Selling a car

Herbert.

Depends what you value more time or money. 

A site like webuyanycar will almost certainly get you a lower price but be a quick process. They’ll often try knock money off the online quote in person. 

Advertising online will likely leave you inundated with time wasters and shysters trying to knock the price down even if it’s for sale at a reasonable level. But ultimately you’ll likely end up with more than a webuyanycar type deal but significantly more investment in time. 

Don’t try we buy any car.com unless you are desperate for money

or are wealthy and don’t mind selling your car for peanuts 

try gumtree 

If is a wee run about then Gumtree. I've sold a few cars on this with good results.

WBAC ways going to give the worst figure if not worst when they actually look at it.

Are you trading it in? The garage might better WBAC.

Had some luck on Gumtree too. Don't list it for your bottom price or even what you hope to get out of it. Always go higher. You'll still get viewers (assuming you have the time, most folk will do evenings) and it gives you plenty room to negotiate. Some folk genuinely just pitch up and pay the asking price if they've set their heart on it. 

luckyBatistuta

Would never sell a car with webuyanycar ever again. It was years ago now, but still pees me off to this day. They gave me a price over the phone, which I accepted. I went to meet them to sell it and they offered hundreds less. I told them that’s not the price agreed on, but they said it was due to depreciation...it was the same week!!! The car was absolutely mint condition with not a mark on it, so just didn’t make sense...chancers.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

I don't think there is a best way to sell a car. You will rarely be happy with what you get for it. 

(unless you've got something that is actually desirable)

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Used webuyanycar and got more than the online quote. Might have got lucky.

Wont suit everyone.

I know people that have had similar experiences. 

I also know someone that worked for them. He got “let go” due ripping off a customer, turned out it was a “mystery shopper.” Seems management don’t take kindly to such practices as it damages their reputation. 

As I said earlier, you’re likely to get less than the car is worth but saves a hell of a lot of time if wanting a quick sale. Im pretty sure that’s how they market their business.