The Gorgie Road Sign - Poll

Maroon Sailor

Gorgie Road Sign - Poll  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Should we re-create the Gorgie Road sign?

5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

See those old Masters messing up our nice new galleries with their old paintings 😂😂😂

Aye, feck tradition. :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• been here before

• johnthomas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

How about making a new gate?

image.thumb.png.907a2239629daeedf090ecfe4514b09b.png

A taller and more decorative gate would be good. Weaving the script into and through the metalwork. They did something for the memorial garden...something bolder and more detailed here would be good.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Meadows said:

The old one was last seen in a state of disrepair in Redford Barracks of all places ! Don’t ask me why 🤷‍♂️

Probably took pride of place in the officers mess

Maroon Sailor

I think the general consensus is to have some kind of re-creation of the sign that wouldn't look out of place at the redeveloped Tynecastle and facing the Gorgie Road.

Surprised at some of the regulars who said 'No' That sign played an important part of my childhood growing up following The Famous and attending games with my Dad.

Maroon Sailor
31 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Surprised at some of the regulars who said 'No' That sign played an important part of my childhood growing up following The Famous and attending games with my Dad.

The Aye's have it

21 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Voted no. Think instead of harking back to the past we should instead do things to modernise the matchday experience.  The younger football fans of today and tomorrow look for a lot more from matchday than just what is on the park. Spend money on this rather than a sign.

fellow-kids-social-media-blog-1080x675.p

9 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

See those old Masters messing up our nice new galleries with their old paintings 😂😂😂

:gok: It's hardly a work of art. It looks crap!

Maroon Sailor
31 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I voted no just to get it past 10 per cent 😁

Schweinhund !

King Of The Cat Cafe
24 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Schweinhund !

I am hoping for a 52 - 48 per cent split so we can spend the next three years arguing about it.

19 hours ago, stan said:

A taller and more decorative gate would be good. Weaving the script into and through the metalwork. They did something for the memorial garden...something bolder and more detailed here would be good.

That looks good. The wee sign that some one photoshopped looked shite. 

On 23/10/2019 at 09:20, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the font and crest in the black and white pictures are better looking than the modern one. 

As Ragnar states it's an iconic symbol and anyone belonging to Edinburgh or entered the ground as a football fan via those Gorgie Rd turnstiles pre 1994 will forever have that fantastic sign etched in their memory bank. 

Any 'Yung Yin' looking to knock it and its presence at the ground speaks volumes for their generation who don't give a shit about the history of our club, that sign stood for 60 odd years but for me it's best left as the iconic sign it was, the gate however is a grand idea.