Hampden crunch Euro Tie

132goals1958

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Att: 20,699.

The papers obviously ran a false story about only 10,000 tickets being sold.

That won't be the attendance but the number of briefs sold. 

In addition, McGinn didn't touch the first goal. Clearly Christie's.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Coburg Hearts

• The Internet

• Mikey1874

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Agree. I was at the game and didn't celebrate the goal. Just felt a really classless thing to do. Keeper was clearly really embarassed by his mistake. San Marino players were begging Robertson to tell Armstrong to give it back to the keeper. The fact Armstrong didn't celebrate suggests he knew it was a dick move.

Can't wait to see your reaction if the same thing happens this week and we give the ball back to Rangers in the last minute

The keeper made a mistake, he was totally to blame and the reason why he is a poor keeper clearly shown as he lacked concentration and thought

This 'niceness' approach is partly what holds us back. The decision to give the foul was correct and there was no doubt as to it's validity

Edited by CJGJ

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Can't wait to see your reaction if the same thing happens this week and we give the ball back to Rangers in the last minute

The keeper made a mistake, he was totally to blame and the reason why he is a poor keeper clearly shown as he lacked concentration and thought

This 'niceness' approach is partly what holds us back. The decision to give the foul was correct and there was no doubt as to it's validity

With due respect CJGJ.

I was the original poster and stated the game was a Dead Rubber.

This doesn't fit with your example.

San ****ing Marino. 

If you have heard Stuart Armstrong being interviewed. He is anarticulate guy, a lot smarter than your average footballer. Close up showed embarrassment then smirk of devilment .

As I said earlier, would have preferred a bit of sporting integrity and gave it back to the keeper.

But he wanted to show his capabilities.

He should be in the stating 11. 

**** Knowsvwhy Southampton are not playing him.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

If we are 5-0 up at the time I'll enjoy the piss-taking nature doing so. If 0-0 at the time I'd obviously be more annoyed. Almost as if context is important. As Tommy Brown has pointed out, the two are hardly comparable. It would be closer to a Hearts vs Whitehill Welfare friendly than a league game against Rangers. To be honest, if tonight had been a serious game it would have been abandoned due to the conditions, with the ball sticking all over the pitch and players slipping and crashing into each other. Fortunately it was in no one's interest to call it off.

Of all the things holding us back, I'd out our 'niceness' approach pretty far down the list.

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If we are 5-0 up at the time I'll enjoy the piss-taking nature doing so. If 0-0 at the time I'd obviously be more annoyed. Almost as if context is important. As Tommy Brown has pointed out, the two are hardly comparable. It would be closer to a Hearts vs Whitehill Welfare friendly than a league game against Rangers. To be honest, if tonight had been a serious game it would have been abandoned due to the conditions, with the ball sticking all over the pitch and players slipping and crashing into each other. Fortunately it was in no one's interest to call it off.

Of all the things holding us back, I'd out our 'niceness' approach pretty far down the list.

The ball wasn't sticking on one side of the pitch - in front of the South Stand though it was pretty bad

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

6 goals at Hampden......when have I seen that before?

The Lawrence Shankland factor

Someone said he wouldn't get near the Scotland team. 2 days later he gets called up and now he has just scored his first goal in his first start. Unlucky not to score a hat-trick

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The Lawrence Shankland factor

Someone said he wouldn't get near the Scotland team. 2 days later he gets called up and now he has just scored his first goal in his first start. Unlucky not to score a hat-trick

The San marino factor mate. 

12 hours ago, salvo69 said:

He will sign for a top 4 club and play in the champions league ....higher level I would say

This

he is a great player 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The San marino factor mate. 

Guy does what he is there to do consistently but still doesn't get any credit from some folk on here.

Exactly the type of player we should have been in for.

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Guy does what he is there to do consistently but still doesn't get any credit from some folk on here.

Exactly the type of player we should have been in for.

He's widely lauded on here as the answer to all our problems and the club is constantly slated for not signing him. He has an 11 page thread and about 9 pages of it are folk saying positive things about him. He gets plenty credit. 

Of course some folk will disagree, world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Also enjoyed Clarke saying 'I told you they were a good team' on Russia beating a 10 man Cyprus 5-0 as if that justifies getting humped repeatedly. 

Maroon Sailor
26 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He's widely lauded on here as the answer to all our problems and the club is constantly slated for not signing him. He has an 11 page thread and about 9 pages of it are folk saying positive things about him. He gets plenty credit. 

Of course some folk will disagree, world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything. 

Don't think I've read anyone say he is the answer to all our problems.

Worth a low risk gamble  ? Of course he was.

Full International caps now proves this might have been the case.

Edited by Maroon Sailor