McJake

Auld Reekin'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-50000564   

Dundee FC's manager James McPake and Forfar player Gary Irvine have been charged following a disturbance in a Dundee pub. The incident is alleged to have taken place in The Braes bar, Perth Road, in the city's west end at about 23:30 on Sunday. "

Anyone know what actually happened here: mates on a night-out who ended-up getting pished and into some bother, or some sort of scrap between the pair of them? (And did someone grass him up?)

Either way, h1b5 class will always find a way...

Edited by Auld Reekin'

18 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-50000564   

Dundee FC's manager James McPake and Forfar player Gary Irvine have been charged following a disturbance in a Dundee pub. The incident is alleged to have taken place in The Braes bar, Perth Road, in the city's west end at about 23:30 on Sunday. "

Anyone know what actually happened here: mates on a night-out who ended-up getting pished and into some bother, or some sort of scrap between the pair of them? (And did someone grass him up?)

Either way, h1b5 class will always find a way...

They got battered because they wouldn't accept drugs in the pub which is the biggest insult to anyone in Dundee 😉

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, Phage said:

McPake Grass 

For some reason, the back story to this has passed me by. I've seen it referenced over the years but please enlighten me. 👍 

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

For some reason, the back story to this has passed me by. I've seen it referenced over the years but please enlighten me. 👍 

A hospital porter made reference to his knee injury, McPake complained to his superiors and the bloke got the sack. 

All allegedly of course. 

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

A hospital porter made reference to his knee injury, McPake complained to his superiors and the bloke got the sack. 

All allegedly of course. 

I didn’t know that. I always thought it has something to do with Stevenson’s challenge on him during a derby & McPake greetin’ to the papers about it

Samuel Camazzola
48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

All allegedly of course. 

Cheers. Thought it sounded a dull one but then read the porter was a Celtic supporter. 

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If you are aged between 35-40 you'd have noticed in the teenage years.... "McCabe Grass" graffiti'd all over Edinburgh. Particular wester hailes/murrayburn/sighthill.

Anyway... the story goes. McCabe grassed on drug dealers. Got some protection deal. Drug dealers and users weren't happy. Spray painted McCabe grass all over the place to the extent that you couldn't avoid seeing it.

And Ryan McGowan, who broke McP with his goal,  just scored a late winner for Sydney in the opening fixture of the A league.  Well done Ryan, you champion.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, Phage said:

If you are aged between 35-40 you'd have noticed in the teenage years.... "McCabe Grass" graffiti'd all over Edinburgh. Particular wester hailes/murrayburn/sighthill.

Anyway... the story goes. McCabe grassed on drug dealers. Got some protection deal. Drug dealers and users weren't happy. Spray painted McCabe grass all over the place to the extent that you couldn't avoid seeing it.

35-40? I'm 48 and remember seeing it going to and from Tynecastle in 1991/92.

In a similar vein anyone remember the boy who’d obviously ****** up and sprayed an apology on the Pavilion at Broomhouse Park. Something like “Louise I’m really sorry hen”?

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

In a similar vein anyone remember the boy who’d obviously ****** up and sprayed an apology on the Pavilion at Broomhouse Park. Something like “Louise I’m really sorry hen”?

It was Pam

"Pam I'm sorry, call me" or something 

Fort Vallance

Apparently a bit of a non story. They were out after playing in a friendly and a discussion got out of hand. Not sure if it was DFC or United supporters they were arguing with. Unlikely to even get to court but good for a bit of banter.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:23, Phage said:

It was Pam

"Pam I'm sorry, call me" or something 

That’s the one. Heartfelt