• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Coburg Hearts

• The Internet

• Mikey1874

1 minute ago, skinnybob72 said:

Russia only 58 shy of clawing back the deficit from the combined rugby / football matches this week....

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t go to Scotland games, wear a kilt, fake or otherwise but I do like to see my country do well at anything - what a strange phenomenon eh?  I do love haggis though.

I’m sure you’ll be consistent, expressing your fake anger at all the pished up kilt wearing Jambos drinking shite lager at our next Euro away tie though eh?  No?  Thought not.

WTAF are you on about, chief? It is entirely possible to both love your country and mock one of it;s sports teams/organizations for it's complete comedy value. 

Coburg Hearts
Just now, JAMBO747 said:

Who the fluk is that imposter Patsy Palmer at right back?

I thought it was Harry Palmer and Michael Caine was making a comeback.

McGinn looks like the wee jakey that was wandering about local gardens here looking for magic mushrooms. 

Did I hear Provan just say he doesn’t think anyone saw this coming? 

Bazzas right boot

Over two decades of national decline and our governing body does nothing. 

Absolute farce. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Absolute farce. 

We’re so far behind even the most average of nations it’s incredible.

Depressing :(

6 minutes ago, JAMBO747 said:

Its Liam Cooper according to Provan

Scotland and Hearts are much the same these days an absolute shambles. 

It’s not the managers in Scotland’s case though. It’s the fact the players are absolute dross. 

You look at what the likes of Northern Ireland and Wales can achieve when you are well organised and all playing with 100% effort. Scotland don’t have that. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

2-0 Scotland on Sunday? 

Isn’t it nearly always 2-0 when we play them?  Might struggle to achieve that this time though.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Absolute farce. 

Except make sure Glasgow remains the 'home' of Scottish football. That's all that matters... 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, rick witter said:

It’s not the managers in Scotland’s case though. It’s the fact the players are absolute dross. 

You look at what the likes of Northern Ireland and Wales can achieve when you are well organised and all playing with 100% effort. Scotland don’t have that. 

Bit of a contradiction that mate.

I’ve noticed that while the rugby team appeared good at passing the ball forwards against Russia, the football team are capable of only passing backwards!! It’s like we’re confused...

Edited by skinnybob72

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

That makes no sense

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Says its not the managers fault, it's the poor players. Uses Wales and Northern Ireland as examples to back up his point. 

13 minutes ago, JAMBO747 said:

Out of everyone why pick on Palmer? Hardly our worst player tonight.

I suppose it turned out more or less what was expected.To be honest I do not see the point of this so called golden ticket play off in March. No need for further embarrassment

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

🤔🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I’ve noticed that while the rugby team appeared good at passing the ball forwards against Russia, the football team are capable of only passing backwards!! It’s like we’re confused...

:D

6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

San Marino up next. Cannae see us winning that to be honest. 

Great chance for San Marino to win a game.

SectionDJambo

Scottish football is knackered and would take years to fix, even if there was a proper attempt. The whole show is run for the benefit of Glasgow both in playing terms and, almost unbelievably, refereeing.

Everything has to originate from Glasgow or its surrounding areas. The religious bigotry curse has probably become more polarised in recent years, which although it may not be a direct cause of corruption, certainly rears it’s ugly head all too often.

The league set up does nothing to promote football skills and is purely set up to protect the finances of clubs like Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Hamilton, who want the extra fixtures against the Old Firm. That and the tv companies wanting 4 Old Firm games, and not exactly paying a king’s ransom for dictating our fixture list.

It’s way beyond time that we returned to a bigger top league of either 16 or 18 and teams played each other twice. The old excuse of meaningless games is nonsense. We have plenty of them now, and the split is a crazy idea.

Something is fundamentally wrong with Scottish football and there is little or no desire to repair it due to self interest.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

WTAF are you on about, chief? It is entirely possible to both love your country and mock one of it;s sports teams/organizations for it's complete comedy value. 

I was answering your previous ridiculous post.  Mocking them is one thing - I’ve done it myself plenty times recently with both Scotland and Hearts - actually wanting them to lose and gloating about it is something else.

You sound like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about the SFA - not my favourite organisation either but out of interest what do you suggest they do to improve things at international level?  Or domestic level?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was answering your previous ridiculous post.  Mocking them is one thing - I’ve done it myself plenty times recently with both Scotland and Hearts - actually wanting them to lose and gloating about it is something else.

You sound like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about the SFA - not my favourite organisation either but out of interest what do you suggest they do to improve things at international level?  Or domestic level?

Very simple. Appoint individuals who have the game as a whole at heart and who have no interest in taking a dry length from 2 vile, bigoted and disgusting clubs.

15 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

San Marino up next. Cannae see us winning that to be honest. 

I'm going out on a limb here and predicting a 2-1 win for Scotlend.  OG and dodgy penalty.

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Michael Smith has been out-standing this evening.

Despite that Dutch goal.

How long’s he going to be out for?

Maybe failing to defeat San Marino would finally bring about the changes we need in our game. I have no passion left whatsoever for the national team.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Very simple. Appoint individuals who have the game as a whole at heart and who have no interest in taking a dry length from 2 vile, bigoted and disgusting clubs.

Which ones do you think don’t have the game as a whole at heart and who would you appoint to replace them?  

I’m not clear how not taking a dry length from the OF helps the national team though🤷‍♂️