Scotland U19s

John Findlay

Ford Prentice
9 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Anyone know why hickey isn’t playing?

I think it's to give him a rest. Agreed between club and SFA.

Just turned it on the tv , first thing that stands out is the difference in physical presence between the teams , are Scotland younger than the Germans ? 
By that I mean are we starting a new group whilst theirs is coming to the top end of their ages . 

Do think the German keeper needs to change his top. Far to similar to his outfield players under the floodlights.

Truth be told it's a rotten game of football from both teams.

Rangers I think have at least 6 in squad, with most starting, yet kickbackers laud our academy if we had 6 in this squad Mikey and jig would be moist.

The Future's Maroon
14 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Pretty sure I read that recently due to how many games he has been playing for our first team...fair enough.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Rangers I think have at least 6 in squad, with most starting, yet kickbackers laud our academy if we had 6 in this squad Mikey and jig would be moist.

Yet one of our best players has been Hearts Chris Hamilton.

18 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

So when the rest of the team is on a break he is still made to train every day with the national team because he needs a rest? Doesn’t quite add up. Just a waste of a spot in the squad. 

Ford Prentice
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

So when the rest of the team is on a break he is still made to train every day with the national team because he needs a rest? Doesn’t quite add up. Just a waste of a spot in the squad. 

I understood he's not in the squad. May be wrong.

Just now, Ford Prentice said:

I understood he's not in the squad. May be wrong.

Ah that would make more sense. I know he was announced in the squad and haven’t seen anywhere that he’s left the training camp. Fair enough though. 

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Who gives a **** about Rangers?

I am using them as an example in that our academy has not produced the players it should, under 16 squad has only one Hearts player in squad, that's why I am *****"* mentioning Rangers.

Borders Jambo
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Who gives a **** about Rangers?

This. If things go the usual route, very few of them will play for their first team.

It's a route that has served us and the likes of Motherwell well in the past, picking up Old Firm "rejects" with a point to prove.

19 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You don't think that just maybe the selection process tends to favour the "old firm".

I would be interested to see previous squads and from them how many of these ever made an appearance for the first team. Very few I would suspect.

Borders Jambo
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I am using them as an example in that our academy has not produced the players it should, under 16 squad has only one Hearts player in squad, that's why I am *****"* mentioning Rangers.

My understanding is that the OF hoover up youngsters from all over the place but v few make it to their first team.

I still have confidence that our Academy will continue to bring good players into the first team who will then, when we are ready hopefully move on for a profit.

Rangers are strong and seem to have a very good youth academy. As above they and Celtic are attractive options. 

Unfortunately under their current management none of these players will get near the first team. 

Wheras the Aberdeen players in team have played this season. Hickey could have been in team tonight. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Of course they will get near first team if they are good enough Jesus Mikey get a grip.

Meanwhile Hearts probably not even represented at Firhill tonight.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Of course they will get near first team if they are good enough Jesus Mikey get a grip.

What do you mean by that? I am genuinely interested.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You dont read threads properly, do you?

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Goalkeeping coach and the No 3 both at Firhill.

Aaron Hickey was in squad too but rested it seems. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

Anyone know why hickey isn’t playing?

He is still u18. But agreement between club and country that he wouldn’t be a involved in any games this time round. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Chris Hamilton did well in both games he played. 

Probably first choice centre defence now in side.

Great to see. I'd guess that the plan will be for us to let him step up to the Championship  next season to allow him to come to continue his progress on another loan.

A lot could change in that time though.

Footballfirst

I've been tacking Hearts players capped at youth level since the Academy opened in 2004.

According to my records (they won't be 100% accurate) Chris Hamilton moved into sole second place in international matches played by Hearts youths. He is second to Jordan McGhee.

The top dozen are

Jordan McGhee 43

Chris Hamilton 34

Jack Hamilton 33

Johnathan Brown 30

Daniel Baur 30

Lee Wallace 28

Garry Glen 28

Ryan McGowan 26

Callum Elliot 25

Dylan McGowan 24

Scott Robinson 23