Hampden crunch Euro Tie

132goals1958

132goals1958

That is according to the Evening News today (page 16). --- Scotrail are putting on extra trains for quote --- Hampden crunch Euro Tie in the must win game against San Marino. Have I missed something.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Coburg Hearts

• The Internet

• Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

That is according to the Evening News today (page 16). --- Scotrail are putting on extra trains for quote --- Hampden crunch Euro Tie in the must win game against San Marino. Have I missed something.

Its the only team we can beat... hottest ticket in football!!

Must win for no other reason then the worlwide beamer it would give us if we lose. Apart from that it is a pointless game. 

It'll be a shite attendance, so Scotrail will just be milking the marketing opportunity to make it look like they care about football and are putting extra carriages on when they aren't really :whistling:

But I guess must win because if we lose at home to San Marino, then there really is no ****ing point to the men's team anymore.

Extra trains for the smallest crowd. The German league has free transport for everyone who has a ticket for a game all day. We provide "extra" trains for the smallest game!

heartsfc_fan

Better playing this at Tynecastle or Easter Road.

But no. The comfort blanket of Hampden Park for a few of the big wigs in the boardroom is enough.

It’s important for getting the team/squad ready for the qualifier next year, and our coefficient.

I’m off to see Scotland abroad for the first time ever next month in Cyprus. Seemed a good idea when we planned it last year. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Honestly couldn't give a flying **** about the national team just now.  

We are shite and this will not change until there is a fundamental shift if=n the attitude of Scottish football at all levels.  In other words we will continue to be shite and getting shiter by the year.

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

We are shite and this will not change until there is a fundamental shift if=n the attitude of Scottish football at all levels.  In other words we will continue to be shite and getting shiter by the year.

We have U21 game at Tynecastle tonight. Not sure if anyone is going.

I watched U19s last night on tv. Despite some good things, overall it was pretty depressing. 

No noticeable change in how we play. 

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Yip, I am the same, couldn't care less about them. 

Used to go to the old Hampden in the seventies and eighties to watch the likes of Souness, Dalglish and Jordan and it was a fantastic experience

Nowadays if I won a ticket for free hospitality and free travel would give it away in a flash. 

23 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip, I am the same, couldn't care less about them. 

Used to go to the old Hampden in the seventies and eighties to watch the likes of Souness, Dalglish and Jordan and it was a fantastic experience

Nowadays if I won a ticket for free hospitality and free travel would give it away in a flash. 

You have a PM. 👍

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I watched U19s last night on tv. Despite some good things, overall it was pretty depressing. 

Think I will pop along tonight

40 minutes ago, the general said:

Think I will pop along tonight

Good stuff

Game is also live on BBC website and will also be on the SFA YouTube channel. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Not showing up Dave and inbox has been emptied now 😕

Ah well, let me know when you win the hospitality tickets. 😊 

Going by what the papers are saying

- Olly Burke is playing alone up front (Shankland on bench)

- Mikey Devlin will play in defence and Declan Gallagher may play too 

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ah well, let me know when you win the hospitality tickets. 😊 

😅😅 don't even know if I applied for them this time 😕

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I saw the advertisement regarding the 1874 bar being open after the game, and the special drink offers available during the week....  I think this may catch on with junior/younger age games...

its 13/2 with Hills for Scotland win...   Tempted by odds to lamp on a fiver.....      But Scotland are even worse than Hibs and Hearts at present.  Even when at Rugby, Scotland get a good win over Russia, a b******. storm could put us out of tournament   :(

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Smack said:

Russia - 1 goal is 7/5. Tempting. 

Already got it in my acca mate, was tempted by -2 and -3 as well, but didn't want to appear too greedy 

Bazzas right boot

Cyprus won where we got pumped 4-0.

😭

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, hueyview said:

its 13/2 with Hills for Scotland win...   Tempted by odds to lamp on a fiver.....      But Scotland are even worse than Hibs and Hearts at present.  Even when at Rugby, Scotland get a good win over Russia, a b******. storm could put us out of tournament   :(

That is a belter. 

On another note, if the Ireland game gets called of and Scotland win, we top the group. 

Farce. 

Even the football team weren't that imaginative, getting knocked out by a storm. Ffs. 

🤣

0-0 half time at Tynie U21s.

Another depressing sight of where we are. (Watched U19s last night) Good endeavour. Can pass across the pitch, create some chances against limited opposition and get crosses in. But the quality isn't there. 3 great chances missed. No one really standing out. Future not looking great. 

Oh and Porteous will get sent off. 

Christie or forrest should be in for snodgrass. Other than that and the tragic centre back pairing it looks OK for a counter attacking side. 

Captain Canada

People are quick to criticise the manager but a lot of that squad are awful and he doesn't have a lot of options with call-offs, injuries etc. 

Edited by Captain Canada

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That is a belter. 

On another note, if the Ireland game gets called of and Scotland win, we top the group. 

Farce. 

Even the football team weren't that imaginative, getting knocked out by a storm. Ffs. 

🤣

So true .....   :)

Bridge of Djoum

It’s I know I’ll get flak for this and I genuinely don’t give a monkeys. I truly hope Russia get a resounding win. 

5-0 at least please. 

2503787D-D4B5-4411-AF7A-2F390A39410C.jpeg

Governor Tarkin

Most of the Russians I work with are dicks.

It would be just dandy to GIRFUTC for the second time in a week. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

It’s I know I’ll get flak for this and I genuinely don’t give a monkeys. I truly hope Russia get a resounding win. 

5-0 at least please. 

:seething:

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

5-0 at least please. 

No flak, but why? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

0-0 half time at Tynie U21s.

Another depressing sight of where we are. (Watched U19s last night) Good endeavour. Can pass across the pitch, create some chances against limited opposition and get crosses in. But the quality isn't there. 3 great chances missed. No one really standing out. Future not looking great. 

Oh and Porteous will get sent off. 

Weird why Hickey isnt in that squad. He's the kind of player that Southgate would call up for England. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

No flak, but why? Just curious. 

In the vain hope utter humiliation will expediate change from an organization that just doesn’t give a **** and has no clue how to run,  expand and improve what they are paid to do. Add to that a group of players that also don’t care and an embarrassing Tam O’ Shanter clad mob of alcoholics who only attend for the bevvy. 

If if it was any other national football team we’d all be laughing our tits off at them. 

chester copperpot
13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

5-0 at least please. 

Can I ask why?

Clarke oot? 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, chester copperpot said:

Can I ask why?

Clarke oot? 

I’m surprised he took the job. He’s better than that.

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

In the vain hope utter humiliation will expediate change from an organization that just doesn’t give a **** and has no clue how to run,  expand and improve what they are paid to do. Add to that a group of players that also don’t care and an embarrassing Tam O’ Shanter clad mob of alcoholics who only attend for the bevvy. 

If if it was any other national football team we’d all be laughing our tits off at them. 

Cool, so it is a pathetic reason. Was hoping for something better. Enjoy the game.