Austin McPhee

vegas-voss

28 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

yep, pretty sure being Irish had nothing to do with the Irish players we've signed like Whelan, Washington, Lafferty, Smith, Dunne (on loan) and possibly Mulraney

Do you think MacPhee is Irish?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• i8hibsh

• We_are_the_Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

yep, pretty sure being Irish had nothing to do with the Irish players we've signed like Whelan, Washington, Lafferty, Smith, Dunne (on loan) and possibly Mulraney

Where do you even start with this? You're all over the place mate.

Jason Dufner

The whole football department needs to go.

We’ve been an utter shambles from managment, medical treatment and scouting and yet there’s absolutely no scrutiny!

We signed 18 players last summer, how many are seriously good enough to play for a good Hearts side? 4 if you’re lucky yet nobody has any questions to answer.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Leave him alone . Things are getting entertaining

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, graygo said:

do you think the Irish players just tipped up out of nowhere and was nothing to do with McPhee............................interesting. .................Oh forgot to add in Keena and Burns.............................Irish connection is probably just a coincidence though

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Levein takes the flak for McPhee, his coaching staff and the players

BECAUSE HE IS IN TOTAL CHARGE!

Agreed mate... It was something I was chatting about a while back. 

I just wondered if it was a Cathro type experiment... only this time it was Austin with Craig appearing to be the front man... Just for a wee bit of protection... 

afanderson33

Could someone work out how many points we've won since MacPhee came to the club? I expect it'll be less than a point per game.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Our set pieces (his work?) last season were one of the few positives. This year less so.

Seems like he knows his stuff and talks a good game, but brass tacks here is that he's been assistant to two managerial failures.

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Our set pieces (his work?) last season were one of the few positives. This year less so.

Seems like he knows his stuff and talks a good game, but brass tacks here is that he's been assistant to two managerial failures.

He talks a good game, but the results say he & the rest of the coaching staff don't have a scooby.

He should've been emptied with Cathro.  The man is made of teflon.

2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

do you think the Irish players just tipped up out of nowhere and was nothing to do with McPhee............................interesting. .................Oh forgot to add in Keena and Burns.............................Irish connection is probably just a coincidence though

You were talking pish and still are.

Do a bit of research on the difference between Northern Ireland (the country that Scotsman Austin McPhee is assistant coach at and the Republic of Ireland (the country that the likes of Aiden Keena, Glenn Whelan, Jimmy Dunne and Jake Mulraney come from) and then tell us how Austin Mcphee has any sort of influence over where they play their club football.

To answer your question, No, them signing was absolutely nothing to do with McPhee. To suggest otherwise is just plain stupid.

Edit: For reference, here's your original post.

Capture.JPG

Edited by graygo

Forever Hearts
8 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Are you aware there's a Northern Ireland and a Republic of Ireland football team? 

McPhee was retained to bring in the Northern Ireland connections and some of his contacts fromhis travels as a coach he might not be very good but has contacts.

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

McPhee was retained to bring in the Northern Ireland connections and some of his contacts fromhis travels as a coach he might not be very good but has contacts.

DoF credentials some might say :whistling:

Leveins Battalion

Austin Macphee is excellent  at giving Olly Lee the thumbs up practising corners ,that’s about it though.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Are you aware there's a Northern Ireland and a Republic of Ireland football team? 

news to me 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

news to me 

It sounds like it the way you are banging on about him influencing RoI players to sign for Hearts. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Credit to him for unearthing Kyle Lafferty. I’d never heard of Lafferty before he signed for us and the signing him proved that McPhee has a talent for finding untapped, emerging players.

Makes you wonder if it was also him who plucked Glenn Whelan from the obscurity of Aston Villa. Truly this man’s contacts are incredible.

18 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

How long before the ballboys/girls are told to gtf? Everybody else connected with Hearts has and it's becoming rather tiresome. I want a new manager in, and as soon as possible, but people are using any and every excuse to put the boot into not just CL, which is fair enough, but the club as a whole.

This must be a wet dream for all the trolls/vermin on this forum, and there are many, though most of the posts are, admittedly, from Hearts supporters. 

I know in the current climate this post will be ripped apart, but it's the way I feel. Never did believe in throwing out the baby with the bath water. Rant over and out.

In all seriousness though, every time we lose, there are ball boys.

You cannot deny that.

Just sayin'

19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No point whatsoever in this guy.  Which is quite ironic considering he spends the entire game just pointing at the pitch.

😂

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Credit to him for unearthing Kyle Lafferty. I’d never heard of Lafferty before he signed for us and the signing him proved that McPhee has a talent for finding untapped, emerging players.

Makes you wonder if it was also him who plucked Glenn Whelan from the obscurity of Aston Villa. Truly this man’s contacts are incredible.

Don't forget about Aaron Hughes too. What a find that laddie was.

Macphee using stats to show which players and formations work best against particular opponents is enough for me to want him gone. Our results have been diabolical for a year so he’s clearly either not using the stats properly, or doesn’t actually have a clue how to put a winning team on the park. The one game we looked good was away to Motherwell in the cup. We haven’t replicated these tactics or the formation since. You don’t need to be a statistician to see the flaw here.

sitting near the dugouts, during the game there is an awful lot of instructions passed from mainly levein and mcphee from the bench - including switching players around on the park.

in terms of instructions, I know all teams do this, but on occasion, I do see some of our players receiving the instructions and not (in my opinion) being 100% au fait with those instructions.

I do wish we would impose ourselves on other team and get them changing to handle us instead of the other way round.

would it be a huge surprise if a new manger came in and said "right lads. everyone understands 4-4-2. defenders - just defend, and either put the ball out of play or pass to midfield when able to. Midfield - pass to the wingers or through ball to the strikers. no one lumping it forward even though Uche's up top." rinse and repeat for 5 games with a settled line up. (players will be injured, but replace like for like instead of switching players positions).

its probably what allerdyce used to do when salvaging teams.

The Old Tolbooth
19 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Austin is from Kirkcaldy   :facepalm: 

On another note, I've heard that he's not that well liked (no idea how much truth is in this and it's only what I heard, but the same source told me about Cathro before he was sacked so have no reason to doubt them) by the rest of the players, he's suspected of being a mole in the camp and running back to Budge with everything, but because if his contacts, and Budge's lack of football knowledge, she thinks he's some sort of golden boy for her, when it's clear to see that he's a waste of a wage. 

20 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

His Academy is becoming a conflict of interest according to scouts as well.

What's happened to that American tie up that his academy was involved in?  Are we seeing any benefits from this yet? 

5 hours ago, davie1980 said:

ballboys/girls

No such thing. They are know as Ball Attendants. Yes Ball Attendants. I could say so much more about that title but I’ll leave there........

We_are_the_Hearts
11 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

What's happened to that American tie up that his academy was involved in?  Are we seeing any benefits from this yet? 

Hibs are as likely to see as much benefits apparently!

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hibs are as likely to see as much benefits apparently!

All this Box Soccer type stuff is really starting to 'pay' dividends...

21 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

:rofl:

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

On another note, I've heard that he's not that well liked (no idea how much truth is in this and it's only what I heard, but the same source told me about Cathro before he was sacked so have no reason to doubt them) by the rest of the players, he's suspected of being a mole in the camp and running back to Budge with everything, but because if his contacts, and Budge's lack of football knowledge, she thinks he's some sort of golden boy for her, when it's clear to see that he's a waste of a wage. 

meant to say Irish Coach. Like Cathro he's presumably well regarded and not just at Hearts. When Cathro left I think he went straight to Wolves who seem to be doing ok with him in the background. McPhee was also part of the Mexico 2014 World Cup Finals backroom team before coming to Hearts 

Obviously we're not doing well just now but if he is removed I have no doubt like Cathro, he will pick up a decent job

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Just sack everyone! Sacking folk always works...It's foolproof.

Nah, let's just sack Levein and his staff for failing miserably at their jobs. 

His set piece routines need binned. The amount of times we send defenders up for crosses for corners and free kicks, then waste their energy by trying some utter nonsense, is unreal. 

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

So he's not well liked , Daly is hated and naebody likes Fox . 

That cover it ?

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

So he's not well liked , Daly is hated and naebody likes Fox . 

That cover it ?

No idea about Daly and Fox mate, only going on what I was told about Austin. 

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

No idea about Daly and Fox mate, only going on what I was told about Austin. 

What and how they're being coached is more important than if they like these coaches. I expect, from what I've seen, the what and how is sub standard. You just have to look at other teams play when they appear to have a plan, to see that.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

meant to say Irish Coach. Like Cathro he's presumably well regarded and not just at Hearts. When Cathro left I think he went straight to Wolves who seem to be doing ok with him in the background. McPhee was also part of the Mexico 2014 World Cup Finals backroom team before coming to Hearts 

Obviously we're not doing well just now but if he is removed I have no doubt like Cathro, he will pick up a decent job

Cathro was our of work for a year before he got a job at Wolves when they were promoted.

I found this article that says Macphee wants to be a manager, but also indicates that he’s more of an analyst than a coach.

https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/international/scottish-stats-man-was-mexicos-secret-weapon-in-brazil/

I posted similar to this about 6 months ago and got absolutely slated for it 

Glad people are seeing some sense 

Apologies accepted 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

I posted similar to this about 6 months ago and got absolutely slated for it 

Glad people are seeing some sense 

Apologies accepted 

The smug face emoji would have been apt for your post there mate :lol: 

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

His computer says Sean Clare is the ultimate footballer.... I think it’s time he upgraded the software.

You just made that up.

19 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I've heard from Don Cowie that mcphee is very well liked and respected by the players. I look at our international players who are away (Whelan, Meshino, Smith) and they seem the better ones so would expect mcphee to be the same. O'Neill is a god in Northern Ireland and could get any assistant he wants but has had him sat beside him in the dugout when his team has been very good. Haircut needed tho but last season half our goals were from naismith and the other half from corners & freekicks and levein says he does the penalties which have got us to the semi. something not right tho with on and off the pitch

I'm sick of hearing how well liked Worzel Gummidge is with players.  This is sport not a personality contest.  I know Mary Poppins does not give the slightest shite about winning football games but it is the be all and end all and our results since he came in are ****ing atrocious.