Hampden crunch Euro Tie

132goals1958

Look at that defence. 

Robertson, Mulgrew, Devlin and Palmer with Marshall behind.

You'd be lucky to win a ****ing league one game with that. We have **** all defensive options and our best keeper retired from international duty. 

Still laughing at the boys who wanted Strachan out. Idiots. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Coburg Hearts

• The Internet

• Mikey1874

27 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Except make sure Glasgow remains the 'home' of Scottish football. That's all that matters... 

Our game seems to exist only for the benefit of that city.  From the refs coming from there and the surrounding areas, hampden, the erse cheeks and media, it all revolves around that provincial shitehole...  

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Look at that defence. 

You'd be lucky to win a ****ing league one game with that. We have **** all defensive options and our best keeper retired from international duty. 

You think a world class left back and Marshall would struggle in league one?! Marshall has been decent for Scotland and stopped it being a cricket score at Hampden against Russia - not seen the goals tonight so no idea if at fault but he’s the least of our worries.  

Mulgrew shouldn’t still be playing and I’ve no idea what Devlin and Palmer are like to be honest. Up front is our biggest problem though, so few options and Burke playing there tonight says it all - he’s absolute shite.

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You think a world class left back and Marshall would struggle in league one?! Marshall has been decent for Scotland and stopped it being a cricket score at Hampden against Russia - not seen the goals tonight so no idea if at fault but he’s the least of our worries.  

Mulgrew shouldn’t still be playing and I’ve no idea what Devlin and Palmer are like to be honest. Up front is our biggest problem though, so few options and Burke playing there tonight says it all - he’s absolute shite.

Devlin was a strange choice - torn to pieces at Ibrox by Rangers and then benched...perfect time to give him his international debut! Surely the Motherwell guy Gallagher was a better option? Sometimes I just don't understand football managers. It is like they are trying to sabotage their team's chances to make a point. My personal bugbear is playing players out of position like they are all likely to do a Paul Hartley...

There has been no upturn in results, or more importantly, performances since Clarke came in. We have a good amount of players playing at a good level, but we cant forge a team together. 

I hate the SFA as much as the next person, but wanting Scotland to lose at anything makes zero sense to me.

manaliveits105
30 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Our game seems to exist only for the benefit of that city.  From the refs coming from there and the surrounding areas, hampden, the erse cheeks and media, it all revolves around that provincial shitehole...  

:spoton:

Scotland seem to have lost the plot completely. I honestly don’t understand it. We don’t have the best players in the world, but we should be better than this. Northern Ireland are able to out together a decent side, and their resources are a fraction of ours.

Maroon Sailor

The rot started after Italia 90 and nearly 30 years later we are at ground zero with the National team. 

It's been bad but nothing on this scale. Can't go any lower.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The rot started after Italia 90 and nearly 30 years later we are at ground zero with the National team. 

We have a bigger player pool than Wales and northern Ireland and we still cant put a team together as good as theirs.  We are now seen as a Malta or a Cyprus.  There is a complete flatness to our whole game just now.  There is nothing to get excited about.  

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Out of everyone why pick on Palmer? Hardly our worst player tonight.

Hardly our best either, we can do better than him at right back.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

We have a bigger player pool than Wales and northern Ireland and we still cant put a team together as good as theirs.  We are now seen as a Malta or a Cyprus.  There is a complete flatness to our whole game just now.  There is nothing to get excited about.  

Take out Wales and N Ireland and replace with Livingston, Motherwell, Killie, etc and you could be talking about Hearts there!

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fairly sure I was pointing out the defence as a unit......

You wont win many football matches with such an awful defence. Based on Scotland performances alone, Robertson is utterly average when not playing with world class players, unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Russia are absolutely bang average as well but you know the tartan army will come out of this saying 'Aye, but they're a gid team like'

If there’s apathy in the Hearts support then Scotland are taking it to the next level. 

3 hours ago, rick witter said:

Scotland and Hearts are much the same these days an absolute shambles. 

It’s not the managers in Scotland’s case though. It’s the fact the players are absolute dross. 

You look at what the likes of Northern Ireland and Wales can achieve when you are well organised and all playing with 100% effort. Scotland don’t have that. 

What an utter *****😂😂😂😂

Sums up where we are when the media are touting Lyndon Dykes to be recognised before Australia step in. No disrespect to the guy but an encouraging start to his Livingston career half a dozen games in is hardly a fast track to  the International set up. Amazing what a goal against Celtic does but it looks as if we are going back to square one. Depressingly I think we are at the lowest ebb in a long long time. Now over 20 years since we qualified for a major tournament and entry via the back door will no doubt be acclaimed by the powers that be.

6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The rot started after Italia 90

The good old days.

8 hours ago, rick witter said:

Scotland and Hearts are much the same these days an absolute shambles. 

It’s not the managers in Scotland’s case though. It’s the fact the players are absolute dross. 

You look at what the likes of Northern Ireland and Wales can achieve when you are well organised and all playing with 100% effort. Scotland don’t have that. 

Nearly a lightbulb moment there for rick. 

Phew, it blew.

12 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

In my opinion one of the real problems with the SFA and those in charge, they genuinely believe they know what they are doing, there is nothing wrong with there methods and they are not willing to change or compromise there methods or inbred beliefs

Until those in charge admit they have been doing it wrong, then I’m afraid things will only continue to get worse

As long as we have an Old Firm, and the jobs for the boys committee are looked after then in there eyes everything’s fine

Re above including Italia 90 I think a complacency set in after we qualified for Euro 92. So many qualifications achieved. Even after failing to qualify for USA 94 which was bad we got back on with Euro 96 and France 98.

Maybe that has never been shifted. 

4 hours ago, Jambo647 said:

In my opinion one of the real problems with the SFA and those in charge, they genuinely believe they know what they are doing, there is nothing wrong with there methods and they are not willing to change or compromise there methods or inbred beliefs

Until those in charge admit they have been doing it wrong, then I’m afraid things will only continue to get worse

As long as we have an Old Firm, and the jobs for the boys committee are looked after then in there eyes everything’s fine

Jobs for the boys.  I am sure they sit in the Hampden break-out area on the morning after an international and blame everybody for a defeat excepts themselves. 

Personally, if we are going to get beat, then we get beat fielding a team of promising home based players rather than over rated elder statesmen from the lower echelons of the English Football league with dubious birth credentials..

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Re above including Italia 90 I think a complacency set in after we qualified for Euro 92.

I think there's something in that. But really, if we consider 1978 the first bleak turning point - because it traumatised Scotland into not playing attacking football and the public into being scared to get truly excited about the team - the second was Portugal 5-0 Scotland, 1993. I was astonished at that result. We'd all grown so used to Scotland over-achieving in qualifying for so so long. I'm sure Strachan said afterwards that completely fundamental change was needed across the board.

And the third? The Morocco game. Afterwards, plenty of people suggested Scotland wouldn't qualify for anything again for a generation. Who'd have known they were still somehow underestimating things?

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I had forgotten that Billy Connelly used to be funny.  

Ooft.... there's a joke there 🙄

Maroon Sailor
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

More bad news.

Iceland look like being our Nations League semi final opponents. 

Don't think Scotland have lost to Iceland. Mind you I wouldn't take this Scotland team to beat Farmfoods

On 10/10/2019 at 21:08, Nelly Terraces said:

Good to hear the Glasgow FA 11 getting another doing.

Hope it ends a fecking hammering.  

Absolutely weegie *******s 

On 10/10/2019 at 22:05, The Brow said:

Look at that defence. 

It is terrible that defence. 

Striking options are not much better.

With regard to Strachan though. His time was up. He got a good 3/4 years in the job and could not get us to a major tournament - despite the fact that Euro 2016 became the easiest tournament to qualify for due to them extending it from 16 to 24 teams. 

If we are being honest, he didn’t even get us close to qualifying for a tournament.

Combine that with the arrogance and distain he showed towards the fans - the game was up for him. It was time to move on. 

On 10/10/2019 at 22:05, The Brow said:

Look at that defence. 

He failed to qualify for 2 tournaments and his lack of using the thumb was criminal.

56 minutes ago, jake said:

He failed to qualify for 2 tournaments and his lack of using the thumb was criminal.

strachan only started setting the team up correctly when we were effectively out of qualifying

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't think Scotland have lost to Iceland. Mind you I wouldn't take this Scotland team to beat Farmfoods

Liked that

Montgomery Brewster

A record low crowd on the cards

I have been saying for 30 years - Blazers Out !  Starting with the Tache. Then get that erse Doncaster away from the Sfa as well. He does an awful job at the SPFL and gets another trough to sup at. Truly corrupt.

On 11/10/2019 at 00:05, The Brow said:

Look at that defence. 

Strachan stayed a campaign too long. Made a complete mess of qualifying for euro 2016 and then results only improved when it was almost impossible for us to qualify for the World Cup.

Treated the fans with utter contempt and single handedly managed to reduce the Scotland Supporters Club from over 30k to under 20k in less than two years.

The idiots are the SFA for not emptying Strachan sooner.

Edited by TurboT

16 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

I have been saying for 30 years - Blazers Out !  Starting with the Tache. Then get that erse Doncaster away from the Sfa as well. He does an awful job at the SPFL and gets another trough to sup at. Truly corrupt.

The lowest crowd I remember was in 1969 when we only got just under 7,500 against Northern Ireland in the pouring rain. Hardly anyone went through the Excursion bus(s) from the Bus Station. I must have been mad going to that one. From memory George Best tore us apart but we somehow managed to get a draw. 

Montgomery Brewster
Just now, maroonsgotop said:

The lowest crowd I remember was in 1969 when we only got just under 7,500 against Northern Ireland in the pouring rain. Hardly anyone went through the Excursion bus(s) from the Bus Station. I must have been mad going to that one. From memory George Best tore us apart but we somehow managed to get a draw. 

This is a record for euro qualifiers. That would have been a home international ? 
either way grim times

29 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Get them all far far away and we might just start seeing an improvement in Scotland. 

I've never been to a Scotland game in my life. Just cannot be arsed with it at all. Its utter pish. 

5 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

This is a record for euro qualifiers. That would have been a home international ? 
either way grim times

it was a Home International but some reports are saying it's gonna be our lowest ever attendance for a competitive match. Also in the NI game Georgie Best was playing and we had just beaten Wales away 5-3 

22 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

In contrast I was at the game against England at Hampden in 1970.I checked the stats and the crowd was 137,438.Everyone knew the players from both sides.It was a great day out for an 18 year old and his mates.Saying that Hampden was a death trap in those days.

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

My nephews band are playing a couple of songs at halftime 😀

Probably play in front of a bigger crowd if he was on the Ross Band Stand

12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Probably play in front of a bigger crowd if he was on the Ross Band Stand

Telt them to take their boots.

They played there with Bastille and The Vaccines last year.

Edited by maroondevo52

1 hour ago, norrie1952 said:

In contrast I was at the game against England at Hampden in 1970.I checked the stats and the crowd was 137,438.Everyone knew the players from both sides.It was a great day out for an 18 year old and his mates.Saying that Hampden was a death trap in those days.

yep was also at that game and wore my Hearts scarf in support of Cruickie who was in goal and got a clean sheet. Got a few dirty looks and comments but nothing worse 

Bazzas right boot
On 11/10/2019 at 21:44, Mikey1874 said:

More bad news.

Iceland look like being our Nations League semi final opponents. 

Capital meats would take us down. 

Or are they "the" capital meats now? 

Meanwhile, Scotland booted out of the rugby world cup by a 2nd tier nation.  Seriously  have things ever been worse.

Hearts, Scotland and scottish rugby desperately need coaches who know that they're doing.

Everything miserable at present.