Top Posters In This Topic

• Seymour M Hersh

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bongo 1874

• Forever Hearts

11 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Bordering on 'tapping up'.

Scum.

Genuine question here, but have Rangers or Celtic actually commented on the situation? I'm trying to see what evidence anyone has actually shown interest. 

We shouldn't be doing business with rangers,. 1% payment up front and the rest paid in tiny instalments over 10 years, coupled with the fact they have a credit rating worse than Greece.  The chances of us actually getting the money in full are slim. 

Perhaps one day, (I know pigs might fly) someone in the media might put a different spin on the comments from those west if Scotland rags. Something along the lines that ------ despite a dire financial position, where The Rangers Football Club, having made a loss of £14million loss in the prior year and continue to rely on soft loans, nevertheless seem relentless in their pursuit of railroading their city rivals in pursuit of 10 in a row. Notwithstanding their stadium is in a state of dilapidation and the real prospect of coughing up millions to Mike Ashley the directors overriding strategy seems at the least incompatible with their fiduciary obligations.

Notice the MSM gave gave scant coverage to the cold shouldering to the glib and shameless one, Anyone outside the bigot brothers and there would have been immediate  claims their position was untenable.Never mind Rod and his cronies are going to have a word with him. When I think back to the days of Vlad and the SFA  

11 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Bordering on 'tapping up'.

Scum.

Interesting point.  Wonder what line you have to cross for it to be 'tapping up'...?

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Genuine question here, but have Rangers or Celtic actually commented on the situation? I'm trying to see what evidence anyone has actually shown interest. 

No. But don't let that stop the tsunami of pant wetting on here.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No. But don't let that stop the tsunami of pant wetting on here.

And the Defender of the Faith leaps into action.

:lol:

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

And the Defender of the Faith leaps into action.

:lol:

Show me a quote from Rangers or Celtic declaring their interest in Hickey. 

I'll leave it with you. 👍

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Show me a quote from Rangers or Celtic declaring their interest in Hickey. 

I'll leave it with you. 👍

Lighten up mate.

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

? Celtic have 2 options: Sit tight and collect 30% of whatever fee or enter any race and bid with a 30% discount as if they won they would get cashback.

Either way it is worth them entering the race and bidding him up...This may not be a bad thing for us. The 30% may turn out to be a premium that Celtic effectively earn for us...

That's a good point regarding Celtic encouraging a higher price.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Lighten up mate.

:biggrin:

Ironic advice on a thread like this. Although I suppose it's another excuse to add to the many that will be rolled out after yet another defeat on Sunday.

22 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I think it's more likely sportswriters  checking up on Southampton archive material and coming up with a Feasible Rangers angle as a result 

3 hours ago, Biguche said:

He'd be signing for Man City to play with the youths.

He might well choose Rangers as it doesn't require moving to a new country, he'd have the chance of playing in the first team after a year or two and could be playing a proper role in a team challenging for trophies. Given he's only a youngster there's plenty of time to make a move to England.

Every possibility he would be loaned back if he signed for City. You are saying he would be in the Rangers first team in a year or two, what would he be doing for that year or two?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Boris said:

If this is true, then the price has to go up selling to a rival.

Double it and see what they do then.

Not if stories are true that the kid only on a thousand pound a week ! 

3 hours ago, Biguche said:

He might well choose Rangers as it doesn't require moving to a new country, he'd have the chance of playing in the first team after a year or two and could be playing a proper role in a team challenging for trophies. Given he's only a youngster there's plenty of time to make a move to England.

all quite possible. it depends on his ambitions I suppose. plus maybe what pay is on offer. if Man City can offer double / treble what The Rangers can, then that's quite a factor for any player given the short and precarious profession they're in.

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not if stories are true that the kid only on a thousand pound a week ! 

ONLY a thousand pounds a week? He's 17 years old. I'd wager there isn't another 17 year old in Scotland in any job earning that kind of money (outwith the gruesome twosome).

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

So don’t accept 2m from Man City but do from rangers ....

Hickeys Dad is acting as his agent at the moment I think 

seems to be stalling on signing a new deal as levein is trying to get it through 

just hope his dad is advising him correctly. He should stay with us (another couple of seasons at least) then we sell him - South of the border 

as said if his dad has any sense whatsoever he will make sure he avoids the hun like the plague

just because the Orcs signed the new sporting director who looks like a chimp in real life they now want hickey. 

Utter rag of a paper and pish journalism at its finest

Vlad was right - the media and OF collude together for their benefit! Unsettles the player but not technically tapping up as they could say it is just a made up story by the media! 

Hickey would be nuts to choose either one of the OF. hopefully he is more ambitious, especially with clubs like man c and southampton expressing an interest.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

ONLY a thousand pounds a week? He's 17 years old. I'd wager there isn't another 17 year old in Scotland in any job earning that kind of money (outwith the gruesome twosome).

All I'm saying is if we're demanding big money for the kid his dads going to say to hearts well pay him if you regard him that highly 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

They don't have to "actually show interest" and leave themselves open to accusations of tapping up as their pals in the media do all the spade work for them. 

4 hours ago, Biguche said:

Aye right. I can read the script. That horrible institution are going to buy him for £2 million on the never never,  basically because they are ra peeple. They will sell him on for a massive profit and from the proceeds pay of the 3 bears or Close brothers. Fortunately the days of us capitulating to that lot are long gone.  

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All I'm saying is if we're demanding big money for the kid his dads going to say to hearts well pay him if you regard him that highly 

His dad sounds like he's doing a good job with the lad got a move from Celtic where he'd no chance of first team football to us where he's now one of the first names on the team sheet. (So is Sean Clare but that's another story).

Also sounds like his dad is standing up to Levein 're a new contract for his son, possibly bad news for us unless we divert money wasted on duds like Whighton and Doyle for example into a wage rise.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

If the footballing authorities had any gumption they would be doing something to control this sort of rubbish.  Its well known that stories are leaked by clubs - true or not - to manipulate situations to their own advantage.  Its brings the game into disrepute, but as long as it suits the two @rse cheeks nothing will be done about it.

1 hour ago, john5698 said:

Every possibility he would be loaned back if he signed for City. You are saying he would be in the Rangers first team in a year or two, what would he be doing for that year or two?

That would be best case scenario, let's hope his ambition knows no bounds. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Standard Glasgow rag story before a match with hearts. It’s well known rangers have a media policy for doing this every game as a way of unsettling a side. Don’t think hearts could be anymore unsettled than we are right now. Hickey will certainly not go to Rangers so it’s a pointless article.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

His dad sounds like he's doing a good job with the lad got a move from Celtic where he'd no chance of first team football to us where he's now one of the first names on the team sheet. (So is Sean Clare but that's another story).

Also sounds like his dad is standing up to Levein 're a new contract for his son, possibly bad news for us unless we divert money wasted on duds like Whighton and Doyle for example into a wage rise.

I'll relax easily once we get the lad tied down on longer term contract because this kid is the real deal and is going right to the top in my opinion 

Chong will recommend his imaginary secretary sets up a dinner date with Heidi Klum, which she will pay for.

I'll keep y'all updated on the outcome. 

4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Vlad was right - the media and OF collude together for their benefit! Unsettles the player but not technically tapping up as they could say it is just a made up story by the media! 

Hickey would be nuts to choose either one of the OF. hopefully he is more ambitious, especially with clubs like man c and southampton expressing an interest.  

Hickey is not old enough to be reading tabloids.   Now if they put a story into a comic.

5 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Aye right. I can read the script. That horrible institution are going to buy him for £2 million on the never never,  basically because they are ra peeple. They will sell him on for a massive profit and from the proceeds pay of the 3 bears or Close brothers. Fortunately the days of us capitulating to that lot are long gone.  

Now I am not completely convinced that this is now the case and even less convinced that we will apply any "non" Capitulation to any other suitor that may come along.

We have as yet under the Budge/Levein era not made any real money in selling players.

All IMHO of course.

Have these horrible bassas paid for Lafferty yet, if they have that went well, thank you we won a watch there, but they are probably paying in instalments, just like Kent and many before.

I would love Close Brothers and Ashley to bring them to their knees and shut them down forever.

Edited by Jamdub

46 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Now I am not completely convinced that this is now the case and even less convinced that we will apply any "non" Capitulation to any other suitor that may come along.

We have as yet under the Budge/Levein era not made any real money in selling players.

All IMHO of course.

Hearts performances on the pitch have hardly given a strong impression we're going anywhere. Football's a short career. Hearts need to get their act together or academy graduates will quickly look elsewhere.

43 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

All IMHO of course.

The point I was really trying to make  was in terms of Sevco who historically just had to snap their fingers and they got their man particularly during the David Murray days. We are in a much better position financially and the lure of the premiership down south is a much more attractive proposition for players like Hickey.We demonstrated a firm resolve during the Jamie Walker saga and Callum Patterson was another who even as a free agent decided to further his ambitions away from small pond that is Scottish football.

7 hours ago, john5698 said:

Could be loaned back

7 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

all quite possible. it depends on his ambitions I suppose. plus maybe what pay is on offer. if Man City can offer double / treble what The Rangers can, then that's quite a factor for any player given the short and precarious profession they're in.

Yeah true. He might well end up at City.

Whether or not there's any truth in any of the rumours is another matter. Wouldn't be surprising though

Rangers and Celtic always play mind games through the Glasgow media before we play them. Fergie had the right way to deal with them but all we do is stay silent in case we upset them. Time for Hearts to grow a pair and get tore into them. Mind games is something we can play too it's so easy to mess with their bigoted, racist clubs. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Feel similar. 

I’m  not convinced he signs with us. 

His stock is pretty high and he will have interest from other places and he and his agent/dad will know that. Under normal circumstances I think we would be fine as he would sign, get a couple of years of first team football, gain experience etc etc. 

However, In the current situation I’m not sure how good we would be for a developing player. He has already been shifted about a number of positions for us, the club for a large variety of reasons isn’t all that a positive place. Potentially in a relegation battle. Plus no one really has a clue what future management will be in place and what his plans would be for him. 

He could potentially get a move to a epl club for money that would set him up for life. He believes in himself and i think he believes he can compete at that level. He may well be right.

If I was his advisor, not sure, I would be recommending tynecastle for financial and footballing reasons. 

Hope I’m wrong and sign for us but I don’t get a warm fuzzy feeling about it happening. 

I tend to agree with you on this. 

In some ways, he would be better to stay with us for another couple of seasons, getting regular football and develop with us. However, he will probably get better coaching at an EPL club and they will develop him better.  

Using Cochrane as an example, he hasn't progressed as we thought he would. That could just be a one off or down to him but it could also be that we can get them to a certain level but can't get them any further. 

3 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Could be loaned back

Wouldn,t want any loan players from the gruesome twosome. Leave that to the Lochenders. Do I sense you have a slight leaning towards the tribute act.

9 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Wouldn,t want any loan players from the gruesome twosome. Leave that to the Lochenders. Do I sense you have a slight leaning towards the tribute act.

the place is hoaching with them 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Feel similar. 

I’m  not convinced he signs with us. 

His stock is pretty high and he will have interest from other places and he and his agent/dad will know that. Under normal circumstances I think we would be fine as he would sign, get a couple of years of first team football, gain experience etc etc. 

However, In the current situation I’m not sure how good we would be for a developing player. He has already been shifted about a number of positions for us, the club for a large variety of reasons isn’t all that a positive place. Potentially in a relegation battle. Plus no one really has a clue what future management will be in place and what his plans would be for him. 

He could potentially get a move to a epl club for money that would set him up for life. He believes in himself and i think he believes he can compete at that level. He may well be right.

If I was his advisor, not sure, I would be recommending tynecastle for financial and footballing reasons. 

Hope I’m wrong and sign for us but I don’t get a warm fuzzy feeling about it happening. 

A loan to the best and biggest team would probably mean at his age, he signs out on loan for a few years. 

Hopefully a few big or biggish teams give us a whack and he signs back on loan for a year or two. 

Clubs playing in Europe will know the advantages of getting him now rather than in 2/3 years. 

Good for the fee as well. 

Hope we can get this kid on a long term contract been one of the very few positives we've had this year. 

Cmon Hearts this kid can make us serious money if he keeps developing the right way make him one of the highest earners he deserves it. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hope we can get this kid on a long term contract been one of the very few positives we've had this year. 

Cmon Hearts this kid can make us serious money if he keeps developing the right way make him one of the highest earners he deserves it. 

Not having a go at you personally but I'm sure we saw similar posts regarding Harry Cochrane. He's gone backwards which to be honest is not unexpected at his age and time will tell if he comes back and then kicks on. AH has had a pretty stellar six months at age 16/17.  But that's all it is 6 months and now people want him to be one of the top paid players at the club. Anywhere else he goes right now he'll be back playing youth/reserve football with the odd bench place at best. If his adviser (father I think) has any sense (and I always get a little concerned with family acting as agents) he'll get Aaron to sign a long contract with Hearts. This is the club that is developing him and giving him the first team football he'll get nowhere else at this age. If his development continues then the financial rewards will follow without fail.