Austin McPhee

vegas-voss

1 hour ago, Stavropol said:

I've heard from Don Cowie that mcphee is very well liked and respected by the players. I look at our international players who are away (Whelan, Meshino, Smith) and they seem the better ones so would expect mcphee to be the same. O'Neill is a god in Northern Ireland and could get any assistant he wants but has had him sat beside him in the dugout when his team has been very good. Haircut needed tho but last season half our goals were from naismith and the other half from corners & freekicks and levein says he does the penalties which have got us to the semi. something not right tho with on and off the pitch

Who took the credit for the East Fife penalties? 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• i8hibsh

• We_are_the_Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cathro was our of work for a year before he got a job at Wolves when they were promoted.

I found this article that says Macphee wants to be a manager, but also indicates that he’s more of an analyst than a coach.

https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/international/scottish-stats-man-was-mexicos-secret-weapon-in-brazil/

Not defending the guy in any way, nor trying to make-out that he's better than he showed with us*, but it's my understanding that Cathro was quietly working his way through our severance package for a year and - as soon as this was finished - he started employment at Wolves. There is a huge difference between this and being "out of work".

If he'd taken another job in the meantime he'd have lost-out on the compensation from Hearts that he - no doubt - felt was his due.

(*Although I suspect he's fine as a behind-the-scenes, tactics-and training geek, but absolutely not as a head-coach or manager...)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I wish I was... Levein told us at the share holder dinner.

:rofl:

He’s honestly turned into David Brent 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Not defending the guy in any way, nor trying to make-out that he's better than he showed with us*, but it's my understanding that Cathro was quietly working his way through our severance package for a year and - as soon as this was finished - he started employment at Wolves. There is a huge difference between this and being "out of work".

If he'd taken another job in the meantime he'd have lost-out on the compensation from Hearts that he - no doubt - felt was his due.

(*Although I suspect he's fine as a behind-the-scenes, tactics-and training geek, but absolutely not as a head-coach or manager...)

Of course that’s how it works, I was hoping they would employ him earlier to be honest for that reason. We have him a 3.5 year contract so it might’ve saved us money? It’s semantics, he wasn’t working. Wolves probably didn’t need him and hired more staff when they were promoted. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Stavropol said:

I've heard from Don Cowie that mcphee is very well liked and respected by the players. I look at our international players who are away (Whelan, Meshino, Smith) and they seem the better ones so would expect mcphee to be the same. O'Neill is a god in Northern Ireland and could get any assistant he wants but has had him sat beside him in the dugout when his team has been very good. Haircut needed tho but last season half our goals were from naismith and the other half from corners & freekicks and levein says he does the penalties which have got us to the semi. something not right tho with on and off the pitch

Could he coach them to take penalties in normal time as we’ve missed more than we scored. Cowie also said Cathro was popular.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You just made that up.

He also said it in the press, he’s quick, 6’3”, good technically blah blah blah (heart of a mouse).