TIME TO BOYCOTT MATCH

dellboy1971

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I am not going to turn this into word games. I did not call her ignorant. I said she is ignoring the wishes of the fans another way to put it is she is disregarding the wishes of the fans. If you look up the meaning of ignore you will find I’ve used it appropriately. 

She just disagrees imo. 

We think, or some think sacking CL will improve things. 

She has confidence that he will do the Job.

Fans are best ignored imo, if we listened to fans all the time we'd still be chucking bannanas and singing Edinburgh is wonderful and tommeh would be a vip. 

She thinks, rightly or wrongly CL is the person to turn it around. 

The fans also wanted Robbie gone. 

Aye, let's do exactly what the fans want, all the time. 

Terrible argument imo. 

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Boab

• soonbe110

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

She just disagrees imo. 

Fans are best ignored imo, if we listened to fans all the time we'd still be chucking bannanas and singing Edinburgh is wonderful and tommeh would be a vip. 

Terrible argument imo. 

Being honest things can hardly get any worse. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

She just disagrees imo. 

Terrible argument imo. 

I never said listen to the fans all the time. Your fourth paragraph tells its own tale. Using the worst section of our support as if they’re the only people who want change shows how you’d like it to be. There are more than a few neds demanding change and the number will grow after each shitshow of a game. 

Time will tell where  not listening to the fans will get her.

Be interesting to revisit this in 5-6 weeks.

Back to 2005
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

She just disagrees imo. 

Terrible argument imo. 

I don't think the majority of fans chucked bananas or sang Edinburgh is wonderful. Not sure why would need to use that as an argument? Maybe you have your reasons?

Just now, CJGJ said:

Those who boycott are either Hibs fans or weak willed...simple as that

No discussion needed

It’s not as simple as that. You just don’t agree with it and want to dismiss it.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not as simple as that. You just don’t agree with it and want to dismiss it.

It is that simple,,you just want to dismiss the truth

Demonstrations I can understand boycotts are simply wrong

They simply hit the club in the wrong way when support is needed

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We not ignorant? 

I jest. 

You care about the club, we are all just a bit unhappy. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I agree, but understand folk are angry. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We not ignorant? 

I jest. 

You care about the club, we are all just a bit unhappy. 

Exactly right. Everybody recognises there is a problem. The current debate seems to be what, if anything, the fans should be doing about it. I’m of the mind most things (legal of course) are worth a try because we are so bad there is little to lose.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Hundreds, if not thousands, are already doing their own unofficial boycotts by deciding not to attend games.  I appreciate many are season ticket holders which doesn’t hit the club in the pocket but the loss of many normal walk up fans is hitting the club financially.  CL remaining on the job is hitting the club financially.

Personally, I would favour a demonstration over a boycott but I wouldn’t criticise anyone who choses the latter.  At the end of the day, it’s up to people how they spend their own money.  Football is supposed to be in the entertainment business and if folk are getting zero entertainment then some will look elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Its not that simple. There will be genuine concerned hearts fans proposing a boycott. Calling them hibs fans or weak willed is just name calling for the sake of it and (as you well know) is inaccurate.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I don't think the majority of fans chucked bananas or sang Edinburgh is wonderful. Not sure why would need to use that as an argument? Maybe you have your reasons?

Mate.... 

The majority of fans definitely sung certain songs. 

The majority never threw bananas, but in the 80's folk were happy to laugh and go along with it. 

Not so long ago we called a whole support gay( and it was mean't as an Insult) , the majority sung that. 

I used these to show that fans are not always right and not always best listened too. 

This is different, but my point stands. Fans are not always right in thier decisions or sentiments and our hierarchy do not need to pander to them on every turn. 

It would be a disaster if they did imo. 

Not a boycott from me but just a realisation that I’d rather not pay large amounts of money doing something I’ll regret at 4:45 pm.

there'll be no more £34’s coming from me while Craig Levein is manager.

36C1B9E9-77AE-408C-8FE7-C47564E15B09.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly right. Everybody recognises there is a problem. The current debate seems to be what, if anything, the fans should be doing about it. I’m of the mind most things (legal of course) are worth a try because we are so bad there is little to lose.

I support the team through good and bad times. 

During the match day I want us to win and will support us. 

That's what I think a supporter is, I'm not a customer of Hearts, I'm not going to leave them and follow rangers because their product is better. 

I'm a Hearts fan and go to games when I can. 

Boycotting is not for me. 

If folk only want to go when we are playing well, that's fine. If folk want to participate in an official boycott, that is fine. 

My concern is that those Boycotting might turn on those going in on time. 

It could turn nasty. 

Look at it on here because folk are half sticking up for us and saying support the team. (not you) 

I'd also not boycott a game v hibs, or the of. If anything I'm more Hearts and a happy clapper on those days. 🙄

baron of ness

Please do not boycott the team.

I don't think Hearts fan's have ever turned there back on the team.

We are not vermin or old firm.

We are HEARTS gorgie rule.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's what I think a supporter is, I'm not a customer of Hearts, I'm not going to leave them and follow rangers because their product is better. 

If folk only want to go when we are playing well, that's fine. If folk want to participate in an official boycott, that is fine. 

It could turn nasty. 

Look at it on here because folk are half sticking up for us and saying support the team. (not you) 

I'd also not boycott a game v hibs, or the of. If anything I'm more Hearts and a happy clapper on those days. 🙄

I totally understand yours and others opposition to a boycott. I doubt whether it could ever be organised properly in any case. As I’ve probably said, the situation is so bad I’m probably up for just about anything legal that could help hasten levein’s departure. Apathy and inaction are a bigger threat to the remainder of our season than protests imo.

10 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Please do not boycott the team.

I don't think Hearts fan's have ever turned there back on the team.

We are not vermin or old firm.

We are HEARTS gorgie rule.

Hearts fans have definitely turned their back on the team. When I was young in the early 80’s my uncle used to take me and the ground would often be quite empty with very poor crowds.

5 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

This poster is in serious decline....

btw Ann Budge not Anne,thought you would have known that by now ffs

:facepalm: 

DIsappointed in myself at that one, care to elaborate on the serious decline part? Can't just be because I disagree with you so what is it?

13 minutes ago, Serge said:

Not a boycott from me but just a realisation that I’d rather not pay large amounts of money doing something I’ll regret at 4:45 pm.

You can get a ticket for £23. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

She's not ignoring, she doesn't agree that sacking CL is the best thing. 

That's not ignorance. 

Ignorance would be saying everything is fine and everyone is happy. 

She's seen the protest, she's seen our form, she just thinks it will get better under Craig. 

Even this simple discussion highlights the dangers of fans having a direct input into the club imo. 

Disagreement does not automatically equal ignorance. 

In fact, if you have that opinion of her, then you could be seen as ignorant. Ignorant in ignoring the meaning of ignorance in order to push your agenda of saying someone else is ignorant because they simply don't agree with you..... 🙄

I don't agree with her now, but she's not ignorant on this matter. 

Gonnae stop saying that fan ownership gives you the fear.

Its utter shite and trying to use the FOH as a bad idea is shite.

You seem to think theres harsh treatment by the fans about the last years results towards the lack of action.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It could turn nasty. 

When you have someone like Levein who is overseeing the results and hasn't been sacked then the support has to take drastic action.

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I wasn't going to boycott but since the OP put the thread title in upper case i'm doubting myself.

What do we do then because Levein needs emptied or do you disagree?

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

She's not ignoring us, she just doesn't agree. 

That's what folk are not getting amongst all this. 

Hey!!  I'm getting it.

been here before
28 minutes ago, Serge said:

Next time buy a cheaper seat.

Mind and post a picture of that too.

been here before
19 minutes ago, jake said:

We just keep posting the same shite online week in week out then every now and again start a protest thread (caps optional) where we expect everone else to do something, say what should be done but dont really do anything about it ourselves. Same posters on the same threads all full of wind and pish.

Its groundhog day, every day and its boring as ****.

In the meantime Ill keep heading to the games.

Edited by been here before

I'm going to the semi.

But I'm not going back to Tynecastle until this mess is dealt with.

And here is the last 12 months mess league wise

P     W    D     L      F      A         PTS

39   9      8     22   32     65       35.

I'm doing something been here before.Its nothing much .

Club wont lose money.

It's a disgrace hes still in the job.

Edited by jake

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It could turn nasty. 

The only person I see getting abusive is Noah Claypole.

soon as you disagree he puts the dummy out.

wouldnt last 5 mins in a pub discussion!

luckily for him it’s the internet.

Just now, been here before said:

We just keep posting the same shite online week in week out then every now and again start a protest thread (caps optional) where we expect everone else to do something, say what should be done but dont really do anything about it ourselves.

In the meantime Ill keep heading to the games.

Yep, and there  will be another Levein in or out poll along shortly. Been about ten days since we had one. It’s tedious stuff. Why can’t people realise that the owner of the club makes the decisions along with her Board. She/they have made a decision, no management change at this time, so people just need to live with it. Protests are pointless, mob rule never wins, boycotts might have an effect but not really until next summer other than a lack of support for the team. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, and there  will be another Levein in or out poll along shortly. Been about ten days since we had one. It’s tedious stuff. Why can’t people realise that the owner of the club makes the decisions along with her Board. She/they have made a decision, no management change at this time, so people just need to live with it. Protests are pointless, mob rule never wins, boycotts might have an effect but not really until next summer other than a lack of support for the team. 

Yes they’ve made their decision but people don’t need to agree with it, do you think it’s the correct decision to keep him on as manager?

28 minutes ago, ayeken said:

You can get a ticket for £23. 

Not for the sevco game you won’t.

Cheapest seat is £32 for that game. That’s if you are buying in person. Online and “ fees “ and it’s £34.10.

” Another beer from the fridge, darling, game’s about to start ! “

😎

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pressure can be put on the owner by protests as has been demonstrated dozens of times all over the world by various groups of fans. You just saying they are pointless is hardly a convincing argument. 

annushorribilis III
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Well, it looks like people aren't going to live with it and it's going to get very ugly unless CL performs a miracle over the next few games and starts winning matches. 

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Well, it looks like people aren't going to live with it and it's going to get very ugly unless CL performs a miracle over the next few games and starts winning matches. 

Hearts winning matches is always a good outcome from my perspective. 

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pressure can be put on the owner by protests as has been demonstrated dozens of times all over the world by various groups of fans. You just saying they are pointless is hardly a convincing argument. 

Correct.  Protests have worked in the past and protests will work in the future.  Maybe not all the time, but they do work.  Clubs can’t afford to lose their fans.  Surely it’s better than a meek surrender and acceptance of the shite we’ve suffered for the last year and more?  

There’s folk on here happy to sit and do nothing, yet criticising and name calling their fellow fans for being positive and coming up with ideas to improve things for the better for the club they claim to love.  Weirdos or trolls or vermin?  I’m not sure, probably a bit of all 3.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mate.... 

The majority of fans definitely sung certain songs. 

The majority never threw bananas, but in the 80's folk were happy to laugh and go along with it. 

Not so long ago we called a whole support gay( and it was mean't as an Insult) , the majority sung that. 

I used these to show that fans are not always right and not always best listened too. 

This is different, but my point stands. Fans are not always right in thier decisions or sentiments and our hierarchy do not need to pander to them on every turn. 

It would be a disaster if they did imo. 

I walked out at 4.15 on Saturday.  The pub was already full. 

You cant fool all of the people all of the time. No other business would ignore 98% of its clientele like Mrs Budge is and expect to prosper.

We are talking a woman who by her own omission knows nothing about the game...

If it continues it may well turn nasty. Most people that go to football are passionate about their club and may well be pushed over the edge by this.

The keyboard fans like yourself may struggle to comprehend this but that is the way it is despite Mrs Mrs Budge and her happy clappy ideals.

13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yes they’ve made their decision but people don’t need to agree with it, do you think it’s the correct decision to keep him on as manager?

My call at the end of last season was that he gets  the first round of games this season to show improvement. Not there yet but no sign of improvement in terms of performance and results. I do think he signed a lot of excellent players in the summer, unfortunately few of them have been fit enough to play so far. So I’m in two minds, performances and results so far def should mean his removal but when his new players are fit, will results and performances be the opposite of this season so far?  I can understand fans wanting him gone and I can understand Budge thinking she gave him a lot of financial support with his signings so let’s give him a chance when they are all fit and playing. It’s a tough call to be honest ( if you are Budge) 

6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

So it’s nothing to do with Levein it’s really just about winning? If the next manager loses his first five games do we have another protest? And so on and so on. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

My call at the end of last season was that he gets  the first round of games this season to show improvement. Not there yet but no sign of improvement in terms of performance and results. I do think he signed a lot of excellent players in the summer, unfortunately few of them have been fit enough to play so far. So I’m in two minds, performances and results so far def should mean his removal but when his new players are fit, will results and performances be the opposite of this season so far?  I can understand fans wanting him gone and I can understand Budge thinking she gave him a lot of financial support with his signings so let’s give him a chance when they are all fit and playing. It’s a tough call to be honest ( if you are Budge) 

Thanks for your honest reply.

He has had his chance for me, I wanted rid of him a bit before the cup final last season, I felt any chance we had of winning was to get someone else in.

when he got that game I hoped it was his last but we keep stumbling along with him at the helm.

my opinion is he’s lost the dressing room now.

tell me something though, if you were Craig Levein and you had that outburst post match slating your players work ethos and desire.

would you have stood and shook their hands as they left the pitch?

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So it’s nothing to do with Levein it’s really just about winning? If the next manager loses his first five games do we have another protest? And so on and so on. 

Come on Leveins had more than enough time to sort us out.

he doesn’t know his best formation after all this time in charge.

did we shout for his removal after 5 games, or cathro? Or Robbie?

be serious.

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Come on Leveins had more than enough time to sort us out.

he doesn’t know his best formation after all this time in charge.

did we shout for his removal after 5 games, or cathro? Or Robbie?

be serious.

His devotees still have a complete mental block and insist it's only 5 games. Jesus fecking wept.

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No.

And  its 12 months we are talking about not 5 games ffs

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

His devotees still have a complete mental block and insist it's only 5 games. Jesus fecking wept.

Its beyond belief .

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

It’s more like 55 games!!

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

It’s more like 55 games!!

Finishing 6th is failure for a team with the 3rd highest player bill in the country. Craig has failed the last 2 seasons and is continuing the trend this season. 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Thanks for your honest reply.

He has had his chance for me, I wanted rid of him a bit before the cup final last season, I felt any chance we had of winning was to get someone else in.

when he got that game I hoped it was his last but we keep stumbling along with him at the helm.

my opinion is he’s lost the dressing room now.

tell me something though, if you were Craig Levein and you had that outburst post match slating your players work ethos and desire.

would you have stood and shook their hands as they left the pitch?

What Levein says and what Levein does rarely matches up nowadays.

I wanted him gone well before the cup final and only the performance then allowed him longer with some fans(not me!).

Rangers will batter us and the atmosphere will be horrendous, Craig and Ann have done that.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Finishing 6th is failure for a team with the 3rd highest player bill in the country. Craig has failed the last 2 seasons and is continuing the trend this season. 

Correct but we aren’t being fair judging him on this season! He needs more time!!!!

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct but we aren’t being fair judging him on this season! He needs more time!!!!

Top six is looking like a good season !

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I walked out at 4.15 on Saturday.  The pub was already full. 

You cant fool all of the people all of the time. No other business would ignore 98% of its clientele like Mrs Budge is and expect to prosper.

We are talking a woman who by her own omission knows nothing about the game...

If it continues it may well turn nasty. Most people that go to football are passionate about their club and may well be pushed over the edge by this.

The keyboard fans like yourself may struggle to comprehend this but that is the way it is despite Mrs Mrs Budge and her happy clappy ideals.

Point missed completely.

Sigh.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What Levein says and what Levein does rarely matches up nowadays.

I wanted him gone well before the cup final and only the performance then allowed him longer with some fans(not me!).

Rangers will batter us and the atmosphere will be horrendous, Craig and Ann have done that.

Couldn’t agree more.

those scumbags will swagger in, tear us apart.

their fans will sing their shit.

then the apologists on here will tell us to look on the bright side as rangers are top of the league it was always a big ask, Levein will get it right next week.

we had 45 percent possession and managed 8 long throws from smith.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jake said:

Gonnae stop saying that fan ownership gives you the fear.

Its utter shite and trying to use the FOH as a bad idea is shite.

You seem to think theres harsh treatment by the fans about the last years results towards the lack of action.

When you have someone like Levein who is overseeing the results and hasn't been sacked then the support has to take drastic action.

1st point. 

Robbie? 

Fan or mob rule should not dictate decisions at the top. 

Most fans are emotional, short sighted and many tbh have their own agenda's and priorities . 

2nd point 

Imo, the fans should get behind team on match day. Protest after. 

She should sack him because she thinks it's the best thing, not because of mob rule. 

3rd point 

Protest after the game. 

Protest before the game 

Boo at full time. 

Tbh, fling your own faeces at the glass on the main stand, I don't care, it's not during the match. 

4th point 

I think he needs to go. 

Me, as a supporter I'll support the team through bad and good times. 

Mental, eh?