TIME TO BOYCOTT MATCH

dellboy1971

11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

This thread is a new low for Kickback. 

Budge is quite right to treat you "real" fans like children.

You're doing well to last on here  

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Boab

• soonbe110

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Here's a mad notion, turn up, create an atmosphere, cheer the boys on, and if we get beat, just go home or to the pub.

Doubt it will catch on mind.

Shine on you crazy diamond 

MR INCREDIBLE
30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm not a boycotter but think a symbolic back turn or similar would be more effective, particularly during a televised game.

Turning your back from watching what's on the pitch gets my vote. 

26 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I've seen these threads pop up a few times over recent years when managers are doing shit and they are often received the same way.

It makes me think, is there a point where you would consider a boycott? 

Even if you were opposed to the idea, would you ever say enough is enough or do you genuinely believe you always support the team no matter what?

I've never advocated doing so and I'm not sure if I would  (I'd have a bloody cheek, I don't turn up most weeks anyway)

I'm not advocating a boycott now but is there a breaking point and you just don't think we have reached it yet, or are you fundamentally opposed to it in principle and would never contemplate it no matter how bad things got.

Not for me I'm afraid.

I'm quite happy to boo everybody at the club and stamp my feet and scream until someone does what I want them to do, I can then claim that they only did it due to my protest.

works every time.

3 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Turning your back from watching what's on the pitch gets my vote. 

As long as there's nothing exciting happening like a penalty or a red card, amarite?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Dirty protest or GTF.

That's a party? 

4 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

The only people being hurt by any boycott are season ticket holders who have paid up front!!!!

Boycotts may work and we get a new manager, but if any new manager sees empty stands, why would they want to come????

Because they would have the confidence in their ability to play the type of football, and get the results required,  that would fill the seats?

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

This thread saddens me. No matter what your thoughts are on boycotting we have some total zoomers in our midst.

We really have !

The OP is just suggesting a way that the fans can get their point across. 

Instead people are trying to outdo each other with the wisecracks. 

I don't see what's to laugh about with the current situation.

What I think a good idea would be is for FOH to ask to take Ann's remaining shares immediately. 

FOH could then run an appeal to pay Ann back early.  I know people are already putting plenty in to the pot but it would be a way for Ann and Craig to get out with some dignity because this situation is going to get worse if the status quo remains.

Ann must be fed up with the whole situation now and although she has been too loyal to CL she doesn't deserve all the flak after all she has done for Hearts.

I suppose my idea will be mocked as well in true JKB fashion 😕

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We really have !

What I think a good idea would be is for FOH to ask to take Ann's remaining shares immediately. 

FOH could then run an appeal to pay Ann back early.  I know people are already putting plenty in to the pot but it would be a way for Ann and Craig to get out with some dignity because this situation is going to get worse if the status quo remains.

Ann must be fed up with the whole situation now and although she has been too loyal to CL she doesn't deserve all the flak after all she has done for Hearts.

Edit: Should really have aimed this at the op.

Go on then I'll have a go.

Is this how you think it will go?

Anne "where are all the supporters"

Someone else "they are boycotting the game to let you know they are not happy"

Anne "Not happy? I didn't know that. We must do what they want immediately"

Seriously - She kens. She just doesn't agree with you.

Edited by graygo

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Ah, just realised it was you who was on that thread, mate. Apologies, you are spot on. The 7K at the basketball Semi was quickly brushed under the carpet !

Not happy about this shit mind. We should be bouncing around the country with a big support. Games going straight to general sale, like St Mirren, with a 1200 allocation, tells us where we are right now.

Don't exaggerate Boab .

If you had been at the match you would have heard the tanoy announcement of 1400 away fans.

That will be the biggest away league support for a while if things are allowed to drift on .

Boycott or not I don't think Levein will be gone until after the League Cup semi final. IF , by some miracle, we win that he will be here until after the final. By the semi-final we could well be bottom of the league. 

Saturday was the second time I've used my £500 season ticket, I'm currently 50/50 regarding the huns game. Missing the game would have no financial impact on Hearts but why should the fans bother when the players don't seem to? to paraphrase Levein in his latest post match interview.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

We really have !

Are you really suggesting Budge isn't aware of our terrible form? 

Maybe if some fans hadn't been protesting, moaning and booing Neilson, Levein, Cathro and various players basically since we got promoted, fan views on on-pitch related things might have be taken more seriously earlier. She's well within her right to believe that no matter what she does some Hearts fans will never be happy, and any new manager might only get a few months from some of our support before the booing starts again. So it's very possible that she's just battening down the hatches and trying to ride it out, as either way she knows Hearts fans are going to moan about something.

I actually despair of some of our support. If the new man comes in and doesn't make an instant impression, does that mean we go through this whole thing again? I appreciate Levein has been in charge over 2 years and hasn't done well overall, but Neilson got pelters from some for winning the championship and getting us 3rd in his first two seasons! So what hope for anyone else unless they win every derby, have a cup run every year, finish in Europe every year, and play amazing attacking football...

Edited by ToqueJambo

Instead if boycotting why not have something like a full minute standing in COMLETE SILENCE no matter what happens on the pitch followed by a continuous rendition of 'we shall not be moved' . It could be in the 4th minute of the Rangers game, Craig Levin's old shirt number when he played himself.

Of course something like this relays on every single Hearts fan at the game feeling the same that Leveins time is up.

4 hours ago, brux said:

Of course something like this relays on every single Hearts fan at the game feeling the same that Leveins time is up.

...and be willing to protest during a match. 

TyphoonJambo
10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That will really help the players in the game. 

We haven't been doing that for a while. 

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Don't exaggerate Boab .

If you had been at the match you would have heard the tanoy announcement of 1400 away fans.

That will be the biggest away league support for a while if things are allowed to drift on .

Oh, I was there, mate. Unlike a lot bumping their gums on here on a daily fashion. I’d had a few pints so don’t recall the announcement. My only point was a game like that would have been LPs before general sale had we been doing better. That’s all !

8 hours ago, graygo said:

As long as there's nothing exciting happening like a penalty or a red card, amarite?

Chances of anything exciting happening pretty slim nowadays 

John mcCartney
7 hours ago, graygo said:

This poster is in serious decline....

btw Ann Budge not Anne,thought you would have known that by now ffs

CloustonHMFC

Not one to support a boycott, the team should have our support on matchday, I do think if people want to protest then they should remain to the end of the game and sing something about sacking Levein. It should be left until after the game though. 

CloustonHMFC
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe if some fans hadn't been protesting, moaning and booing Neilson, Levein, Cathro and various players basically since we got promoted, fan views on on-pitch related things might have be taken more seriously earlier. She's well within her right to believe that no matter what she does some Hearts fans will never be happy, and any new manager might only get a few months from some of our support before the booing starts again. So it's very possible that she's just battening down the hatches and trying to ride it out, as either way she knows Hearts fans are going to moan about something.

I actually despair of some of our support. If the new man comes in and doesn't make an instant impression, does that mean we go through this whole thing again? I appreciate Levein has been in charge over 2 years and hasn't done well overall, but Neilson got pelters from some for winning the championship and getting us 3rd in his first two seasons! So what hope for anyone else unless they win every derby, have a cup run every year, finish in Europe every year, and play amazing attacking football...

Good post.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

We haven't been doing that for a while. 

Exactly and there’s some on here who would propose making it worse. 

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Peace man. No need to get physical. To win support and make your point you have to think inside the box. 

Yes, you have to behave like an adult as well if it’s respect you are after. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly and there’s some on here who would propose making it worse. 

It could barely get any worse. God help us if the protest gets in the way of another clueless, gutless performance.

Protests at games isn’t really productive other than it gives some folk the chance to let off steam. Match protests typically end up making fans look stupid and they do nothing to help the team. To be honest I don’t care who is chairman, manager whatever as long as the team is winning. To do anything to negatively impact the teams performance during a game is counter productive. Bit silly too.  Easter Road a couple of weeks ago, go one down, singing along with Hibs fans to get Levein sacked. 30 mins later celebrating like we had won the cup. Just silly really. Gives the impression that the protests were not really serious just happened because we were losing. 

If people want to protest best way to let Budge know you are not happy is just don’t attend home games. If the number of empty seats continues to grow she will see the scale of the issue. 

Tokyo Drifter
14 hours ago, Sherbet said:

As the majority of fans have season tickets queen ann wont give a stuff as she has our money. The only effect will be empty seats. Best to boycott the semi where the empty seats will be an embarrassment also the financial impact will.not only affect us but also hibs celtic and rangers as the gate money is pooled

I think there'll be a lot of empty seats at the semi and it won't have anything to do with a boycott.

16 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I think there'll be a lot of empty seats at the semi and it won't have anything to do with a boycott.

There will be very few empty seats at semi unless Hearts fans buy them and then don’t turn up. The way the ticketing has been organised means any we don’t take Rangers will get. Full house in all probability, just the split that’s in doubt 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There will be very few empty seats at semi unless Hearts fans buy them and then don’t turn up. The way the ticketing has been organised means any we don’t take Rangers will get. Full house in all probability, just the split that’s in doubt 

Given their current form I imagine they will have plenty demand for extra seats, unfortunately. 

WheatfieldWarrior
45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given their current form I imagine they will have plenty demand for extra seats, unfortunately. 

We can probably expect to see more than a few Rangers fans in the home end on top of their allocation as well.

16 hours ago, dellboy1971 said:
  Hide contents

Time is right to start boycotting the game no better game than Rangers game at home live on TV

my suggestion should be stand outside main stand until 15 to 20 minutes gone then walk in no bigger statement than that live on TV

You do that.

oh ah grantona

12000 bog rolls on the pitch once kick off has been signalled followed by anti Levein song 

Then get behind players 

Win lose or draw mass protest on plaza 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, oh ah grantona said:

12000 bog rolls on the pitch once kick off has been signalled followed by anti Levein song 

Then get behind players 

Win lose or draw mass protest on plaza 

This!!!!!why would anybody want to boycott a game,I go week in week out despite wanting Levein gone and fresh younger management in place.

100% needs to be action but not abandoning the club.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, graygo said:

100% this. 

She will not bow to mob rule and neither she should. 

She knows we're are poor and our form is poor. 

This will not be news to her. 

She will also know the fans have turned on CL. 

The difference is she thinks due to new signings, Injuries returning we will get better and does not think replacing CL will help atm. 

She could be wrong but that's her opinion. 

Boycotting the match will change nothing, just have a negative effect on the team. 

She knows we are unhappy, just disagrees on how to fix it, for the time being. 

16 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stink bomb as a symbolic gesture? 

Easier to sneak in as well, just be careful they don't break in your pocket. 

With an end full of TheRangers fans would anyone notice?

I have a wedding in Fraserburgh the night before so likely to miss this,thankfully 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% this. 

She will not bow to mob rule and neither she should. 

She knows we're are poor and our form is poor. 

This will not be news to her. 

She will also know the fans have turned on CL. 

The difference is she thinks due to new signings, Injuries returning we will get better and does not think replacing CL will help atm. 

She could be wrong but that's her opinion. 

Boycotting the match will change nothing, just have a negative effect on the team. 

She knows we are unhappy, just disagrees on how to fix it, for the time being. 

It’s not mob rule it’s fan pressure. Like many a chairman of a football club has found out - ignore the fans at your peril. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good Post. 

Same posters on here as well. 

They don't even see it. 

Moan, moan. 

Several posters on here actually said they'd take cup runs over league position as well. 

I remember that thread. 

Any new man coming in would have to get of to a flyer, and with our injuries I couldn't see that happening. 

If a new man came in now, rangers could still hammer us at home and we could easily lose the sf. 

Where would that leave him? 

That is my biggest concern about change now. 

Certain folk would be raging already. 

Robbie got no slack for a defeat of hibs and had a history with us and a very good mgt record with us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

With an end full of TheRangers fans would anyone notice?

I have a wedding in Fraserburgh the night before so likely to miss this,thankfully 

👍

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not mob rule it’s fan pressure. Like many a chairman of a football club has found out - ignore the fans at your peril. 

She's not ignoring us, she just doesn't agree. 

That's what folk are not getting amongst all this. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

She's not ignoring us, she just doesn't agree. 

That's what folk are not getting amongst all this. 

She is ignoring the wishes of the fans. It doesn’t matter what folk get or how they interpret the situation. Once the protests start in earnest they’ll continue until he gets sacked and will turn very ugly indeed. Ann Budge owns the football club but it’s not all about her. If a football club is not for the fans who is it for?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

She is ignoring the wishes of the fans. It doesn’t matter what folk get or how they interpret the situation. Once the protests start in earnest they’ll continue until he gets sacked and will turn very ugly indeed. Ann Budge owns the football club but it’s not all about her. If a football club is not for the fans who is it for?

She's not ignoring, she doesn't agree that sacking CL is the best thing. 

That's not ignorance. 

Ignorance would be saying everything is fine and everyone is happy. 

She's seen the protest, she's seen our form, she just thinks it will get better under Craig. 

Even this simple discussion highlights the dangers of fans having a direct input into the club imo. 

Disagreement does not automatically equal ignorance. 

In fact, if you have that opinion of her, then you could be seen as ignorant. Ignorant in ignoring the meaning of ignorance in order to push your agenda of saying someone else is ignorant because they simply don't agree with you..... 🙄

I don't agree with her now, but she's not ignorant on this matter. 

3 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The Kilmarnock shambles at the weekend was my last game till he’s gone.

That’s my boycott.

This for me also.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not ignorance. 

She's seen the protest, she's seen our form, she just thinks it will get better under Craig. 

Even this simple discussion highlights the dangers of fans having a direct input into the club imo. 

In fact, if you have that opinion of her, then you could be seen as ignorant. Ignorant in ignoring the meaning of ignorance in order to push your agenda of saying someone else is ignorant because they simply don't agree with you..... 🙄

I am not going to turn this into word games. I did not call her ignorant. I said she is ignoring the wishes of the fans another way to put it is she is disregarding the wishes of the fans. If you look up the meaning of ignore you will find I’ve used it appropriately. 

portobellojambo1
38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not ignorance. 

Unfortunately some of the things she comes out and says tend to come back and bite her quite hugely on the bum. It isn't that long ago that she said ST sales were holding up and the fans were still spending loads of money so everything was fine, and she added to that by stating, fairly recently, she thought the manager was doing an excellent job. The thing is I'm not convinced she believes the latter but I do think we are in a situation where I think any delay in making  a change has nothing to do with her thoughts on how the manager is actually performing and all to do with personal friendship, a cardinal sin in any business and the main failing in many businesses.

Don't get me wrong, I understand fully why she has been reluctant to come out and say anything, I honestly didn't realise until very recently how low some in the HMFC support had reached. Some of communications emanating from some elements of the support including information placed online is disgusting in the extreme and not the way to go about conversing with anyone or getting a point across. Wishing death on people, including family members, is the lowest of the low.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Fozzyonthefence
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not ignorance. 

If she doesn’t agree that CL, who is clearly incapable of doing the job, needs to be sacked, then she is 100% ignorant / clueless / incompetent.