It is What it is

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/individuals-need-to-step-up-to-the-plate-steven-maclean-has-say-on-hearts-flat-display-1-5018672

According to Steven Maclean playing at Tynecastle is what it is. 

I hate this lazy thinking. 

The ****ing weather is what it is. No control.

It is within the power of any player pulling on the Maroon to go out there and do us proud

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Players need help with motivation and be given sound tactical instruction. Until we have a competent manager in charge I'll refrain from blaming the players.

Jean Louis Valois

These Players don’t know how lucky they are to play their home matches at a stadium like Tynecastle. Need to take a look at themselves.

I said this on another thread.  I find it quite embarrassing that he’s only two months older than Defoe.  He looks like a ****ing pensioner in comparison.  

I suppose he's been used to empty stands and little or no pressure/expectation.

Any player with any self respect would say, 'we're all professional and it goes with the territory. It's up to us  as players to change it'. 

This must be his last year, surely. Anyone confirm?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Got slated for saying this but he’s one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen play for us. Can not control the ****ing ball.

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/individuals-need-to-step-up-to-the-plate-steven-maclean-has-say-on-hearts-flat-display-1-5018672

It is within the power of any player pulling on the Maroon to go out there and do us proud

He should hang his head in shame with that comment. But it just goes to show what a spineless bunch we have on our hands. 

Not all of them obviously, and I definitely don't include Naismith, Haring and Uche in that assessment. They always bust a gut.

Reading between the lines, he’s suggesting that playing at Tynecastle is difficult because of the fans. Which is a ****ing disgraceful thing to imply. (Not that it has stopped some of the more disreputable posters on here doing exactly the same over the last few seasons.)

Lazy ****ers like SM are lucky they don’t play their football in a country where crowds are less patient, forgiving and tolerant than we are. Because they’d have been torn limb from limb by now.

Just now, leginten said:

Reading between the lines, he’s suggesting that playing at Tynecastle is difficult because of the fans. Which is a ****ing disgraceful thing to imply. (Not that it has stopped some of the more disreputable posters on here doing exactly the same over the last few seasons.)

Lazy ****ers like SM are lucky they don’t play their football in a country where crowds are less patient, forgiving and tolerant than we are. Because they’d have been torn limb from limb by now.

If he can't handle the pressure he can always foxtrot oscar...

We pay a lot of money, which goes towards giving these guys a comfortable lifestyle. It's absolutely not the fans fault in any way shape or form.

Don't see anything wrong with what he says. The comment referred to above is in terms of the situation is what it is I.e  you can't change what has already happened.

A_A wehatethehibs

Anyone remember back when we signed him? He was our first signing that summer :lol: “bizarre signing”. “Experienced back up for Lafferty though, good sub to bring on” “looked after himself physically I suppose”... and then we sold Lafferty and didn’t bring anyone in 😂 Maclean is basically the main man for us! He’s probably ended up playing more games for us in the last year than any other player. 37 year old Steven Maclean. A shocking indictment of the disgracefully bad transfer policy failure of the football department. Really this guy should never in a million years be a Hearts player. 

9 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Don't see anything wrong with what he says. The comment referred to above is in terms of the situation is what it is I.e  you can't change what has already happened.

I'll be honest, I read it as meaning the situation with the fans, as in they couldn't complain at taking a shellacking from the home support, the way they are playing just kow.

He goes on to say, they need to give something back if they want to get the fans onside.

I think the "it is what is is" comment was actually a bit of honesty and self criticism

Nelly Terraces

Shit footballer. Talks shit now it seems.

Another dud who should never have got anywhere near the home dressing room at Tynecastle. 

19 minutes ago, leginten said:

Reading between the lines, he’s suggesting that playing at Tynecastle is difficult because of the fans. Which is a ****ing disgraceful thing to imply.

Thats what i got as well.

The utter contempt that the supporters are treated with has filtered its way right through the club.

14 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We pay a lot of money, which goes towards giving these guys a comfortable lifestyle. It's absolutely not the fans fault in any way shape or form.

The amount of blame that gets put on the fans is ridiculous. Imagine wanting your team to do better eh. Even had someone on here last week blaming the bad atmosphere for all the injuries!

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Anyone remember back when we signed him? He was our first signing that summer :lol: “bizarre signing”. “Experienced back up for Lafferty though, good sub to bring on” “looked after himself physically I suppose”... and then we sold Lafferty and didn’t bring anyone in 😂 Maclean is basically the main man for us! He’s probably ended up playing more games for us in the last year than any other player. 37 year old Steven Maclean. A shocking indictment of the disgracefully bad transfer policy failure of the football department. Really this guy should never in a million years be a Hearts player. 

He isn't the main man for us.

We brought in Uche, Naismith, Washington in since then and have the likes of Keena. Other than a decent start where he looked decent, his game time has been enforced by injury and dips in  form. Christ he can't be the main man when he started on the bench behind bloody Clare today

“We worked on things Thursday and Friday..”

And in a nutshell, there is the problem. We had 6 days between the St Mirren game and the killie game. We didn’t start preparing for the game till two days before the match. It shows. 

I have blanked out whether they have actually played together for us but if they have then it is fair to say MacLean and Wighton is the worst ever pair of Hearts strikers.

MacLean is creating Jamie McAllister levels of seethe within me ... I'd freeze him out for the rest of his contract.

MacLeans talents should by now be getting paraded around Scottish league 2, where he still might manage 5 or 6 goals a season. Only Hearts under Levein could inexplicably pay him possibly the biggest wage of his forgettable career to do sweet fenny adams in the SPL. Christ even Kenny Millar would have been a better option than this duffer.

Edited by Danny Wilde

Chairwoman, manager, coaches and players would do themselves a favour by shutting up and just delivering. The level of delusion and lack of honesty is utterly pathetic and they would do better looking in a mirror. 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Chairwoman, manager, coaches and players would do themselves a favour by shutting up and just delivering. The level of delusion and lack of honesty is utterly pathetic and they would do better looking in a mirror. 

Was it you that said this on another thread too? If so, well done.

They are all so out of touch with the scale and gravity of their failure that they can’t open their mouths without making things worse. Budge’s awful statement and paranoid clarification a couple of weeks ago being a prime example. They need to STFU and start winning football matches.

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

He isn't the main man for us.

We brought in Uche, Naismith, Washington in since then and have the likes of Keena. Other than a decent start where he looked decent, his game time has been enforced by injury and dips in  form. Christ he can't be the main man when he started on the bench behind bloody Clare today

It was sarcasm / cynicism - he’s the main man in the sense that he has played probably the most games. Which is a shambles. He must be getting near or over the 50 game mark. Edit: 43 appearances in maroon.

Uche and Washington, meh. Naismith great if he ever gets fit. Keena - just stop it, people need to stop throwing his name in there. Not a viable option. Our strike force is a bit depressing! 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye, he's not played more due to Naismith, Uche and now Washington being injured. 

Nothing to do with that, at all. 

Gets a lot of hate and should have won us the game in Paisley but honestly don’t think he’s as bad as is made out. Changed the derby in our favour when he came on last season. Obviously can’t dine out on that forever but he isn’t THAT bad. What is clear, is that he shouldn’t play up front by himself and is much better suited to playing with a.n.other.

Have Maclean and Wighton actually ever managed to score a goal for us? It's just so depressing.

Lafferty and Shankland both seem to have been available to us in the summer.  Wouldn't we be at least 50 times better off with them than with this other pair if tossers.

I don’t mind MacLean, he’s not great but he’s not horrendous either. He is however about 87 year old, so not sure what people expected. When he signed, Levein said his legs are goosed and he can’t run. I hardly expected him to find a new lease of life. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

MacLeans talents should by now be getting paraded around Scottish league 2, where he still might manage 5 or 6 goals a season. Only Hearts under Levein could inexplicably pay him possibly the biggest wage of his forgettable career to do sweet fenny adams in the SPL. Christ even Kenny Millar would have been a better option than this duffer.

The useless players never get long term injuries, apart from Wighton.

It should have been ten

Can’t see anything wrong with what he said. He’s admits the team have underperformed and they need to work harder in order to get the fans behind them. Some people love to moan about anything though.

Heart of Moanlothian 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Mort said:

Gets a lot of hate and should have won us the game in Paisley but honestly don’t think he’s as bad as is made out. Changed the derby in our favour when he came on last season. Obviously can’t dine out on that forever but he isn’t THAT bad. What is clear, is that he shouldn’t play up front by himself and is much better suited to playing with a.n.other.

We only drew that derby though. He has decent movement but rarely does anything when he gets the ball. Most of our strikers are better suited to playing with a n other.

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Have Maclean and Wighton actually ever managed to score a goal for us? It's just so depressing.

Lafferty and Shankland both seem to have been available to us in the summer.  Wouldn't we be at least 50 times better off with them than with this other pair if tossers.

Out of the 4 players mentioned in your post you've picked on probably the 2 that are the least tossers.

15 minutes ago, leginten said:

Was it you that said this on another thread too? If so, well done.

They are all so out of touch with the scale and gravity of their failure that they can’t open their mouths without making things worse. Budge’s awful statement and paranoid clarification a couple of weeks ago being a prime example. They need to STFU and start winning football matches.

I have mentioned this in other threads. What I find intriguing is we have all manner of people in posts at the club but the way we engage with the press and fans is so ill judged. 

Any kind of professional would significantly edit the often ridiculous chairwoman's communications for instance. The tone is homespun, often patronising and they are far too long. What I find really annoying though is the amount of puff pieces that appear in the press talking up things the club have done - getting Glenn Whelan for 10 bob a week when Barcelona were in for him, you know exactly what I mean! Like this will make it all better for the poor saps who are having to watch the team currently. It's like the Celtic news in the 80s!

We should be a lot more sussed about how most fans are actually feeling and engage in a more modern fashion. People at the club seem stuck in an impenetrable bubble. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Needs to take a look at himself. He’s ****ing shite.

Absolutely useless striker a waste of space hang up your boots mate 

39 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Absolutely useless striker a waste of space hang up your boots mate 

He doesn’t need to, some genius gave him a two year contract at the biggest club outside Glasgow when he was on the scrap heap being released from farmer ****s.

Howdy Doody Jambo

We've heard all the excuses from player's and management, it's boring they are boring to watch 

McLean and the rest should be playing every game from now on as if was there last 

We will get another hard luck excuse next week from somebody else

No guts at Tynecastle these days 

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Out of the 4 players mentioned in your post you've picked on probably the 2 that are the least tossers.

Probably, but they are goalscoring tossers.  It's not even conjecture in the case of Lafferty.  He's already done it.

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Disintrested rubbish is what it is. Waste of a salary.

5 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

These Players don’t know how lucky they are to play their home matches at a stadium like Tynecastle. Need to take a look at themselves.

In the context of a player playing in Scotland, these players IMHO are actually a disgrace...they want for nothing....our stadium, investment into playing surface, the facilities they have to train and keep themself in top condition, the profile they receive and generally speaking (and without maroon specs on) a platform to showcase their talents and attitude to further their career outwith Scotland if they have the desire or ability....

...and what do we get (since at least when Robbie departed), absolute spineless, pathetic, gutless & transient displays & attitudes, more often than not when they have the privelage of wearing our strip.... 😧😩😠

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Players need help with motivation and be given sound tactical instruction. Until we have a competent manager in charge I'll refrain from blaming the players.

I mentioned on another post the other day..........

I was in the main stand looking down (and right) onto the top of both dugouts and, About 70 minutes in at a Killie substitution, their player ran on the pitch shouting and gesturing to his team mates and, at the same time, 2-3 coaches including their manager were on the touch line doing the same with.  Just off to their right was our dugout, I could see the roof and the line along the pitch and guess what...... not a soul in sight.  You would have thought we were 1-nil up........ useless to a man.

****ing hate that phrase. A phrase of the millennials. A bit like “ whatever “. Get yer finger oot yer arse Maclean. You’re 52. 

Finlay James

I'm not sure why McLean is being singled out for criticism, he's far from our worst offender at the moment.  At least he puts in the effort.  There's also nothing wrong in what he says in this article so I suspect many on this thread haven't actually read what he says but jumped on the wagon.

The players are not the issue however, it's the manager.