the fa should follow suit and swallow up the spfl and stick us in with the english and welsh clubs dont have the exact plan in terms of how it would work but would be good imo. could also do away with the rank rotten national team anaw and just have a team GB.

its not quite the super league with barca real man utd bayern psg juventus etc but that might no be too far around the corner either

Yea go team GB !

Stop your nonsense

2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

I doubt that The Dutch and Belgium international teams are merging. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I doubt that The Dutch and Belgium international teams are merging. 

na mate they aint but their associations aint corrupt

https://inews.co.uk/news/dutch-belgian-football-superleague-cross-border-uefa-proposal-506046

talks between Belgium and the Netherlands are in a preliminary stage

Any new league would need to be voted through by individual clubs, which would be a significant challenge, with opposition from fans likely, and smaller clubs fearful that they would no longer be in the top division

formal talks with the Belgium football association could begin next year

I can see Celtic and Rangers sounding out the Belgians and Dutch about this. I reckon they'd both join if the opportunity arose.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah seems very tentative. If it was to happen you could envisage the OF wanting to join. 

I seem to remember an 'Atlantic League' being one of their hairbrained schemes back in the late 90s/ early 2000s.

Belgium and Holland merging the top leagues. Why not top 4 from each of these countries joining Hearts,Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen for a 12 team North European Super League. Potentially massive financial benefit 

26 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yea go team GB !

Stop your nonsense

Imagine the carnage if all 4 nations fans pitched up to support team GB🤣

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Imagine the carnage if all 4 nations fans pitched up to support team GB🤣

Agreeing what songs to sing could take a while. 

Allowayjambo1874
5 minutes ago, 8ac said:

Belgium and Holland merging the top leagues. Why not top 4 from each of these countries joining Hearts,Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen for a 12 team North European Super League. Potentially massive financial benefit 

Why would we have top 4 from other countries and hand pick Scottish teams? We’ve not been in top four for a while! 😢

7 minutes ago, 8ac said:

I’d hate to see how we’d fare in that league!

4 minutes ago, 8ac said:

Netherlands and Belgium are close, fans can drive, get trains etc cross country. The idea does make some degree of sense if the idea is to strengthen their leagues/teams financially. 

To suggest taking top 4 teams from each and adding 4 from Scotland and excluding Hibs is next level nonsense.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, 8ac said:

We can't be included as a top 4 club by right atm. 

Hearts, hibs and Aberdeen are fine here. 

Get the OF to ****. 

10 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Why would we have top 4 from other countries and hand pick Scottish teams? We’ve not been in top four for a while! 😢

All about the money. 

Terrible idea and should be vetoed by other European Nations. This will spell the end of domestic football and it’s already pretty broken as it is. 

The Idea of us and the English & Welsh leagues merging is an absolute abomination, that should never be allowed to happen. 

Anyone that thinks that Hearts would be a EPL team or Championship team who would benefit from that needs to put the needles, the bottle or the crackpipe down.

It would probably spell the end of this club and other Scottish clubs. It’s already very difficult for big English clubs to compete and stay alive nevermind ourselves. Hopefully it will never be anything other than some Weegie OF pipedream.

Bazzas right boot
Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Terrible idea and should be vetoed by other European Nations. This will spell the end of domestic football and it’s already pretty broken as it is. 

The Idea of us and the English & Welsh leagues merging is an absolute abomination, that should never be allowed to happen. 

Anyone that thinks that Hearts would be a EPL team or Championship team who would benefit from that needs to put the needles, the bottle or the crackpipe down.

It would probably spell the end of this club and other Scottish clubs. It’s already very difficult for big English clubs to compete and stay alive nevermind ourselves. Hopefully it will never be anything other than some Weegie OF pipedream.

We'd ever win a trophy again. 

We'd feel like Everton or Newcastle fans. 

😂

Johnny Sandiego

Would be well up for the Old Firm pissing off and joining any league they want. No colt teams left in Scotland either, a clean break with them out of here.

Think that would make the football here much more enjoyable. We would all have much more chance of winning stuff and winning teams in theory should bring out more supporters. 

We would have to accept the TV money would dry up and some teams who depend on the OF away fans to keep them afloat would have to adapt. Short term pain for long term gain though.

I'd love us to merge leagues with a couple of European countries. Scottish football is awful and it would make for some great trips and games.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:
  Hide contents

We'd ever win a trophy again. 

We'd feel like Everton or Newcastle fans. 

😂

Correct. We’d end up as a struggling League 2 or League 1 club playing infront of 5,000 fans everyweek with absolutely no expectations other than consolidating 10th-15th place if we were lucky. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

I can see Celtic and Rangers sounding out the Belgians and Dutch about this. I reckon they'd both join if the opportunity arose.

I hope they both feck off tomorrow and leave the rest of us to enjoy a real competition.  They two feck up everything.  Not just football wise but also our whole culture.  Imagine our country if those two didn't exist.  Bliss!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The OF will be all over this. 

Bye, bye. 

Fingers crossed.  And none of their colt teams allowed to stay here.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Correct. We’d end up as a struggling League 2 or League 1 club playing infront of 5,000 fans everyweek with absolutely no expectations other than consolidating 10th-15th place if we were lucky. 

And even if we did so a Brentford or Brighton. Or even ended up like a derby, Leeds or Notts forest 

Best you can hope for is promotion and a  top 15 finish. 

Honestly, dull as ****. 

In about 20 years time when all the cups are being won by the same teams over and over, something has got to give. 

Must be dull as **** being an Everton fan for example. 

No threat of relegation, little hope of Europe or even a final, never mind a cup win. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Fingers crossed.  And none of their colt teams allowed to stay here.

👍🤞

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

Old news going back to 2018 that has just been picked up by the English tabloids.

The Dutch and Belgian associations have been taking for many years about amalgamation but have been thwarted by UEFA. 

in English please...

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah seems very tentative. If it was to happen you could envisage the OF wanting to join. 

Could be a good thing if it gets the ugly sisters out of Scottish football.

The rest of us can then enjoy a competitive and bigot free league.

As for the OP his username indicates why he wants a team GB.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There’s no value to English football in taking Scottish clubs

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Would be well up for the Old Firm pissing off and joining any league they want. No colt teams left in Scotland either, a clean break with them out of here.

Think that would make the football here much more enjoyable. We would all have much more chance of winning stuff and winning teams in theory should bring out more supporters. 

We would have to accept the TV money would dry up and some teams who depend on the OF away fans to keep them afloat would have to adapt. Short term pain for long term gain though.

I don't buy the sponsorship stuff tbh. 

Someone with more bandwith  will know exactly, but I think the OF between them take around 50% of all the money, so even if it halved we'd be as is. 

Even in regards to crowds, if say Hearts, Aberdeen, hibs, Well were all doing well they'd fill the away ends plus some. 

In a perverse way, losing the OF might actually increase away crowds and crowds in general as teams end up higher in the league and have a far better chance of winning things. 

Pretty sure I seen 60% somewhere as well. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Whether you like the OF or not, they make us money and the League would be considerably devalued and much poorer without them. That is a stonewall fact of life.

It would probably be more competitive, but it would be shit and the standard of player, crowds and the revenue would significantly decrease. Many clubs in Scotland would not survive and that would mean we would struggle to remain with a top flight of professional players having a knock on effect across our entire game and society as a whole.

So, absolutely ****ing no way in a billion years should we allow the OF to leave this league. They are Scottish clubs and they belong here in Scotland, whether you like it or not.

55 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I hope they both feck off tomorrow and leave the rest of us to enjoy a real competition.  They two feck up everything.  Not just football wise but also our whole culture.  Imagine our country if those two didn't exist.  Bliss!

I wouldn't miss them; or their rotten to the core support. 

There would obviously be a bit of upheaval and a few bumps on the road if they joined another league but it would settle quickly. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. are in good financial health now and would flourish with a genuinely open title up for grabs. A lot less TV/sponsorship money in it but if we all cut our cloth, blood more youngsters and so on it shouldn't be a problem. 

However, absolutely no Celtic/Rangers cult teams left behind in a new league or, somehow, taking CL qualification places with them. If that happened I'd be finished with the game. They could still be in the Scottish Cup but that's it. 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Whether you like the OF or not, they make us money and the League would be considerably devalued and much poorer without them. That is a stonewall fact of life.

It would probably be more competitive, but it would be shit and the standard of player, crowds and the revenue would significantly decrease. Many clubs in Scotland would not survive and that would mean we would struggle to remain with a top flight of professional players having a knock on effect across our entire game and society as a whole.

So, absolutely ****ing no way in a billion years should we allow the OF to leave this league. They are Scottish clubs and they belong here in Scotland, whether you like it or not.

Like how the crowds went down when Sevco weren’t in the top league?  For most teams, their crowds went up.  And that was in an uncompetitive 1 horse race.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

😂😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Like how the crowds went down when Sevco weren’t in the top league?  For most teams, their crowds went up.  And that was in an uncompetitive 1 horse race.

Not the same thing. Not even remotely close.

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

😂😂😂😂

??? Clueless

23 minutes ago, martoon said:

I wouldn't miss them; or their rotten to the core support. 

There would obviously be a bit of upheaval and a few bumps on the road if they joined another league but it would settle quickly. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. are in good financial health now and would flourish with a genuinely open title up for grabs. A lot less TV/sponsorship money in it but if we all cut our cloth, blood more youngsters and so on it shouldn't be a problem. 

However, absolutely no Celtic/Rangers cult teams left behind in a new league or, somehow, taking CL qualification places with them. If that happened I'd be finished with the game. They could still be in the Scottish Cup but that's it. 

Whenever the subject of them leaving comes up, someone always mentions the fact that all the media coverage would go onto the league they join and they would just ignore what was left.  So fecking what!  It doesn't matter as much with social media.  Until they feck off or we have a larger league, it will be like this for the next 30 years.  No one out with the bassas is ever going to win the league.  No wonder fans fall away from the game when everything revolves around those two and Strathclyde in general.  The short term gain of having a possible four home games against them means that it's the same old for the next 20 to 30 years.  It's completely disheartening when you a totally think about it.  It's only the loyalty to their club that is keeping a lot of fans in the game.  Looking at how many are staying away due to our situation and the loyalty aspect won't help keeps fans involved like it used to.  I love Hearts and a lot of the culture that comes with Scottish football but as a game it is a pretty shite state of affairs.  If only the old firm would feck off so we could have a proper competition.  If they did feck off and our club allowed them to keep colt teams in the league, I'd give up.  

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Whenever the subject of them leaving comes up, someone always mentions the fact that all the media coverage would go onto the league they join and they would just ignore what was left.  So fecking what!  It doesn't matter as much with social media.  Until they feck off or we have a larger league, it will be like this for the next 30 years.  No one out with the bassas is ever going to win the league.  No wonder fans fall away from the game when everything revolves around those two and Strathclyde in general.  The short term gain of having a possible four home games against them means that it's the same old for the next 20 to 30 years.  It's completely disheartening when you a totally think about it.  It's only the loyalty to their club that is keeping a lot of fans in the game.  Looking at how many are staying away due to our situation and the loyalty aspect won't help keeps fans involved like it used to.  I love Hearts and a lot of the culture that comes with Scottish football but as a game it is a pretty shite state of affairs.  If only the old firm would feck off so we could have a proper competition.  If they did feck off and our club allowed them to keep colt teams in the league, I'd give up.  

All true. The majority of the games we play every season are in a competition we can't win. Profoundly depressing. 

How could an alternative to that not be better? 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

All true. The majority of the games we play every season are in a competition we can't win. Profoundly depressing. 

How could an alternative to that not be better? 

Our club are just as much to blame with the short term attitude of having 4 old firm games at home.  

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

Away games in Plymouth, Sarfend, Exeter, Maidstone, Torquay etc and that's only Rangers. Aye... right!

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Spot on. 

And it’s not as if their verminous fans, or the sycophantic media, would leave with them either.