Daily Record

Robbo-Jambo

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

This is a thread about the Daily Record, what have newspapers got to do with it ?

Fair point :D

Glamorgan Jambo

What the snotty rangers loving 'journos' at the Record have to say about us is of no concern or relevance to us.

It just confirms that we upset them yesterday and Uche is finding his best form again.

It was interesting in the post match interview on BT to hear Craig saying a 'fit and focused' Uche is a handful for any defence. We've all known about his fitness issues over the past year (happily he seems to be putting these behind him) but not sure about his focus issues. Hopefully these are also sorted.

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I completely agree. Don't understand why Hearts fans would buy that rag. The currant bun too. 2 utterly ghastly newspapers if you can even call them that.

I got offered the bun for free the other day, but declined. Shop attendant said that was a common response :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What that rag says matters nothing to me.  Weegie filth to its core.  Uche is ours and I am mighty proud to have him.

Correct.  The publication is a biased waste of newsprint.

queensferryjambo

Uche is a real threat to teams. He is an easy target because he stands out. The level of criticism of him and how he plays is unlike criticism of other players. 

As well as the Glasgow tabloid rags Steven Thomson, Michael Stewart and Jonathon Sutherland on Sportscene have also singled out Uche over the last two seasons for undue criticism that has not been leveled at any other player in the league.

IMO they are starting to back pedal realising Uche has a lot more to him than they first thought. I am now loving the new slant on Uche criticism, last season he was 'not a football player' this season he can only raise his game for the big games.  

Uche is only 24 and will only get better IMO he will make them all choke on their words.

31 minutes ago, farin said:

They just couldn’t handle him, players were bouncing off him yesterday. Built like a brick shithouse. 😄

9943F71F-FB9E-4358-B748-37E2621CA696.thumb.jpeg.9808e26b591b514c7eeabf3095e64a8a.jpeg

😄

Thought the Liverpool fans refusing to buy the sun after Hillsborough was the most appropriate way to respond myself. The Daily Record has been a biased, Glasgow focused rag for as long as I can remember so therefore they don't get my coin.

AlphonseCapone
18 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Is it just me or is that rag being very condescending towards the big man in their report. 😏

He is described as being like an elephant getting buns thrown to him. 

His first touch is a tackle,his elegance and poise are two villages in France and he turns as easily as the QE 2 in a bath tub. 

Also he is the football equivalent of a 3 litre bottle of a head spinning cider. 

Then they say he is effective but can't help feel that their descriptions of him are a bit vindictive of him and they are taking the piss out of him. 

Maybe it's me being a bit of a snowflake 😄 but really think they are being as sly as **** with their descriptions of him and bang out of order tbh. 

Thoughts? 

It's really weird they know how long it takes the Queen to turn in the bath. 

Sour grapes is all. Clearly hurting which is pleasing. Just been to chat to the hun that told me Tavenier is a £10M player actually laughable to delusions they have over there.  

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's really weird they know how long it takes the Queen to turn in the bath. 

🤭

I'd rather nail my tadger to a 2X4 than read that weedie shite wrapper.  That and The Sun are not worth wasting my time reading.  Crap journalism and terrible writing.  Plus they espouse such garbage coming out of Castle GreySkull and Darkheid as prophetic fact.

If they said - and I'm certainly not gonna read the article to check - that "his first touch is a tackle" then that already says enough, the writer obviously didn't actually watch the game.

5 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

Thought the Liverpool fans refusing to buy the sun after Hillsborough was the most appropriate way to respond myself. The Daily Record has been a biased, Glasgow focused rag for as long as I can remember so therefore they don't get my coin.

Only way to go Rantic rag, as is the Scottish Sun.