American flees UK to avoid prosecution..Disgrace

CJGJ

The Chief Constable today mentioned more than once how devastated the American woman and her family are. 

Angling perhaps for that being her punishment. Police going to America is partly to see how hard it is for her. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

• Justin Z

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Chief Constable today mentioned more than once how devastated the American woman and her family are. 

Angling perhaps for that being her punishment. Police going to America is partly to see how hard it is for her. 

So she is.

Come back and take responsibility for your actions. 

The Government had the chance to raise an objection to her leaving and only 72 hours later did they do so... AFTER SHE HAD LEFT....if they had done it straight away she may not have been able to leave

We are meant to believe that they are doing their best when clearly they are not

I really don't care about how upset the American is...not too upset though as she left asp

Our police should be looking after the victims family not worrying about the other party

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The Government had the chance to raise an objection to her leaving and only 72 hours later did they do so... AFTER SHE HAD LEFT....if they had done it straight away she may not have been able to leave

We are meant to believe that they are doing their best when clearly they are not

I really don't care about how upset the American is...not too upset though as she left asp

Our police should be looking after the victims family not worrying about the other party

It's America. **** the rest of the world. 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Do you think the American's would have taken the slightest bit of notice if the government or the police had objected.

As the poster above says, it's America, we can do what we want, so feck you lot.

On 22/10/2019 at 16:52, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Do you think the American's would have taken the slightest bit of notice if the government or the police had objected.

As the poster above says, it's America, we can do what we want, so feck you lot.

The whole point is we did not ask until it was too late

The government should have asked then we would know for sure

Despite repeated warnings during phone calls about this very easy thing to do, our daughter done it and paid with her life, I am sure she, and I know we are consoled that the other driver was uninjured. I learned to drive, and was a police trained driver in Edinburgh, but whilst back on vacation done exactly the same thing coming out of a gas station.

This woman is possibly sentencing herself to a life of conscience, where if she faced it and showed some compassion for the family would possibly be forgiven for what may have been a simple act of inattention with no malice aforethought.

Edited by bobsharp

The Dunn's lawyer Radd Seiger has announced that he has instructed lawyers in the US to begin a case for civil damages against Anne Sacoolas, this was pretty much expected, however, and I really hope the family know what they are doing and that they have been advised wisely, because Radd Seiger also said that legal proceedings would also start against the Trump Administration for 'lawless misconduct' & a 'cover up'.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-dunns-family-to-sue-trump-administration-for-lawless-misconduct-and-cover-up-11848247

I fear that they have just poked a hornets nest.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Dunn's lawyer Radd Seiger has announced that he has instructed lawyers in the US to begin a case for civil damages against Anne Sacoolas, this was pretty much expected, however, and I really hope the family know what they are doing and that they have been advised wisely, because Radd Seiger also said that legal proceedings would also start against the Trump Administration for 'lawless misconduct' & a 'cover up'.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-dunns-family-to-sue-trump-administration-for-lawless-misconduct-and-cover-up-11848247

I fear that they have just poked a hornets nest.

Ridiculous what they have to go through with this.

All theY want is accountability and justice.

Good luck to them.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Ridiculous what they have to go through with this.

All theY want is accountability and justice.

Good luck to them.

Surely they could still achieve accountability and justice of sorts by persuing Anne Sacoolas through the courts in America and try and get a ruling against her in the States, but by going after both the British & American governments at the same time as Sacoolas, I fear all that is going to happen now is a closing of ranks and it wouldn't surprise me now that any civil case against Sacoolas goes nowhere fast, certainly now if Trump has anything to do with it, surely it would have been much better to try and keep Trump on your side.

Just feel that it would be much better to have fought one battle at a time, go after Sacoolas first before trying to take on the British & American authorities, goodness knows what toll fighting multiple battles against multiple people at the same time will have on the family.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Surely they could still achieve accountability and justice of sorts by persuing Anne Sacoolas through the courts in America and try and get a ruling against her in the States, but by going after both the British & American governments at the same time as Sacoolas, I fear all that is going to happen now is a closing of ranks and it wouldn't surprise me now that any civil case against Sacoolas goes nowhere fast, certainly now if Trump has anything to do with it, surely it would have been much better to try and keep Trump on your side.

Just feel that it would be much better to have fought one battle at a time, go after Sacoolas first before trying to take on the British & American authorities, goodness knows what toll fighting multiple battles against multiple people at the same time will have on the family.

Sadly it could and probably will get messy.

As you said already it is hoped they had been advised wisely.

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

One of our company lawyers just happened to be walking past as I read this so I asked his opinion. He knows about the story somehow already. He says that as the crime/act wasn't committed on US soil/territory, the Justice Department has no jurisdiction to bring criminal proceedings.

However, he thinks it would be possible for the family to bring a civil case (which basically means suing her) in the US on the grounds that she lives here and would not voluntarily return to the UK for a trial there. In other words, if you can provide adequate justification for doing it in the US, then a judge would probably allow it. 

Edited by trotter

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, trotter said:

One of our company lawyers just happened to be walking past as I read this so I asked his opinion. He knows about the story somehow already. He says that as the crime/act wasn't committed on US soil/territory, the Justice Department has no jurisdiction to bring criminal proceedings.

However, he thinks it would be possible for the family to bring a civil case (which basically means suing her) in the US on the grounds that she lives here and would not voluntarily return to the UK for a trial there. In other words, if you can provide adequate justification for doing it in the US, then a judge would probably allow it. 

Good information.👍

24 minutes ago, trotter said:

Yip, that's exactly what the family are doing, pursuing a civil case, I think by now they must know that they are never ever going to get a criminal conviction as long as she remains in the States.

Personally, the best that I think they could hope for is to win a case for damages against her, thereby a court has ruled that Anne Sacoolas is responsible for their son's death, it's not what the family want but it's probably the best outcome that they can achieve.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, that's exactly what the family are doing, pursuing a civil case, I think by now they must know that they are never ever going to get a criminal conviction as long as she remains in the States.

Personally, the best that I think they could hope for is to win a case for damages against her, thereby a court has ruled that Anne Sacoolas is responsible for their son's death, it's not what the family want but it's probably the best outcome that they can achieve.

This.

I think they have been well advised. 

Tough doing all this and grieving too. 

• 4 weeks later...

Government seeking legal costs against the family in the event their action against the FCO falls.    Raab slavering about protecting the taxpayer.

Filth.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Government seeking legal costs against the family in the event their action against the FCO falls.    Raab slavering about protecting the taxpayer.

Filth.

Priorities . . . how many millions for the McCanns? But a grieving working class family from the Midlands can **** off, because of course they can.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Priorities . . . how many millions for the McCanns? But a grieving working class family from the Midlands can **** off, because of course they can.

It's an obscenity.     Trying to strongarm them into dropping the action.     I wonder why.

Sexton Hardcastle

Hopefully and more than likely they will get a lot of financial support from crowdfunding and other sources.

Government has blood on their hands the dirty rats.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Surprised that this news has resurfaced today, I read about this around 2 weeks ago.

I'll try and find the article.

Edit:

Found it, Dated 10 November & updated 11 November.

In this article, it mentions several times that the FCO would seek their legal costs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7670441/Foreign-office-tells-Harry-Dunns-family-allegations-against-Dominc-Raab-without-foundation.html

The Real Maroonblood

Surprised that this news has resurfaced today, I read about this around 2 weeks ago.

I'll try and find the article.

Edit:

Found it, Dated 10 November & updated 11 November.

In this article, it mentions several times that the FCO would seek their legal costs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7670441/Foreign-office-tells-Harry-Dunns-family-allegations-against-Dominc-Raab-without-foundation.html

Thanks for the link although I detest that paper.

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thanks for the link although I detest that paper.

It was just the first one I found.

I knew I'd seen the story a week or two ago, that's why I was surprised when I heard folks going on about it today, and I thought, this is old news, what's happened today for it to resurface again.

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It was just the first one I found.

I knew I'd seen the story a week or two ago, that's why I was surprised when I heard folks going on about it today, and I thought, this is old news, what's happened today for it to resurface again.

I hope it’s not another one of these tragedies that will just disappear on the news.

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I hope it’s not another one of these tragedies that will just disappear on the news.

Wouldn't shock me if it were to, I think we've all seen this script before, especially when things start to get bogged down in the legal system, the wheels of that can often turn very very slowly, especially when it involves Governments, you can bet it'll crawl through the American courts.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

She has now been charged.

This was always likely to be the outcome, however the US state department has said she is not coming back and has released a fairly bullish statement.

The family has said that they didn't think it would be so hard and take so long to get to this point, well I sincerely hope they are prepared to be patient because this could take years to go through the American courts, especially seeing as the US authorities will do everything to obstruct, block, delay and drag things out for as long as they possibly can.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

This was always likely to be the outcome, however the US state department has said she is not coming back and has released a fairly bullish statement.

The family has said that they didn't think it would be so hard and take so long to get to this point, well I sincerely hope they are prepared to be patient because this could take years to go through the American courts, especially seeing as the US authorities will do everything to obstruct, block, delay and drag things out for as long as they possibly can.

:spoton:

Captain Sausage

The Americans are a shower of pricks. They’d be absolutely squealing for extradition if the roles were reversed. 

Frustrates me that we pander to these gun toting bellends like their little pet. 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

The Americans are a shower of pricks. They’d be absolutely squealing for extradition if the roles were reversed. 

Frustrates me that we pander to these gun toting bellends like their little pet. 

😑 You are not alone in that

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Special relationship and all that crap.

21 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Without a doubt.

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Only when it suits.

41 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Unlike them, our Police and justice system (England's to be fair here) showing itself to be independent. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unlike them, our Police and justice system (England's to be fair here) showing itself to be independent. 

Credit is due for pursuing this.

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Spot on.

I think we need legal changes here to make sure extradition rules are equal, and if that means the U.S. cannot extradite people from the UK then that is fair until they treat us with respect.

• 3 weeks later...

Priti Patel has this evening sent the US Justice Department an extradition notice for Anne Sacoolas.

That's the ball rolling, it's now in the hands of the US Justice Department.

13 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Priti Patel has this evening sent the US Justice Department an extradition notice for Anne Sacoolas.

That's the ball rolling, it's now in the hands of the US Justice Department.

the us have said the request is inappropriate and extraditing her would be an abuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51075235

so what they are saying is us citizens can kill people in other countries and to hell with facing consequences 

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the us have said the request is inappropriate and extraditing her would be an abuse

so what they are saying is us citizens can kill people in other countries and to hell with facing consequences 

Pretty much always been that case, however when it's the US wanting to extradite someone, different story then.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

US acting as arseholes.

What a surprise.

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Unbelievable that another 2 incidences of people leaving this airbase and driving on the wrong side of the road have occurred since Harry Dunn's death.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51160840

Including one which resulted in them colliding with a Police Car!

if i was the police i would setup something near there and arrest everyone who is driving on the wrong side of the road, make a big spectacle of it