• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• All roads lead to Gorgie

• stevie1874

11 hours ago, feedtheroman2 said:

The refs would treat him differently if he played for the soap dodgers 

Yep. He’d win 3 penalties a week playing for them.

It's funny how black and white everything has to be for so many fans. He's either amazing and not given the service or useless and lazy. He tries hard and can cause havoc in defences. We clearly aren't playing to his strengths (are we playing to any of our players strengths?). But he is also sometimes guilty of ignoring the ball in favour of creating contact with defenders and he is not a natural finisher. Like most players at our level he has some good and some bad. Celtic interested? Can't see it.

When he is on his game he is fantastic. Will never score many but creates such chaos up for any semi-decent attacking player to take advantage of. 

It feels like the only time we've had the combination of Uche playing well and a fit semi-decent attacking player to take advantage of that was at the start of last season, before both him and Naismith got injured. 

Hopefully, at some point this season the stars will align and will have Uche playing well and creating chaos for a fit Naismith/Washington/Walker to feed of off.... with a fit Haring protecting the back 4... which consists of a fit Souttar/Halkett pairing.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Think of all the fouls and penalties he would get playing for the Terrorist lovers. The utter dishonestly at the heart of the game laid bare.

Tbf, I think he need to be more subtle in his game play. 

Even watching him from the stands you can see when the foul is coming,  he needs to be more Intelligent and a bit more Controlled, if he done that he'd get far more fouls. 

He's just a bit too clumsy atm. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

When he is on his game he is fantastic. Will never score many but creates such chaos up for any semi-decent attacking player to take advantage of. 

It feels like the only time we've had the combination of Uche playing well and a fit semi-decent attacking player to take advantage of that was at the start of last season, before both him and Naismith got injured. 

Hopefully, at some point this season the stars will align and will have Uche playing well and creating chaos for a fit Naismith/Washington/Walker to feed of off.... with a fit Haring protecting the back 4... which consists of a fit Souttar/Halkett pairing.

Uche, Washington, Naismith and Walker is a great front 4 for Scotland. 

Creativity, Intelligence, brawn, power, goals, leadership only missing a bit pace which Mulraney brings. 

Shame all 4 missed the last game...... 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's funny how black and white everything has to be for so many fans. He's either amazing and not given the service or useless and lazy. He tries hard and can cause havoc in defences. We clearly aren't playing to his strengths (are we playing to any of our players strengths?). But he is also sometimes guilty of ignoring the ball in favour of creating contact with defenders and he is not a natural finisher. Like most players at our level he has some good and some bad. Celtic interested? Can't see it.

Sums him up fairly. 

The People's Chimp
51 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Yep. He’d win 3 penalties a week playing for them.

I don't think it would be pens, but he would be able to man handle folk and use his strength with impunity. Would actually be a great signing for celtic as he could just bulldoze folk about with no fouls given. 

rudi must stay

This story should show Levein the boys ability. He'd thrive at Celtic in an attacking line up and I can understand the interest. Ofcourse you'd take £1 million plus though..

Uche is a far better player than many fans think.  It looks like he is only now fully recovered from the injury he had last season.

Could demand a decent fee.

4 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Rumours most likely to be coming from his agent, trying to prep the market. Which may indicate Uche wants out. That would be the first sign of discontent among the players. Or am I reading too much into this?

He's not well liked in the dressing room, especially by our captain!

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Uche is a far better player than many fans think.  It looks like he is only now fully recovered from the injury he had last season.

Could demand a decent fee.

No he's not !

Most fans have him spot on and know his strengths and limitations.

12 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Really?

Not saying you're wrong but he comes across as being pretty grounded. Is it a football related and not personality clash.

queensferryjambo

I like Uche and think he is a very underrated player especially by our own support.

We all know he is constantly fouled throughout every match but according to our refs that's ok because he is a big unit. I have never seen a player in the league get the kind of treatment dished out to him or the reaction by our refs. The service to him in games we all know is absolutely woeful. It isn't like our defenders even make an effort to aim for him when hoofing from the back - it just seems to get clugged in his general direction but generally 4 feet above him. His injury last season really held him back as well.

The constant fouling aside if you play the ball into the channels and let him run on to the ball he is devastating - however we rarely do this.

The other thing I will point out is for a player much maligned for his lack of skill if you look at every goal he has scored for Hearts he has scored some very good finishes. Had Naismith scored the same goals the Sportscene team would have been foaming at the mouth about them instead of branding them brute strength goals.

I genuinely think if Uche got the service and was utilised correctly he could go on and be a tremendous player. Unfortunately at Hearts and the way we play that is unlikely. He is still only 24 years old as well which again our support don't seem to take on board. 

I don't ever remember a Hearts player who has scored such important goals for us - 2 goals vs Hibs at Easter Road, Semi final opener, winners vs Aberdeen & Kilmarnock and takes so much flack from our own support. I suppose that is just a sign of the times and a reflection on Hearts as a whole just now.

queensferryjambo
25 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I had heard he was a very quiet, humble and well liked player off the park. 

Does Berra dislike him because Uche can't jump six feet off the ground to collect his hoofs forward? ;) 

24 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Really?

Not saying you're wrong but he comes across as being pretty grounded. Is it a football related and not personality clash.

Kinda both from what i've heard, along the lines of Uche not being very keen on constructive criticism/suggestions on how to improve, only improvement he seems keen on is in the gym.

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Uche can be a fabulous asset to any team because it’s just a matter of knowing how to get the best out of him. 

Celtic using him to open space for any 3 man combination of Edouard, Forrest, Mcgregor, Sinclair, Rogic and Christie is quite terrifying because all of those can be devastating if you give them a yard. Not only that but he would get full protection and benefit of the doubt from the referees.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Creativity, Intelligence, brawn, power, goals, leadership only missing a bit pace which Mulraney brings. 

2 are always going to be injured

1 doesn't score goals

the other keeps falling over all the time

Love the big guy's attitude and wok rate.  Just a pity we don't have more like him.

When your team is going through a bad spell, you want guys like him, grafting, scrapping, sweating their erses off!!

He would score more goals, IMO, if he didn't feel like he had to drop deep or wide all the time to do the work that other players should be doing, but aren't.  His goal in the derby is where he should be, not running channels as Clare has the heart of a mouse and other attackers are injured.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Find that hard to believe.  Proper team player.  Not saying you're wrong, just my take.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Uche can be a fabulous asset to any team because it’s just a matter of knowing how to get the best out of him. 

Correct thank you 👍

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

No he's not !

Most fans have him spot on and know his strengths and limitations.

Then we have Levein who plays to his limitations and ignores his strengths! 

Uches a very good option for any team to have and can understand the interest in him even though some people can't

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

Aye but according to some neither of the old firm were interested in Uche even though i said months ago they were.🤔It's a shame he signed that nice 3 year deal as they might of got him on the cheap. Otherwise credit to Levein for that.Cardiff have been up watching including Rangers and Celtic plus Stoke and Derby. 

Edited August 30 by Bongo 1874

There's more clubs interested and came up to look at him than the clubs that have been mentioned on sky sports. 

WheatfieldWarrior
16 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Celtic? Seriously?When is this cup semi final? 

When we are Rangers next opponent (this is the league game in this case) the Glasgow media put out a story like this.

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Any chance of elaborating where you got that from ?

In any case if I had to choose between the two Uche would win every time.

Uche is full of enthusiasm, our captain is good at blaming everyone else for his own **** ups .

We should be keeping the best players for the new manager coming in because Levein will be leaving when he’s sacked.

Do you like that Levein Will Be Leaving !

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

A good fee and he’ll be gone. 

think of the money Levein could spend (spunk up) on replacements though 

29 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

think of the money Levein could spend (spunk up) on replacements though 

Shuddering at the thought 

I prefer it when I see Uche's name on the teamsheet even off the bench he offers something. I rate him higher than 

McLean and Keena , damning by faint praise I know.

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I prefer it when I see Uche's name on the teamsheet even off the bench he offers something. I rate him higher than 

McLean and Keena , damning by faint praise I know.

So far he's the best centre forward we have (Washington hasn't shown enough to justify being ahead of him)

Get behind the big man

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

So far he's the best centre forward we have (Washington hasn't shown enough to justify being ahead of him)

Get behind the big man

👍

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I like Uche and think he is a very underrated player especially by our own support.

We all know he is constantly fouled throughout every match but according to our refs that's ok because he is a big unit. I have never seen a player in the league get the kind of treatment dished out to him or the reaction by our refs. The service to him in games we all know is absolutely woeful. It isn't like our defenders even make an effort to aim for him when hoofing from the back - it just seems to get clugged in his general direction but generally 4 feet above him. His injury last season really held him back as well.

The constant fouling aside if you play the ball into the channels and let him run on to the ball he is devastating - however we rarely do this.

The other thing I will point out is for a player much maligned for his lack of skill if you look at every goal he has scored for Hearts he has scored some very good finishes. Had Naismith scored the same goals the Sportscene team would have been foaming at the mouth about them instead of branding them brute strength goals.

I genuinely think if Uche got the service and was utilised correctly he could go on and be a tremendous player. Unfortunately at Hearts and the way we play that is unlikely. He is still only 24 years old as well which again our support don't seem to take on board. 

I don't ever remember a Hearts player who has scored such important goals for us - 2 goals vs Hibs at Easter Road, Semi final opener, winners vs Aberdeen & Kilmarnock and takes so much flack from our own support. I suppose that is just a sign of the times and a reflection on Hearts as a whole just now.

Great post, absolutely spot on.

Far too sensible for this forum.

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Good post. The only disagreement for me is the fouling, hes always got a hold of the defenders jersey and I believe thats why refs rarely award fouls against him. Excluding that rugby tackle in the Aberdeen game!

I judged him early and decided he wasn't that good a signing as he didn't lift his head and bulldozed his way too much. He does that less now and is improving. I like him and think he'd be class with a poacher type near him, maybe even walker making intelligent runs inside playing off him as Uche can take a man or two with him.

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I judged him early and decided he wasn't that good a signing as he didn't lift his head and bulldozed his way too much. He does that less now and is improving. I like him and think he'd be class with a poacher type near him, maybe even walker making intelligent runs inside playing off him as Uche can take a man or two with him.

When Naismith came on at Pittodrie both Uche and Walker looked like different players,  

Fingers crossed things click when they all play together. 

He’d be an excellent player at Celtic tbh, he’d get the Scott Brown treatment there and be allowed to batter lumps out any defender. In comparison to now where every 50/50 is against him and fouls against are never spotted.

Technically he may not be amazing yes, but getting ball played to feet instead of punted at him would suit him more and he’d hold it up well for Christie, Forrest etc. Can understand why they’d go for him.

3 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

When we are Rangers next opponent (this is the league game in this case) the Glasgow media put out a story like this.

Exactly - the usual crap, season after season when ever we are about to play either of the Old Filth.

If we were playing well and Uche was in a settled side partnered by someone like Washington or Naismith we'd see him shine and I reckon he'd be easily one of the best strikers in the league. Unfortunately we're not and he's not.

Stories are BS though if you ask me, all about timing as others have said

8 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

It wouldn't be Kickback without these posts about him falling over and lacking ability.

Anyone who was at the Aberdeen game saw the real Uche and he was mighty.

I hope he stays for ten years.

if he stays for 10 years you will probably get around twenty of those mighty performances at most.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Get behind the big man

To be fair the service Washington has received has been abysmal. We just haven’t created much for a centre forward to be a prolific scorer. Hopefully (tin hat on) once Naismith, Walker and Haring are back in the team we should see some improvement. 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

that front four drew 0-0 at home with Ross County...

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

that front four drew 0-0 at home with Ross County...

Yip. 

scott herbertson
25 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

To be fair the service Washington has received has been abysmal. We just haven’t created much for a centre forward to be a prolific scorer. Hopefully (tin hat on) once Naismith, Walker and Haring are back in the team we should see some improvement. 

It's a fair point - I did say we hadn't seen enough so far and i think it would only be fair to judge him when particularly Naismith is back as he hasn't benefited from that intelligent link play and drive which Naismith brings.

Looks like Uche has gone down in few estimations.  He certainly lacks skill and looks like desperate dan but he is full of enthusiasm, gives everything for the club and he upsets defences with his aggressive approach. A pity a few more don’t make the same effort as he does.

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Looks like Uche has gone down in few estimations.  He certainly lacks skill and looks like desperate dan but he is full of enthusiasm, gives everything for the club and he upsets defences with his aggressive approach. A pity a few more don’t make the same effort as he does.

I don't think he lacks skill, he pulls off pure silk sometimes, but he's very inconsistent with his touch. 

If Uche played for another SPFL team Hearts supporters would be desperate for him to sign.

That is a fact. 

Edited by Noah Claypole