Clare

Brauhauser2012

Brauhauser2012

Weeks after week I watch this guy jogging about aimlessly. Today we took off Meshino and left Clare on. Meshino is 21 and didn't look tired at all and his goal was fantastic. Clare had one attacking run, other than that can't think of any contribution.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Spoleto

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Just now, graygo said:

Nah, had one of his better games today. Not difficult right enough.

Suspect the OP is seeking a lead lining for his cloud...

Had a poor end to first half and I didn’t want to seem him re-appear for second but he was lively first twenty minutes of first half and thought he battled well and fought to get into the game in second half. Done his bit today and showed some neat touches.

3 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Weeks after week I watch this guy jogging about aimlessly. Today we took off Meshino and left Clare on. Meshino is 21 and didn't look tired at all and his goal was fantastic. Clare had one attacking run, other than that can't think of any contribution.

I'm firmly in the he should be dropped camp.

But today he was much improved.

I thought Clare played very well today, and I’ve been pretty vocal in my criticism of him. Finally saw the sort of aggression that he needs to display to have a positive impact. 

Bazzas right boot

Meshino offered little second half. 

Clare was decent today. 

Not sure why anyone would single out any of our players. 

All were decent a few were very good. 

He was better today and looked interested 

I'm happy to have a dig when he's poor but i thought he was good today. Like the rest of this team it will mean nothing if we don't start doing it week in week out especially against the smaller sides 

Some people at hearts don’t have a clue about football like shouting at him to get wide...take a minute a think maybe the tactics was to stay narrow...had one off his better games work hard..some nice touches..

jamboinglasgow

think he works best in a 3 behind the striker. Work hard, won tackles and made a few pushes into the box. If we can get him confident I think he will turn good.

Thought Clare had one of his better games. Some good play, was tough and flew into tackles.

Defensively though I think he was leaving Hickey a lot to cover during the first half. Think he is best in the middle.

OP obviously just has it in for the guy. Not his biggest fan by any means but I thought he played well today and that was the general consensus from the 6 or 7 of my mates who went for a pint after the game.

Diadora Van Basten

Just goes to show how people see different games. I thought his defending was criminal because he continually failed to track the Rangers left back.

wattie exploited

he played well today so give the guy some credit there are so many people on here just love to have a go at him  , thats the best I think I have seen him play for us still got more to give but he gave a lot of effort today for once :rifle:

Tynecastlesmychurch
21 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Thought Clare was good today. Each to their own I suppose.

Brauhauser2012

Most people seem to think he played well today. I'm always open to being wrong, its just the way you see it sometimes. I see him losing possession going forward , not tracking back, not defending, others obviously see something else. I'd love to see him take some players on, keep possession and get a shot off on target or thread the ball through to someone else in a scoring position. Perhaps if I keep watching him I'll see what everyone else sees.

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Clare was superb today. 

Far too many missing what he does.

stirlingshirejambo
3 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Most people seem to think he played well today. I'm always open to being wrong, its just the way you see it sometimes. I see him losing possession going forward , not tracking back, not defending, others obviously see something else. I'd love to see him take some players on, keep possession and get a shot off on target or thread the ball through to someone else in a scoring position. Perhaps if I keep watching him I'll see what everyone else sees.

Take off the " I've already decided before the game hes going to be crap today " blinkers and you will see he had a good game today. Worked hard contested tackles and had a couple decent positive runs. Needs to do that consistentky though to deserve a starting spot

Clare is the de facto fans' scapegoat. Yes, he has underachieved relative to what I thought we were getting, but he is actually often no worse than a lot of the other underperformers who get a much easier time of it from the fans. Thought he did reasonably well today.

32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clare was decent today. 

I have a suspicion as to why he’s constantly singled out but let’s not get into it today. A very good team performance first 40, done well to not let the heads go down and compete the rest of the game. 

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Clare was superb today. 

Far too many missing what he does.

Thought he was good as well. Why not elaborate a bit and tell us what you see that others are missing.

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clare was decent today. 

I actually thought Meshino did look tired and was rightly taken off. 

Clare was good in parts. Mediocre in larger parts and offers no support to the full back behind him. 

Going forward he can look a threat but still doesn’t do anywhere near enough. Silly booking aswell. 

Mulraney is worse than him though. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Thought he was good as well. Why not elaborate a bit and tell us what you see that others are missing.

At least 3 times today he covered the ground to block passes, he covered back and won a header at the back post, several flick ons header wise today, a few weeks back he hardly got off the ground. I just think he could offer more and does look lazy tracking back at times but competition for places will bring out the best in him, as will letting him settle in one position.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Clare was good in parts. Mediocre in larger parts and offers no support to the full back behind him. 

Going forward he can look a threat but still doesn’t do anywhere near enough. Silly booking aswell. 

Junior pointed out meshino had done a fair bit travelling of late so excusable if he tired.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

At least 3 times today he covered the ground to block passes, he covered back and won a header at the back post, several flick ons header wise today, a few weeks back he hardly got off the ground. I just think he could offer more and does look lazy tracking back at times but competition for places will bring out the best in him, as will letting him settle in one position.

Cheers. Good summary and I ho-e you’re right about competition for places.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Junior pointed out meshino had done a fair bit travelling of late so excusable if he tired.

Yeah fair point. He played well first half but didn’t get into the game in the second half. That’s when we need Mulraney and Clare to step up as we struggled a bit for creativity without Meshino. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Mulraney kept Tarveiner quiet. 

Done a good defensive job imo. 

Excellent cross for the uche header that hit the bar and a couple of good driving runs second half. Problem is he looks lost when we’ve not got the ball. Doesn’t track runners and is really slow to close the opposition down. I’m not sure if it’s lack of will or he just doesn’t sense danger. Whatever it is he needs to improve on it if he wants to have a successful career. 

56 minutes ago, Paolo said:

He was better today, without being brilliant.   Still not sure if he is good enough for us, though.  

Clare had too many poor passes and never worked hard enough I really felt sorry for young Hickey as Clare just never help the kid enough. It seems Clare is getting away with a couple of good runs and that’s all he does. How he gets away with it shows you that he is a favourite of Levein who can do no wrong.

VagabondJambo
34 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Going to be massive for us, he will come on to it, done well today, showed some heart. 

This!

So pleased to finally see many positive comments about Sean Clare (despite the negative OP)!

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Clare got stuck in a spose just not enough .Should be horses from our famous club as of now

He appeared to work a bit harder today. But overall as average a performance as ever. Gives the ball away far too much. Continues to be a disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Thought Clare played well today. Couldn’t understand why we didn’t take Mulraney off instead of Meshino, and put Meshino wide.

been here before

Was ok today but as usual seemed to fade. There's times where he's really slow to read the game. There's a saying about the first yard being in your head, Clare seems to lack this when the balls in open play.

Some nice footwork at times but Im still just not seeing it. Interesting to note in todays programme that should he play against Livvy next week and in Perth next Wednesday he'll have 50 games under his belt.

As an aside and before the 'He's only singled out cos he's black' morons wade in, may I also point out there are threads on the following players after todays game

Meshino

Berra

Whelan

Uche

Michael Smith

Pereira.

Edited by been here before

2 hours ago, cunny1874 said:

Some people at hearts don’t have a clue about football like shouting at him to get wide...take a minute a think maybe the tactics was to stay narrow...had one off his better games work hard..some nice touches..

Left Hickey 2 on 1 constantly in the first half. 

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Clare was tremendous most of the game today. Smith, Berra, Clare and the big man all 8s imo.

He was most definitely not tremendous what game were you watching 

For a lot of that game there was a massive hole between uche and midfield where he should be 

He does not give it all for 90 mins just odd flashes .... I do think he could be a good player but he has had too long now and is not happening