Austin McPhee

vegas-voss

Just how much is he involved in this football project cause he seems fairly hands on on the process of everything at the club and we have been horseshit since he has been here.I may be way off and Levein is still ultimately responsible but to me he seems a large part of the problem.

Quite happy to take some flack here and be proven to be way off just a feeling I have.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• i8hibsh

• We_are_the_Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely a major problem. Him, Daly and Fox take majority of the training sessions. Probably spend the whole time fannying about with fancy set piece moves that have only ever worked once (Killie away is the only one I remember that we scored from). 

Chats a good game but think he is just as clueless as the other clowns in the dugout and should be punted with the rest of them and the board. 

No point whatsoever in this guy.  Which is quite ironic considering he spends the entire game just pointing at the pitch.

We_are_the_Hearts

It's embarrassing watching the stoogies all standing trying to make a decision. Meanwhile the game is raging on and they are looking at stupid bits of paper.

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Definitely a major problem. Him, Daly and Fox take majority of the training sessions. Probably spend the whole time fannying about with fancy set piece moves that have only ever worked once (Killie away is the only one I remember that we scored from). 

Chats a good game but think he is just as clueless as the other clowns in the dugout and should be punted with the rest of them and the board. 

I remember when he came he said his job was to put into simple terms for the players what they wanted from after the feedback from analysis and stuff.

Honestly the guy seems like a good scout as we have signed some decent players but other than that I think he fails at his job.Again I might be well off though.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No point whatsoever in this guy.  Which is quite ironic considering he spends the entire game just pointing at the pitch.

B41A69CB-7906-45EA-94FC-DBF232DA22AA.jpeg.99080f37fd3fdb2e059c87e50dee9a4a.jpeg

McPhee and Perry Kitchen 

Levein, Mcphee and the other dugout duds along with the players should have their worth and success based on one thing and one thing alone.

Results

He is one major failure just like Levein, the other dugout duds and 95% of every single player to disgrace our pitch the past 5 years.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, Jambotommy said:

I have wondered for a long time if Craig is talking the flak for Austin... surely not... 

I have started feeling the same it's another failed experiment that he takes the flack for ( which he should anyway if it's the case )

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How lucky we were that he turned down that top-level opportunity to manage in India

Remember we were told by the club how we pulled of a bit of a coup getting Cathro and MacPhee. Deary me. 

Not convinced by MacPhee being an assistant manager but then it is Levein's master tactics he is having to implement. The style of play we're seeing existed before MacPhee arrived.

I do like MacPhee and he has good contacts in the football world. I've said it a lot but I really think he'd do a good job as DoF. He is also someone Ann knows well so she doesn't have to rely upon Levein to guide her in the football world.

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Remember we were told by the club how we pulled of a bit of a coup getting Cathro and MacPhee. Deary me. 

You misheard, it was getting Cathro and Macphee was a 'cop out'.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Not convinced by MacPhee being an assistant manager but then it is Levein's master tactics he is having to implement. The style of play we're seeing existed before MacPhee arrived.

I do like MacPhee and he has good contacts in the football world. I've said it a lot but I really think he'd do a good job as DoF. He is also someone Ann knows well so she doesn't have to rely upon Levein to guide her in the football world.

Is it though I seem to remember that Austin is in charge of all computer analysis 9n opponent's and to me the tactics are set up purely on this feedback and it's how it's all change from game to game.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

You misheard, it was getting Cathro and Macphee was a 'cop out'.

Exactly. Budgement Day was just Levein pulling the strings. She hasn't got the baws now that it affects Levein. Out her depth

1 minute ago, kila said:

Move MacPhee upstairs, bin any idea of a rigid boot room philosophy around succession planning , replace Levein with a new head coach and let them bring their own backroom staff.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Quite right. Austin knows Judo.

Good to hear he knows something at least.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

How he survived the Cathro debacle I’ll never know. But in saying that, you still get absalute roasters on here who think McPhee should get a shot as head coach. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Move MacPhee upstairs, bin any idea of a rigid boot room philosophy around succession planning , replace Levein with a new head coach and let them bring their own backroom staff.

Move him upstairs? Why? What has he done to deserve another gig.

get rid of the whole ****ing lot of them. Show’s over.

21 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I can’t answer your question but our record since he’s came to the club is nothing short of appalling. 

Exactly this!!

How he survived the Cathro debacle I’ll never know. But in saying that, you still get absalute roasters on here who think McPhee should get a shot as head coach. 

Good at selling the club to Irish players that's about it I think.

Move him upstairs? Why? What has he done to deserve another gig.

get rid of the whole ****ing lot of them. Show’s over.

download.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Got told today and it's not substantiated in any way other than the guy who told me is a Hearts fan and has no reason to lie that John Daly is the most hated man at Riccarton. Didn't have time to ask any more as to why but there you go.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Got told today and it's not substantiated in any way other than the guy who told me is a Hearts fan and has no reason to lie that John Daly is the most hated man at Riccarton. Didn't have time to ask any more as to why but there you go.

:rofl:

Honestly, everything is just making me laugh now. 

Coburg Hearts

How long before the ballboys/girls are told to gtf? Everybody else connected with Hearts has and it's becoming rather tiresome. I want a new manager in, and as soon as possible, but people are using any and every excuse to put the boot into not just CL, which is fair enough, but the club as a whole.

This must be a wet dream for all the trolls/vermin on this forum, and there are many, though most of the posts are, admittedly, from Hearts supporters. 

I know in the current climate this post will be ripped apart, but it's the way I feel. Never did believe in throwing out the baby with the bath water. Rant over and out.

Ron Burgundy

:rofl:

Honestly, everything is just making me laugh now. 

Hearts are a lunatic asylum just now.

The results in the last year are all we can judge the coaching staff on... I don’t need to say any more!

Edited by Rudy T

Coburg Hearts
17 minutes ago, kila said:

Agree with this.

9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I wouldn't say hated but the senior players have zero respect for him and they have made their feelings known for a long time now.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I wouldn't say hated but the senior players have zero respect for him and they have made their feelings known for a long time now.

Like Naisy? :laugh:

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Barack said:

He's just an absolute *****, (think the missing word is obvious) by all accounts. In most aspects professionally & personally.

Nah the missing word has 5 wee stars, obvious has 7 letters.

I reckon it's something else. Something not very nice.

We_are_the_Hearts
11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

A scout told me he got into bother when one of the players from his Academy ended up at Hibs. Never quite caught the full story but it was done vie Hearts time.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Why is he still with N Ireland then?

Who really cares? He’s been part of two total shit shows for us.

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You might say that but i couldn't possibly comment.

😁

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ahem.

Indeed. 

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Why is he still with N Ireland then?

Maybe he has a lesser role for Northern Ireland or maybe he is total faultless here and has just been unfortunate to be involved to in 2 shit shows.

My theory is he has far to much to do with the problem here than just being assistant manager

32 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Exactly. Budgement Day was just Levein pulling the strings. She hasn't got the baws now that it affects Levein. Out her depth

It would be a miracle if she did

53 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Just how much is he involved in this football project cause he seems fairly hands on on the process of everything at the club and we have been horseshit since he has been here.I may be way off and Levein is still ultimately responsible but to me he seems a large part of the problem.

Quite happy to take some flack here and be proven to be way off just a feeling I have.

Boston.

Who knows how much influence he has or what is role is compared to his role at Northern Ireland but one thing i do know....

When Naismith was negotiating his deal one of the demands he had was an assurance that non of the coaches would be next in line for the head coach job when Levein goes.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Who knows how much influence he has or what is role is compared to his role at Northern Ireland but one thing i do know....

When Naismith was negotiating his deal one of the demands he had was an assurance that non of the coaches would be next in line for the head coach job when Levein goes.

Isn't that because he wants it?

Imagine the seethe on here if Levein sacks his coaching staff, promotes Kirk & Gary Naismith to first team coaches but he stays on as head coach. 😂 Michael Stewart would self combust on Sportscene . 

MacPhee doesn't seem to bring anything during match days. Him and Daly just sit side by side looking miserable as **** whilst Levein, standing turns round constantly with arms out and the expression of WTF, as pass after pass goes astray...