Jump to content
dellboy1971

TIME TO BOYCOTT MATCH

Recommended Posts

jambos are go!

As I have said before anyone who goes through with a boycott we are better off  without.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

As I have said before anyone who goes through with a boycott we are better off  without.


Disagree - I respect those willing to sacrifice to accelerate a decision designed to return Is back to somewhere near respectability, rather than the absolute joke we have become..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
baron of ness

 

 

 

U

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


Disagree - I respect those willing to sacrifice to accelerate a decision designed to return Is back to somewhere near respectability, rather than the absolute joke we have become..

I watched a Hearts team struggling through the seventies and early eighties, we sacked more managers than you could shake a stick at and all it got us was relegation 

Don't  think Craig Lavein is the answer but don't want to go back to those days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T

Why don’t we show up in numbers support the team then join in with the inevitable ‘sacked in the morning’ chant from the away end!

 

Seems to be the only thing that sparks any life out the team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I predict Enzo that you will be right. 

Boycott or not they will absolutely smash us and whatever Hearts fans decide to go to the match will voice their opinions on Levein and Budge and they will have to sit there and take it. That’s definitely what’s coming!!

Personally I will not set foot into Tynecastle again until he is removed as manager but I hope he gets the message after the next match and leaves for good. 

Yes, momentum is definitely building and it could have been handled so much better. Had AB been thinking straight she would have insisted he step aside at the end of last season.  My problem though Rick is that I've boycotted the entire season. How do I, and others in the same boycott boat , participate in an organised boycott? Buy a ticket and not turn up? I feel such a fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic

Ideas bounded about are a boycott, a demonstration, a mass throwing of various items on the pitch?

 

Some points to consider.

 

Complete boycott.

 

 

As has been pointed out our attendances have been down recently thus causing reductions in match day revenues thus damaging the club financially.

 

Im no Einstein but surely the boycott will further reduce match day attendance further reducing revenue further damaging the club financially?

 

If we are looking to replace Levein then their must be compensation paid not only to him but also his backroom staff (potentially a complete clear out and should budgeted for). Further costs not budgeted for further implicating the players budget.

 

A temporary boycott. AKA leave early.

 

Im assuming this will only be for season ticket holders? Reason I ask is I cant for 1 second imagine walk ups paying for a ticket to then suddenly get up and walk out a few minutes later?

 

This of course would only affect the club financially if walks up decided to go a bit mental and choose the above. 

 

Demonstration.

 

Levein out chants, banners, balloons and maybe a fly by? 

 

Good luck. Don’t forget your tracksuit and groomer.

 

Mass throwing of objects.

 

Bog roll is recyclable so unlikely to get bad press from the green tree huggers out there how ever if it rains or the pitch is wet then it will turn to sludge potentially causing match abandonment.

 

Tennis balls are green. They will blend in with our state of the art pitch. Failure to remove them all may mean balls left on the pitch potentially causing players to stand on them causing potential injuries impacting our already incredible injury list thus damaging the club.

 

All this is avoidable if you just continue to bleat like sheep on here. 

 

Chorus of bah bah black sheep anyone??

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

 

 

 

U

I watched a Hearts team struggling through the seventies and early eighties, we sacked more managers than you could shake a stick at and all it got us was relegation 

Don't  think Craig Lavein is the answer but don't want to go back to those days.

The big difference in the 70s was that we were badly managed OFF the park too. It was difficult for most of the managers back then. We had also haemmoraged a lot of supporters after losing the league in 65. The opposite is true now. Levein has benefited from resources that nearly every other Hearts manager in history would have bitten your arm off for. We are failing now because of his mismanagement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John mcCartney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheStig

We aren't looking to replace him tho. Budge has made that clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The big difference in the 70s was that we were badly managed OFF the park too. It was difficult for most of the managers back then. We had also haemmoraged a lot of supporters after losing the league in 65. The opposite is true now. Levein has benefited from resources that nearly every other Hearts manager in history would have bitten your arm off for. We are failing now because of his mismanagement. 

 

Good post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Ideas bounded about are a boycott, a demonstration, a mass throwing of various items on the pitch?

 

Some points to consider.

 

Complete boycott.

 

 

As has been pointed out our attendances have been down recently thus causing reductions in match day revenues thus damaging the club financially.

 

Im no Einstein but surely the boycott will further reduce match day attendance further reducing revenue further damaging the club financially?

 

If we are looking to replace Levein then their must be compensation paid not only to him but also his backroom staff (potentially a complete clear out and should budgeted for). Further costs not budgeted for further implicating the players budget.

 

A temporary boycott. AKA leave early.

 

Im assuming this will only be for season ticket holders? Reason I ask is I cant for 1 second imagine walk ups paying for a ticket to then suddenly get up and walk out a few minutes later?

 

This of course would only affect the club financially if walks up decided to go a bit mental and choose the above. 

 

Demonstration.

 

Levein out chants, banners, balloons and maybe a fly by? 

 

Good luck. Don’t forget your tracksuit and groomer.

 

Mass throwing of objects.

 

Bog roll is recyclable so unlikely to get bad press from the green tree huggers out there how ever if it rains or the pitch is wet then it will turn to sludge potentially causing match abandonment.

 

Tennis balls are green. They will blend in with our state of the art pitch. Failure to remove them all may mean balls left on the pitch potentially causing players to stand on them causing potential injuries impacting our already incredible injury list thus damaging the club.

 

All this is avoidable if you just continue to bleat like sheep on here. 

 

Chorus of bah bah black sheep anyone??

 

 

 

 

Tennis balls are green ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sac

Media down south already discussing the possibility of Soslkjaer getting emptied, & Moyes maybe heading for a return to Everton.

The game now is big business & dependent on the sum of all its parts working. The Levein part just isn’t working, & any fingernails he may have had left to cling on to have gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
23 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Tennis balls are green ?

 

 Our pitch is yellow apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Tennis balls are green ?

Aye to make them easier to see against the green grass!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
1 hour ago, baron of ness said:

 

 

 

U

I watched a Hearts team struggling through the seventies and early eighties, we sacked more managers than you could shake a stick at and all it got us was relegation 

Don't  think Craig Lavein is the answer but don't want to go back to those days.


We’ve more chance of avoiding it with levein gone.. we were also skint in the 70’s and early 80’s.. we are far from skint now - in fact we are the healthiest we’ve ever been.. apart from woeful management

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The big difference in the 70s was that we were badly managed OFF the park too. It was difficult for most of the managers back then. We had also haemmoraged a lot of supporters after losing the league in 65. The opposite is true now. Levein has benefited from resources that nearly every other Hearts manager in history would have bitten your arm off for. We are failing now because of his mismanagement. 

 

 

Yet you don't trust the woman's decision, the woman who has put us ( and Craig) in this great position you speak off.

 

You say we are great off the park(opposite from 70's and 80's), but don't trust her leadership in this. 

 

 

:levein_interesting:

 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randy Marsh
53 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The big difference in the 70s was that we were badly managed OFF the park too. It was difficult for most of the managers back then. We had also haemmoraged a lot of supporters after losing the league in 65. The opposite is true now. Levein has benefited from resources that nearly every other Hearts manager in history would have bitten your arm off for. We are failing now because of his mismanagement. 

Correct.  Spot on as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karipidis
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Yet you don't trust the woman's decision, the woman who has put us ( and Craig) in this great position you speak off.

 

You say we are great off the park(opposite from 70's and 80's), but don't trust her leadership in this. 

 

 

:levein_interesting:

 

It is clearly on the park issues that she is not capable of managing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Ideas bounded about are a boycott, a demonstration, a mass throwing of various items on the pitch?

 

Some points to consider.

 

Complete boycott.

 

 

As has been pointed out our attendances have been down recently thus causing reductions in match day revenues thus damaging the club financially.

 

Im no Einstein but surely the boycott will further reduce match day attendance further reducing revenue further damaging the club financially?

 

If we are looking to replace Levein then their must be compensation paid not only to him but also his backroom staff (potentially a complete clear out and should budgeted for). Further costs not budgeted for further implicating the players budget.

 

A temporary boycott. AKA leave early.

 

Im assuming this will only be for season ticket holders? Reason I ask is I cant for 1 second imagine walk ups paying for a ticket to then suddenly get up and walk out a few minutes later?

 

This of course would only affect the club financially if walks up decided to go a bit mental and choose the above. 

 

Demonstration.

 

Levein out chants, banners, balloons and maybe a fly by? 

 

Good luck. Don’t forget your tracksuit and groomer.

 

Mass throwing of objects.

 

Bog roll is recyclable so unlikely to get bad press from the green tree huggers out there how ever if it rains or the pitch is wet then it will turn to sludge potentially causing match abandonment.

 

Tennis balls are green. They will blend in with our state of the art pitch. Failure to remove them all may mean balls left on the pitch potentially causing players to stand on them causing potential injuries impacting our already incredible injury list thus damaging the club.

 

All this is avoidable if you just continue to bleat like sheep on here. 

 

Chorus of bah bah black sheep anyone??

 

 

 

 

There's 2 mins I'll never get back 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
11 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

As I have said before anyone who goes through with a boycott we are better off  without.

 

Ffs

 

:facepalm:

 

Our fan base is consumed with apathy and crowds are falling at a staggering rate. It is bad enough that the first thing Budge did was open Room 101 for the fans she does not want without our own fanbase doing so. We need us all right now. All for one and one for all. We are in deep doodoo here. We all know deep down I am sure the reasons for this but nothing is being done. Protest, boycott and shout from the rooftops untill this woman wakes up. She is set on listening to only those that blow smoke up her arse and it is highly destructive. She is so out of touch she is probably expecting a statue of herself to be unveiled next home game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gorgie rd eh11
On 08/10/2019 at 18:19, graygo said:

Can you keep well back from the turnstiles please, I like to stroll up and have easy access.

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 This please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Yet you don't trust the woman's decision, the woman who has put us ( and Craig) in this great position you speak off.

 

You say we are great off the park(opposite from 70's and 80's), but don't trust her leadership in this. 

 

 

:levein_interesting:

 

 

Just because she gets a lot of things right doesn't mean she is right about Craig Levein. Nobody is right all the time. Maybe people should view each situation and subsequent decision on its own merits rather than rely on blind trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Biguche
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

There's 2 mins I'll never get back 🙄

It must take you years to get through a book!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Just because she gets a lot of things right doesn't mean she is right about Craig Levein. Nobody is right all the time. Maybe people should view each situation and subsequent decision on its own merits rather than rely on blind trust.

Protest, within the law, should always be a valid option when people feel strongly about something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Yet you don't trust the woman's decision, the woman who has put us ( and Craig) in this great position you speak off.

 

You say we are great off the park(opposite from 70's and 80's), but don't trust her leadership in this. 

 

 

:levein_interesting:

 

image.png.67083c1c9385775fae0ba99b9fa2ab9c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambali
11 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Ideas bounded about are a boycott, a demonstration, a mass throwing of various items on the pitch?

 

Some points to consider.

 

Complete boycott.

 

 

As has been pointed out our attendances have been down recently thus causing reductions in match day revenues thus damaging the club financially.

 

Im no Einstein but surely the boycott will further reduce match day attendance further reducing revenue further damaging the club financially?

 

If we are looking to replace Levein then their must be compensation paid not only to him but also his backroom staff (potentially a complete clear out and should budgeted for). Further costs not budgeted for further implicating the players budget.

 

A temporary boycott. AKA leave early.

 

Im assuming this will only be for season ticket holders? Reason I ask is I cant for 1 second imagine walk ups paying for a ticket to then suddenly get up and walk out a few minutes later?

 

This of course would only affect the club financially if walks up decided to go a bit mental and choose the above. 

 

Demonstration.

 

Levein out chants, banners, balloons and maybe a fly by? 

 

Good luck. Don’t forget your tracksuit and groomer.

 

Mass throwing of objects.

 

Bog roll is recyclable so unlikely to get bad press from the green tree huggers out there how ever if it rains or the pitch is wet then it will turn to sludge potentially causing match abandonment.

 

Tennis balls are green. They will blend in with our state of the art pitch. Failure to remove them all may mean balls left on the pitch potentially causing players to stand on them causing potential injuries impacting our already incredible injury list thus damaging the club.

 

All this is avoidable if you just continue to bleat like sheep on here. 

 

Chorus of bah bah black sheep anyone??

 

 

 

 

No loss of revenue if ST holders boycott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EIEIO

Slightly off topic, I was watching The Apprentice last night Sugar doesn't muck about "you're fired" is his mantra. Imagine Levein in the boardroom he wouldn't last a fortnight Sugar would see right through his deflection , lies and excuses. Conversely , Ann would be shit in the Sugar role candidates would be allowed to winge and greet constantly with no one sacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
36 minutes ago, jambali said:

No loss of revenue if ST holders boycott

 

Food, drink, programmes, visiting the shop on matchdays etc would be affected. 

 

Unless you dont think the 13000 (or whatever it was) ST holders spend any extra money in or around Tynecastle on matchdays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allowayjambo1874

The support is too fragmented when it comes to protests. There will always be the ‘I support the team’ people when walk outs or non attendance are discussed and protests on plaza just won’t appeal to a load of people as it’s not their thing. A visual display during the game would possibly be something everyone could get behind, red cards or something, and if a whole stadium is united in it then maybe (just maybe) AB might take notice. 

As everything else attempted will only be done by a minority (even if it’s a couple of thousand) it’ll be shrugged off by our hierarchy as being a few with extreme views. 

The apathy comes from the ‘what can we do’ mantra after the statement she released backing him to the hilt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S Form
45 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Slightly off topic, I was watching The Apprentice last night Sugar doesn't muck about "you're fired" is his mantra. Imagine Levein in the boardroom he wouldn't last a fortnight Sugar would see right through his deflection , lies and excuses. Conversely , Ann would be shit in the Sugar role candidates would be allowed to winge and greet constantly with no one sacked.

I’m not sure if that’s a good analogy - didn’t Sugar make an arse of things when he was in charge of Spurs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Slightly off topic, I was watching The Apprentice last night Sugar doesn't muck about "you're fired" is his mantra. Imagine Levein in the boardroom he wouldn't last a fortnight Sugar would see right through his deflection , lies and excuses. Conversely , Ann would be shit in the Sugar role candidates would be allowed to winge and greet constantly with no one sacked.

Yip, she has no record of sacking anyone. :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
20 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The last part is designed to paint you as a better fan than those that have a different view on the best way to cut the cancer from the club.

 

And believe me anyone who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup is way down the "better fan" pecking order.

:sweeet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionN

I'll be attending the protest at the foundation plaza before the rangers game then heading straight to a boozer to watch the game on TV.

 

Will not be back until CL is gone.

 

Another Seat in Upper N available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EIEIO
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, she has no record of sacking anyone. :whistling:

Only Cathro and Jack Ross from memory (though the latter is usually attributed to CL), not counting Locke as his contract had expired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Yet you don't trust the woman's decision, the woman who has put us ( and Craig) in this great position you speak off.

 

You say we are great off the park(opposite from 70's and 80's), but don't trust her leadership in this. 

 

 

:levein_interesting:

 

Presumably you don’t trust the decision either as you have stated you think Levein should be removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EIEIO
50 minutes ago, S Form said:

I’m not sure if that’s a good analogy - didn’t Sugar make an arse of things when he was in charge of Spurs?

Probably did, just pointing out different approaches to a problem in a semi serious way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S Form
7 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Probably did, just pointing out different approaches to a problem in a semi serious way. 

Yeah, got that. Sadly, no one on our board seems able to spot bullcrap when they have it presented to them on a plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion
26 minutes ago, SectionN said:

I'll be attending the protest at the foundation plaza before the rangers game then heading straight to a boozer to watch the game on TV.

 

Will not be back until CL is gone.

 

Another Seat in Upper N available.

I’m going to the protest and the only reason I’m going to the game is because I’ve came in from Gorebridge.

 

Maybe I can have a chat with the founding FOH members on the train on the way home about Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
33 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Only Cathro and Jack Ross from memory (though the latter is usually attributed to CL), not counting Locke as his contract had expired.

Scott Gardner, allegedly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambali
2 hours ago, been here before said:

 

Food, drink, programmes, visiting the shop on matchdays etc would be affected. 

 

Unless you dont think the 13000 (or whatever it was) ST holders spend any extra money in or around Tynecastle on matchdays.

I was replying to a post about tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coburg Hearts
18 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Maybe to you. I’ll describe him exactly as I see him.

if you don’t like it then too fecking bad. 

Have you ever had someone close to you die of cancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoleto
15 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

As I have said before anyone who goes through with a boycott we are better off  without.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EIEIO
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Scott Gardner, allegedly. 

Good to know, just the "Sean Clare" of the boardroom and his  cabal  of wankers in the dugout away from being Queen Ann again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
14 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Have you ever had someone close to you die of cancer?

Both parents and my sister has had cancer twice.

 

What relevance does that have to anything.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray has bus pass hooray

Anybody IMO who is depriving the club of funds needs to have a serious look at themselves in the mirror. I have followed Hearts since my first game in 1961 and seen some pish/crap over the number of years. As many others have alluded to managers/players/directors and owners come and go but the one constant is the Club which i am proud to support as i'm sure is every Hearts supporter. The manager at present is presiding over a team that has no confidence and it is looking ominous for the rest of this season. My only defence of CL is the fact that both last year and this year injuries again have had a massive effect on our performances losing peripheral players is one thing but to lose our key players has definitely been a large part of the problem. However having said that i think CL has to decide what's best for the club if that means moving aside then so be it, we could bring in another manager and he could be an abject failure what do we then do then bin them as well and go for another. I wish i knew the answer but one thing i will say is that i will still attend Tynecastle as i have done for the last 50 odd years and continue to put money into the club for as long as i live not for me but for future generations, my kids and grandkids.

I hope that we come through this horrible period in the footballing department and we will see us rise back to where we should be the third best team in Scotland (first would be better but money talks) winning cups and annual European games. The infrastructure is in place and for that we have AB and more importantly the supporters to thank for that.

When we do recover then all this arguing not just on here but in the pubs and at games will hopefully cease because at times it's been quite vitriolic/heated at times and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion.

 

I would like to finish by saying that i am not a better supporter than anybody else i just love the club and all that goes with it i have had some great memories over the years from cup wins and European trips but my Heart will remain in Gorgie where i was born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Presumably you don’t trust the decision either as you have stated you think Levein should be removed?

 

I trust she will sack him if/ when the time is right.

 

Not just sacking him because the pitchforks are out.

 

She is more intelligent, has more information, and has more foresight than me so I trust her with the club almost 100%.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I trust she will sack him if/ when the time is right.

 

Not just sacking him because the pitchforks are out.

 

She is more intelligent, has more information, and has more foresight than me so I trust her with the club almost 100%.

 

 

 

 

When will the time be right? When we are relegated? 

She might be more intelligent but not on how to run a successful football team. 

I realise the futility of arguing with someone who is only on here for the sole purpose of winding the actual fans up but hey ho..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I trust she will sack him if/ when the time is right.

 

Not just sacking him because the pitchforks are out.

 

She is more intelligent, has more information, and has more foresight than me so I trust her with the club almost 100%.

 

 

 

 

More information?Lets not make out like this some mad off the cuff witch hunt.This is years of mismanagement,years of soulless,effortless football,years of players coming and going.

 

I always remember when we first when into administration the administrators saying Hearts should be a club that supporters had fun with,taken on an adventure.Were boring,were stale,were disjointed,the relationship between the club and the board has completely broken down,it would seem her foresight is not that great 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

When will the time be right? When we are relegated? 

She might be more intelligent but not on how to run a successful football team. 

I realise the futility of arguing with someone who is only on here for the sole purpose of winding the actual fans up but hey ho..

 

Really, not successful?

 

She taken over a husk of a football club,  where we are now compared to then.

 

You are coming across  very short sighted  and you must also have a short memory.

 

She is far more visionary , intelligent, balanced, competent and successful than the average football fan, so I'll trust her more than your average punter who by nature is more  emotional and short sighted.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...