Parking ticket

3fingersreid

Daughters managed to get a ticket whilst parking at Aldi’s , 5 mins over the 2 hours 🙈

Is it still the done thing to ignore the letters or is there any change in the law ? 
cheers 

been here before

Aye dingy it as per every other thread on the subject matter.

Youll get a reminder but treat it with similar dinginess.

Ignore it mate. Could probably contest that but ultimately it isnt worth the paper the letters are printed on. 

Cheers , didn’t want to start a new thread but couldn’t find one of the older ones , hope it doesn’t upset you too much BHB 😉

More pissed off she asked me to go half’s  with her 😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Cheers , didn’t want to start a new thread but couldn’t find one of the older ones , hope it doesn’t upset you too much BHB 😉

More pissed off she asked me to go half’s  with her 😂😂😂😂

Just ask for her half of the money, and ignore. :lol: 

jack D and coke

I got one of these attempted robbery tickets a few months ago and started a thread to ask, was advised to ignore. 
Got a couple of threatening letters, maybe four altogether after the initial fine and haven’t heard anything again. 
**** them off mate, don’t worry about it. 

jack D and coke
58 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Got my first ever one today from Euro Car Parks for stopping off at the Salisbury Arms car park for 16 minutes. 

Assume it's an ignore, too?

I read that the only mistake you can make is to get in contact with them. 
Completely blank is the best policy. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Cheers. 

Apparently it’s keeper/driver thing. They can’t prove who was driving so can’t actually take you to court. 

Yeah believe that’s correct. 
Ive often wondered who works for companies like this. 
Thieves is all they are. 

Edited by jack D and coke

been here before
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Cheers. 

Apparently it’s keeper/driver thing. They can’t prove who was driving so can’t actually take you to court. 

Thats the gist of it.

Just pie it as the yoofs say. Stick it to The Man.

Dave McCreery's knee

Got one the other day for leaving my car for 15 hours at Moto service station at Kinross. I had met my pal to head up north for the day and he drove. Didn't see the signs but they can whistle, wont acknowledge any letters. 

• 2 weeks later...
stirlingshirejambo

I was late for the last home game parked in McDonald’s 

mad car is registered to my dad he got letter for 50 fine witching a week it had gone up to 160

i just called to explain my dads disabled so he can’t drive and therefore he wouldn’t be paying

i was going offer pay the original fine as it was my fault but he insisted I pay 160 and slammed phone down on me

had it been in my name I’d ignore it but can’t have my old dad getting these letters as it’s threatening him with court and he thinks anything like that is official

4 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

mad car is registered to my dad he got letter for 50 fine witching a week it had gone up to 160

i just called to explain my dads disabled so he can’t drive and therefore he wouldn’t be paying

i was going offer pay the original fine as it was my fault but he insisted I pay 160 and slammed phone down on me

had it been in my name I’d ignore it but can’t have my old dad getting these letters as it’s threatening him with court and he thinks anything like that is official

Sadly, once you've made contact with them you've accepted liability, though ignoring them may still work, as there's nothing in writing. But as you don't want your dad to get the letters, that doesn't seem to be an option for you. I think your only other thing you could do, would be to speak to a Manager at McDonalds, who hire the parking sharks, and see if they can do anything for you. Good luck. 

Just received the second letter with the increased fine and all for 2 minutes.

What I can’t get is why don’t they send the letters recorded delivery , my daughter “ hasn’t received any letters”😉 as far as we’re concerned . 

stirlingshirejambo
43 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Sadly, once you've made contact with them you've accepted liability, though ignoring them may still work, as there's nothing in writing. But as you don't want your dad to get the letters, that doesn't seem to be an option for you. I think your only other thing you could do, would be to speak to a Manager at McDonalds, who hire the parking sharks, and see if they can do anything for you. Good luck. 

Think your right

i don’t want give the arsehole who hung up on me the satisfaction When I called but I’ll pay it for my dads sake

lesson learned for me . Need transfer car into my name I’ve only had it 8 years !!!!

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

I’d still sling it a deefy mate. 
It’s horrible these threatening letters though the older ones really shite it with that stuff. 
Think it was our ex sponsor Wonga that got hauled over the coals for those types of threatening letters when their was actually jack they can do about it. It was basically just a scare tactic that sadly works with some people. 
Horrible companies. You can imagine the scum that is behind them too. 

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d still sling it a deefy mate. 
It’s horrible these threatening letters though the older ones really shite it with that stuff. 
Think it was our ex sponsor Wonga that got hauled over the coals for those types of threatening letters when their was actually jack they can do about it. It was basically just a scare tactic that sadly works with some people. 
Horrible companies. You can imagine the scum that is behind them too. 

Bit like when pensioners get a leaflet through the door claiming they’ll not have a state pension in an independent Scotland I suppose.