OH Dear...Poor England

highlandjambo3

15 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

we won the Kirin cup, 2006. 
a momentous occasion 

It most certainly was. 

Sat with a certain Mr Levein a few tables away from a famous Russian Submariner who used to own us watching it unfold at Hampden park before a Cup Final win. 

Oh yes, momentous it most certainly was. 

21 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

we won the Kirin cup, 2006. 
a momentous occasion 

Beating Japan too (we drew game with them). 

Watching the game in pub before seeing us win the Scottish Cup.

Edited by Mikey1874

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

EGoT7jPWkAAqGaJ?format=jpg&name=large

Press were desperate for a defeat. 

Got to laugh at the Telegraph not understanding how puns work. Leave it to the red tops Tory

Boy.

6 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Holland. Kosovo. Czech Republic. That's three alarming performances since early June now. Not good, and a pattern developing.

Not at all to my surprise, we miss Stones - even though he's a bombscare. He's the best we have at the back. Maguire's not helped himself one bit by going to a laughing stock of a club. Rose has never, ever been up to it. Keane is crap. Rice isn't ready; nor, on yesterday's evidence, is Mount. Kane's struggling - I really worry about him messing up the teamplay a la post-injury Shearer... and that's before I even mention the midfield, which is a total mess.

England can succeed with an attacking approach when we have midfielders good enough to dominate games. But we don't, so we should be being more defensive, as in Russia. The alternative, I suppose, is to accept we'll have poor patches like this, as long as we're building towards something. What that something is is, at present, unclear.

Are you arguing with yourself here, Shaun?

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Scotland supporters (which I'm assuming most of the posters on this thread are) are in no position to laugh at England being beaten once in ten years.

Damn right we are. Oldest international rivalry in world football and all that.

Ok we are as bad as they say we are, but as long as they think they’re much better than they actually are and as long as their fans carry on trashing every town they visit everyone - not just us - likes to have a bit of a laugh at England.

Anyhow I thought England wanted out of Europe. They should be happy.

It should have been ten
17 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Scotland supporters (which I'm assuming most of the posters on this thread are) are in no position to laugh at England being beaten once in ten years.

:Aye:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 hours ago, eyesandears said:

and their fans got their usual doing by the local polis. They think they're hard but get pasted in every city they go to.

The police should start using live rounds on them. Pretty sure they soon stop.

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, sassenach said:

Not bothered about the national team personally, unless we're playing Scotland. Any other time I want Scotland to do well.

England will still qualify, possibly get quite far in the tournament, and get knocked out as soon as we play anyone half decent. I can't say I'm too bothered, I'm more interested in Hearts.

A bit of me thinks, though, that Scots taking pleasure from England losing against a team that is not Scotland is a little bit like H1b5 with Albert Kidd.

Nothing like it thats a bit paranoia I reckon bud with you being English. 
I enjoy every rival teams defeat personally. 
Rangers? **** them. Celtic? **** them. Hibs? Lololololo **** them. England? **** them. 
And don’t get me started on the welsh. 
This particularly amused me too with our English friends...
:rofl:

CA7AB5B9-86FC-4B51-9D88-BCA85D7FFC01.jpeg

FC3349E8-F13E-4920-A20C-082289AF7D55.jpeg

Edited by jack D and coke

Huh. What could be underlying this sudden surge of idiocy by England supporters in Europe over the last three or so years?

:interehjrling:

Just now, Justin Z said:

Huh. What could be underlying this sudden surge of idiocy by England supporters in Europe over the last three or so years?

:interehjrling:

And The Guardian Award for Shoehorning Brexit into a thread goes to...

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, sassenach said:

No paranoia from me - as I said, I don't really care about the England team, unless we're playing against Scotland.

However, if Scotland are playing against any foreign team, I and many other English people want Scotland to win.

The hooligans are idiots, and there's no way to defend them. Scotland also have their share, as any English city that's hosted Celtic or Rangers will testify. That's not me meaning to deflect away from our problem though - no whataboutery from me.

I’d suggest they’re not really Scottish. Either of them. They certainly don’t want to be that’s for sure. 
That’s my take anyway. 

England's defeat confirms they will not be top seeds for the finals.

Not sure exactly what that means with things like England and Scotland being in the same group but they have a tougher pathway to winning it. 

Just another reflection meant to say.

Southgate said in September the qualifying games weren't challenging enough and something needed to be changed.

So he achieved something. 

Papers today saying he will go back to the World Cup formation. 

On 12/10/2019 at 08:31, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sensationalism sells papers!

On 12/10/2019 at 08:31, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Did they all get together and think of the same headline :)

alwaysthereinspirit
On 12/10/2019 at 03:34, Barack said:

Wish we were unbeaten in 10 years. Rather than 10 days.

This. It's like #ibs fans living vicariously through Hearts defeats. 

"Well at least England lost too"

Scotland could only dream of those type of newspaper headlines after a defeat.

On the bright side we're only a point behind Cyprus.

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This. It's like #ibs fans living vicariously through Hearts defeats. 

"Well at least England lost too"

Scotland could only dream of those type of newspaper headlines after a defeat.

On the bright side we're only a point behind Cyprus.

Scotland/Wales/NI would also dream of getting the same financial backing from SKY, ITV, BBC etc...

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland/Wales/NI would also dream of getting the same financial backing from SKY, ITV, BBC etc...

What has TV money got to do with the Scottish national team? Even with more money we'd still be run by the same people. We're now habitual losers. 

Wales and Northern Ireland appear to at least be able to compete in qualifying tournaments.

Shanks said no

An England fan has died in Sofia ahead of tonight's Euro 2020 qualifier against Bulgaria.

The country's Interior Ministry said the 32-year-old had been found in a 'helpless condition' in the city centre.

Police and an ambulance were called to the spot, close to Borisova Garden.

The fan was taken to hospital for treatment but began to behave 'aggressively' towards staff.

As a result of his 'threatening' behaviour, he was being taken from hospital to a local police station.

It is understood that he died on the journey to the station.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns