International Break

Hairdryer

This is getting tedious another international break in November is it any wonder people are loosing interest in football at the moment.

Levein was slated for not playing a centre forward......will the media do the same to Clarke....doubt it as hes the new media darling...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Walter Burns said:

Levein was slated for not playing a centre forward......will the media do the same to Clarke....doubt it as hes the new media darling...

Not for long mate.

cardboardcutout
58 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

This is getting tedious another international break in November is it any wonder people are loosing interest in football at the moment.

Unfortunately our internationals are on it too

1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

I think we should have more international breaks!  One per week would be ideal at the moment! 

3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

dont know who to shake my head more at scotland hearts or man utd

Spoiled for choice there:unsure2:

50 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

What’s worse than an international break? Being Scottish....what’s worse than the break being over??....being a hearts fan 😥

Hearts always come back after they breaks even shitier,, 🙈🇶🇦

England losing a qualifier. Media will overreact and pile in as per, could be the beginning of the end for Southgate. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

England losing a qualifier. Media will overreact and pile in as per, could be the beginning of the end for Southgate. 

The media will probably over react, although it’ll be the first qualifier they’ve lost for about a decade and they’ll still be top of the group with a game in hand.

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Great timing since the England fans spent the majority of the game signing about Scotland. 

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Been watching the Iceland v France game. The French are a bunch of horrible, diving pricks.

😁

Iceland losing pushes them towards Scotland in the Nations League. 

IB makes no real difference to me, I just ho into a slightly different form of depression.  So far our two international sides have scored exactly nil goals between them.

My only genuine pleasure in football these days is following the progress of our womens team and the youngsters that FF is good enough to update us on.

manaliveits105
34 minutes ago, Cade said:

England fans battered by the Czech polis in the streets.

England team beaten by the Czech team on the pitch.

:pleasingao:

Czech Mate 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

England fans battered by the Czech polis in the streets.

England team beaten by the Czech team on the pitch.

:pleasingao:

they can’t help themselves. Can’t hold their drink. At least that’s something we beat them at

Cory McNamara

I wonder, what happened with Germans? It's like they play good during the first half and then, literally, s**t on themselves.

Germany vs Netherlands 2:0, then 2:2 (2018).

Netherlands vs Germany 0:2, then, suddenly, 2:2 and 2:3 (2019).

Germany vs Argentina 2:0, then 2:2 - what is going on? I remember it was the other way around.

letsalldothebeattie

Im not actually bothered by this international break, the worse we get on the park the more im looking forward to the break from sitting through another inept Levein inspired performance from our team. Its quite a nice feeling knowing we don't have that to suffer later today

Салатные палочки
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Whelan playing for Ireland just now. 

He's been pretty rank. 

maroonlegions
On 10/10/2019 at 20:43, salvo69 said:

What’s worse than an international break? Being Scottish....what’s worse than the break being over??....being a hearts fan 😥

Or a Hibs fan, they are shitter than us, we even beat them in their own backyard  AGAIN..

FTH.

I normally hate international breaks but this one has come at a very good time for us.

If we can come back to league football and get Naismith and Haring some minutes before the semi final then we may actually have a shot at getting through.

Not only that but if we do get 3-4 of these vital first team players back fit again I can see us getting results.

On 10/10/2019 at 20:15, Hairdryer said:

Losing the annual home international games esp with England was the start of this decline in interest IMO

12 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Correct!

England v Scotland is the original international fixture, and should be nurtured and cherished. Can anyone imagine Ashes Test Matches no longer being played regularly? Absolute madness!

Football has been losing its soul for a long time now. I'm glad that I can remember how things used to be.

Like there is no one alive from World War I we'll one day be that for qualifying for a tournament. 

Italy join Belgium in qualifying. 

48 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Losing the annual home international games esp with England was the start of this decline in interest IMO

This is true however if we were actually any good interest wouldn't have dropped as much, if we were good to watch it wouldn't matter as much if we played England now and then.

You can add in how the normal fan especially with kids has been priced out of attending, the fact the games are no longer on "council" telly and even the fact that a lot of players now nobody has ever heard of but are in because they have a Scottish granny and are doing OK in the lower leagues of England.

There is also a deep dislike of the blazers and the way they are "running" the game.

The lack of Sevco players, the dislike of the SFA from Sevco fans for being "relegated" means a good portion of Scottish footy are lost, I'll even add indyref in there.

Come to think of it the reasons they are many....they can be fixed 😀

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Crete said:

Everyone on hear going on how bad Scotland are hope you are all eating humble pie now

Why would they?  😂

1 hour ago, Crete said:

Everyone on hear going on how bad Scotland are hope you are all eating humble pie now

Scotland have 9 points from EIGHT games in the group.

6 of those points have come from San Marino.

Every single other team in the group has also gotten maximum points off San Marino.

We're all eating humble pie right enough.

:cornette_dog:

Edited by Cade