Berra

rick witter

He deserves a special mention today. 

Along with Whelan and Uche they were absolutely outstanding. That’s a good team spine regardless of injuries and the standard has now been set for the coming games. 

Just now, rick witter said:

Along with Whelan and Uche they were absolutely outstanding. That’s a good team spine regardless of injuries and the standard has now been set for the coming games. 

Nearly won it at the end too. A little more power on the throw and that header was in. 
I feared he had lost his ability and confidence. Today showed it’s still in there. 

Just now, gjcc said:

Nearly won it at the end too. A little more power on the throw and that header was in. 
I feared he had lost his ability and confidence. Today showed it’s still in there. 

Definitely. He has had a hard time of late but he handled Morelos really well. 

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Totally agree. He was immense. I know you get a load of abuse regarding your comments but I normally agree with you. Obviously a good football man 😉

P.s Smith was head and shoulders above everyone today

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Said on the match day thread I thought he had his best game in yonks

Unfortunately some clown called Djoum got me banned from that 😢

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Totally agree. He was immense. I know you get a load of abuse regarding your comments but I normally agree with you. Obviously a good football man 😉

P.s Smith was head and shoulders above everyone today

Cheers 👍🏻

Sometimes when you speak the truth you get a bit grief. 

I actually meant to add Smith into the list of players. I posted on the Smith thread. 

I really wish Mulraney and Clare could come into games with the attitude of these guys. 

Jambo, Goodbye

Hopefully he can be more consistent because when Berra is like how he was today,  we've got an incredible captain to lead us.

He partners Smith very well at the back too. A very experienced pair in front of a confident looking goalkeeper. 

chester copperpot
7 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Cheers 👍🏻

Sometimes when you speak the truth you get a bit grief. 

I actually meant to add Smith into the list of players. I posted on the Smith thread. 

I really wish Mulraney and Clare could come into games with the attitude of these guys. 

If Clare had the heart of those mentioned, he wouldn't be at Hearts mate. There is a great player in there though, just not sure it's in Scotland.

14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Spot on

26 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

If Clare had the heart of those mentioned, he wouldn't be at Hearts mate. There is a great player in there though, just not sure it's in Scotland.

That’s the frustrating thing about him. Shows his talent in far too brief cameos

42 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Thought Smith was mom by a mile. Berra played well.  

jamboinglasgow

Certainly he is starting to get back to how he should after a poor start to the season. Hopefully it is a positive sign that some players are getting back to their level again.

Brilliant from Berra. Surprised at the comments for Whalen. Thought he was average today (he’s been brilliant since he came in) 

Clare and Mulroney still wasting shirts if you ask me! 

Smith was brilliant as he always is and having a capable goalie helps the defence massively. 

Hope the bunch I overheard going on about Berra on Dalry Rd on the way to the game are reading this thread. If they are 'what he brings ' includes aerial dominance, last ditch interceptions and leadership. Great stuff. 

Looked more comfortable, not hobbling much. No hoofs either, played it along the deck.

He was quite fired up today, the aggression he showed to Morelos :D