• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Morgan

• Weakened Offender

Jean Louis Valois

I really like him and you can tell he’s played at a really high level. But he can only do so much in our team, he needs helped out by the rest of our players 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Very very fit man for his age.  Doesn’t look like the pace of the game is catching him out any time soon. 

Definitely give him that, he doesn’t look out of place with his energy level on the international stage.  The Swiss are a very good side too.  I couldn’t believe how finished Coleman looks these days.  His injuries have definitely caught up with him. 

Edited by Last Laff

You could very quickly see Whelan's quality when he came into the team despite him not having a pre season. Compare him to what we have seen so far of Damour and it's night and day. 

9 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Phew! I thought he was injured.

Great player.

He almost was. Went down after a tackle with about 2 minutes to go.

Took his time getting up, hopefully ok for Sunday

Rolls-Royce of a player. He must be thinking what the **** is this pile of shite everyday at training. The standard must be horrendous compared to what he’s used to. 

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

I like how he applauds all four sides of the ground at the end of every game and is last to leave the park. 

Well that seals it for me regarding his playing ability

He claps to get a rest then can't move off the park quickly because he's too knackered  ;)

He has done pretty well so far but nowhere near the levels some allude to and thankfully Haring is near a return which will  ease his workload which may see improvement to those levels some seem to think he is at.

19 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’d imagine he’ll fancy playing Rangers.

What makes you imagine that?

30 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’d imagine he’ll fancy playing Rangers.

Absolutely.  Rangers, Celtic and Hibs are the massive games in the league he will want to do well in.

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What makes you imagine that?

Their currently top of the league so that would make me think that ?

What a stupid question.

1 hour ago, Hector Riva said:

Phew! I thought he was injured.

Great player.

There’s time yet!! 🥴

37 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Their currently top of the league so that would make me think that ?

What a stupid question.

Aye, it’s me that’s being stupid, too.  :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hes a massive Liverpool fan, Gerrard is their manager, makes sense 👍

Oh, of course!  Got it now.  :lol:

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Well that seals it for me regarding his playing ability

He claps to get a rest then can't move off the park quickly because he's too knackered  ;)

He has done pretty well so far but nowhere near the levels some allude to and thankfully Haring is near a return which will  ease his workload which may see improvement to those levels some seem to think he is at.

Pretty well. What is it he hasn't done that means for you he hasn't quite managed well yet?

Edited by AlphonseCapone

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

You could very quickly see Whelan's quality when he came into the team despite him not having a pre season. Compare him to what we have seen so far of Damour and it's night and day. 

Ones gold,  ones s...e !! Another keek levein signing !!

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Aye, it’s me that’s being stupid, too.  :thumbsup:

Oh, of course!  Got it now.  :lol:

Yeah you were 👍🏻

He'll be overcoached, overtrained, mismanaged between yesterday and Sunday.

OF THAT, THERE IS NO DOUBT. 

Booooooooo.

Then injured and put out to pasture by our incompetent medical team.

Edited by Noah Claypole

37 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

He'll be overcoached, overtrained, mismanaged between yesterday and Sunday.

OF THAT, THERE IS NO DOUBT. 

Booooooooo.

Then injured and put out to pasture by our incompetent medical team.

Pipe doon. 

Guest ToqueJambo
57 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s a superb player. Hopefully our management don’t ruin him like others.

a rare bit of sunshine in this hell of a season

Or make him better and help them push their careers on or get their careers back on track like they did with Sow, Lafferty, Naismith, McLaughlin, Djoum, Halkett, Souttar, Smith, Dunne and "others".

Edited by ToqueJambo

35 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or make him better and help them push their careers on or get their careers back on track like they did with Sow, Lafferty, Naismith, McLaughlin, Djoum, Halkett, Souttar, Smith, Dunne and "others".

:cornette:      Hmmm. Out of that lot I’d give you Souttar. 
if you want to go down that route then how about Isma , Vanacek, Zamall, Johnson, Berra, Wighton, Lee etc etc 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

:cornette:      Hmmm. Out of that lot I’d give you Souttar. 
if you want to go down that route then how about Isma , Vanacek, Zamall, Johnson, Berra, Wighton, Lee etc etc 

Sow. From nowhere to our top scorer and a million pound player. Lafferty - 19 goals and a move back to Rangers. McLaughlin - left us an international. Djoum - left us an African Cup winner. Halkett - would have been in the last Scotland squad. Smith - bit part NI reserve to first pick for his country. Dunne - called up to provisional Ireland squad while with us and earned loan to bigger club in England.

The hatred of Levein is literally destroying the minds of some so called Hearts fans.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sow. From nowhere to our top scorer and a million pound player. Lafferty - 19 goals and a move back to Rangers. McLaughlin - left us an international. Djoum - left us an African Cup winner. Halkett - would have been in the last Scotland squad. Smith - bit part NI reserve to first pick for his country. Dunne - called up to provisional Ireland squad while with us and earned loan to bigger club in England.

The hatred of Levein is literally destroying the minds of some so called Hearts fans.

I don’t hate Levein. Just happen to think he is useless. I didn’t hate Cathro , just thought he was useless. Please don’t try and tell me I “hate” him because I most certainly don’t.

i do think he’s had a more than fair crack of the whip , and despite you mentioning players pre his second stint, his record this past year is abysmal and relegation fodder. 
but crack on and believe in him and his 5 year plan etc.

where you at the last home game ? Did you see his selection and where he played players out of position ?

once again. Please don’t confuse hate with useless

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I don’t hate Levein. Just happen to think he is useless. I didn’t hate Cathro , just thought he was useless. Please don’t try and tell me I “hate” him because I most certainly don’t.

i do think he’s had a more than fair crack of the whip , and despite you mentioning players pre his second stint, his record this past year is abysmal and relegation fodder. 
but crack on and believe in him and his 5 year plan etc.

where you at the last home game ? Did you see his selection and where he played players out of position ?

once again. Please don’t confuse hate with useless

Sorry, can't take you seriously if you genuinely thought only Souttar from that list benefited from his move to us. Some folk need to get back to just backing the team.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry, can't take you seriously if you genuinely thought only Souttar from that list benefited from his move to us. Some folk need to get back to just backing the team.

Fair enough. I do always back the team at games and certainly agree with you on that point 👍

5 hours ago, Jodami said:

Unfortunately I agree, so far anyway. I haven't given up on him yet, it's far too early in his career with us, but Damour's like a lost little boy out there just now.

Edited by Smithee

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Unfortunately I agree, so far anyway. I haven't given up on him yet, it's far too early in his career with us, but Damour's like a lost little boy out there just now.

I'm just not sure what kind of midfielder he is on what we've seen so far. When Haring comes back it's obvious he will play alongside Whelan in the middle. When we signed him I hadn't seen anything of him at Cardiff  so had no preconceived ideas of what to expect. The fact we had given him a 4 year deal and he was 29 made me think he would be a certain starter and an integral element of the team going forward though. To be honest though I no longer think that our thinking is that joined up. 

Edited by Jodami
An inability to recognise Cardiff from Birmingham!

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I'm just not sure what kind of midfielder he is on what we've seen so far. When Haring comes back it's obvious he will play alongside Whelan in the middle. When we signed him I hadn't seen anything of him at Birmingham so had no preconceived ideas of what to expect. The fact we had given him a 4 year deal and he was 29 made me think he would be a certain starter and an integral element of the team going forward though. To be honest though I no longer think that our thinking is that joined up. 

I doubt many will have seen much of him at Birmingham!

Cardiff, however.... 

(Sorry!)

He basically didn't play in their EPL season but was a regular in the promotion season so he must have something. I hope we see it soon. 

5 hours ago, Jodami said:

Agree, Damour has been horsepiss thus far but out of all the shite we’re hoping will come good, e.g. (Washington, Clare, Wighton, White) etc... Damour is probably the one who will prove his worth in time. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I doubt many will have seen much of him at Birmingham!

Cardiff, however.... 

(Sorry!)

He basically didn't play in their EPL season but was a regular in the promotion season so he must have something. I hope we see it soon. 

Sorry Smithee, bang on mate, doughnut alert! At least they both play in blue!! 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Sorry Smithee, bang on mate, doughnut alert! At least they both play in blue!! 

Ah it's all England eh? :D

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree, Damour has been horsepiss thus far but out of all the shite we’re hoping will come good, e.g. (Washington, Clare, Wighton, White) etc... Damour is probably the one who will prove his worth in time. 

Washington? He looked the part in some of his early games. Intelligent runs, mobile and good at linking play. Needs more goals obviously but definitely not shite IMO. Would be great to see him with Walker, Uche and Naismith.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Washington? He looked the part in some of his early games. Intelligent, mobile and good at linking play. Needs more goals obviously but definitely not shite IMO. Would be great to see him with Walker, Uche and Naismith.

Not seen him do enough yet to say he’s been good. (Although, he, just like Damour should be more than capable.) 

He does do a lot of good things, couldn’t fault his work rate,  but he has missed a lot of chances and as a striker that is what he will be judged on.

If he ends this season having played 30 games or so and only scoring 5 or 6 goals, he won’t be down as a good signing. 

As you say though, like Damour, his prospects of being a hit are probably a bit better once we have our key guys back. 

Regal Kingston

Whelan knows his career is finishing soon but he’s determined to give it absolutely everything he’s got while he can. Very admirable. I’d offer him a years extension with a  coaching role. A fine example to any young footballer and great to have at the club. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Not seen him do enough yet to say he’s been good. (Although, he, just like Damour should be more than capable.) 

He does do a lot of good things, couldn’t fault his work rate,  but he has missed a lot of chances and as a striker that is what he will be judged on.

If he ends this season having played 30 games or so and only scoring 5 or 6 goals, he won’t be down as a good signing. 

As you say though, like Damour, his prospects of being a hit are probably a bit better once we have our key guys back. 

Definitely hasn't looked good in front of goal. I like getting goals from everywhere though and Uche, Washington, Naismith, Haring, Walker, Meshino, Smith, Halkett and Clare all have goals in them. Shame only 3 out of 9 are fit.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely hasn't looked good in front of goal. I like getting goals from everywhere though and Uche, Washington, Naismith, Haring, Walker, Meshino, Smith, Halkett and Clare all have goals in them. Shame only 3 out of 9 are fit.

It’s a shame that only 4 players have got passmarks this season out of a squad of 30 players, I.e. Smith, Hickey, Whelan and big Uche.

Whelan and Uche have carried us to wins over Hibs and Aberdeen. 

45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Washington? He looked the part in some of his early games. Intelligent runs, mobile and good at linking play. Needs more goals obviously but definitely not shite IMO. Would be great to see him with Walker, Uche and Naismith.

I was very wary of him having looked at old clubs forums where he was described as an anti striker, always in the right place at the wrong time, kind of thing. 

But his overall play and approach have impressed me, he seems to me like an upgraded Sleeves Elliott.

He's scored a couple now so I'm hoping he comes back confident as I'm fairly sure that's his main issue.