Kieron Bowie?

gov

Hearts are reportedly monitoring the progress of Raith Rovers youngster Kieron Bowie.

The 17-year old made his senior debut for the Kirkcaldy club at the tail end of the 2018/19 season while still at school.

His impressive performances with the first team persuaded Raith to tie him down on a new contract last summer, the deal trying him to his boyhood club until 2022.

Anyone seen him or heard much about him?

Салатные палочки

Says he's an attacker.  But I'm sure we could beat that out of him.  

The trickle up effect.   This is how football works and why I am not surprised at the interest being shown in Aaron Hickey.

I coach kids football in Fife and Kieron played against us many times. Fantastic left foot with pace and power.  Has many attributes for sure.  He only made the full time step up to Raith last year as was still playing boys club until he turned 16. 

2 minutes ago, PB21 said:

I coach kids football in Fife and Kieron played against us many times. Fantastic left foot with pace and power.  Has many attributes for sure.  He only made the full time step up to Raith last year as was still playing boys club until he turned 16. 

Me like :thumbs_up:

4 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Thanks, that is the kind of information i was looking for. 

Others just seem hell bent on moaning that it's just woeful looking at kickback these days

Edited by gov

Absolute Scenes

does he pass the "supporters" test? :

- will he score with his first touch inside 5 minutes of his debut?

- will he work really hard, but also not work too hard, in case he falls into the "headless chicken" category, but still work hard and not be chicken hearted?

- will he respond with utmost confidence when he misplaces his first pass and his family is assaulted by the Tynecastle loyal?

- will he happy to be personally attacked on all social media platforms and be expected to take personal abuse as "part of the job" because footballers are paid enough to accept abuse?

If he answers "no" to any of these crucial statements, then its an absolutely horrendous piece of wage thieving business and i'll personally drive him to the airport myself, help pack his bags and  then demand Anne Budge leaves, all the while protesting outside the stadium with my 4 other protestors for Luveen to go.

7 minutes ago, gov said:

Thanks, that is the kind of information i was looking for. 

Others just seem hell bent on moaning that it's just woeful looking at kickback these days

Yeah kickback getting worse!

He only left boys club around this time last year, hes worked really hard to be where he is as he was overlooked at various pro youth clubs for a long time. His goalscoring record was something like 170/180 in 105 games. As was a local article about his rise.  Couple lads in my tea friends with him and off the pitch he keeps self to self.  Tends to avoid parties until silly o clock etc. for example

11 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Likewise, I did similar in West Lothian.  In my opinion there is not enough effort placed on scouting youth club players at the older age groups (U16, U17 & U19).  Players should never consider themselves passed over just because they were not picked up at U13, U14 or U15.   My lad was fortunate to have been spotted at an early age but many who play for rural youth clubs are not.  

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Likewise, I did similar in West Lothian.  In my opinion there is not enough effort placed on scouting youth club players at the older age groups (U16, U17 & U19).  Players should never consider themselves passed over just because they were not picked up at U13, U14 or U15.   My lad was fortunate to have been spotted at an early age but many who play for rural youth clubs are not.  

Didn't Calum Paterson come through a similar route?

7 minutes ago, PB21 said:

He only left boys club around this time last year, hes worked really hard to be where he is as he was overlooked at various pro youth clubs for a long time. His goalscoring record was something like 170/180 in 105 games. As was a local article about his rise.  Couple lads in my tea friends with him and off the pitch he keeps self to self.  Tends to avoid parties until silly o clock etc. for example

Sounds like he is switched on and wants to progress! should get him in if his goal scoring record is that good! surprised he sounds like he slipped through the net with the pro teams but sounds a prospect. thanks for the info mate

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Yeah defo not enough effort - its poor.  We are u19s but i actually have a 16 year old GK, who is class but hes never been watched.  I've been fortunate to play at decent myself in past so knew some scouts who could come along.  A few have now watched him and he has 4 trials lined up but this has only come about due to me contacting them, it shouldn't be that way. Scouts stopped watching our games when turned u16s which is v poor. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

2nd post. Take a bow sir

:gok:

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

- will he work really hard, but also not work too hard, in case he falls into the "headless chicken" category, but still work hard and not be chicken hearted?

- will he respond with utmost confidence when he misplaces his first pass and his family is assaulted by the Tynecastle loyal?

- will he happy to be personally attacked on all social media platforms and be expected to take personal abuse as "part of the job" because footballers are paid enough to accept abuse?

If he answers "no" to any of these crucial statements, then its an absolutely horrendous piece of wage thieving business and i'll personally drive him to the airport myself, help pack his bags and  then demand Anne Budge leaves, all the while protesting outside the stadium with my 4 other protestors for Luveen to go.

The only test PHM need to worry about is "Does he have a Celticy sounding name?".

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The only test PHM need to worry about is "Does he have a Celticy sounding name?".

He’s doomed, in that case.  :wink: 

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I totally forgot this one ☹️ See, even I’m not full PHM status 😭😭

29 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Know a few Raith fans and they say he looks pretty decent 

A few........not sure I’m buying that. One maybe but a few........ :cornette:

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, PB21 said:

Good post. He was actually recommended to Hearts by a fife based scout 2-3 years ago while playing for glenrothes strollers...

Governor Tarkin
55 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I totally forgot this one ☹️ See, even I’m not full PHM status 😭😭

These things take time, 'Scenes. Don't beat yourself up about it. 👍

1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

Good post. He was actually recommended to Hearts by a fife based scout 2-3 years ago while playing for glenrothes strollers...

Yes - he didn’t seem to get the recognition or the opportunities considering what he was doing for strollers. As his stats were very impressive.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You missed out, if he dares to get injured...….

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

You missed out, if he dares to get injured...….

Another glaring obvious one, I'm losing it here!

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Perfect post except Kirkcaldy doesn't have an airport

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sadly, this sums things up perfectly!

43 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Perfect post except Kirkcaldy doesn't have an airport

Could take him to Glenrothes International Airport.😊😊

Sad times when the only decent news is us looking at some guy from raith rovers who may or may not make the 1st team in 5 years time. 

I hope to feck Craig hasn't got another 5 year plan. 

Edited by Robert Lazar

Leveins Battalion

Hes not a striker,I've seen Kieron on a few occasions,hes a left winger who's pretty tall and skillfull,looks much older than 17.He came through the Fife elite academy and by all accounts is highly rated. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

Sad times when the only decent news is us looking at some guy from raith rovers who may or may not make the 1st team in 5 years time. 

Aye because of all the teams in the Premiership, or any league in Scotland, we have one of the worst* records of playing teenagers in the first team.

*We have one of, if not the, best records of playing teenagers in the first team.

9 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hes not a striker,I've seen Kieron on a few occasions,hes a left winger who's pretty tall and skillfull,looks much older than 17.He came through the Fife elite academy and by all accounts is highly rated. 

Played striker all his days at boys club level, which he only left October 2018.

was only at fife elite academy for a few months really until he could sign for Raith. Raith have used him as a winger but he’s always been brought up as out and out striker hence his goal scoring at boys club of 170 or so in 105 appearances 

We should always be on the look out for potential no matter what level. He is a regular, works hard up and down, physically developed, eye for a goal, left sided and plays off the main striker and wide. Rovers fans love his hard work ethic. By all accounts of good character. Seen him a couple of times, he will be snapped up soon. Get him signed and leave him at Rovers at least for the rest of the season, a low risk signing at the moment. Spotting talent and potential seems to be a lost art in these days of agents, statistics, data and youtube.

12 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

Erm, we signed 2 established internatiolists, plus Jamie Walker, Meshino, Halkett, all of whom will be internationals if they get a good run.

Some guy from Raith is a different type of signing and one we should definitely be looking at.

We're able to make differing levels of signings. And don't pretend we dont.

Should Spurs not have signed Dele? This type of scouting is the Scottish equivalent.

"Ffs the youth team only ever seem to sign kids. Budge oot!"

19 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

19 hours ago, j1964m said:

If he is injured a lot will fit in perfectly 

19 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We ruin strikers. Stay away son!

Do you guys actually support Hearts, or just come on here to put them down?

Салатные палочки
13 minutes ago, brux said:

Do you guys actually support Hearts, or just come on here to put them down?

Can't we do both?  

47 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Can't we do both?  

Constructivly I'd say yes, however very little on here falls into that category recently 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sounds like the lad has a lot of potential and he might well prove to be a good signing for the future but this type of speculation is what we hate as supporters when any of our youngsters are linked in the press with the ugly sisters.

I would rather if we just signed players like this in the windows with no press speculation whatsoever! 

Not saying we have leaked this so not having a go at the club by any means!

On 17/10/2019 at 13:44, Absolute Scenes said:

:rofl:

Much better than the hilarious ‘hearts are shite lol’ bantz.