So it starts

Kylejordan

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not having a go at you personally but I'm sure we saw similar posts regarding Harry Cochrane. He's gone backwards which to be honest is not unexpected at his age and time will tell if he comes back and then kicks on. AH has had a pretty stellar six months at age 16/17.  But that's all it is 6 months and now people want him to be one of the top paid players at the club. Anywhere else he goes right now he'll be back playing youth/reserve football with the odd bench place at best. If his adviser (father I think) has any sense (and I always get a little concerned with family acting as agents) he'll get Aaron to sign a long contract with Hearts. This is the club that is developing him and giving him the first team football he'll get nowhere else at this age. If his development continues then the financial rewards will follow without fail. 

I wholeheartedly disagree with you there's been many a player at a very young age that has played top class football and EPL included. 

If you're good enough your old enough and the reason I'm saying offer him what I said I did to make him one of the highest earners is because Hearts obviously have a price tag on him at which they value him at, and if they are going to offer him alot less than many others in the team are on they then run the risk of going through the same scenario again as Paterson and the player refusing to sign another deal. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seymour M Hersh

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bongo 1874

• Forever Hearts

Seymour M Hersh
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with you there's been many a player at a very young age that has played top class football and EPL included. 

If you're good enough your old enough and the reason I'm saying offer him what I said I did to make him one of the highest earners is because Hearts obviously have a price tag on him at which they value him at, and if they are going to offer him alot less than many others in the team are on they then run the risk of going through the same scenario again as Paterson and the player refusing to sign another deal. 

Paterson was 23 I think when he went south and played well over 100 games for us. I don't think the two situations are the same. And I'm not suggesting offering him buttons and expecting to sign long term either. Maybe Marc Leonard is a better comparison. But each to their own. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Paterson was 23 I think when he went south and played well over 100 games for us. I don't think the two situations are the same. And I'm not suggesting offering him buttons and expecting to sign long term either. But each to their own. 

The situations are very similar because Hearts also had a valuation on Paterson but were also not prepared to pay him anywhere near what he was valued at and there were many others in the team at the time and some not even getting first team football and on way more higher wages. 

The same thing happened with Walker and Nicholson and only after the mistake with Paterson and they knew Paterson was never going to sign another contract they got Walker back in to renew their offer but obviously it was to late. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I wonder if Harry and Macdonald feel they’ve been developed that well? Players and youngsters parents talk to each other. 

He could easily go somewhere else, earn way more money and be developed better. A epl club could buy and loan him back to us or many other clubs to ensure he gets first team experience. They might not even feel that first team football is right for his development just now. Particulary in a team that plays him in multiple positions and not enabling him develop his best position.

We gave him an opportunity and he has grabbed that with both hands, however, the belief this the best club that develop because we gave him a start is misplaced imo. Particularly when he has  no idea what the future management will be. 

Plus if you value someone as a key asset and don’t reward them as such, that creates issues. Particulary when they know others will pay more. 

It’s a balancing act but the fact we are a shit show right now will, understandably, factor into the player and representations thinking,

The players have a significant role to play in their development and the two you mentioned may well be thinking that. But have they done everything to help their development?  The chat was AM got a bit billy big bass after getting to the first team and there has been some chat about Harry as well. Maybe you just want to use this as another stick to beat the management with I'm not sure but clearly Aaron's development to date has been of a high enough standard to get him into the first team. If players were leaving at 15, 16 or 17 and going to other clubs and suddenly blossoming you would have a point but I don't see that happening. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The situations are very similar because Hearts also had a valuation on Paterson but were also not prepared to pay him anywhere near he was valued at and there was many others in the team at the time and some not even getting first team football and on way more higher wages. 

The same thing happened with Walker and Nicholson and only after the mistake with Paterson and they knew Paterson was never going to sign another contract they got Walker back in to renew there offer but obviously it was to late. 

Clearly you were involved in all these contract negotiations but I wasn't and from the outside it does not appear the same. Paterson had proved himself as yet Aaron is just showing great potential. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Clearly you were involved in all these contract negotiations but I wasn't and from the outside it does not appear the same. Paterson had proved himself as yet Aaron is just showing great potential. 

If you want to know my source was an agent although I won't be telling you who the agent is for obvious reasons 👍

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Feel similar. 

I’m  not convinced he signs with us. 

His stock is pretty high and he will have interest from other places and he and his agent/dad will know that. Under normal circumstances I think we would be fine as he would sign, get a couple of years of first team football, gain experience etc etc. 

However, In the current situation I’m not sure how good we would be for a developing player. He has already been shifted about a number of positions for us, the club for a large variety of reasons isn’t all that a positive place. Potentially in a relegation battle. Plus no one really has a clue what future management will be in place and what his plans would be for him. 

He could potentially get a move to a epl club for money that would set him up for life. He believes in himself and i think he believes he can compete at that level. He may well be right.

If I was his advisor, not sure, I would be recommending tynecastle for financial and footballing reasons. 

Hope I’m wrong and sign for us but I don’t get a warm fuzzy feeling about it happening. 

We have done pretty well at developing him so far 😂

If Man City are genuinely interested then the daily record can take a running jump regarding trying to unsettle him.  

I suspect they will look to do a deal in the winter break with Hickey staying with us at least until the summer.

£3 to £5m is absolute peanuts to them.  A small investment for a potential 1st team player in the future.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

not sure if typo in your first para and instead of loan, you mean move?

You suggesting if we can get him signed (still a massive IF for me) we loan him to Man City or similar?

Or likely moves and we get back on loan?

Moves to a really big club then loan back to us is more likely imo. 

Loan was move, typo. 

On 14/10/2019 at 23:18, TheOak88 said:

Just shows how terrified they must be of coming to Fortress Tynecastle. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👌

On 14/10/2019 at 23:18, TheOak88 said:

Just shows how terrified they must be of coming to Fortress Tynecastle. 

Yeah I'm sure they are given our recent form in comparison to theirs. 

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Feel similar. 

I’m  not convinced he signs with us. 

His stock is pretty high and he will have interest from other places and he and his agent/dad will know that. Under normal circumstances I think we would be fine as he would sign, get a couple of years of first team football, gain experience etc etc. 

However, In the current situation I’m not sure how good we would be for a developing player. He has already been shifted about a number of positions for us, the club for a large variety of reasons isn’t all that a positive place. Potentially in a relegation battle. Plus no one really has a clue what future management will be in place and what his plans would be for him. 

He could potentially get a move to a epl club for money that would set him up for life. He believes in himself and i think he believes he can compete at that level. He may well be right.

If I was his advisor, not sure, I would be recommending tynecastle for financial and footballing reasons. 

Hope I’m wrong and sign for us but I don’t get a warm fuzzy feeling about it happening. 

If it was my son I’m not sure I’d be recommending he stay with us tbh. You get chances in life and imo you have to take them when they come because Man City or other EPL clubs might not come calling again. 
Stays with us, gets bogged down into mediocrity as per usual with our young players and 3-4 years from now hasn’t really progressed and the chance has gone. 
I think I’d be encouraging the move personally. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Hearts unfazed about Aaron Hickey speculation as club keep working on new contract

3-4 minutes

Manchester City have been persistently linked with the ultra-composed 17-year-old, while Southampton have also been credited with an interest in the wake of his eye-catching introduction to the first-team over the past five months. Rangers became the latest club to be billed as a suitor after Ross Wilson, who was behind previous club Southampton’s interest in Hickey, was appointed as the new sporting director at Ibrox on Monday.

It has been claimed this week that Wilson, the 36-year-old Scot, will recommend that Rangers make a move for Hickey in January. Craig Levein, the Hearts manager, is giving short shrift to the possibility of his team’s prized asset moving to Govan in the next transfer window. “Who do we play at the weekend?” he asked wryly, noting that the story had come out just days before Hearts host Rangers this Sunday, before joking: “We’re going to put an offer in for (Alfredo) Morelos tomorrow. I’m taking that one with a lump of salt.”

As long as he is delivering performances of a level that defy his youthfulness, as he has done on a remarkably consistent basis since making his debut away to Aberdeen in May, Hickey will continue to be linked with bigger clubs. His current contract is due to expire at the end of next season and Levein revealed at the end of last month that he was in dialogue with Hickey’s father aimed at extending the versatile youngster’s deal at Tynecastle. He confirmed yesterday that talks are still ongoing in that regard. “I’m still working on it,” said Levein. “I want to just try and get it done with his dad and then I’ll talk about it.”

If any English Premier League club is planning to move for Hickey, it is likely that they will do so in January so that he would be classed as a homegrown player if he eventually got to the level required to be part of the first team. Current Premier League rules state that all 25-man squads must contain at least eight homegrown players. In order to be classified as “homegrown”, a player must have been with an English team for at least three years before the age of 21. With Hickey due to turn 18 in June, he would need to be signed by a team down south before the end of this season in order to fulfil this criteria, increasing the possibility that Hearts’ resolve could be tested with a notable offer within the next few months.

The i newsletter cut through the noise

With his former club Celtic due 30 per cent of any transfer fee, it goes without saying that Hearts’ position would be significantly strengthened if they can agree a new deal with one of the standout youngsters to emerge at Tynecastle in recent decades.

19 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

I tend to agree with you on this. 

In some ways, he would be better to stay with us for another couple of seasons, getting regular football and develop with us. However, he will probably get better coaching at an EPL club and they will develop him better.  

Using Cochrane as an example, he hasn't progressed as we thought he would. That could just be a one off or down to him but it could also be that we can get them to a certain level but can't get them any further. 

Last paragraph... Cochrane, just like so many before him, has got into the first team but you get the feeling he won't progress any further. We keep hearing Cochrane's this and Cochrane's that, his goal against Celtic was two years ago now, maybe even a bit longer so it's looking like another to add to the list. He still has time of course and he'll get it but, i don't hold out much hope. Look at McDonald and others. They get to a certain level then start to fall away and end up at lower league clubs throughout their careers. The odd exception being Paterson. You look at the likes of Liam Smith, Billy King, Kevin McHattie, Jordan McGhee, Brad Mackay, Jack Hamilon and others and it doesn't look good for the club. The whole point of youth teams/graduates is to make big money for the club. Seems we've wasted more on development than what we've gained in transfer fees. Hopefully we'll get Hickey signed up but if he is going to go, I'd prefer him to go to Man City with hope of getting him back on potential loan deals. Going to the old firm has damaged too many young players throughout the years, they sit on their arses on the subs bench with an occasional sub appearance thrown in then eventually get released. Look at what happened to Dundee Utd when they sold their best players to Celtic. It's also no good for future International squads.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

What a surprise...🙄

3E9AA4AA-233B-4614-9240-DD2BFFE93FE3.png

Sounds like Slippy has been told the cash cow, if there ever was one, is well and truly empty.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Wonder what the knuckle draggers will make of it, if they’re trailing Celtic in January and there’s no transfers.