Birthday presents for a 1yr old?

Never Let Them Forget

Never Let Them Forget

I am really stuck what to get my little girl for her 1st birthday? Has kickbackers got any suggestions or links to help me out? 😀

If you have the space for one i'd recommend one of these. I'm a father of 4 so have seen plenty of toys bought and then sold again 6 months down the line and this (or similar) has been a hit with all 4.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Light-Go-Treehouse/dp/B01CV08N8W

Again if you have the space a ballpool can be quite good too, even just pick up a cheap paddling pool and the balls. Loads of fun, apart from when it gets emptied and you have to tidy the balls back up :lol:

A bit random, perhaps, but how about a puppy? They'd grow up together and it would certainly provide a great deal of entertainment for your wee girl.

Probably be a fantastic aid to her alertness and development, too. 

Салатные палочки

My youngest daughter was one in August and we just got her loads of wee musical things, blocks and shapes. This is probably the last birthday and Christmas you could get away with not spending that much on them, although, as was the case with my gf, that doesn't matter to them. She ended up with all sorts, including a rocking unicorn that she definitely is too wee for. 

The wee one loves this. It plays music, has shapes in it, talks to them and it wheels around. It's not that expensive but I've found with my wee one if it's loud, colourful and annoys you after a while, they will no doubt love it. 

549990025_Screenshot_20191020-074029_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.ffe91cad6e5b5452eb3567610f959d69.jpg

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just get her nothing. Its not like she's going to remember.

Tough love.

This. Crazy how over the top people go for a day that they'll never remember. 

Салатные палочки

The above is of course true but doesn't seem to apply to women, who want to spend a fortune. 

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, martoon said:

A bit random, perhaps, but how about a puppy? They'd grow up together and it would certainly provide a great deal of entertainment for your wee girl.

Probably be a fantastic aid to her alertness and development, too. 

I understand what you mean but in reality who takes the dog out.

The wife of course.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

A puppy (as mentioned above) plus some whisky that is beginning it's maturity right now - when she's 18 (if you bring her up the right way), you can enjoy it together.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I understand what you mean but in reality who takes the dog out.

The wife of course.

That's why the thinking man would get a cat. Let's face it, cats > dogs.

If she'd not going to remember, just get her a big cardboard box. She'll have a great time with that.

Oh, and so you're not seen as a scrooge, get her a piece of jewelry, like an engraved locket with her photo in, which she can keep. 

A baby at 1 year old might not remember their first birthday and presents in the immediate timeframe but the photos of the day will last that individual and the family a lifetime.

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Shitting her pants and crying like most 1 year olds, probably.

Give her a fright and a sad film to watch then, she'll be in hog heaven.

19 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

I am really stuck what to get my little girl for her 1st birthday? Has kickbackers got any suggestions or links to help me out? 😀

Anything. She's 1 and will have no idea what is going on, nor will she have any memory of it. 

11 minutes ago, SecN said:

A baby at 1 year old might not remember their first birthday and presents in the immediate timeframe but the photos of the day will last that individual and the family a lifetime.

Really? I couldn't give a crap about my first birthday. Don't think I've ever even seen the photos.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Give her a fright and a sad film to watch then, she'll be in hog heaven.

Jump out on her with a scream mask then watch marley & me. Think we've solved the problem here.

been here before
27 minutes ago, SecN said:

Tesco

Toy Aisle

Plonk her down with toy.

Snap in the immediate timeframe.

Job done.

14 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Jump out on her with a scream mask then watch marley & me. Think we've solved the problem here.

Parentz4lyfe, piece of piss this.

dobmisterdobster

This thread will be useful for me in the future.

My daughter is only 15wks but I intend to celebrate her first birthday even if she won't remember it.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Lots of books that you can read together. Everything else in the toy shop is plastic tat.

I tried that and ended up having to do all the bloomin reading myself.  

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

I tried that and ended up having to do all the bloomin reading myself.  

Get them audio books this year and you can listen together...

...Actually, never mind. 

Carl Fredrickson

Both my kids (aged 4 & 9) love books. My oldest is an advanced reader in his class and their love of books and stories is probably due to bedtime stories from a very early age. It also helps with a bedtime routine. 

My youngest got a set of cardboard cube building blocks for her 1st birthday which she loved and still plays with. Letters and numbers and animals are on them. Also Duplo was a favourite with both of mine too. 

Enjoy the young "play" years as it will not be long before they want a phone and PS4/5 or whatever the young folk use. 

If not done already a savings account/Isa. 

We started one for junior when he was 1 and so far, putting away only small amounts each month, there is enough for a first car (slightly better than a dent it all you like runaround) in today's market. But we hope there will be enough to give him options when he is older, machine drivers licence, university/college options etc. Something to give him a chance at a decent start.

17 hours ago, gjcc said:

Get them audio books this year and you can listen together...

...Actually, never mind. 

No, no, that's a great Idea I might just get someone one for xmas. 👍🏻 :D 

CavySlaveJambo

I would agree with the books comment. Some classic selections like “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” if she doesn’t have them already plus all children deserve their very own mini library