Stadium bricks

davemclaren

SectionDJambo

I find it disappointing that West Ham were content to let the bricks be destroyed in the demolition.

If the guys on the site could save most of them, so could the football club.

21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I find it disappointing that West Ham were content to let the bricks be destroyed in the demolition.

Yeah very true. In a situation where the club is losing its identity, it would have been an excellent way to help retain some of that. Shame really. 

Brilliant story, I wonder if thats something the club could look at ? - A fan built wall using uniquely marked bricks. Not sure the logistics of it, but could offer a lower cost way of allowing families to dedicate something special to a loved one at a place that is special to them. 

hereford_hearts
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The article says that West Ham have replicated the bricks at the new stadium.

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

The article says that West Ham have replicated the bricks at the new stadium.

Yes, and that's good , but these bricks were an original history of fans tributes to family and friends that they shared experiences at Upton Park with.

Without any knowledge of the location of this wall, surely it wouldn't have been impossible to take it down and rebuild it? Expensive, probably, but with the money washing around in the EPL, maybe possible. People take down buildings and rebuild them to preserve them.

Anyway, good stuff from the lad who did this for his fellow fans.

Allowayjambo1874
8 hours ago, OTT said:

Yeah very true. In a situation where the club is losing its identity, it would have been an excellent way to help retain some of that. Shame really. 

Brilliant story, I wonder if thats something the club could look at ? - A fan built wall using uniquely marked bricks. Not sure the logistics of it, but could offer a lower cost way of allowing families to dedicate something special to a loved one at a place that is special to them. 

Memorial garden? 

6 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Memorial garden? 

I suppose the analogy is if we were to move to a new stadium and decided it was cheaper/easier to just leave the plaques and put new ones in the new location. 

Montgomery Brewster
8 hours ago, farin said:

We already do something similar using tiles tbh. 

FAD0370E-9E11-4229-B8DC-A12CEE7C760B.thumb.jpeg.b80eb28f4ed57d5da13dca8fc100de10.jpeg

“Dougie” top right tile - gets it. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

I like the Atack, Atack,  Atack one.

2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Memorial garden? 

Thought that but there isn't unlimited space there. Also, for those that can't afford the memorial garden it might be an alternative which is more affordable. 

Anyway, just a thought. 

9 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Worrying that Dave King is hovering around though.