40 Years Ago Today

N Lincs Jambo

N Lincs Jambo

My mrs saw something on Twitter today and asked me if I was there. Can’t believe it’s 40 years since I saw the Buzzcocks supported by Joy Division at the Odeon. Any other JKBers there that night and if so what are your memories??

3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

My mrs saw something on Twitter today and asked me if I was there. Can’t believe it’s 40 years since I saw the Buzzcocks supported by Joy Division at the Odeon. Any other JKBers there that night and if so what are your memories??

Wasn't at that one, but have seen the Buzzocks live a couple of times. 

Brilliant band that were underrated imo, just like the Undertones were to an extent. 

Know what you mean about the 40 year thing though. 

Totally scary how quick it has passed when you think about these kind of gigs though. 😕

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

17 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I’d have love to have seen Joy Division

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’d have love to have seen Joy Division

Back in those days support bands were at best tolerated but loads of people were there to see Joy Division as much as to see the Buzzcocks. Great gig but by Christ does it make me feel old now!

That gig is in my top 5 gigs I wish I had been at (given that I was born in 1978 it would have been a challenge).  Thankfully, I saw the Buzzcocks 20 years later at the Venue.